PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Brandon Marshall cleared to play vs. Chiefs

Denver Native (Carol)
11-28-2014, 03:55 PM
While tight end Julius Thomas remained a spectator Friday, working through left ankle issues, the Broncos received a boost as Brandon Marshall was cleared to participate by an independent doctor.

The linebacker began the concussion protocol last Sunday, and gradually eased back into activity. He is expected to start Sunday at Kansas City, a huge lift given his performance this season and the inexperienced reserves behind him on the depth chart.

Marshall leads the Broncos with 94 tackles in 11 games, incuding 10 starts. He also wears the audio helmet, communicating with the coaches and relaying the defensive signals. He was hurt in the fourth quarter against the Dolphins, leaving the Broncos leaning heavily on rookie Lamin Barrow, who participated in a season-high 21 plays.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27029127/broncos-brandon-marshall-cleared-play-vs-chiefs

broken12
11-28-2014, 04:12 PM
Ray rice anyone?

VonDoom
11-28-2014, 04:58 PM
Glad Marshall will play. I hope Taliban or JT can go but I'm not counting on it. If Talib and Webster are both out, our secondary will be quite thin.

VonDoom
11-28-2014, 04:58 PM
Ray rice anyone?

I'm assuming you're joking? He's not even good.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-28-2014, 05:15 PM
Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 36m

After Friday's practice, #Broncos HC John Fox said Julius Thomas looked "much better'' than he did in last Friday's workout.

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 49m

#Broncos LB B. Marshall on being cleared to face Chiefs: "Everybody wants to win this game, this is the biggest game of our season so far.''

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 2h

Talib and Julius Thomas were limited in Friday's practice. Marshall practiced fully and said in locker room he expects to play.

broken12
11-28-2014, 05:31 PM
Ray rice anyone?

I'm assuming you're joking? He's not even good.
Not joking Monte Lance ball taking a roster spot, know how to pick up blitzes, great ok pass routes fresh legs .....would be good depth after ball goes to ir. ....cj goes down then we in trouble

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-28-2014, 05:48 PM
Not joking Monte Lance ball taking a roster spot, know how to pick up blitzes, great ok pass routes fresh legs .....would be good depth after ball goes to ir. ....cj goes down then we in trouble

Rice would be 3rd on the depth chart even with Hillman and Ball unavailable. CJ and Juwan make a pretty nice 1-2 punch.

Pudge
11-28-2014, 05:52 PM

You're opinion loses all credit when you use horrible grammar. Also it's not a very good opinion, he's washed up, doesn't know the system well, and he's a horrible person

Denver Native (Carol)
11-28-2014, 06:05 PM
And what does this Rice talk have to do with Brandon Marshall being cleared to play against KC?

broken12
11-28-2014, 07:15 PM
And what does this Rice talk have to do with Brandon Marshall being cleared to play against KC?
Well lots maybe rice can play linebacker....lol

broken12
11-28-2014, 07:19 PM
I remember lots of denver broncos having the same issues at times, Clarence kay, Vance Johnson to name a couple. I think that he has been given a second chance to better his life. If denver was to give him a chance I would be in favor for it, if it did not work than he could just get in line with many other choices this front office has made that haven't worked.

spikerman
11-28-2014, 07:25 PM
I'm worried about the injuries in the secondary as well, but fortunately the Chiefs haven't had a lot of success throwing the ball down the field so far this year.

dogfish
11-28-2014, 07:35 PM

not a damn thing. . .

good news on marshall-- our run D's not the same without nate irving, we at least need the rest of our 'backers available. . . when trevathan gets back, we're going to have to explore using him or marshall at MIKE-- not an ideal fit, but IMO we need to get our three best guys on the field. . . johnson and the rooks aren't getting it done. . .

Simple Jaded
11-28-2014, 10:09 PM
The new concussion protocol seems to working just fine.

VonDoom
11-28-2014, 10:17 PM
I'm worried about the injuries in the secondary as well, but fortunately the Chiefs haven't had a lot of success throwing the ball down the field so far this year.

Yeah, this makes me feel a little better. That's still a weakness they'll exploit, like if Tony Carter has to see significant time ...

not a damn thing. . .

good news on marshall-- our run D's not the same without nate irving, we at least need the rest of our 'backers available. . . when trevathan gets back, we're going to have to explore using him or marshall at MIKE-- not an ideal fit, but IMO we need to get our three best guys on the field. . . johnson and the rooks aren't getting it done. . .

I didn't really put the connection with Irving together, but you might be right. The run D has been a little lackluster the last couple of games, considering how great they were early in the season. Charles will obviously be a huge test.

And I agree on our LB situation - I think we need our three best guys out there, regardless of whether one is playing out of position. For us, that will be Miller, Trevathan and Marshall. I want Trev out there once he's healthy, but benching Marshall seems like a bad idea.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-28-2014, 10:37 PM
from article:

While Marshall looks like he will be good to go Sunday night, the status of cornerback Aqib Talib, tight end Julius Thomas and safety Quinton Carter will be determined. All three were listed as questionable.

Carter practiced all week, but his work was limited because of a knee injury. Thomas returned to practice Thursday and saw limited work each of the last two days.

Talib did not practice until seeing limited work Friday. He worked out with the team's strength and conditioning coaches during the Thanksgiving practice.

Cornerback Kayvon Webster and running backs Ronnie Hillman and Montee Ball were ruled out with their injuries. None of them practice this week.

full article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Injury-update-Brandon-Marshall-clears-protocol-Aqib-Talib-Julius-Thomas-questionable/a786df80-e98c-4f54-9a4b-0f0f5ecea17d

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-28-2014, 11:10 PM
Wow, no Webster either. That means Tony Carter will be getting a lot of pt.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-29-2014, 07:46 AM

Yep. Looks like our CBs will be Harris, Roby, Bolden, and Carter. Good thing KC doesn't use a lot of 3 and 4 WR sets.

broken12
11-29-2014, 10:42 AM
If they do carter good at reading qb's and I think he can get us opportunities at turnovers

BroncoWave
11-29-2014, 10:45 AM
If they do carter good at reading qb's and I think he can get us opportunities at turnovers

The problem with Carter is that he is incapable of covering a receiver without holding. It amazes me that he continues to latch onto this team year after year.

broken12
11-29-2014, 11:16 AM

The problem with Carter is that he is incapable of covering a receiver without holding. It amazes me that he continues to latch onto this team year after year.
I understand that, he provides depth and last year seemed to fall apart after a good year prior...

dogfish
11-29-2014, 11:39 AM
Yeah, this makes me feel a little better. That's still a weakness they'll exploit, like if Tony Carter has to see significant time ...

i didn't re-watch the last game, but wasn't bolden taking snaps in our coverage packages ahead of carter?

Simple Jaded
11-29-2014, 11:53 AM
Carter is good in coverage, up until his guy makes the catch, after that he's utterly useless.

broken12
11-29-2014, 12:05 PM
Carter is good in coverage, up until his guy makes the catch, after that he's utterly useless.
Lol

Simple Jaded
11-29-2014, 12:52 PM
Lol

He's always in good position to miss the tackle.

Slick
11-29-2014, 08:55 PM
Tony Carter is an enigma. He might be the most physically gifted player on the roster.

broken12
11-29-2014, 09:09 PM
Tony Carter is an enigma. He might be the most physically gifted player on the roster.
Gets caught up in himself too much is the problem