PDA

View Full Version : Malik Jackson fined $8,268 for head butt vs. Buffalo Bills

Denver Native (Carol)
12-12-2014, 04:15 PM
Malik Jackson played his best game of the season last Sunday. He wanted a game ball, he told defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio. Instead, he received an $8,268 fine for unnecessary roughness from the league on Friday.

Jackson was not penalized on the play in which he delivered a head butt to a Bills player at the end of a play. Players can be docked without an infraction called. Jackson finished with six tackles, two for a loss, and a sack in the Broncos’ win.

Bills defensive back Stephon Gilmore was not fined for his crushing hit on Broncos receiver Emmanuel Sanders. This marks the second time a defender has knocked Sanders down in dramatic fashion without a fine. Sanders received a concussion in the St. Louis game.

rest - comments from Sanders
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/12/12/malik-jackson-fined-8268-head-butt-vs-buffalo-bills/31491/

TXBRONC
12-12-2014, 04:37 PM
I figured he would end getting fined.

GEM
12-12-2014, 07:14 PM
He needs to settle his ass down. Fines and 15 yarders are adding up on him. Nasty is good, but don't cost the team and yourself with it.

BroncoWave
12-12-2014, 07:16 PM
He is good for pretty much one boneheaded penalty a game. What a dope. He's lucky a ref didn't see that, it could have been ejectable.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-12-2014, 07:22 PM
He is good for pretty much one boneheaded penalty a game. What a dope. He's lucky a ref didn't see that, it could have been ejectable.

Could've been worse. He could've actually headbutted the guy in the head. At least he was smart enough to headbutt him in the chest.

OrangeHoof
12-12-2014, 07:40 PM
A head butt is one thing and a butthead is another. I suppose if you're the leader of a group of buttheads, that makes you the "head butthead".

nevcraw
12-12-2014, 08:48 PM
stupid fine by the league office. pussification of the league is 3/4's of the way done. and clearly many of you are on board. can't wait for the 15 yarder for punching someone on the cramps.

Nomad
12-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Could've been worse. He could've actually headbutted the guy in the head. At least he was smart enough to headbutt him in the chest.

When I saw it live in the game, I thought he had headbutted the TE helmet to head or face. It's not as bad as I first thought, but he needs to control himself now because the refs will be watching.

Dapper Dan
12-13-2014, 12:28 AM
Don't care really. He's called Malik the Freak for a reason. He will **** you up and pay the fine.

spikerman
12-13-2014, 11:48 AM
stupid fine by the league office. pussification of the league is 3/4's of the way done. and clearly many of you are on board. can't wait for the 15 yarder for punching someone on the cramps.

I hope this is a joke.

BroncoNut
12-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Or he could have pulled out a gun and shot him

BroncoNut
12-13-2014, 11:57 AM
What is punching someone on the cramps?

BroncoWave
12-13-2014, 12:52 PM

So I'm supposed to give him credit for not headbutting a guy in the chest? Reminds me of the Chris Rock bit where he talks about people bragging about taking care of their kids and he says "That's what you're SUPPOSED to do!"

BroncoWave
12-13-2014, 12:53 PM

LOL. Meathead fan post of the year award goes to...

HORSEPOWER 56
12-13-2014, 06:15 PM

So I'm supposed to give him credit for not headbutting a guy in the chest? Reminds me of the Chris Rock bit where he talks about people bragging about taking care of their kids and he says "That's what you're SUPPOSED to do!"

No, I said that because the guy he head butted didn't have his helmet on. The helmet came off during the play and the guy got in Malik's face after the whistle. Had he head butted him in his helmetless head, he probably would've been ejected.

BroncoWave
12-13-2014, 08:03 PM
No, I said that because the guy he head butted didn't have his helmet on. The helmet came off during the play and the guy got in Malik's face after the whistle. Had he head butted him in his helmetless head, he probably would've been ejected.

He shouldn't be headbutting anyone at all. Period. I'm not going to congratulate him for not being just a total dumbass and hitting his head.