PDA

View Full Version : Tight end Virgil Green receptive to blocking for Denver Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
11-29-2014, 11:13 AM
If and when it happens, Broncos tight end Virgil Green doesn't have a predetermined celebration script.

NFL players have different expressions to celebrate when they score a touchdown. Green doesn't know whether he will spike the ball, do a dance or nonchalantly hand the ball to an official, but he can't wait to find out what he will do when he finally puts six points on the scoreboard.

In his three-plus seasons with the Broncos, Green hasn't scored on any of his 19 pass receptions.

"It has been a long time since I've scored a touchdown," Green said Thursday after practice. "I'll probably be super excited if it happens. I'll go crazy, but I can't go overboard. Julius (teammate Julius Thomas) will come out there and calm me down."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27032165/tight-end-virgil-green-receptive-blocking-denver-broncos

HORSEPOWER 56
11-29-2014, 12:06 PM
Kind of a shame he doesn't get targeted more often. I think he's as good a receiver as Tamme is. He was Kaepernick's main receiver at Nevada. I guess it's the price you pay for being a good blocker.

Simple Jaded
11-29-2014, 03:45 PM
Virgil Green might be my favorite Broncos player

Valar Morghulis
11-29-2014, 05:28 PM
Virgil Green might be my favorite Broncos player

ever?!:coffee:

Cugel
11-29-2014, 07:25 PM
The Broncos have won almost every single game this season that Virgil Green played and lost every one he didn't. I don't care if he catches a pass. He's a critical blocker to give Peyton the time to throw.

He's incredibly aggressive and enjoys blocking his man. He wants to physically win every matchup he faces. Since blocking has a LOT to do with attitude that's big key to his success. Julius Thomas on the other hand simply does not want to block and he doesn't do it well. He wants to run pass-patterns and catch passes.

Having a healthy Virgil Green is absolutely key for the Broncos if they want to win in the playoffs.

Simple Jaded
11-29-2014, 11:24 PM
ever?!:coffee:

No, that would be Jon Keyworth.

Valar Morghulis
11-30-2014, 03:55 AM
No, that would be Jon Keyworth.

I had to Google him lol