PDA

View Full Version : Official fist bump gets noticed, Bills player not happy about it.

Northman
12-08-2014, 11:49 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/12/08/bills-player-questions-refs-fist-bump-after-broncos-score-touchdown/?intcmp=latestnews

DENVER – After C.J. Anderson bulled in for his second touchdown of the day, the Broncos celebrated.

So did the refs.

Moments after Anderson's 1-yard touchdown in the second quarter of Denver's 24-17 win over Buffalo on Sunday, line judge John Hussey and umpire Carl Paganelli fist bumped after making what turned out to be the correct call.

Bills safety Aaron Williams wasn't amused. After the game, he linked the video of the officials' reaction to a tweet that said: "No excuse for my performance, but can't win playing 16 vs 11 thought I'd seen it all. ..."

(For the record, there are nine officials for NFL games, which would have made it 20 vs. 11.)

The NFL had no problem with the gesture.

NightTrainLayne
12-08-2014, 11:53 AM
I saw that. I have to think that fist bump was in reference to something else going on.

TXBRONC
12-08-2014, 11:57 AM
To bad for Williams.

MOtorboat
12-08-2014, 12:01 PM
I saw that. I have to think that fist bump was in reference to something else going on.

I'd imagine it was for a good spot, or a good call. I've heard refs congratulate each other for those things a lot.

VonDoom
12-08-2014, 12:15 PM
I'd imagine it was for a good spot, or a good call. I've heard refs congratulate each other for those things a lot.

That's what I figured. I'd probably be pissed if the situation were reversed, though. It sure made it look like the refs were Bronco fans!

OB
12-08-2014, 12:27 PM
https://vine.co/v/Or5QEibHmm6/embed

BroncoWave
12-08-2014, 12:31 PM
Lol talk about some sour grapes.

OB
12-08-2014, 12:34 PM
Maybe they have CJ on their fantasy teams LOL

PatriotsGuy
12-08-2014, 01:26 PM
I can only imagine what the reaction would be if it were the Patriots

Buff
12-08-2014, 01:40 PM
I can only imagine what the reaction would be if it were the Patriots

Goodell would probably order the tapes be destroyed if it were the Patriots. :D

PatriotsGuy
12-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Goodell would probably order the tapes be destroyed if it were the Patriots. :D

Every member of this board would be demanding a Congressional investigation more like :D

Dapper Dan
12-08-2014, 01:48 PM
Every member of this board would be demanding a Congressional investigation more like :D

Congressional? No. Probably a private group. You're talking about conservatives.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-08-2014, 03:00 PM
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills safety Aaron Williams told The Associated Press that he isn't backing away from his criticism of NFL officials and doesn't care if he's disciplined.

"I don't care if I do get fined," Williams told The Associated Press on Monday. "I speak the way I feel, and that's the way I feel."

Williams took issue with a fist bump between two officials after Denver running back C.J. Anderson scored his second of three touchdowns in the Broncos' 24-17 win on Sunday.

After the game, Williams expressed his displeasure on Twitter by accusing the officials of teaming up with the Broncos.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11999152/aaron-wilson-buffalo-bills-stands-ripping-referees-fist-bump

Dapper Dan
12-08-2014, 03:02 PM
Okay, Aaron Williams. Maybe the refs felt like fist bumping, because that's the way they feel. They don't care if they get fined. They felt like fist bumping.

Northman
12-08-2014, 03:03 PM
I bet Crapplanet is eating this story up right now. lmao

OrangeHoof
12-08-2014, 03:04 PM
I was going to defend it but the circumstance does look really peculiar. They can't be fist-bumping the spot. The ball's in the end zone. They can't be fist-bumping a good replay result. There has been no replay of the play at that point. The only innocent reasons for it could be a) one ref was congratulating the ref on a good spot/call for a previous play and they were only now getting close enough to congratulate each other, b) the goal line ref was thanking the other ref for clearing out some bodies so he could better judge whether the ball crossed the goal line or c) something entirely unrelated to the play.

I suppose if I were a member of the Bills, I would have a problem with that just as when players occasionally prompt a ref for a high-five after a play and the ref does it. It looks bad. Looks really bad.

BroncoJoe
12-08-2014, 03:04 PM
My neighbor - a Bills fan - was complaining heavily about the ref's this morning. I told him to vacate Colorado immediately.

BroncoJoe
12-08-2014, 03:05 PM
I was going defend it but the circumstance does look really peculiar. They can't be fist-bumping the spot. The ball's in the end zone. They can't be fist-bumping a good replay result. There has been no replay of the play at that point. The only innocent reasons for it could be a) one ref was congratulating the ref on a good spot/call for a previous play and they were only now getting close enough to congratulate each other, b) the goal line ref was thanking the other ref for clearing out some bodies so he could better judge whether the ball crossed the goal line or c) something entirely unrelated to the play.

I suppose if I were a member of the Bills, I would have a problem with that just as when players occasionally prompt a ref for a high-five after a play and the ref does it. It looks bad. Looks really bad.

No, it really doesn't. Maybe the Bills should pay more attention to the actual play, as opposed to the referees.

Dapper Dan
12-08-2014, 03:07 PM
I was going to defend it but the circumstance does look really peculiar. They can't be fist-bumping the spot. The ball's in the end zone. They can't be fist-bumping a good replay result. There has been no replay of the play at that point. The only innocent reasons for it could be a) one ref was congratulating the ref on a good spot/call for a previous play and they were only now getting close enough to congratulate each other, b) the goal line ref was thanking the other ref for clearing out some bodies so he could better judge whether the ball crossed the goal line or c) something entirely unrelated to the play.

I figured you would agree with your fellow Longhorn.

Northman
12-08-2014, 03:10 PM
I dont think it looks bad. Its all about context which only the refs know why they did that. The one guy was the only to throw his hands in the air so i think the other ref was just saying "hey, good eye". I dont believe in conspiracy theories otherwise we would of won the SB last year considering the media hype around Manning and the year he had.

Dapper Dan
12-08-2014, 03:12 PM
I dont think it looks bad. Its all about context which only the refs know why they did that. The one guy was the only to throw his hands in the air so i think the other ref was just saying "hey, good eye". I dont believe in conspiracy theories otherwise we would of won the SB last year considering the media hype around Manning and the year he had.

Nike paid the NFL to let the Seahawks win.

It wouldn't surprise me if Oregon wins too.

Northman
12-08-2014, 03:17 PM
I figured you would agree with your fellow Longhorn.

LMAO, omg. Is Williams a Longhorn? Good grief Hoof....

wayninja
12-08-2014, 05:12 PM
If the call on the field was the wrong one, the dude may have a complaint. Otherwise, he has what amounts to a tantrum.

chazoe60
12-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Anyone who thinkz the refs were fist bumping because the Broncos scored is too stupid to be allowed to continue wasting oxygen.

spikerman
12-08-2014, 06:34 PM
It was a tough call and they got it right. One was congratulating the other for a good call. It happens a lot. Nothing to see here.

Nomad
12-08-2014, 07:19 PM
They're betting on the game.

Signed

NBA refs:D