PDA

View Full Version : Man oh man I like me some CJ!

DenBronx
11-30-2014, 11:49 PM
The dude just runs so tough and can do it all. Back to back HUGE games for him now and and has helped really make defenses respect our run game again. Nice to come out, get the lead, then pound the rock to give the defense a rest. He makes plays when they aren't even there and hits the hole very fast, no delay there.

But the job is CJs to lose now. This is what I had expected from Monte but looks like CJ had other plans. To top it off he seems like a very humble dude from that post game interview.

Don't think this guy is going anywhere else anytime soon.

#poundtherock
#runtheclockout
#milehighsalute
#goCJ!

Slick
11-30-2014, 11:52 PM
Looks like Olandis Gary out there. Tough kid.

DenBronx
11-30-2014, 11:56 PM
He's the back we have been waiting on.

tripleoption
11-30-2014, 11:59 PM
He had good blocking but he was just tough to bring down. It's nice to see a Bronco back do that.

sneakers
12-01-2014, 12:01 AM
I haven't been this excited while watching a person named CJ since CJ Parker

DenBronx
12-01-2014, 12:12 AM
Proof that when these guys do good in preseason it can transition to regular season. He looked unstoppable tonight.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
12-01-2014, 12:26 AM
Guy is a stud. Runs like his pants are on fire. I'm surprised when he doesn't break a tackle these days; always making something outta nothing, somebody miss or running em over.

silkamilkamonico
12-01-2014, 12:46 AM
I don't care what Gase told Collinsworth, if anything changes with Hillman and Ball when they come back and CJ is not getting the carries he has been the last couple weeks I would seriously question th eintelligence level of the coaching staff.

Simple Jaded
12-01-2014, 12:51 AM
I think it's fair for Anderson's camp to pat themselves on the back at this point, isn't it?

DenBronx
12-01-2014, 01:13 AM
I think it's fair for Anderson's camp to pat themselves on the back at this point, isn't it?

Yes, absolutely.

DenBronx
12-01-2014, 01:14 AM
I don't care what Gase told Collinsworth, if anything changes with Hillman and Ball when they come back and CJ is not getting the carries he has been the last couple weeks I would seriously question th eintelligence level of the coaching staff.

I dont know that it's Gase call to make but if they do go back then they are nucking futs.

Cugel
12-01-2014, 01:40 AM
They claim that "Montee Ball is the best pass-blocker and Ronnie Hillman isn't far behind."

I say screw that! They can run the ball effectively with C.J.

This was the perfect game for them. Think about it. 20 degrees with a swirling wind. Isn't that the sort of game that used to give us all the night sweats because Peyton's performance would suddenly go all wonky and he'd make weird throws?

Well, he did some of that tonight. Overthrew some balls, missed on others. In fact Peyton has been less than stellar the last 2 games -- and it didn't matter at all!

With a run game they don't have to rely on Peyton to have an absolutely A+ game for them to beat a tough team on the road. It's literally like 1998 all over again if they can keep this up. Of course, the Patriots still present a problem because they can run and pass and have a good defense. But, this can develop further. The Broncos offense can do a lot better than what it showed tonight with 5 FGs if Peyton can just hit some passes they should have scored over 40 points.

Timmy!
12-01-2014, 02:58 AM
This thread has legs.

Dapper Dan
12-01-2014, 03:38 AM
I think Miami was a bigger game for him. They have a much better rush defense than KC. If he can do this against Buffalo, then watch out.

His vision stood out to me. Thompson went where the hole was suppose to be and plowed into whatever was there. CJ did a good job looking around and making a cut into the right direction. He definitely knows what he's doing out there. It goes to show how much better a back looks when he gets enough carries.

I think all of our RBs are adequate enough, especially with the improved OL. We won't have to worry come playoff time of we lose a RB.

CoachChaz
12-01-2014, 03:55 AM

Nice to be right from time to time. Lol

Timmy!
12-01-2014, 04:20 AM

I hereby award Chaz the official Broncos forums "I've been saying it for over a year so bow the f*ck down bitches" award for 2014. Well deserved. Joel is gonna shit.

Dzone
12-01-2014, 05:25 AM
He's 5-8 and 225 pounds and runs people over. Human bowling ball.

DenBronx
12-01-2014, 08:30 AM
Bow the fck down award of the year.

Has a ring to it. Lol

CoachChaz
12-01-2014, 08:48 AM
I hereby award Chaz the official Broncos forums "I've been saying it for over a year so bow the f*ck down bitches" award for 2014. Well deserved. Joel is gonna shit.

I think my trend is when it's me and only 2 other people, then I might be on to something. Playing CJ...drafting Von...NOT drafting Royal...

I'll also take this moment to NOT mention the ones I was wrong about.

Northman
12-01-2014, 09:20 AM
Royal had the game winning TD yesterday. He's doing alright in SD.

CoachChaz
12-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Royal had the game winning TD yesterday. He's doing alright in SD.

Has his career really been 2nd round pick worthy? DeSean Jackson was still on the board.

Ravage!!!
12-01-2014, 10:38 AM
Has his career really been 2nd round pick worthy? DeSean Jackson was still on the board.

He's also been kicked off a team for a reason.

CoachChaz
12-01-2014, 10:46 AM
He's also been kicked off a team for a reason.

Cool. You start a team with Royal as your primary and I'll start one with DJax.

Ravage!!!
12-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Cool. You start a team with Royal as your primary and I'll start one with DJax.

Ok. I wouldn't have a problem with that. Djax is a home run hit...or nothin. I would gladly take Royal over DJax, but NEITHER is a primary reciever. Both are #2s.

CoachChaz
12-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Ok. I wouldn't have a problem with that. Djax is a home run hit...or nothin. I would gladly take Royal over DJax, but NEITHER is a primary reciever. Both are #2s.

If Royal is the #2 option on your team...I like my chances.

Ravage!!!
12-01-2014, 11:02 AM
If Royal is the #2 option on your team...I like my chances.

Ok. Good to know that you are feeling good about your made up, speculative, fantasy team. I'll mark it down.

broncofaninfla
12-01-2014, 11:23 AM
I prefer a Anderson/Thompson backfield over Ball/Hillman. I hope we stick with the hot hands and keep it that way.

tomjonesrocks
12-01-2014, 11:26 AM
I prefer a Anderson/Thompson backfield over Ball/Hillman. I hope we stick with the hot hands and keep it that way.

I agree. Hillman was playing well though. If he returns its a good problem to have.

What a disaster of a season for Ball though.

NightTrainLayne
12-01-2014, 11:32 AM
I agree. Hillman was playing well though. If he returns its a good problem to have.

What a disaster of a season for Ball though.

"You can't make the team in the training room." My favorite Shanahan quote I think. Not completely apt for Ball's situation this season, but close.

GEM
12-01-2014, 12:01 PM
They were talking last night and said that Gase told Collinsworth that Ball is their best pass protector...who cares, he can't run the ball. :mad: I just hope they don't pigeon hole CJ because of that, because what he brings to the running game is worth a million more than what Ball brings to the passing game.

VonDoom
12-01-2014, 12:08 PM
I'd be shocked if we replaced CJ as the starter at this point. He's just been too good. For example:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6h6 hours ago

Denver's C.J. Anderson ran for career-high 168 yards, including 90 after contact; 90 after contact are most by Broncos RB in past 9 seasons.

I like Juwan also, but when Hillman's healthy, he could be a big asset as a change of pace guy. He had some nice games before he got hurt. Where this leaves Ball, I have no idea.

jhildebrand
12-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Proof that when these guys do good in preseason it can transition to regular season. He looked unstoppable tonight.

Right! Some of us clamored for him to get a shot last year when he looked like this in a preseason game. We were all basically told we were stupid and it was preseason and just scrub stuff :coffee:

CoachChaz
12-01-2014, 12:25 PM
Right! Some of us clamored for him to get a shot last year when he looked like this in a preseason game. We were all basically told we were stupid and it was preseason and just scrub stuff :coffee:

I liked him as a late round draft pick and was ecstatic we got him as a UDFA. I figured he could be good, but I'll admit...he is exceeding even my expectations.

mouthofsouth
12-01-2014, 01:14 PM
How could Collinsworth et al even debate what would happen when Ball got well? It is so obvious that CJ is the better back. He runs with authority, and is elusive. The stats and results speak for themselves.

Valar Morghulis
12-01-2014, 03:19 PM
First of all i love me some CJ - i have done for a while - i think it was a game against KC last year where he looked like he could be our number 1 back, but Montee Ball finished last season and the play offs running really hard. So whilst he was terrible before his injury, i would like to see what he can do behind this O-Line, that has clearly got its shit together in comparison to when Montee was getting eaten up 3 yds behind the LOS

Dapper Dan
12-01-2014, 03:24 PM
First of all i love me some CJ - i have done for a while - i think it was a game against KC last year where he looked like he could be our number 1 back, but Montee Ball finished last season and the play offs running really hard. So whilst he was terrible before his injury, i would like to see what he can do behind this O-Line, that has clearly got its shit together in comparison to when Montee was getting eaten up 3 yds behind the LOS

Thanks for some sanity. It's possible to like all of our players.

DenBronx
12-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Looks like Olandis Gary out there. Tough kid.

Im thinking more Mike Anderson. He was great after contact.

DenBronx
12-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Im rewatching the game again. CJ made so many plays happen when the other backs would have been tackled in the backfield. OL does their job but it's up to a RB on how quick he can move upfield. CJ has it man....he has it.

Nomad
12-01-2014, 05:51 PM
I just hope the injury bug stays away from CJ. He was fun to watch last night.

swaiy
12-01-2014, 10:46 PM
I just hope the injury bug stays away from CJ. He was fun to watch last night.

If that happens, at least we'll already know it's your fault.

SoCalImport
12-02-2014, 01:19 AM
Love way he rolls off contact and keeps the legs churning. He reminds me a lot of a younger MJD. Maybe not with the same top end speed Jones had but very similar running style.

Hawgdriver
12-02-2014, 03:26 AM
Hey KC, do you understand his story now?

capt. Jack
12-02-2014, 06:53 AM
I love me some C.J. " Pound the Rock" Anderson!!

:)

Ravage!!!
12-02-2014, 12:56 PM
CJ showed he's the toughest runner with MUCH more elusive feet than I had expected! He looks to be the real deal. When Hillman gets back, I like him better than Thompson at this point. Thompson hasn't impressed me at all, but Hillman has when he was given the chance. Ball, I wasn't impressed with him at all earlier this year. Sluggish. But if depending on match-ups and particular parts of the game, I can see where putting the best pass protector of the 4 in the backfield is necessary. We will need everyone going into the playoffs, because we will have a hard time.

Hawgdriver
12-02-2014, 03:35 PM
I like CJ and Thompson because results. These are dudes that have actual success instilling the mentality the O-line loves, that they want to push you backward and truck you. I'd wager a heavy but equal dose of that goes a long way to making things peachy for PFM and the sparing use of Hillman.

TXBRONC
12-03-2014, 05:37 PM

All any of us of said was that we would like to see what he could do.

DenBronx
12-07-2014, 09:38 PM
How do you guys think he did today? He didn't have the yards but he had 3 TDs.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-07-2014, 10:06 PM

Considering the defense we played I thought 3 ypc was very respectible. Well, it was 3 until the last two drives when we refused to audible out of the run.

tripp
12-07-2014, 10:10 PM

Like Al said, Bills have one of the best Run Defenses in the NFL. Not too surprised he didn't kill it. With that being said, I'm a little worried we're over working him. He hobbled off the the field 3 times today, and yet we continued to use him. Juwan Thompson is perfectly capable to handle the bulk for a quarter. I have a terrible feeling he's gonna get injured before we even get to the playoffs.

pnbronco
12-07-2014, 10:19 PM
I'm loving what he did but I'm worried that is over doing it. He really needed to stop sooner. I thought Juwan did a great job and would to let him have more snaps. I want CJ to best his best when we need him the most.

DenBronx
12-08-2014, 01:15 AM
He was playing hurt. He sprained his ankle in practice or the game prior is what I heard.

TXBRONC
12-08-2014, 11:03 AM

He ran hard and effectively that's what I think. As much as the Bills defense is tough and they were focused on stopping him he is also has injured ankle.