PDA

View Full Version : Juwan Thompson comes on strong spelling C.J. Anderson

Denver Native (Carol)
12-07-2014, 10:44 PM
It happens all the time to NFL running back duos.

The defense gears up to stop the lead back. The No. 2 back comes in and busts one.

C.J. Anderson, suddenly worthy of opponents' attention after rushing for 167 and 168 yards in the Broncos' previous two games, found yards tough to come by Sunday against the Buffalo Bills.

He was running on a tender left ankle he sprained the previous week. But more than that, the Bills' front was stout.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27089550/juwan-thompson-comes-strong-spelling-c-j-anderson

DenBronx
12-08-2014, 01:13 AM
Bills have a top tier front 4 and they weren't giving away anything easy. Plus our passing offense really took a dive todays as well....so makes sense why CJ couldn't put up another monster yardage game. Still had 3 TDs though and JT complimented very well.

I thinks it's a good duo.

Davii
12-08-2014, 01:23 AM
Had the best single run of our season. This is a dammed good defense, great front four, and our run game worked just fine even if not as well as previous weeks. I'm pleased. Once Manning gets back in the groove, and he will, watch out.

silkamilkamonico
12-08-2014, 01:34 AM
Great duo.

With the way we're running the ball, I don't want to see Julius Thomas back in Denver. Not a coincidence IMHO that we started running the ball better when we inserted a more power personnel when Thiomas went down with injury.

Hawgdriver
12-08-2014, 02:23 AM
Great duo.

With the way we're running the ball, I don't want to see Julius Thomas back in Denver. Not a coincidence IMHO that we started running the ball better when we inserted a more power personnel when Thiomas went down with injury.

I love the emergence of the run game with JT and CJ, but I hope that soon Manning gets to stop pretending he needs the rest of the team to win games for him.

Like, was there some super secret Manning Elway deal where Manning was asked to look like a scrub so the rest of the team would wake up and go after it? #jeditricks

D1g1tal j1m
12-08-2014, 02:38 AM
I love the depth of RBs that Elway has put together. They are all young and run hard. Here's hoping this carries us far in the Playoffs when the weather turns nasty and Manning eases his reps to preserve himself for the big gam.

Magnificent Seven
12-08-2014, 02:45 AM
New depth chart for RB

1. CJ Anderson

2. Ronnie Hillman

3. Juwan Thompson

4. Montee Ball

Davii
12-08-2014, 02:48 AM
New depth chart for RB

1. CJ Anderson

2. Ronnie Hillman

3. Juwan Thompson

4. Montee Ball

Id put Ronnie at the bottom.

Magnificent Seven
12-08-2014, 03:08 AM
Id put Ronnie at the bottom.

Montee Ball didn't impress us. Ronnie Hillman looked sharp before he got injured.

NightTrainLayne
12-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Montee Ball didn't impress us. Ronnie Hillman looked sharp before he got injured.

My take? Hillman couldn't beat out Ball, and once Hillman went down, CJ totally out-classed him. I agree with Davii, I'd put Hillman on the bottom of the list, and that says a lot of good things about our stable of running backs.

TXBRONC
12-08-2014, 10:38 AM
Great duo.

I don't know I think conversely one of the reasons Denver is struggling the passing game is struggling is because J. Thomas hasn't been in the line up.

BroncoJoe
12-08-2014, 11:15 AM
New depth chart for RB

1. CJ Anderson

2. Ronnie Hillman

3. Juwan Thompson

4. Montee Ball

I'd flip Ronnie and Juwan. Ronnie showed he can find the holes better then Ball.

Northman
12-08-2014, 11:18 AM
I'd flip Ronnie and Juwan. Ronnie showed he can find the holes better then Ball.

^This

I like Juwan more than Hillman at this point.

TXBRONC
12-08-2014, 11:19 AM

I couldn't agree more.

broncofaninfla
12-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Loving Anderson but hoping Thompson gets more carries a game too. Hopefully Hillman will be back soon as a change up back. Ball hasn't shown much to date, I'd rank him last based on what I've seen in games as far as running is concerned but he is our best pass protector when healthy.

silkamilkamonico
12-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Montee Ball sucks.

At least Hillman can offer some kind of dimension.

silkamilkamonico
12-08-2014, 12:15 PM
I don't know I think conversely one of the reasons Denver is struggling the passing game is struggling is because J. Thomas hasn't been in the line up.

Then what do thwey want their identity to be? They basically conceded that the pass oriented offense wasn't going to win them big games during playoff time. SO where does that leave Julius Thomas. The guy is a horrendous run blocker.

Northman
12-08-2014, 12:29 PM
Yea, i love JT but i love the running game more and its the more important aspect of the team now. If JT wants to see the field he needs to learn how to block better and become multi-dimensional at his position.

silkamilkamonico
12-08-2014, 12:34 PM
I really like Thomas too, but the reality of it is, if Manning can't make the passing attack work with Demaryious Thomas, Emmanual Sanders, Wes Welker, a second round pick, and a plethora of other options, than I think we're asking the wrong questions here, and the focus needs to be on the QB. 90% of NFL teams would LOVE our recieving options, even if it is with minus Julius.

Hawgdriver
12-08-2014, 01:32 PM
JT is a solid wide receiver. The TE experiment is over. Results are in.

Buff
12-08-2014, 01:35 PM
I really like Thomas too, but the reality of it is, if Manning can't make the passing attack work with Demaryious Thomas, Emmanual Sanders, Wes Welker, a second round pick, and a plethora of other options, than I think we're asking the wrong questions here, and the focus needs to be on the QB. 90% of NFL teams would LOVE our recieving options, even if it is with minus Julius.

We have a Top 5 passing game. We didn't just forget how to pass effectively over the last month... The difference is that we are now trying to figure out how to pass effectively in a run-based offense after doing the opposite for the previous 2.5 years.

Dapper Dan
12-08-2014, 01:57 PM
I love me some Juwan Thompson.

underrated29
12-08-2014, 02:48 PM
I would rate them

1. CJ
2. Montee
3. Hillman (i cant believe I typed this)
4. Juwann

Northman
12-08-2014, 02:56 PM
I would rate them

1. CJ
2. Montee
4. Juwann

I need to give you an intervention.....

Dapper Dan
12-08-2014, 02:59 PM
I would rank them:

Anderson
Thompson
Hillman
Ball

Because Anderson is the starter. Thomson is second string. Hillman is hurt. Ball is hurter.

underrated29
12-08-2014, 03:00 PM
I need to give you an intervention.....

I know but hillman has an element that Juwann doesnt have. Will there be naked people at this intervention? Or midgets riding toy trains?

BroncoJoe
12-08-2014, 03:00 PM
I would rate them

1. CJ
2. Montee
4. Juwann

Do you have a hangover?

Northman
12-08-2014, 03:01 PM
I know but hillman has an element that Juwann doesnt have. Will there be naked people at this intervention? Or midgets riding toy trains?

All out of midgets.

TXBRONC
12-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Then what do thwey want their identity to be? They basically conceded that the pass oriented offense wasn't going to win them big games during playoff time. SO where does that leave Julius Thomas. The guy is a horrendous run blocker.

I'm not sure their conceding anything. The identity of the offense has been set in stone for three years Manning is still the centerpiece of the offense no matter how much more Denver runs the ball. Shannon Sharpe was never going to be mistaken for John Mackey when Denver won the Super Bowl. Welker has not been big part of the offense and the 2nd round pick you're referring to hasn't had but on pass thrown his way all season.

underrated29
12-08-2014, 05:24 PM
All out of midgets.

Bummer

Hawgdriver
12-08-2014, 06:23 PM

You mean like Honda Element?

Nomad
12-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Im liking this run game.

Zweems56
12-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Where you at niner? Tell me that long run by my boy Juwan didn't look like TD. CHOOO CHOOOOO

Magnificent Seven
12-08-2014, 11:37 PM

True.

BroncoJoe
12-09-2014, 08:32 AM
Where you at niner? Tell me that long run by my boy Juwan didn't look like TD. CHOOO CHOOOOO

TD would have scored. :)

Zweems56
12-09-2014, 10:24 AM
TD would have scored. :)

Bah! TD wouldn't have scored with that shitty ass downfield blocking. You see DT standing around like it was saturday? And Welker chasing his man like he had any chance of getting there?