PDA

View Full Version : Injuries? Early bye week? Broncos' Peyton Manning hearing none of it

Denver Native (Carol)
12-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Peyton Manning has no use for your questions about rest or bye weeks or injuries. None.

"Yeah, I don't even have anything on that stuff," he said, cutting off a reporter mid-sentence. "Those are popular questions right about now, but we got a tough division game. ... That's where the focus is."

The Broncos, days ahead of their crucial game against the Chargers in San Diego, practiced without pads or helmets Wednesday, which is typically their hardest practice day of the week. Coach John Fox, who chalked it up to that time of the year, would've spent less time rattling off the list of players who did participate rather than those who didn't.

"I considered that," he said, laughing.

The full list of the wounded nonparticipants:

Montee Ball (groin), Paul Cornick (toe), Cody Latimer (concussion), Jacob Tamme (ribs), C.J. Anderson (ankle), Wes Welker (ankle), Quinton Carter (knee), Demaryius Thomas (ankle).

rest - plus Peyton video
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27109645/injuries-early-bye-week-broncos-peyton-manning-hearing

Runamok
12-10-2014, 05:40 PM
rest - plus Peyton video
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27109645/injuries-early-bye-week-broncos-peyton-manning-hearing

Carol, have you come across any news about the Broncos working out another QB this week?

I saw something, but forget where, and didn't copy the link, figuring everyone would have seen it.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Carol, have you come across any news about the Broncos working out another QB this week?

I saw something, but forget where, and didn't copy the link, figuring everyone would have seen it.

Broncos working out former Dolphins QB Seth Lobato
http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/12/9/7361321/broncos-working-out-former-dolphins-qb-seth-lobato

It must be this. However, it has not been mentioned here by local sportscaster

Runamok
12-10-2014, 06:11 PM
Broncos working out former Dolphins QB Seth Lobato
http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/12/9/7361321/broncos-working-out-former-dolphins-qb-seth-lobato

It must be this. However, it has not been mentioned here by local sportscaster

Yeah thanks, that's the one.

What do we make of this?

Denver Native (Carol)
12-10-2014, 06:27 PM

What do we make of this?

A couple of days ago, I read somewhere that the Broncos were trying out "future prospective players", but I can't find it now.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-10-2014, 06:36 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- With his 51-game touchdown streak having ended in the Denver Broncos' win over the Buffalo Bills this past Sunday, and with Peyton Manning having finished each of the last two games with fewer than 180 yards passing, some have wondered if Manning is healthy.

Wednesday, Manning said he’s healthy and the Broncos’ offense is simply trying to win games.

“I’m always trying to play better," Manning said. “We always watch the film of the games pretty critically with my coaches, trying to improve, whether we won the game or lost the game, trying to see how I can do my job better in whatever phase that is. I feel good physically, (but) certainly I’m always looking to play better."

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/10575/peyton-manning-i-feel-good-physically

OB
12-11-2014, 07:51 AM
I heard CJ was moved from probable to questionable :(

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-11-2014, 10:17 AM

Juwan can carry the load.

MOtorboat
12-11-2014, 01:28 PM

What do we make of this?

Nothing.

OB
12-11-2014, 04:03 PM
I know but CJ is on my FF team but it looks like he practiced today

Runamok
12-11-2014, 05:19 PM
Nothing.

Nothing...oh, ok. But that's not much of an answer.

It doesn't strike me as routine, working out a QB 3/4 way through the season when you already have three on the roster and you're busy trying to win the Division and snatch the #1 seed, all the while the airways are inundated with "what's wrong with Peyton" stories.

Makes me think there just might be something of concern to the staff that we (not including you, perhaps) do not know.

VonDoom
12-11-2014, 05:26 PM

I think he was limited. But there is no probable or questionable until after Friday's practice. I think he'll play, personally

MOtorboat
12-11-2014, 05:58 PM

It doesn't strike me as routine, working out a QB 3/4 way through the season when you already have three on the roster and you're busy trying to win the Division and snatch the #1 seed, all the while the airways are inundated with "what's wrong with Peyton" stories.

Makes me think there just might be something of concern to the staff that we (not including you, perhaps) do not know.

They granted a workout to a local boy and you want to read into it that he's going to replace Peyton Manning?

LOL

Runamok
12-11-2014, 06:30 PM
They granted a workout to a local boy and you want to read into it that he's going to replace Peyton Manning?

LOL

LOL. Nice try, there. I didn't even insinuate that, let alone express it.

See, when someone doesn't have all the answers, they wonder, they think, they question or they try to gather the opinions of others.

You probably don't have much experience with that, Mo.

MOtorboat
12-11-2014, 07:00 PM

See, when someone doesn't have all the answers, they wonder, they think, they question or they try to gather the opinions of others.

That's exactly what your were trying to insinuate. It's basically a troll post.

Bringing in a local kid for a tryout means nothing more than brining in a local kid for a tryout. A coach probably owes his college coach a favor. It means nothing more than that and has nothing to do with the trumped up Manning stories this week.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Nothing.

It's absolutely routine. This is the time of year the team works out/signs a bunch of players to "futures contracts" to flesh out the roster for OTAs and TC. You don't think they just grab 40 something extra guys from the Denver mall do you?

Rarely is it more than an afterthought, but it happens every year starting in December and running through the draft. Most teams also release guys off their practice squads after the season so they grab some of them, too. It's much ado about nothing. How do you think they get a 90+ player roster in the offseason?

Runamok
12-11-2014, 11:27 PM
That's exactly what your were trying to insinuate. It's basically a troll post.

Bringing in a local kid for a tryout means nothing more than brining in a local kid for a tryout. A coach probably owes his college coach a favor. It means nothing more than that and has nothing to do with the trumped up Manning stories this week.

That's just an opinion.....right?

You don't have any direct pipeline or inside info, do you? You sure sound like you do.

Did you bother to read the article in question, Mo? There was no mention of bringing anyone other than the QB in, and it didn't mention doing anyone a special favor.

In fact, the tone of the article was definitely to leave the reader with the impression that this move was unusual, maybe even another hint that there was trouble with Manning.

Maybe the guy who wrote the article was trolling, Mo.

Read the article. You might come away with a different opinion on why I raised the question.

MOtorboat
12-11-2014, 11:33 PM
That's just an opinion.....right?

You don't have any direct pipeline or inside info, do you? You sure sound like you do.

Did you bother to read the article in question, Mo? There was no mention of bringing anyone other than the QB in, and it didn't mention doing anyone a special favor.

In fact, the tone of the article was definitely to leave the reader with the impression that this move was unusual, maybe even another hint that there was trouble with Manning.

Maybe the guy who wrote the article was trolling, Mo.

Read the article. You might come away with a different opinion on why I raised the question.

Because the Post wrote an entire article about the tryouts: http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/12/11/broncos-hold-tryouts-13-players/31452/

Carol posted that too. Try to keep up.

And yes, the favor was pure speculation. Imagine that on a message board.

Runamok
12-11-2014, 11:39 PM
It's absolutely routine. This is the time of year the team works out/signs a bunch of players to "futures contracts" to flesh out the roster for OTAs and TC. You don't think they just grab 40 something extra guys from the Denver mall do you?

Rarely is it more than an afterthought, but it happens every year starting in December and running through the draft. Most teams also release guys off their practice squads after the season so they grab some of them, too. It's much ado about nothing. How do you think they get a 90+ player roster in the offseason?

That may be,but the article I was referring to didn't mention any of that, or the fact that a bunch of players were brought in. Just a QB.

Struck me as odd, is all, at this point in time.

smith49
12-11-2014, 11:41 PM

Hey RUNAMOK!! READ THE ABOVE QUOTE! IT SHOULD ANSWER YOUR QUESTION SO YOU CAN MOVE ON.....................

FYI, they gave 13 players tryouts. One player was a RB. Does CJ need to watch his back you think?

Runamok
12-11-2014, 11:51 PM
Because the Post wrote an entire article about the tryouts: http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/12/11/broncos-hold-tryouts-13-players/31452/

Carol posted that too. Try to keep up.

And yes, the favor was pure speculation. Imagine that on a message board.

Of course, that was well after I commented on the original article.

TXBRONC
12-13-2014, 09:34 AM

I doubt it means anything other than looking over a potential prospect. After the draft Denver signed UDFA quarterback and it meant absolutely nothing. And as the others have said this routine so if you're trying troll you should go elsewhere.

Runamok
12-13-2014, 09:56 AM
I doubt it means anything other than looking over a potential prospect. After the draft Denver signed UDFA quarterback and it meant absolutely nothing. And as the others have said this routine so if you're trying troll you should go elsewhere.

Unbelievable to me that anyone would draw THAT conclusion from my comment, given the scope of media attention to Manning's recent outings.

I don't know (three words that I bet Mo has never uttered) if there is anything to it or not, hence the query.