PDA

View Full Version : Up Next: Buffalo Bills

VonDoom
12-02-2014, 10:36 AM
I haven't watched a lot of Bills games this year, so I thought it would be interesting to give a "tale of the tape" about our opponent this week. Here are some basic stats for us and them after week 13:

Total offense: Broncos - 5th; Bills - 24th
Passing offense: Broncos - 2nd; Bills - 21st
Rushing offense: Broncos - 18th (and rising!); Bills - 24th
Points per game: Broncos - 5th; Bills - 16th

Total defense: Broncos - 3rd; Bills - 5th (note: in opponent yards per PLAY, we are 1st, and the Bills are 2nd)
Passing defense: Broncos - 10th; Bills - 5th (note: we have played EVERY SINGLE team in the top 5 passing defenses this year)
Rushing defense: Broncos - 2nd; Bills - 7th
Points allowed: Broncos - 17th; Bills - 2nd

Obviously the Bills are built around their defense, with a powerful front four that will test our o-line (they lead the league with 48 sacks, six more than anyone else; we're tied for 5th at 34, FYI). They're very good against both the run and the pass, so there's no obvious weakness as KC had.

The Bills are 7-5 (4-3 at home; 3-2 on the road). Their biggest win of the year was certainly the 17-14 win at Detroit, though that was the game where Detroit's kicker missed three FG's, prompting a change. They've also won at Chicago and the Jets, and home to Miami, Minnesota, the Jets again and the Browns last week. They have lost at home to San Diego, New England and KC, and at Houston and Miami.

For us, it's yet another team coming into Denver with a winning record; we are 6-0 at home this year, and every team we've beaten currently has a winning record. We have to avoid the pass rush, and that once again might mean leaning on the running game. I feel pretty good about this game, but we can't take anyone for granted at this point. How's everyone else feeling about the Bills?

NightTrainLayne
12-02-2014, 10:40 AM
To me, this is the game where we have the chance to really "prove" our new-found running game. If we can run it against Buffalo, I will start to believe that we have actually developed a running game. I'm still unsure how much we can rely on it as far as a major facet of a playoff team's offense. This game, I believe will answer that question.

tripp
12-02-2014, 10:45 AM
I haven't watched a lot of Bills games this year, so I thought it would be interesting to give a "tale of the tape" about our opponent this week. Here are some basic stats for us and them after week 13:

Total offense: Broncos - 5th; Bills - 24th
Passing offense: Broncos - 2nd; Bills - 21st
Rushing offense: Broncos - 18th (and rising!); Bills - 24th
Points per game: Broncos - 5th; Bills - 16th

Total defense: Broncos - 3rd; Bills - 5th (note: in opponent yards per PLAY, we are 1st, and the Bills are 2nd)
Passing defense: Broncos - 10th; Bills - 5th (note: we have played EVERY SINGLE team in the top 5 passing defenses this year)
Rushing defense: Broncos - 2nd; Bills - 7th
Points allowed: Broncos - 17th; Bills - 2nd

Obviously the Bills are built around their defense, with a powerful front four that will test our o-line (they lead the league with 48 sacks, six more than anyone else; we're tied for 5th at 34, FYI). They're very good against both the run and the pass, so there's no obvious weakness as KC had.

The Bills are 7-5 (4-3 at home; 3-2 on the road). Their biggest win of the year was certainly the 17-14 win at Detroit, though that was the game where Detroit's kicker missed three FG's, prompting a change. They've also won at Chicago and the Jets, and home to Miami, Minnesota, the Jets again and the Browns last week. They have lost at home to San Diego, New England and KC, and at Houston and Miami.

For us, it's yet another team coming into Denver with a winning record; we are 6-0 at home this year, and every team we've beaten currently has a winning record. We have to avoid the pass rush, and that once again might mean leaning on the running game. I feel pretty good about this game, but we can't take anyone for granted at this point. How's everyone else feeling about the Bills?

I watch a lot of Bills games when the Broncos aren't on. They have a great front 7, I compare it a lot to the Dolphins. Speedy receivers with Watkins and Woods should be a threat. But it all comes down to Orton. He is so night and day, but I don't need to tell you guys that. Their Offence revolves around the run game and was effective before C.J. Spiller was injured. Fred Jackson is still a threat though.

Buff
12-02-2014, 10:52 AM
The Bills defense is sneaky underrated. They are legitimately good.

I expect Kyle Orton to make some impressive throws in the first half and keep them in the game until the 3rd quarter, at which point he will take a number of awful sacks and turn the ball over a couple of times.

VonDoom
12-02-2014, 10:58 AM
To me, this is the game where we have the chance to really "prove" our new-found running game. If we can run it against Buffalo, I will start to believe that we have actually developed a running game.

I watch a lot of Bills games when the Broncos aren't on. They have a great front 7, I compare it a lot to the Dolphins.

I have an idea that this game will be a lot like the Miami game in terms of being able to run the ball. Our performance against the Dolphins on the ground was more impressive than against the Chiefs, mostly because Miami's run defense is also very good.

underrated29
12-02-2014, 12:09 PM
I think it will be a lot closer then what the score shows.

Their defense is really really ridiculously good. If we can push them around I will start to have confidence we can hang with teams like NE.

I posted it in another thread but i think we should utilize the rb screen several times this game to neutralize their pass rush. I also think quick slants inside will help soften this defense up. Once we can carve through the short middle we should be able to take them down the seams.

NightTrainLayne
12-02-2014, 01:14 PM
I have an idea that this game will be a lot like the Miami game in terms of being able to run the ball. Our performance against the Dolphins on the ground was more impressive than against the Chiefs, mostly because Miami's run defense is also very good.

Although the Dolphins weren't good at all vs. the run against the Jets last night. I didn't see the whole game, but it caused me to questions just how good Miami is against the run.

VonDoom
12-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Although the Dolphins weren't good at all vs. the run against the Jets last night. I didn't see the whole game, but it caused me to questions just how good Miami is against the run.

Before our game, the Dolphins were top 10 in run defense, I believe (can't find that stat right now). Since we gouged them, and now the Jets have, they've fallen to 21st. So you're right, the Bills will probably be even tougher to run against. Remember, though, the Jets ran almost exclusively against Miami last night - something like 59 runs to 13 passes, five of which were on the final drive.

NightTrainLayne
12-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Before our game, the Dolphins were top 10 in run defense, I believe (can't find that stat right now). Since we gouged them, and now the Jets have, they've fallen to 21st. So you're right, the Bills will probably be even tougher to run against. Remember, though, the Jets ran almost exclusively against Miami last night - something like 59 runs to 13 passes, five of which were on the final drive.

Right. I was guessing that last night, we showed the Jets that Miami could be run against, and the Jets went to work on them. I.E., I'm not sure how valid their previous run defense ranking was.

capt. Jack
12-02-2014, 03:03 PM
The Bills defense is really good!
So hopefully we can score anyway.

BroncoJoe
12-02-2014, 03:57 PM
Fvck the Bills. We're going to smoke them.

VonDoom
12-02-2014, 04:27 PM

I don't know if I'm quite that optimistic, but I like your enthusiasm! :salute:

BroncoJoe
12-02-2014, 04:57 PM
I don't know if I'm quite that optimistic, but I like your enthusiasm! :salute:

My neighbor (from upper/Western NY) is a Bills fan. He's been talking shit for a couple weeks now. I'm either going to eat crow, or enjoy a few free beers from him at the neighborhood bar.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-02-2014, 05:03 PM
Both Miami and KC are better than the Jills. No team QB'd by the fainting goat is gonna beat us. Almost every QB we've faced this season is mobile or at least has good footwork and can avoid the pass rush. Kyle is as immobile as Manning and if he's forced off his spot, he's done. If I were JDR, I'd blitz him into oblivion.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-02-2014, 05:08 PM
My neighbor (from upper/Western NY) is a Bills fan. He's been talking shit for a couple weeks now. I'm either going to eat crow, or enjoy a few free beers from him at the neighborhood bar.

Pick out something expensive...I'm pretty sure he's buyin'.

BroncoWave
12-02-2014, 05:47 PM

Seriously. Kyle Orton is not going to beat Peyton Manning in a football game. Not in a million years.

VonDoom
12-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Don't get me wrong - I think we win this game. I just envision another battle with a very good defense

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-02-2014, 05:52 PM
Don't get me wrong - I think we win this game. I just envision another battle with a very good defense

I do to, but Kyle historically plays poorly against good D's. I expect a win by at least 10 points.

NightTrainLayne
12-02-2014, 06:05 PM
I seem to remember Kyle Orton kicking our ass at Mile High Stadium once before.

Buff
12-02-2014, 06:15 PM
I seem to remember Kyle Orton kicking our ass at Mile High Stadium once before.

Well, I don't know if "kicking our ass" is the right description for that 7-3 barn-burner that involved Tim Tebow. :D

VonDoom
12-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Well, I don't know if "kicking our ass" is the right description for that 7-3 barn-burner that involved Tim Tebow. :D

God, what a nightmare that game was.

NightTrainLayne
12-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Wz

It sure felt like an ass kicking.

DenBronx
12-02-2014, 07:55 PM
If CJ has another huge game then the critics need to keep quiet.

DenBronx
12-02-2014, 07:56 PM

Seriously. Kyle Orton is not going to beat Peyton Manning in a football game. Not in a million years.

That would be a colossal embarrassment if he does.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-02-2014, 08:04 PM
If CJ has another huge game then the critics need to keep quiet.

I don't know that he has many critics these days.

BroncoWave
12-02-2014, 10:40 PM

That is the only Broncos game of the last 10 years or so that I did not see a single second of. Usually I find a replay if I miss a game, but I never even watched a single highlight of it. In my universe, that game never happened.

BroncoWave
12-02-2014, 10:43 PM
I don't know that he has many critics these days.

He's never had any critics on here. I was one of the ones telling people to cool their jets with all the preseason hype, but I never criticized him as a player ,nor did anyone else that I remember.

VonDoom
12-02-2014, 10:48 PM
That is the only Broncos game of the last 10 years or so that I did not see a single second of. Usually I find a replay if I miss a game, but I never even watched a single highlight of it. In my universe, that game never happened.

I saw the last Super Bowl, but in MY universe, that was the game that never happened.

EastCoastBronco
12-03-2014, 09:42 AM
If we get beaten by Kyle Orton and the Bills in our goddam house then we are inconsistent, paper tigers.
Plain and simple.

We will destroy Buffalo.

Nomad
12-03-2014, 10:46 PM
Bills are like the Dolphins, they always give the BRONCOS a tough game.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-03-2014, 11:31 PM
If we get beaten by Kyle Orton and the Bills in our goddam house then we are inconsistent, paper tigers.
Plain and simple.

We will destroy Buffalo.

I'll kick a puppy if we lose that game.

Ravage!!!
12-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Plain and simple.

We will destroy Buffalo.

If we lose to Kyle Orton, who is responsible for putting chaz on murder watch?

Ziggy
12-05-2014, 11:31 PM
Orton is same sorry qb he always was. Take away the dink and dunks and he's absolutely worthless. I hope the Broncos corners play physical with the Bills receivers.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-05-2014, 11:52 PM
Orton is same sorry qb he always was. Take away the dink and dunks and he's absolutely worthless. I hope the Broncos corners play physical with the Bills receivers.

I hope Miller, Ware, and company treat him like they did Alex Smith last week.

Joker56
12-06-2014, 05:45 AM
If our D plays like they did in KC.....
We will kill the Bills...
If CJ,JTII and Oline plays like how they did at KC...
Bills are toast....

:beer: :elefant::elefant: :beer:

Nomad
12-06-2014, 09:43 AM
well, spiker......are the BRONCOS D gonna make Kyle Orton look All Pro:lol:? They made Fitzpatrick look All Pro last time.

OrangeHoof
12-06-2014, 12:55 PM
What matters to me is if the Bills have two good, healthy corners. If they don't Manning will find a way to beat them with Thomas and Sanders if he gets decent protection. Even in 2-TE sets, we can still line DT and Sanders up against them.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-06-2014, 02:56 PM
What matters to me is if the Bills have two good, healthy corners. If they don't Manning will find a way to beat them with Thomas and Sanders if he gets decent protection. Even in 2-TE sets, we can still line DT and Sanders up against them.

It's not the Bills' secondary that is their strength, it's their pass rush. This is the 3rd week in a row that Vasquez will have a big test. He's had to face Wake, Houston, now super Mario in consecutive weeks.

OrangeHoof
12-06-2014, 03:55 PM
It's not the Bills' secondary that is their strength, it's their pass rush. This is the 3rd week in a row that Vasquez will have a big test. He's had to face Wake, Houston, now super Mario in consecutive weeks.

I follow the Texans. Mario is less than he seems. Houston didn't try very hard to keep him in free agency. Freakish size/speed but not much instincts. That's why I said "if he gets decent protection" in my post but I still say Buffalo's corners are going to be tested just like KC's were.

MOtorboat
12-06-2014, 04:32 PM
You cannot stop kyle orton you can only hope to contain him!

Pudge
12-06-2014, 06:00 PM
You cannot stop kyle orton you can only hope to contain him!

What is that from?

MOtorboat
12-06-2014, 06:19 PM
What is that from?

From myself.

DenBronx
12-06-2014, 07:40 PM
Just read that Broncos fans are planning a TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! chant during Ortons first drive. Lol

We know how to troll the other team that's for sure.

Pudge
12-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Just read that Broncos fans are planning a TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! chant during Ortons first drive. Lol

We know how to troll the other team that's for sure.

That would be so awesome if they actually did