PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Flowers: Peyton is like a machine

VonDoom
12-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Guest column up at MMQB today from Chargers CB Brandon Flowers:

We thought we had a good one. After studying film, we had this one blitz our coaches drew up that we thought we could drop in. We’d essentially send our whole left side of the defense at him. He wouldn’t see it coming. Well, somehow he did. Nobody jumped or gave any indication we were blitzing. Then right before the play, Peyton checked and threw a quick pass to the left side. Big gain, first down. We weren’t even showing the blitz! I have no idea how he knew.

The rest: http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/11/peyton-manning-brandon-flowers-denver-broncos-san-diego-chargers-week-15-nfl/

underrated29
12-11-2014, 01:52 PM
I miss this chipping away offense. I would love to see 5-10 yard passes up the seems or in the middle of the field. Not the rubs, not the outs, quick inside slants and whatnot. Get our guys running upfield more. Still, he cannot be stopped. Peyton manning will win. He is a machine. He always pays his debts!

MOtorboat
12-11-2014, 02:06 PM
I miss this chipping away offense. I would love to see 5-10 yard passes up the seems or in the middle of the field. Not the rubs, not the outs, quick inside slants and whatnot. Get our guys running upfield more. Still, he cannot be stopped. Peyton manning will win. He is a machine. He always pays his debts!

He's a Lannister?

Northman
12-11-2014, 02:09 PM
I want to decimate them like we did Jax in 98'. I want CJ and Juwan to rush for over a hundred each.

underrated29
12-11-2014, 02:42 PM
He's a Lannister?

Tryion old boy.
"To stay sharp a mind needs a book like a sword needs a sheeth."

weazel
12-11-2014, 04:13 PM

except in the superbowl, or in the cold, or in St Louis, or in New England... otherwise though

I'm joking, just had to

Denver Native (Carol)
12-11-2014, 04:43 PM
Guest column up at MMQB today from Chargers CB Brandon Flowers:

The rest: http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/11/peyton-manning-brandon-flowers-denver-broncos-san-diego-chargers-week-15-nfl/

from same article:

The point is, no matter how much you plan, now matter how prepared you are, Peyton is in a class of his own. Guys like Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are good because whatever the coach calls, they’ll execute. They might check once or twice, but for the most part they’ll run the play the offensive coordinator calls up, and they’ll make it work. With Peyton, you’re literally playing a coach on the field. It’s almost not fair. You have a coach on the field making calls, changing calls, and then making the throw himself. He’ll tell every single member of the offense what to do. He comes up to the line and tells his offensive line whom to pick up. Everything you do, he knows it, or he can adjust to it. He operates like a machine.