PDA

View Full Version : The Return of Julius Thomas...

EastCoastBronco
12-12-2014, 10:52 AM
I was thinking about "what looks like" the return of Orange Julius this Sunday and a couple of questions came to mind...
With Thomas in and Green playing a more limited role are we going to revert back to the offence we had before Julius got hurt?
I realize that the O-Line has been adjusted drastically toward running the ball and this has made a huge difference but I don't think it's a coincidence that we run the ball better when Virgil Green is in the game.
To make a long story shorter...I was just wondering if you guys are as anxious as I am to see what kind of a difference having JT back in the lineup will make in the running game.
I am really liking the tougher, "new look", Broncos and I think we are going to need that toughness to achieve our ultimate goal.

Sound off...

Valar Morghulis
12-12-2014, 10:58 AM
I think we will throw the ball a lot this week, for no other reason, but to prove we can.

weazel
12-12-2014, 10:58 AM
I was thinking about "what looks like" the return of Orange Julius this Sunday and a couple of questions came to mind...
With Thomas in and Green playing a more limited role are we going to revert back to the offence we had before Julius got hurt?
I realize that the O-Line has been adjusted drastically toward running the ball and this has made a huge difference but I don't think it's a coincidence that we run the ball better when Virgil Green is in the game.
To make a long story shorter...I was just wondering if you guys are as anxious as I am to see what kind of a difference having JT back in the lineup will make in the running game.
I am really liking the tougher, "new look", Broncos and I think we are going to need that toughness to achieve our ultimate goal.

Sound off...

there's at least 3 threads with this same topic. Broncos come out with a balanced attack this week either way

Northman
12-12-2014, 11:41 AM
I think Denver will go with whatever is working. I dont think they will just throw because they can as they are still fighting for the AFC West title so you have to be smart, not going out to prove a point. If the running game stalls (which i expect SD to try and stop) than im sure Manning and company will focus on the passing. But if we have early success with the run than i expect to continue to see a balanced attack which might limit a healthy JT being on the field. Basically, go with what works the best in the game.

EastCoastBronco
12-12-2014, 12:04 PM
there's at least 3 threads with this same topic. Broncos come out with a balanced attack this week either way

Yeah, but no one has expressed the situation as nicely as I have...

weazel
12-12-2014, 12:33 PM
Yeah, but no one has expressed the situation as nicely as I have...

that made me laugh

VonDoom
12-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Julius will not hinder the running game. If anything, it will help with that "balance" we've been looking for - we've become more of a running team in the last few weeks, but our passing has suffered in part because we haven't been able to convert in the red zone as well (see the KC game specifically). Julius will be a big help there and will keep defenses more honest. Hopefully, everyone wins that way.

To be honest, I expect this to be the game that Manning throws for 320 and 3 TD's, but I don't think that means we're entirely dependent on the pass in that scenario.

TXBRONC
12-12-2014, 01:42 PM
I don't think J. Thomas is quite as bad at run blocking as some people think. That said, I agree with North Denver's offense is go with what's working. Didn't someone quote Elway as telling Gase not run the ball to prove a point but run because it helps you to win the game? The same should also true of the passing game as well.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Julius Thomas talked optimistically about the health of his left ankle on Friday. He expects to play on Sunday, looking for his first involvement since the loss at St. Louis nearly a month ago. Moments after Thomas spoke, Jacob Tamme ducked into the trainer's room.

Such is life for the Broncos' tight ends. One is back. And another might be out or limited.

Thomas, who has nine red-zone touchdowns, finished his strongest week of practice since running back C.J. Anderson rolled up on his ankle in the loss to the Rams.

"I am feeling much better," Thomas said.

Coach John Fox left the workout encouraged with the tight end. Thomas worked in blocking and passing drills this week, increasing his activity.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27125421/broncos-te-julius-thomas-improves-listed-probable-sunday

underrated29
12-12-2014, 05:04 PM
I think we will run a lot of two TE 2 wr 1 rb. Obvious power run will bring in extra OL and JT or wes out. Obvious pass will bring in wes and Virg out.

I do not expect us to run very well on the bolts and I do expect us to have a much easier time passing on them. It will coincide with JT being back and I hope/feel he will get a couple tds in RZ.

VonDoom
12-12-2014, 05:44 PM
I think we will run a lot of two TE 2 wr 1 rb. Obvious power run will bring in extra OL and JT or wes out. Obvious pass will bring in wes and Virg out.

I do not expect us to run very well on the bolts and I do expect us to have a much easier time passing on them. It will coincide with JT being back and I hope/feel he will get a couple tds in RZ.

If we can run on the Bills, I don't see why we couldn't run on the Chargers. But CAN and WILL are two different things. I think this week is the passing game's turn, but we should be able to run when we need to, even if the stats aren't gaudy. This will hopefully be the first time that balance actually means "being able to run or pass at will" rather than "prove we can run the ball"

DenBronx
12-12-2014, 05:51 PM
The Return of the Jedi JT.

Dapper Dan
12-13-2014, 12:31 AM
Dave is probably right.

Hawgdriver
12-13-2014, 05:46 AM
Who's JT?

Valar Morghulis
12-13-2014, 08:36 AM
Justin Timberlake obviously

Simple Jaded
12-14-2014, 12:27 AM
I think we will throw the ball a lot this week, for no other reason, but to prove we can.

That and the fact that JT couldn't block my mom before he got sand in his Va-Jay-jay.

Pudge
12-14-2014, 01:10 AM
That and the fact that JT couldn't block my mom before he got sand in his Va-Jay-jay.

Is your mom single? She sounds like a physical specimen, and I'm kind of hard up at the moment

Simple Jaded
12-14-2014, 01:24 AM
Is your mom single? She sounds like a physical specimen, and I'm kind of hard up at the moment

Nothing's free, money talks and bullshit walks.

Simple Jaded
12-14-2014, 01:28 AM
Dorothy Mantooth is a saint! Ya hear me? Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!