PDA

View Full Version : Pot Roast guarantees Superbowl victory this year.

DenBronx
12-15-2014, 10:48 AM
I get a little nervous when guys do this but I must say that I love this guys tenacity. If everyone on the team has that mentality we would be scary. Just not sure i'd of said it so soon! Lol

From NBC Sports Talk for Android:

Pot Roast promises a Broncos Super Bowl win
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/15/pot-roast-promises-a-broncos-super-bowl-win/

Denver Native (Carol)
12-15-2014, 10:50 AM
Vic Lombardi retweeted
Terrance Knighton @MrKnighton2u · 10h

I didn't guarantee a super bowl win. I just said I don't give a f**k who we play. We as a team have one goal. Being super bowl champs.

DenBronx
12-15-2014, 10:53 AM
Nice follow up tweet but this is going viral right now. Maybe he should have chosen his words differently then.

Sure sounded like that in both reports I read. At least stand by what you say and don't back track.

DenBronx
12-15-2014, 10:56 AM
"It doesn't matter what happens, at the end of the year we're hoisting that trophy."

Sounds like a guarantee to me.

Nomad
12-15-2014, 11:00 AM
I like the confidence. I'd rather see this than players moping around scared, because they know the road to the SB is probably going through New England.

BroncoJoe
12-15-2014, 11:01 AM
Non-story. What's he supposed to say?

turftoad
12-15-2014, 11:16 AM

Nothing. He should keep his mouth shut.

Northman
12-15-2014, 11:22 AM
He could of said that the team is just continuing to work hard to reach the goal of a championship. Making guarantees like he did just come off as silly, especially if you end up losing either before the big game or during. What i want is the team to just take it one game at a time because the minute you dont you have a case of what happened with the Ravens a couple of years ago. Dont worry about the SB until you actually reach it.

Bronco4ever
12-15-2014, 11:24 AM
It's not like this is going to be bulletin board material for any other team. Dude is just confident in himself and his team to win right now. I see no problem in that.

VonDoom
12-15-2014, 12:02 PM
It's not like this is going to be bulletin board material for any other team. Dude is just confident in himself and his team to win right now. I see no problem in that.

Agreed. As I said when I posted this in the game thread, I like his leadership on the defense. I think guys rally around him and while I normally don't like guys to be overconfident, I'd rather them face it head on instead of being intimidated by New England.

OrangeHoof
12-15-2014, 01:44 PM
It's not the same as guaranteeing we will beat Team X just before playing them. Actually, saying this now after wrapping up the division is probably the right time to say what he said because no other team can feel individually singled out or challenged by his comment.

VonDoom
12-15-2014, 03:08 PM
Speaking of Knighton, this is as good a place as any to put this:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 13m13 minutes ago Dove Valley, CO

Terrance Knighton, on his upcoming contract: "Denver is definitely where I want to be ... If they're in the ballpark, I'll be a Bronco."

Northman
12-15-2014, 03:53 PM
Wonder what his "ballpark" is?

SoCalImport
12-15-2014, 08:09 PM
The kind that plumps when you cook it

MOtorboat
12-15-2014, 08:14 PM

I'd be worried if he didn't think/say that.

DenBronx
12-15-2014, 08:47 PM
Sort of paints a target on your back and gives the other team extra motivation. And we all know the media will have a field day with this one the rest of the season.

But like I said, I do like him being bold about it.

MOtorboat
12-15-2014, 08:49 PM
Sort of paints a target on your back and gives the other team extra motivation. And we all know the media will have a field day with this one the rest of the season.

Completely disagree. No one will care by tomorrow.

DenBronx
12-15-2014, 09:01 PM

Completely disagree. No one will care by tomorrow.

You think Brady and Bill will forget this if we meet up?

MOtorboat
12-15-2014, 09:07 PM
You think Brady and Bill will forget this if we meet up?

Lol. Neither of them will probably ever hear it.

Slick
12-15-2014, 09:10 PM

Agreed.

wayninja
12-15-2014, 09:23 PM
I for one like that he said it, and would have had no problem if he said "**** YEAH, I GUARANTEE THAT SHIT!" instead of eschewing. Go ahead and pump your team up and give off an air of invincibility.

Teams have plenty of motivation already to play well in the post-season.

SWotRR
12-16-2014, 10:00 AM
Lol. Neither of them will probably ever hear it.

He's already heard about it. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/16/tom-brady-on-terrance-knighton-well-done-is-better-than-well-said/

‘Well, Pot Roast is a big man and I would never say anything that would get him mad at me, but I’ll just say there’s a lot of football left to be played. My Dad always told me ‘well done is better than well said,'” Brady said.

GEM
12-16-2014, 10:52 AM
Von Miller guaranteed a SB victory....does anybody remember when or even that he did so?

DenBronx
12-16-2014, 11:30 AM
"Well done is better than well said" Lol!

Good response from Brady.

DenBronx
12-16-2014, 11:41 AM
Brady on DEN's Guarantee: 'We'll Do Our Talking on the Field'
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dfBjT?

Brady on DEN's Guarantee: 'We'll Do Our Talking on the Field'

via ble.ac/teamstream-

Buff
12-16-2014, 12:01 PM
Well done, kind of like when Pot Roast sacked Brady last year to seal the AFC Championship for the Broncos. Remember that WTE?

WTE
12-16-2014, 12:34 PM
Well done, kind of like when Pot Roast sacked Brady last year to seal the AFC Championship for the Broncos. Remember that WTE?

I'm not allowed to post in here, so I won't.

MOtorboat
12-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Von Miller guaranteed a SB victory....does anybody remember when or even that he did so?

Yes...and no...

tomjonesrocks
12-16-2014, 12:59 PM
"Well done is better than well said" Lol! Good response from Brady.

Cool and all but few QBs do as much yapping on the field as he does.

He's hardly above this.

Runamok
12-16-2014, 01:03 PM

Correct.

There is absolutely nothing to be gained by such comments, and everything to lose.

Runamok
12-16-2014, 01:16 PM
I for one like that he said it, and would have had no problem if he said "**** YEAH, I GUARANTEE THAT SHIT!" instead of eschewing. Go ahead and pump your team up and give off an air of invincibility.

Teams have plenty of motivation already to play well in the post-season.

BIG mistake by Pot Roast.

I suppose if the Broncos had beaten NE up in Foxboro a few short weeks ago, rather than gotten rolled over, it might have bee ok to blow his horn.

But, c'mon man.

And anyone who thinks NE is going to forget this if they meet again is naïve, to put it nicely. Miami did some trash talk following their opening day WIN and NE didn't forget that even though it was only a regular season game, according to Revis, and looked what happened.

Nope. Bad, as in dumb, move by Pot Roast.

Buff
12-16-2014, 01:18 PM
#BunchedPanties

BroncoWave
12-16-2014, 01:25 PM
Lol people thinking "bulletin board material" has any actual bearing on a game. Playing for a spot in the Super Bowl is all the motivation any team should need for a game. Something pot roast said isn't going to amount to a hill of beans by the time that game actually takes place, if that is indeed the matchup. There are about a million things that would concern me about that matchup before I got to new England's reaction to bulletin board material.

underrated29
12-16-2014, 01:51 PM
I dont see how it matters. We are going to remember what brady said. We are going to remember how they beat us earlier this year. We remember when brady was a candy ass and punted the ball against us on 3rd down in the tebow year. I do not care what anyone says on either team. It will likely come down to us or them for AFC superbowl representation. Only one will stand.

I want Harris on Edelman. Talib on Gronk with Saftey help over the top (bruton)...Then I want to blitz brady on most every play. THROUGH THE A GAP!!!! YOU HEAR ME DEL RIO!!! A GAP BLITZES!!! The rest should take care of itself. Broncos back to back Superbowl appearances.

Runamok
12-16-2014, 02:18 PM
#BunchedPanties

No, not at all.

Pure fact. I couldn't get back to the link, but Revis' comments were all over the sports news this week, including NFL.com. Teams DO remember and they most definitely use it as motivation.

I wish he hadn't said it.

LawDog
12-16-2014, 02:27 PM
Unless he puts on a fur coat, gets sloppy drunk, and hits on women on national tv, decades after calling his shot and then winning, I don't really care.

Runamok
12-16-2014, 02:33 PM
Here's a link.

http://nesn.com/2014/12/darrelle-revis-patriots-noticed-dolphins-chirping-about-week-1-win/

I don't know how anyone could refute the issue.

Runamok
12-16-2014, 02:36 PM
Here's another link, from NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000444347/article/revis-to-dolphins-you-need-to-watch-what-you-say

Case closed as far as whether or not PR should have spouted off.

BroncoJoe
12-16-2014, 02:36 PM
Here's a link.

http://nesn.com/2014/12/darrelle-revis-patriots-noticed-dolphins-chirping-about-week-1-win/

Here's another link, from NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000444347/article/revis-to-dolphins-you-need-to-watch-what-you-say

Case closed.

Your point?

GEM
12-16-2014, 02:42 PM
BIG mistake by Pot Roast.

I suppose if the Broncos had beaten NE up in Foxboro a few short weeks ago, rather than gotten rolled over, it might have bee ok to blow his horn.

But, c'mon man.

And anyone who thinks NE is going to forget this if they meet again is naïve, to put it nicely. Miami did some trash talk following their opening day WIN and NE didn't forget that even though it was only a regular season game, according to Revis, and looked what happened.

Nope. Bad, as in dumb, move by Pot Roast.

Mmmmkay, Pats fan. :)

BroncoWave
12-16-2014, 02:43 PM
Here's a link.

So the only way new England possibly won that game was because of bulletin board material? They couldn't have possibly won otherwise?

GEM
12-16-2014, 02:45 PM
Funny, using Revis as an example. He isn't really a part of any specific team, just the one that pays him the most money. The Browns offer him more next year, he'll be there. The Jags offer him more, he'll be there. He follows the money and gives 2 shits.

GEM
12-16-2014, 02:48 PM
Is this Bojangles? Is it the long gone PatsR? Maybe it's WTE's pizza guy.

Runamok
12-16-2014, 02:52 PM
Your point?

Simple, Joe.

Teams DO USE such comments as BB material so it would have been better if PR didn't blurt them out and give NE any ammunition.

That is all I'm saying. Not trying to weigh in on those who think his comments show strength, confidence, machismo, et cetera.

The fact is, there was nothing here to be gained, and plenty to lose, by making those bold predictions. Truth be told, they kinda made him sound like a dumbass, given the fact that NE handled the Broncos with ease in Week 9.

That's NOT to say the Broncos are doomed to lose if they meet NE again this season in Foxboro. Just that PR never, ever shoulda said it publically.

Runamok
12-16-2014, 03:00 PM
Funny, using Revis as an example. He isn't really a part of any specific team, just the one that pays him the most money. The Browns offer him more next year, he'll be there. The Jags offer him more, he'll be there. He follows the money and gives 2 shits.

Did you read the links? Belichick had the Miami trash talking quotes running on monitors through out the Pats facility! So to those who have insisted such comments as PR made are of no consequence or soon forgotten are very naïve.

Given the fact that they were used in Week 15 and given the beating NE laid on Miami, after getting trounced in Week 1, indicates to me that making such bold predications to the media is senseless and a no-win proposition.

And it has nothing to do with where Revis is headed next season.

Runamok
12-16-2014, 03:03 PM
Pats fan?

How do my comments compute to that conclusion? I'm talking about basic common sense here.

Runamok
12-16-2014, 03:05 PM
So the only way new England possibly won that game was because of bulletin board material? They couldn't have possibly won otherwise?

Seriously, is that what you took away from my comments?

Oh, Lordy

BroncoWave
12-16-2014, 03:08 PM
Seriously, is that what you took away from my comments?

Oh, Lordy

No, I was simply making a point. The point being the if the Pats were going to win either way, then the comments were irrelevant.

tomjonesrocks
12-16-2014, 03:20 PM
Denver should put the fake punt while up 22 on loop on all the TVs then in the Broncos complex.

Oh yeah. Pats are classy.

Or the crowd chanting "Brady's Better".

I could go on.

BroncoJoe
12-16-2014, 03:24 PM
Simple, Joe.

Teams DO USE such comments as BB material so it would have been better if PR didn't blurt them out and give NE any ammunition.

That is all I'm saying. Not trying to weigh in on those who think his comments show strength, confidence, machismo, et cetera.

The fact is, there was nothing here to be gained, and plenty to lose, by making those bold predictions. Truth be told, they kinda made him sound like a dumbass, given the fact that NE handled the Broncos with ease in Week 9.

That's NOT to say the Broncos are doomed to lose if they meet NE again this season in Foxboro. Just that PR never, ever shoulda said it publically.

Simple, for the simple minded maybe.

Many have bitched about the Broncos being too finesse, soft, or not having testicular fortitude. Frankly, I like the swagger, and believe it helps the Broncos more than any other team who may take issue and need a tissue.

It's not a lock the AFCCG is us against NE. They could easily lose in the playoffs, as could we. I applaud PR for saying what we all want to hear: SB Champs or bust.

GEM
12-16-2014, 03:27 PM
Did you read the links? Belichick had the Miami trash talking quotes running on monitors through out the Pats facility! So to those who have insisted such comments as PR made are of no consequence or soon forgotten are very naïve.

Given the fact that they were used in Week 15 and given the beating NE laid on Miami, after getting trounced in Week 1, indicates to me that making such bold predications to the media is senseless and a no-win proposition.

And it has nothing to do with where Revis is headed next season.

Nope, sure didn't. I'm a Broncos fan and don't give a shit what the Patriots think.

Quit trying to pull off that you're a Broncos fan and infiltrating your Patriots agenda here.

Northman
12-16-2014, 03:27 PM
He's already heard about it. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/16/tom-brady-on-terrance-knighton-well-done-is-better-than-well-said/

Bhwhahahahaahhaa Awesome.

Northman
12-16-2014, 03:28 PM

To bad he couldnt do that in the SB.

Northman
12-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Correct.

There is absolutely nothing to be gained by such comments, and everything to lose.

I dont know if there is much to lose, we were already embarrassed once and that is enough. But i just hate comments like this because its just so damn dumb to make. Just go out play football, let your play do the talking.

Runamok
12-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Simple, for the simple minded maybe.

Many have bitched about the Broncos being too finesse, soft, or not having testicular fortitude. Frankly, I like the swagger, and believe it helps the Broncos more than any other team who may take issue and need a tissue.

It's not a lock the AFCCG is us against NE. They could easily lose in the playoffs, as could we. I applaud PR for saying what we all want to hear: SB Champs or bust.

Well then, whatever floats your boat. I'm more of a "walk softly, and carry a big ****** stick" sort of guy.

BroncoJoe
12-16-2014, 04:17 PM
Well then, whatever floats your boat. I'm more of a "walk softly, and carry a big ****** stick" sort of guy.

I'm happy for you.

DenBronx
12-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Two things here.
It's funny how the Patriots didn't forget what the Dolphins said and basically molested them.

It's even funnier how quickly they replied to Pot Roast comment.

MOtorboat
12-16-2014, 06:59 PM
Two things here.
It's funny how the Patriots didn't forget what the Dolphins said and basically molested them.

It's even funnier how quickly they replied to Pot Roast comment.

So, you're fully convinced that it was the Dolphins words that made New England win on Sunday and it had nothing to do with the fact that they are clearly superior to the Dolphins, yet managed to lose to the Dolphins earlier this season?

Yeah. OK.

DenBronx
12-16-2014, 07:02 PM
No, not fully convinced but....they had extra motivation. When teams play mad, especially good teams, then they usually play better. I just wanted the Pats to sleep on us and think we would be a walk in the park.

BroncoWave
12-16-2014, 07:39 PM
No, not fully convinced but....they had extra motivation. When teams play mad, especially good teams, then they usually play better. I just wanted the Pats to sleep on us and think we would be a walk in the park.

That was never going to happen in a million years anyway. Have you ever heard of Bill Belichick and Tom Brady? The next time they sleep on a team (especially a good one in a conference title game) will be a first.

If they need bulletin board material to get themselves amped up to play Denver, then they have way bigger problems.

wayninja
12-17-2014, 04:18 PM
Yeah, my entire life working to perfect my craft and the millions of dollars in incentives to win is ok and all, but what really gets me going is when someone on another team says something about winning. THEN I start to really play.

LMAO.

BroncoWave
12-17-2014, 04:58 PM
Yeah, my entire life working to perfect my craft and the millions of dollars in incentives to win is ok and all, but what really gets me going is when someone on another team says something about winning. THEN I start to really play.

LMAO.

Not to mention the game is against a big rival for a chance to play in the Super Bowl. But yeah, that bulletin board material is what's REALLY going to get them amped up to play.

DenBronx
12-17-2014, 07:10 PM

That was never going to happen in a million years anyway. Have you ever heard of Bill Belichick and Tom Brady? The next time they sleep on a team (especially a good one in a conference title game) will be a first.

If they need bulletin board material to get themselves amped up to play Denver, then they have way bigger problems.

It happened earlier in the year. The Dolphins almost beat us as well. On any given Sunday...

Runamok
12-17-2014, 10:06 PM
LOL.

Nobody's suggesting that BB material is the prime motivation or the reason a team wins a game. Of course it isn't.

But it is always wiser to avoid adding any extra incentive to your opponent, guys, in an emotion-generating game. That's basic common sense.

And I have to add that trash-talking in the media about an opponent who recently routed your team is foolish and dumb. The reason Rex Ryan is a laughing stock around the League.

Poet
12-17-2014, 11:33 PM
The Patriots are a bunch of *********.

/thread

Timmy!
12-18-2014, 02:55 AM
The Patriots are a bunch of *********.

/thread

King for president.

wayninja
12-18-2014, 03:06 AM
LOL.

Nobody's suggesting that BB material is the prime motivation or the reason a team wins a game. Of course it isn't.

But it is always wiser to avoid adding any extra incentive to your opponent, guys, in an emotion-generating game. That's basic common sense.

And I have to add that trash-talking in the media about an opponent who recently routed your team is foolish and dumb. The reason Rex Ryan is a laughing stock around the League.

It's just as easy for me to claim that expressions of public confidence degrade other teams morale. Why you ask? Because I say so. The same reason you a citing. We just beat a team that defeated not only many powerhouses this season, but also the might NFC darling Green Bay packers. I would think confidence is not without merit, and maybe some of that eats at the heart of the opposition?

Sound like bullshit? Well, so does your argument. It's all meaningless, let's agree to that.

MOtorboat
12-18-2014, 03:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMcfUjIguSs

Poet
12-18-2014, 09:35 AM
King for president.

I will lead us.

MNPatsFan
12-18-2014, 09:40 AM
I will lead us.Only if you have a DREAM! What is your dream King?

Poet
12-18-2014, 09:43 AM
Only if you have a DREAM! What is your dream King?

That all men might be able one day to easily afford a quadruple burger with whatever condiments they like.

GEM
12-18-2014, 11:06 AM

Ooooh, maybe it's broncofan7 with his big stick and numerous degrees?

Timmy!
12-18-2014, 11:37 AM
That all men might be able one day to easily afford a quadruple burger with whatever condiments they like.

Best. Speech. Ever.

weazel
12-18-2014, 11:56 AM
I guarantee I win the lottery this year!

Denver Native (Carol)
12-18-2014, 11:57 AM
Terrence Knighton made waves in the NFL world immediately after the Denver Broncos clinched the AFC West with a win over the San Diego Chargers Sunday. Knighton guaranteed a Super Bowl victory and backed up his words Monday afternoon as well.

“Some people call it a guarantee, some people call it whatever they want, but anything less than a Super Bowl victory is a disappointing season. So I stand by what I said. I don’t care who we play, where we have to play. We won’t be satisfied until we’re hoisting that trophy.”

AND

Denver is the only team in the NFL that ranks in the top-ten in both total defense and offense. They rank fourth in both categories. That simple fact is profound, especially when the playoffs are mere weeks away. The Patriots and the Packers are not ahead of the Broncos on either side of the ball in those categories and both have defenses that rank outside of the top half of the league.

full article - http://milehighsports.com/2014/12/18/pot-roast-guarantee-has-more-substance-than-most/

Twice local channel 9 showed Elway talking, and he said he did not have a problem with what Knighton said.

Northman
12-18-2014, 12:15 PM

You better share bitch!

weazel
12-18-2014, 12:19 PM
a fine selection of brews will be sent to your palatial estate

Buff
12-18-2014, 12:46 PM

C'mon man, you are only motivating other people to win the lottery with this talk!

PatriotsGuy
12-18-2014, 01:17 PM
No Broncos fans will care what he said next year when he leaves in free agency

Runamok
12-18-2014, 02:36 PM
It's just as easy for me to claim that expressions of public confidence degrade other teams morale. Why you ask? Because I say so. The same reason you a citing. We just beat a team that defeated not only many powerhouses this season, but also the might NFC darling Green Bay packers. I would think confidence is not without merit, and maybe some of that eats at the heart of the opposition?

Sound like bullshit? Well, so does your argument. It's all meaningless, let's agree to that.

Unfortunately for your argument, my argument isn't based on "Because I said so". It's based on the cites I provided which indicated the Belichick used the comments of the Dolphins as motivation, and that indicates that, regardless of how ineffective or useless you perceive them to be, they are of some value. You talk as if this is the first time you ever heard of using BB material.

GEM
12-18-2014, 02:45 PM
No Broncos fans will care what he said next year when he leaves in free agency

I'm hoping he'll stay. He's already said if they can get in the ball park, he's staying because we took a chance on him that other teams did not.

PatriotsGuy
12-18-2014, 03:10 PM
I'm hoping he'll stay. He's already said if they can get in the ball park, he's staying because we took a chance on him that other teams did not.

I hate to be the cynic that I am, but they all say that.

capt. Jack
12-18-2014, 03:26 PM
It is Ok, what do we have too lose? After last years Super Bowl, we need someone to stand up and get these guys fired up! If we win, Pot Roast is Awesome! If not, it really doesn't matter anyway.

:)

Cugel
12-18-2014, 04:35 PM

Pot Roast is the key to the success of the D-line. They don't want to lose him. He's graded out among the top 5 defensive tackles in the NFL this season. The Broncos haven't had a player of his caliber since a young Trevor Pryce.

I think they will make a serious offer. Whether they keep him or not, they're going to make it a priority.

weazel
12-18-2014, 05:07 PM
Pot Roast is the key to the success of the D-line. They don't want to lose him. He's graded out among the top 5 defensive tackles in the NFL this season. The Broncos haven't had a player of his caliber since a young Trevor Pryce.

I think they will make a serious offer. Whether they keep him or not, they're going to make it a priority.

I agree that he is very important but when someone leaves, others usually step up. Wolfe had a couple of great seasons as well.

GEM
12-18-2014, 05:08 PM
I agree that he is very important but when someone leaves, others usually step up. Wolfe had a couple of great seasons as well.

I don't think Sylvestor or Austin are anywhere in Pot Roast's play vicinity and that is who would be taking his place. Wolfe is an every down lineman. He's on the field with or without those guys.

weazel
12-18-2014, 05:44 PM
I don't think Sylvestor or Austin are anywhere in Pot Roast's play vicinity and that is who would be taking his place. Wolfe is an every down lineman. He's on the field with or without those guys.

Im not saying Wolfe would replace him, just saying that there is always someone else out there. I believe the games are won on the line so if it was up to me thats where I would spend the most time signing players so I'm with you that he should be signed if the price is alright