PDA

View Full Version : Broncos - Browns predictions

weazel
09-16-2009, 07:21 PM
what does everyone think the outcome will be?

I think Orton will have a better game and hopefully be a little more in sync with Marshall and the other receivers. The Broncos have to get the running game going though, lets hope that we see some of that explosiveness from Moreno that we all heard about.

I think our defense will have a great day, I just hope the offense can get some chemistry going.

Denver 20 - Cleveland - 13

LoyalSoldier
09-16-2009, 07:28 PM
If our offense can actually score some points this time and our defense plays as well as they did last week I can see us walking away with a win. If the offense struggles again I see us losing.

T.K.O.
09-16-2009, 07:54 PM
denver 27
brownies 17

:beer:

Dreadnought
09-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Broncos win, 16 - 14. Prater wins it on a last minute 49 yarder

Day1BroncoFan
09-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Denver 24-17

Dman444
09-16-2009, 08:47 PM
I could see this being a trap type game. I'm sure everyone thinks we are going to win. The Browns defense looks better than it did last year and in the first half they held AP to under thirty yards.

Quinn's strongest asset is the short to medium passes over the middle of the field and coincidentally that's what we've struggled on. In the preseason it was apparent that it was our weakness, but I think the in the Bengals game that was our game plan.

If our D plays like it did against the Bengals and can stop the run then I think we will win. If they rely on Quinn to win them the game then I don't think they will.

We need to establish the run early and often and then we need to run some play actions.

The Glue Factory
09-16-2009, 08:55 PM
20-17 Broncos.

Orton & co score 1 TD and 2 FGs while the defense starts the scoring frenzy with a score of their own late in the second quarter to even the score. Browns try to come back late in the game but the stout defense causes a turnover and we run out the clock. :D

Lonestar
09-16-2009, 09:30 PM
I also think this could be a trap game with emotions running high for the win last week and the hated raiders next week..

while the CIN game could be a huge building block there is much to learn yet on both sides of the LOS..

although now the mike is no longer here it will not be quite the ordeal for us all..

some folks may be looking past the browns a bit..

while I do not think it will happen as I believe Josh will have the as READY as he can it is natural to worry more about division games than others..

CLE 15-DEN 24

BigSarge87
09-16-2009, 09:31 PM
From what McDaniels and Co. have said in the past, they will come up with a completely different gameplan than last week. We've heard repeatedly that they will gameplan depending on what they think the strengths and weaknesses of the other team are. That is why they have put such and emphasis on 'VERSATILE' players. They could come up with completely different formations and personnel packages.

That could be good or bad. I see this being a closer game than everyone thinks. I think we still have a hard time getting into the endzone, Prater kicks three inside the 30, we score once, defense plays well but not as well as last week. Quinn has a chance to win it at the end of the game but can't get it done.

16 - 14 Broncos go 2-0

Lonestar
09-16-2009, 09:40 PM
From what McDaniels and Co. have said in the past, they will come up with a completely different gameplan than last week. We've heard repeatedly that they will gameplan depending on what they think the strengths and weaknesses of the other team are. That is why they have put such and emphasis on 'VERSATILE' players. They could come up with completely different formations and personnel packages.

That could be good or bad. I see this being a closer game than everyone thinks. I think we still have a hard time getting into the endzone, Prater kicks three inside the 30, we score once, defense plays well but not as well as last week. Quinn has a chance to win it at the end of the game but can't get it done.

16 - 14 Broncos go 2-0

I think they will play more base stuff for awhile and throw in some wrinkles as they get used to the schemes..

the D however will probably look different week to week.. less subtle than O will be..

Shutdown
09-16-2009, 09:44 PM
I really just don't want to overlook this team. Yes our history against them suggests there is some force field preventing the Browns from beating the Broncos but I think if we are all looking at this as a "gimmie" then we will all be surprised.

Our run game has to improve DRASTICALLY. We need to get off to better starts on drives. Stay away from second and longs. We need to be more physical up front and create holes/fill gaps on both sides of the ball.

I'm looking for the flow. I expect things to flow a lot smoother this week. We'll see.

Being cautious -

Den - 16 Cle - 14

Go Broncos

BigSarge87
09-16-2009, 09:46 PM
I think they will play more base stuff for awhile and throw in some wrinkles as they get used to the schemes..

the D however will probably look different week to week.. less subtle than O will be..

Stop using common sense to disagree with me...

...write that down

topscribe
09-16-2009, 09:46 PM
I just got through hearing Vic Lombardi talk about how receivers were running
down the field open, yet Orton chose to throw underneath. That might be a
"hangover" from Chicago where receivers just didn't get open deep. I am
hopeful that Orton will acclimate to his supporting cast and begin to find
those guys downfield.

But it won't happen this week: Denver 16, Cleveland 9.

-----

Dreadnought
09-16-2009, 09:50 PM
We'll get a better picture than last week of where our run defense is too. Jamal Lewis is no chump, and the Browns have a respectable O-line. Stop Lewis and we can stop Quinn I think.

Dreadnought
09-16-2009, 09:52 PM
I just got through hearing Vic Lombardi talk about how receivers were running
down the field open, yet Orton chose to throw underneath. That might be a
"hangover" from Chicago where receivers just didn't get open deep. I am
hopeful that Orton will acclimate to his supporting cast and begin to find
those guys downfield.

But it won't happen this week: Denver 16, Cleveland 9.

-----

Agreed. You and I differ on Orton and his abilities, but our receiver corps is orders of magnitude better than anything he's ever played with before. They can make him look halfway good if he lets them

Overtime
09-16-2009, 10:20 PM
Broncos 20
Browns 17

honz
09-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Broncos 52
Browns 3

topscribe
09-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Broncos 52
Browns 3

Ummm . . . Elway is retired, Honz . . . :confused:

-----

honz
09-16-2009, 10:39 PM

-----

Orton > Elway? :whoknows:

I believe in miracles.

topscribe
09-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Orton > Elway? :whoknows:

I believe in miracles.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/bann-1.gif

-----

CrazyHorse
09-16-2009, 11:22 PM
23-20 in overtime as Orton recreates "The Drive".

Shazam!
09-17-2009, 12:28 AM
It will be a low scoring affair.

Orton won't be pretty but will continue to show improvement and his comfort will grow.

Hopefully, Marshall will become the Marshall we remember as he sees more time.

The D will continue to be solid but not spectacular.

Better STs seems to be helping.

I hope there are no injuries.

We can't ask for a better time to ignite the running game than Cleveland's defense. They must have shaky confidence after last week's disaster.

Going for 3-0 @ Oakland.

21-10, something like that I think.

dogfish
09-17-2009, 12:37 AM
the people who were saying we should get brady quinn will never spew that drivel around here again. . . .

broncophan
09-17-2009, 12:47 AM
Cle 27
Den 13

Shazam!
09-17-2009, 12:54 AM
Cle 27
Den 13

No way they'll allow 27 points to Cleveland. No way.

CrazyHorse
09-17-2009, 01:07 AM
No way they'll allow 27 points to Cleveland. No way.

They scored 20 against the Vikings who have a better defense than we do.

Elevation inc
09-17-2009, 02:43 AM
denver wins 17-10...buckhalter runs for 97 yds and a TD, and Marshall gets the other TD from seven yds out, prater connects from 45......

royal 6 catches 64 yds
Marshall 5 catches 71 yds, 1 TD
orton 21-32 for 220 yds 1 TD, 1 INT
Buckhalter 15 carries for 97 yds and a TD
Moreno 10 carries for 50 yds

i think we will certainly run more than 16 times this game......which should open things up a bit for the WR's and orton

Nomad
09-17-2009, 05:46 AM
BRONCOS 24
Browns 23

Dirk
09-17-2009, 06:02 AM
the people who were saying we should get brady quinn will never spew that drivel around here again. . . .

:behindsofa:

Dirk
09-17-2009, 06:04 AM
Oops, forgot to contribute...

I think that the Broncos Offense will have a better game. I hope that the defense plays with the heart they did last week!!

Broncos win the game by 10 points!

EastCoastBronco
09-17-2009, 06:39 AM
I'm thinking another field goal fest, with maybe a "lucky" touchdown by either team.

Denver 16 - Cleveland 10

broncofaninfla
09-17-2009, 07:39 AM
Denver 16 Cleveland 14

honz
09-17-2009, 08:46 AM

Mangina made the wrong choice. Derek Anderson is a much better QB IMO.

TXBRONC
09-17-2009, 09:25 AM
If our offense can actually score some points this time and our defense plays as well as they did last week I can see us walking away with a win. If the offense struggles again I see us losing.

I would also like to see us do better on kick off and punt returns.

Skinny
09-17-2009, 10:42 AM
24-21 Broncos in a close one.

T.K.O.
09-17-2009, 11:21 AM

-----

uhhh..... oh that changes everything.....
broncos 3
browns 2
:D

T.K.O.
09-17-2009, 11:23 AM
I would also like to see us do better on kick off and punt returns.

do you know what the scoop is on mckinley?
i think royal has been told not to go nuts on returns because we need him so badly at wr....but mckinley is supposed to be a pretty good return guy is'nt he?
its kinda scary seeing hillis out there returning.........especially if your on the kicking team:mad:
"HILLIS CRUSH PUNY HUMANS !"

Slick
09-17-2009, 11:25 AM
If we don't give anything cheap to Cribbs, I think we win it. I don't see us blowing anyone out this year so I'll say 23-16.

NightTrainLayne
09-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Unfortunately for our chances at winning, I will be at this game. I must be bad luck, because I've never seen the Broncos win at home, and with our historical home-field advantage that is quite an aberration.

Sorry guys.

On the plus side, the one time I've been to Arrowhead, we won there. .. and we never win there. . .

Slick
09-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Unfortunately for our chances at winning, I will be at this game. I must be bad luck, because I've never seen the Broncos win at home, and with our historical home-field advantage that is quite an aberration.

Sorry guys.

On the plus side, the one time I've been to Arrowhead, we won there. .. and we never win there. . .

Time to stamp out that bad karma NTL. Have fun at the game, say hi to everyone. I wish I could go.

LRtagger
09-17-2009, 03:25 PM
They scored 20 against the Vikings who have a better defense than we do.

At the same time, Cinci's offense is better than Cleveland's...so what does that tell you being that they scored 7 against us last week?

T.K.O.
09-17-2009, 03:37 PM

Sorry guys.

just rememver they moved the game to monday at 2:oo pm (part of the leagues new "early flex scheduling")have fun and GO BRONCOS !:D

T.K.O.
09-17-2009, 03:40 PM
in a totally unrelated question......(not worthy of starting a thread and i didnt know where to ask)
which afcw rival would you rather see win the kc vs oak game?
i'm leaning more towards oakland....and i hate too say that. but i dont want to see cassell getting any kind of momentum going.
and i can always count on the raiders to lose 6-7 games down the stretch

Poet
09-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Cleveland is especially terrible. There's going to come a point in time where Braylon Edwards has to be thrown to.

Bailey will be big this game.

Ravage!!!
09-17-2009, 03:43 PM
I think Oakland is playing better football right now.

Shutdown
09-17-2009, 04:09 PM
I think Oakland is playing better football right now.

Oakland always has a hot spot at some point through out the season. Luckily, it always seems to fizzle out and they are back to the Raiders we all know and feel sorry for.

Day1BroncoFan
09-17-2009, 04:10 PM
I guess you can talk about jokeland in the Broncos - Browns thread.

:whoknows:

Ravage!!!
09-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Oakland always has a hot spot at some point through out the season. Luckily, it always seems to fizzle out and they are back to the Raiders we all know and feel sorry for.

yeah.. but the Chiefs rarely have a hot -spot at all. for this weekend, I'm putting My money on Oakland to beat the Chiefs.

But wow.. is their QB bad or what? (yes, this goes for both teams)

Shutdown
09-17-2009, 05:46 PM
yeah.. but the Chiefs rarely have a hot -spot at all. for this weekend, I'm putting My money on Oakland to beat the Chiefs.

But wow.. is their QB bad or what? (yes, this goes for both teams)

JaMarcus just has NO accuracy at all. It's sad really because if he could control that fat cannon he wouldn't be half bad. As far as Matt Cassel goes, he should be in jail right now. He committed highway robbery and took the Chiefs. Good for him, I guess.

Lonestar
09-17-2009, 05:51 PM
hey guys if you want to talk about raiders and chefs start a thread

PLEASE can we get..

:focus:

Shutdown
09-17-2009, 06:23 PM
hey guys if you want to talk about raiders and chefs start a thread

PLEASE can we get..

:focus:

Sorry bout that JR. Back on topic!

T.K.O.
09-18-2009, 02:36 PM
http://www.koaradio.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=261777&article=6014049
this is sort of funny....the newsman in cleveland really tries to rip us a new one.....

Chica_Ang
09-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Denver 21
Cleveland 14
:cool:

Jaws
09-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Cle 27
Den 13

Wrong way round.

Broncos 27 Browns 13.

DenverDude88
09-18-2009, 11:32 PM
If we don't give anything cheap to Cribbs, I think we win it. I don't see us blowing anyone out this year so I'll say 23-16.

I think this game will be a semi blowout! I am thinking 27-13 we win!!! I am being cautiously optimistic and I think if we can do this we will be a playoff team this year! Gooooo Broncos!!!!:defense:

P.S this is my first post ever

Lonestar
09-18-2009, 11:41 PM
I think this game will be a semi blowout! I am thinking 27-13 we win!!! I am being cautiously optimistic and I think if we can do this we will be a playoff team this year! Gooooo Broncos!!!!:defense:

welcome to the forum

hope your right

pnbronco
09-19-2009, 09:45 AM
Broncos 21
Cleveland 17

Hoping for a great game at home with lots of energy and no injuries.
Still out of town and will be driving from CA this time, just hoping I can pick this game up on the radio.

GO BRONCOS!!!

Dean
09-19-2009, 10:05 AM

Cautiously optimistic for you is being a playoff team this year??? :confused:

Good luck with that.

BroncoJoe
09-19-2009, 10:42 AM
I predict that I'm going to have a great time at the game with a bunch of fellow freaks.

Poet
09-19-2009, 10:44 AM
I predict that I'm going to have a great time at the game with a bunch of fellow freaks.

Mo's coming for your leg, Joe.

MOtorboat
09-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Mo's coming for your leg, Joe.

Don't screw with me, queen...

Ziggy
09-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Broncos 27 Cleveland 17. The game isn't as close as the score indicates, with the Brownies scoring a meaningless late TD.