PDA

View Full Version : Klis: Look for John Fox, Broncos to lose both coordinators

Denver Native (Carol)
12-14-2014, 11:13 AM
My first prediction for 2015: Early in the new year, give or take a playoff round or XLIX, John Fox will be conducting job interviews.

No, silly, Fox isn't going anywhere but into a large upstairs conference room at Broncos headquarters, where he can interrogate prospects for the two coordinator openings he's likely to have after this season.

Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase and Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles must be atop this year's list of head coach candidates. They are the hot, young, highly successful assistant coaches. But no candidate will be more ready for a head coaching job than Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio.

"There's no question I'm ready," Del Rio said last week. "In fact, more ready now than when I got the opportunity originally. We'll see what happens, but right now all my focus is on doing what I can to help the Broncos win a championship."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/klis/ci_27132276/look-fox-broncos-lose-both-coordinators

Nomad
12-14-2014, 11:20 AM
Let's see a few who might have vacancies....Jets, 9ers, Giants.

Shazam!
12-14-2014, 11:36 AM
Lol Broncos can get Dennis Allen back.

LawDog
12-14-2014, 12:08 PM
Klis, I occupy the field on obviousness. Your silly article is a weak attempt to invade. Go back to your hole and try and write something interesting.

Sincerely,
LawDog

Davii
12-14-2014, 03:39 PM
Definitely won't be happy to, lose both coordinators in the same season...

dogfish
12-14-2014, 03:40 PM
not a problem. . . somebody else can hold manning's clipboard as effectively as gase. . . and del rio has mostly sucked this year. . . both highly replaceable. . .

SoCalImport
12-14-2014, 03:53 PM
not a problem. . . somebody else can hold manning's clipboard as effectively as gase. . . and del rio has mostly sucked this year. . . both highly replaceable. . .

How's that now? the Broncos D is ranked 4th in total yards allowed. Does the DC get no credit?

dogfish
12-14-2014, 04:02 PM
How's that now? the Broncos D is ranked 4th in total yards allowed. Does the DC get no credit?

don't care. . . points per game is what matters to me, and we're a completely mediocre 16th in that area. . . i consider that underachieiving with the talent we have on D. . . we'll see how it plays out down the stretch, but i think there will absolutely be guys available who can do as good a job as jack has this year. . . not saying he's a bad coordinator, but we're an attractive destination-- we'll have plenty of options if we lose either guy. . .

I Eat Staples
12-14-2014, 04:13 PM
Our team is insanely talented, I look forward to hopefully getting coaches who can get the most out of them. I liked Del Rio at first but I'm over him. Gase has always been extremely underwhelming to me, and I want a real OC to coach Brock when he takes over.

silkamilkamonico
12-14-2014, 04:47 PM
Gase has always been extremely underwhelming to me, and I want a real OC to coach Brock when he takes over.

Agreed. Not a fan of Gase at all. I hope he's gone from Denver, however that is.

underrated29
12-14-2014, 06:01 PM
I made a thread similar to this weeks ago.

Simple Jaded
12-14-2014, 07:58 PM
Dennis Allen and Clyde Christianson.

Rex Ryan is a pipe dream but dream that ******* dream, Big Shifters.

Simple Jaded
12-14-2014, 08:03 PM
Btw, if the Broncos somehow lose their ST's coordinator that'd be ok too.

Pudge
12-14-2014, 08:22 PM
Every couple years everyone is calling for new coordinators. I remember everyone wanting Mike McCoy gone, and he's done quite well with the chargers. What's wrong with stability? Any time something doesn't go perfect we demand change? That's worked quite well in Cleveland.

God were spoiled

DenBronx
12-14-2014, 08:22 PM
Id be ok with Dennis Allen coming back if Del Rio gets a job somewhere.

TXBRONC
12-14-2014, 08:26 PM
I don't know if Denver will lose both unless Denver wins the Super Bowl.

Pudge
12-14-2014, 08:28 PM
I don't know if Denver will lose both unless Denver wins the Super Bowl.

Usually teams won't wait until the super bowl to find a coach

underrated29
12-14-2014, 09:23 PM
Every couple years everyone is calling for new coordinators. I remember everyone wanting Mike McCoy gone, and he's done quite well with the chargers. What's wrong with stability? Any time something doesn't go perfect we demand change? That's worked quite well in Cleveland.

God were spoiled

My good friend, McCoy was the single worst play caller we have ever had in the history of the Denver Broncos. Bar MFing none! He does make a good HC, his strengths are knowing his players and their strengths. He sucks ultimate ass, more ass then Hugh Hefner, at calling plays though. Like I said, worst in our history.

That said, gase has been very predictable this year. I'm not a fan. Regardless, he will be leaving for a HC position. San Fran has already rumored about him. He will 100% league us, as per my thread a few weeks back, we need to look at a replacement who IMO can do a better job. Not that he is a bad OC, he is just young and doesn't quite know all the tips and tricks how to get the most out of our guys each and every year. He did last year, this year though, he is struggling to adjust.

As for del rio, I like him a lot. I wish he would blitz more but I am more then fine with him here.....more then fine! I do not want Dennis Allen back. His defense was ok, I liked his blitzes but IMO he's not as good as del rio. Consistency on defense is IMO more important then on offense.

GEM
12-15-2014, 02:17 AM
I made a thread similar to this weeks ago.

Right on, Capt. Obvious. I Dont think you or Klis is or has written something most all of us already expected. :laugh: :D

7DnBrnc53
12-15-2014, 02:35 AM
My good friend, McCoy was the single worst play caller we have ever had in the history of the Denver Broncos. Bar MFing none! He does make a good HC, his strengths are knowing his players and their strengths. He sucks ultimate ass, more ass then Hugh Hefner, at calling plays though. Like I said, worst in our history.

That said, gase has been very predictable this year. I'm not a fan. Regardless, he will be leaving for a HC position. San Fran has already rumored about him. He will 100% league us, as per my thread a few weeks back, we need to look at a replacement who IMO can do a better job. Not that he is a bad OC, he is just young and doesn't quite know all the tips and tricks how to get the most out of our guys each and every year. He did last year, this year though, he is struggling to adjust.

As for del rio, I like him a lot. I wish he would blitz more but I am more then fine with him here.....more then fine! I do not want Dennis Allen back. His defense was ok, I liked his blitzes but IMO he's not as good as del rio. Consistency on defense is IMO more important then on offense.

Last week, against NE, McCoy showed me what a punk he is when he didn't go for it on fourth and four at midfield down nine with about seven minutes left in the game. No excuse for that.

Also, I think that Adam Gase yelled at him three years ago because he thought he was too conservative with Tebow, and that they were running too much.

As for Del Rio, you have a point, but against NE, he better be more creative if it comes down to it. No just relying on talent to win.

broncofaninfla
12-15-2014, 09:40 AM
I'd be totally cool with Denver bringing Allen back should Del Rio bail.

CoachChaz
12-15-2014, 09:45 AM
Can we fire Fox and hire Bowles?

LTC Pain
12-15-2014, 11:11 AM
Let's see a few who might have vacancies....Jets, 9ers, Giants.

I read somewhere this morning that Coughlin will likely return to coach the Giants one more year.

Nomad
12-15-2014, 12:48 PM
I read somewhere this morning that Coughlin will likely return to coach the Giants one more year.

Surprising!

underrated29
12-15-2014, 01:04 PM
Right on, Capt. Obvious. I Dont think you or Klis is or has written something most all of us already expected. :laugh: :D

Well if it is so obvious why dont you take a gander at that thread and the first 15 or so responses. I think youll find a lot of unexpected. :laugh:

GEM
12-15-2014, 01:26 PM
Well if it is so obvious why dont you take a gander at that thread and the first 15 or so responses. I think youll find a lot of unexpected. :laugh:

I was giving you shit for patting yourself on the back again, buddy! :D

GEM
12-15-2014, 01:27 PM

Wow,just wow.

Pudge
12-15-2014, 01:48 PM

The last two times he was on the hot seat he won championships

underrated29
12-15-2014, 02:18 PM
I was giving you shit for patting yourself on the back again, buddy! :D

Patting myself on the back for making a thread? I dont understand you guys sometimes. But no worries. I didnt think you had seen the thread. The responses in there, people sure seemed surprised by it.

wayninja
12-15-2014, 02:27 PM
Every couple years everyone is calling for new coordinators. I remember everyone wanting Mike McCoy gone, and he's done quite well with the chargers.

Has McCoy really done much there? Seems like the same chargers team I remember for the last 8 or so years, perennial middle of the pack team. Honestly, I don't see the difference from Norv.

Pudge
12-15-2014, 02:58 PM
Has McCoy really done much there? Seems like the same chargers team I remember for the last 8 or so years, perennial middle of the pack team. Honestly, I don't see the difference from Norv.

Took them to the playoffs for the first time in three years and won a playoff game. I feel like this is a better chargers team than the product Turner had on the field for the last three years of his tenure

GEM
12-16-2014, 10:54 AM
I don't think the Chargers have looked like the dominant force they were in the early 2000's since Tomlinson left. They're decent, but they aren't record setting dominant or scary opponents like they were then. They feel more like a thorn in the side, just an annoyance moreso.