PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' opponents for 2015 set

Magnificent Seven
12-15-2014, 04:13 PM
SAN DIEGO -- The Week 15 results decided the champions of three AFC divisions -- and locked the Broncos' 2015 roster of opponents into place.

The clinching victories for the Broncos, New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts provided the final pieces of next year's schedule: the two games that are annually determined by the previous year's division placement.

The other 14 games are determined by intra-division games and inter-division and inter-conference rotations.

The Broncos are paired with the AFC North and NFC North in 2015, so they will face every team from those divisions. The venues are reversed from the last time they faced those divisions: 2012 and 2011, respectively.

Dates and times for the 2015 schedule will be announced next spring.

HOME

Kansas City
Oakland
San Diego
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Green Bay
Minnesota
New England

AWAY

Kansas City
Oakland
San Diego
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Chicago
Detroit
Indianapolis

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-opponents-for-2015-set/867bc1a0-21e6-458e-9499-6d7d0190b671

Magnificent Seven
12-15-2014, 04:15 PM
New England @ Denver: It's about F***ing time!

BroncoWave
12-15-2014, 04:16 PM
I'm going to live about 2 hours from Pittsburgh next year, so I will definitely be going to that game.

Buff
12-15-2014, 04:19 PM
I'm going to live about 2 hours from Pittsburgh next year, so I will definitely be going to that game.

Good, you should buy your tickets from a Steelers season ticket holder and return the favor.

I wonder if Cutler will still play for the Bears for our game against Chi next year.

Northman
12-15-2014, 04:23 PM
I wonder if Cutler will still play for the Bears for our game against Chi next year.

Im sure he will get a very warm welcome.

Buff
12-15-2014, 04:24 PM
Im sure he will get a very warm welcome.

Well, the game is in Chicago, but your statement still applies.

BroncoWave
12-15-2014, 04:24 PM
Good, you should buy your tickets from a Steelers season ticket holder and return the favor.

I might even try to swing the Cleveland game too. Would be cool to see manziel.

VonDoom
12-15-2014, 04:33 PM

I was wondering how long it would take before someone said this. We already knew we had them at home next year (as long as we both won our divisions, which was finalized yesterday). Same holds for 2016.

It's always hard to predict how hard a schedule will be before one season is even over, but it looks like the hardest of the games we have are at home (NE, GB). Nothing's easy in the NFL, so we'll probably be in for another slog.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-15-2014, 05:18 PM

Watch Manning retire at the end of the year. :laugh:

Edmonton Bronco Fan
12-15-2014, 05:34 PM

AMEN! Can't wait for that one. Will be nice not having to go to Foxboro for a change.

Going to be spending large chunks of time in So Cal and Arizona next year... tentatively planning on attending a few Broncos home games. Sparklers, Pack and Pats at Mile High hopefully. Definitely the Sandy Eggo road game.

GEM
12-15-2014, 05:42 PM
How in the freaking hell do we have Patriots again? They join the AFCW sometime in the last decade? :laugh: At least it's at home.

GEM
12-15-2014, 05:45 PM
I have to get tix to GB. I took my now 20 year old a few years ago to the Monday Night game and we had such a good time. Though he's now come to his senses and digs the Broncos more than the Packers. But Packers hold a place in his heart. Damn his favorite color growing up being green. :laugh:

HORSEPOWER 56
12-15-2014, 05:53 PM
How in the freaking hell do we have Patriots again? They join the AFCW sometime in the last decade? :laugh: At least it's at home.

It's normal. We will always play the other AFC division champs if we're the division champ. Hence why we played them all this year(NE, Cincy, Indy). If we finished second, we'd play the second place teams in each division and so on.

VonDoom
12-15-2014, 05:55 PM
It's normal. We will always play the other AFC division champs if we're the division champ. Hence why we played them all this year(NE, Cincy, Indy). If we finished second, we'd play the second place teams in each division and so on.

Beat me to it. Every division plays their own division, one AFC division and one NFC division. The only other games are the teams that finish in the same spot as your team that aren't in the other inter-conference division (in this case, that's the Pats and Colts next year, since we all finished first).

sneakers
12-15-2014, 06:30 PM
Holy ******* shit! Playing NE at home!

sneakers
12-15-2014, 06:31 PM
too bad playing GB in denver, would have liked go to that game, still can go see them play the bears

Pudge
12-15-2014, 06:32 PM

Because we pay one afc division and the first place winner from the other two divisions

Magnificent Seven
12-15-2014, 07:13 PM
It looks like Broncos have tough games at home than away games.

VonDoom
12-15-2014, 08:00 PM
Also, you don't have to be Nostradamus to know who our opponents are going to be - you just have to understand the NFL's schedule rotation. For example, I can already tell you 14 of the 16 teams we'll be playing in 2016, unless they change something suddenly. No, really, I can! Check back in a year to see if I'm right:

Home: Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders, Falcons, Panthers, Colts, Texans, AFC East team that finishes in the same spot that we do
Away: Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders, Saints, Buccaneers, Titans, Jaguars, AFC North team that finishes in the same spot that we do

As an aside ... man, that looks like it would be an easy schedule in 2015, but there's no way to know how these teams will be in two years (or us, for that matter).

FanInAZ
12-15-2014, 08:08 PM
Also, you don't have to be Nostradamus to know who our opponents are going to be - you just have to understand the NFL's schedule rotation. For example, I can already tell you 14 of the 16 teams we'll be playing in 2016, unless they change something suddenly. No, really, I can! Check back in a year to see if I'm right:

Home: Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders, Falcons, Panthers, Colts, Texans, AFC East team that finishes in the same spot that we do
Away: Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders, Saints, Buccaneers, Titans, Jaguars, AFC North team that finishes in the same spot that we do

As an aside ... man, that looks like it would be an easy schedule in 2015, but there's no way to know how these teams will be in two years (or us, for that matter).

High degree of probably that the East winner will be the Patriots again. The North is much harder to call, but I find it highly unlikely that the Bengals will repeat again. Sorry King.

VonDoom
12-15-2014, 08:24 PM
High degree of probably that the East winner will be the Patriots again. The North is much harder to call, but I find it highly unlikely that the Bengals will repeat again. Sorry King.

We don't even know if the Bengals will repeat this year, especially if we beat them on Sunday

wayninja
12-15-2014, 09:35 PM
We don't even know if the Bengals will repeat this year, especially if we beat them on Sunday

Monday.

VonDoom
12-15-2014, 09:49 PM
Monday.

Right, sorry. It'd be a miracle to beat them the day before the game

spikerman
12-15-2014, 10:31 PM
I might even try to swing the Cleveland game too. Would be cool to see manziel.

He might be out of the NFL by then. :)

Simple Jaded
12-15-2014, 11:59 PM
Robert Kraft's blowjobs must be getting mundane.

OrangeHoof
12-16-2014, 11:24 AM
For the most part, I like it. Beats playing the NFC West.

Valar Morghulis
12-16-2014, 01:09 PM
Robert Kraft's blowjobs must be getting mundane.

I heard the last one Brady gave him was magnificent

VonDoom
01-16-2015, 08:21 PM
It just occurred to me that the game in Chicago next year got a lot more interesting with Fox going there ...