PDA

View Full Version : David Bruton Jr. has veto power because he's 'trustworthy'

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2014, 09:47 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- It's been a bit of a bumpy ride for the Denver Broncos' special teams units so far this season.

Kicker Matt Prater was suspended for four games to start the regular season. The Colts recovered an on-side kick in the season opener. The Patriots' Julian Edelman returned a punt 84 yards for a touchdown. They've been decidedly so-so in the return game for much of the season. Brandon McManus missed four kicks as Prater's replacement.

So, Sunday night's performance was a much-needed one in the kicking game for the Broncos.

AND

But Bruton Jr. has the freedom to audible to a fake punt if he gets the right alignment from the opposing return team. And he got just that from the Chiefs, who had just one player wide to the left.

full article - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/10367/bruton-jr-has-veto-power-because-hes-trustworthy

GEM
12-02-2014, 10:02 PM
I have always liked Burton. Reminds me of Keith Burns, a master of special teams.

Simple Jaded
12-02-2014, 11:52 PM
Maybe that's why they're overpaying Bruton.

dogfish
12-02-2014, 11:57 PM
Maybe that's why they're overpaying Bruton.

do you think he could outrun flacco?

Simple Jaded
12-03-2014, 12:03 AM
do you think he could outrun flacco?

Trick question, he'd never sniff an Int.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-03-2014, 06:18 PM
You wait all season for a moment like the one that faced David Bruton Jr. early in the second quarter of Sunday night's 29-16 win at Kansas City.

You need the right combination of elements: a favorable formation from the opposing punt rush/return team, proper field position with a reasonable amount needed for the line to gain, momentum that was only doused a bit by the third-down stop moments earlier, and, finally, by a penalty on the previous punt play that forced a do-over of the fourth down, which exhausted the Chiefs a bit.

"It's just been a thing a lot of teams practice, and that we have practiced for a while, and no better time than on Sunday Night Football against a division rival and you get the right look for that situation," said Bruton.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Upon-Further-Review-Broncos-Chiefs/6ea38ac5-0939-44eb-884a-ba352f64310d

shank
12-04-2014, 10:08 AM
Great call by Bruton. He's very underrated and one of the best role players in the league IMO. Hopefully he can wrangle in some timely punt blocks, especially in the playoffs.

I Eat Staples
12-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Every team needs one Bruton.

Simple Jaded
12-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Maybe the Broncos should give Bruton an opportunity to earn his keep on defense, dude played well in place of Carter today, imo.

DenBronx
12-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Bruton is our Keith Burns...he gives 100% on STs. Just wish the rest of the team would -_-

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-07-2014, 10:02 PM
Maybe the Broncos should give Bruton an opportunity to earn his keep on defense, dude played well in place of Carter today, imo.

I thought he earned more pt today.