PDA

View Full Version : Coordinators' Corner: Grinding in the ground game

Denver Native (Carol)
11-28-2014, 09:51 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Broncos returned to the field after Thanksgiving for practice on Friday, and they got some good news with Brandon Marshall being cleared to practice. With their last practice before heading to Kansas City in the books, the Broncos' coordinators talked to the media, focusing on the running game on either side.

Healthy Jamaal Charles to be a big factor

In the previous matchup between the Broncos and Chiefs, Kansas City lost star running back Jamaal Charles to an ankle sprain early in the game. Though initially marked as questionable to return, Charles would not return after five plays.

But since his return from the injury, he's averaged about 93 rushing yards per game at over five yards per carry, along with about 20 yards per game through the air.

rest - plus video - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Coordinators-Corner-Grinding-in-the-ground-game/1f2d48c5-ccea-47d6-b051-78bf46ca679e

Joel
11-30-2014, 02:11 AM
The biggest thing Steven Johnson did to win me over was meet Jamaal Charles one on one and stuff him for no gain on 3rd and G at our 1 vs. KC last year. Not that the past is the future, but that and his preseason Int made me feel pretty good about Johnson backing up Irving, and now I'm REALLY glad we've got him.