PDA

View Full Version : AFC Playoff Scenarios for 2014

Magnificent Seven
11-26-2014, 12:30 AM
I thought it would be nice to start the playoff scenarios for 2014.

Feel free to discuss.

Magnificent Seven
11-26-2014, 12:35 AM
Broncos would jump to seed # 1 if Broncos beat Chiefs this Sunday night?

If Broncos win this Sunday... they should move back to seed # 1 because they beat Dolphins and Chiefs twice. Patriots have lost to Dolphins in week 1 and Chiefs in week 4.

Dzone
11-26-2014, 01:44 AM
I think we are going to get drilled at arrowhead

MOtorboat
11-26-2014, 01:56 AM
Broncos would jump to seed # 1 if Broncos beat Chiefs this Sunday night?

If Broncos win this Sunday... they should move back to seed # 1 because they beat Dolphins and Chiefs twice. Patriots have lost to Dolphins in week 1 and Chiefs in week 4.

The Patriots have to lose two games and Denver couldn't lose any before Denver could be in the No. 1 seed. The Patriots have a de facto two game lead because they are 9-2 vs. 8-3 and have the head to head win, which is first tiebreaker.

Timmy!
11-26-2014, 02:23 AM
The Patriots have to lose two games and Denver couldn't lose any before Denver could be in the No. 1 seed. The Patriots have a de facto two game lead because they are 9-2 vs. 8-3 and have the head to head win, which is first tiebreaker.

This. Baring a pats total collapse 2 seed is best we can do.

Magnificent Seven
11-26-2014, 02:33 AM
I think we are going to get drilled at arrowhead

Heh. You think so? Raiders beat Chiefs on Thursday Night Football. Broncos can handle the loud crowd. CJ Anderson will dance often because Chiefs are ranked 25th in rush defense. Moreover, Eric Berry is out. Broncos have advantages.

Magnificent Seven
11-26-2014, 02:34 AM

Green Bay Packers have a big chance to beat Patriots.

Timmy!
11-26-2014, 02:37 AM

We would still have to finish with more wins than the pats......

MOtorboat
11-26-2014, 02:38 AM

Sure, but the Patriots have to lose two games and Denver can't lose any to gain the No. 1 seed.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-26-2014, 06:53 AM
Remember, if the Pats do get the #1 seed they'll still have to beat whomever they play in the divisional round. That could be KC who beat them, Miami who beat them, or the Steelers or Ravens who typically play well vs the Pats in the playoffs.

Nothing is guaranteed.

Joel
11-26-2014, 08:39 AM
New England winning home games—especially in the playoffs—may not be guaranteed, but is as close as the NFL will ever get. We need to win out and have GB and SD show up big when NE plays them on the road. I feel good about Lambeau, but the SD game is just their toughest of 5 straight tough games to end their season, and I don't know how much they'll have left then. At least they should still have something to play for, especially if they win @Baltimore this week, but rooting for SD down the stretch is something of a double-edged sword, because guess whom they host the week after NE?

Realistically, winning the SB almost certainly requires winning EVERY game between now and then. The way we and they are playing now (i.e. we've lost 2 and nearly 3 of our last 4, including one to a 3-6 team, while they've won 4 straight by 20+ pts, including 3 straight against probable playoff teams) I'm not sure we'd win another Mile High playoff game against them, but a Foxborough playoff would be hopeless. We've never won a playoff game @Belicheat and neither has Manning; this probably isn't the year that changes.

The good news is winning Sunday would practically clinch the AFCW: The Chiefs would be 2 games back plus we'd have the first tiebreak, so our magic number would be 1, and SDs last 5 are as nightmarish as our first 9 (i.e. Baltimore, NE, us, SF and KC, with 3 of 5 on the road.)

The bad news is NE is in the situation we were in before playing them: A game up on their closest competition for playoff homefield, holding tiebreaks over ALL rivals. It's hard to overstate that games importance: Even with the Rams loss, we'd be 2 games up on EVERYONE for playoff homefield had we won; since they won, they are. Pity they always get to host such a huge game....

Joel
11-26-2014, 08:41 AM
Users can quickly punch in and alter season scenarios and just click on Tiebreaks to explain relevant ones. http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

The AFCs bottom line is NE will have homefield and we the other bye unless we or they go in the tank, though the AFCN championship is VERY murky since ALL teams are essentially tied, with Cincy holding a slim margin because 7-3-1 instead of 7-4 like the rest. There's a little wiggle room because they could beat us in a few weeks or someone else could win the division (in which case there'd be no head-to-head tiebreak between us and the AFCN champ, so it would go to conference record, where we have just 1 loss and all AFCN teams have 3+.)

Otherwise, NE has the lead and tiebreak over everyone, and we have both over everyone BUT NE. The chance of anyone making up an effective 2 game lead with just 5 to play is small.

VonDoom
11-26-2014, 09:46 AM
Our likeliest scenario, if we continue to win the games we should win, is the #2 seed. There are still a lot of variables that go into that, and we'll know more about how we're doing after Sunday. I played out the playoff machine yesterday and that's where I had us.

tripp
11-26-2014, 10:05 AM
The road to the SB for the AFC goes through Foxboro barring any a complete meltdown by the Pats. I don't even know if I can speculate where we, or the rest of the teams will end up by the end of the season. I thought the Chargers would be breathing down our necks by the looks of the week 3, but they've sort of lost their way with a bunch of injuries to their center's. I would love a #2 seed, obviously #1, but that's way too out of our control for me to consider that being an option. I think we'll be playing KC or Colts in the playoffs. Hope the Bills make the wild card, might be too out of their reach though.

VonDoom
11-26-2014, 11:01 AM
The road to the SB for the AFC goes through Foxboro barring any a complete meltdown by the Pats. I don't even know if I can speculate where we, or the rest of the teams will end up by the end of the season. I thought the Chargers would be breathing down our necks by the looks of the week 3, but they've sort of lost their way with a bunch of injuries to their center's. I would love a #2 seed, obviously #1, but that's way too out of our control for me to consider that being an option. I think we'll be playing KC or Colts in the playoffs. Hope the Bills make the wild card, might be too out of their reach though.

The Chargers are only one game behind us and we still have to play in their house. So I wou count them out yet, though their schedule is hard. Bills still have us, Pats and Packers, so they're going nowhere

OrangeHoof
11-26-2014, 11:07 AM

...and so did the Colts.
...and so did the Lions.

Dzone
11-26-2014, 11:08 AM
Heh. You think so? Raiders beat Chiefs on Thursday Night Football. Broncos can handle the loud crowd. CJ Anderson will dance often because Chiefs are ranked 25th in rush defense. Moreover, Eric Berry is out. Broncos have advantages.
I hope youre right but this game has me as worried as any game this year. If we cant get touchbacks on kickoffs, our special teams are going to get gouged. The chiefs have 10 days to p0repare and as for losing to the raiders, every road team loses on thursday

capt. Jack
11-26-2014, 11:47 AM
I bet we wind up playing the Colts and The Patriots?

OrangeHoof
11-26-2014, 12:49 PM
I hope youre right but this game has me as worried as any game this year. If we cant get touchbacks on kickoffs, our special teams are going to get gouged. The chiefs have 10 days to p0repare and as for losing to the raiders, every road team loses on thursday

Thankfully, we don't have Dainty Hall or even McCluster to worry about. Knile Davis is okay but he's not in that category.

Joel
11-26-2014, 03:29 PM
I doubt Oakland nor Buffalo can beat us at Mile High, so even if we lost ALL THREE others, SD would have to beat us and 2/4 of the other monsters they have left, also hard to imagine since 3/5 are on the road. And they'd STILL lose to us on tiebreaks:

1st tiebreak (i.e. head-to-head) is already out of reach (because we beat them; beating them again on the road in 3 weeks would give us an effective 3 game lead, so that's a must-win for them)

2nd tiebreak (division recod) is nearly out of reach, and will be if we win or they lose ANY division game (e.g. this week @Arrowhead or at home vs. Oakland) because we've already won 3 and they've lost 2.

3rd tiebreak (i.e. common opponents) would be BARELY in reach if we win home games vs. Oakland and Buffalo: We'd be guaranteed 8+ wins, and SD has 3 losses, so they'd have to win out and hope we lost our other 3 (in which case they wouldn't need a tiebreak, because they'd have a better overall record.)

4th tiebreak (i.e. conference opponents) would be in reach, but only if we lost 3/5 to end the season (giving us 5 conference losses) and SD won 4/5 (giving them 4 conference losses.)

Remember, all these scenarios assume ANY combination of Denver/SD W/Ls includes them beating us in SD; otherwise, it's all but impossible for them to beat us for the division crown, since we'd have an effective 3 game lead, and there's only 5 games left: At that point, our magic number's 1, and SD must win and hope we lose ALL other remaining games. Yet even if they beat us in their house, winning the division may be mathematically possible, but is VERY logically improbable. Run the Playoff Machine with every plausible scenario and see how many ways SD wins the AFCW: Precious few are remotely likely.

This week @Arrowhead's a much bigger deal; they're as close behind as SD (same overall, division, common and conference losses,) so a win there would put us another game up on them AND put the first two tiebreaks out of reach for BOTH them and SD, as well as adding to our win totals for the 3rd and 4th tiebreaks. Hopefully our offensive line realizes they need more than one solid half to silence critics after multiple SEASONS of awful play. But nothing short of 2 NE losses gives us a shot at playoff homefield whatever we do, and division title's are "just too shabby."

MasterShake
11-26-2014, 03:39 PM
Remember, if the Pats do get the #1 seed they'll still have to beat whomever they play in the divisional round. That could be KC who beat them, Miami who beat them, or the Steelers or Ravens who typically play well vs the Pats in the playoffs.

Nothing is guaranteed.

At this point I just want the division win and the 2 seed, I think the 1 is out of reach for now. Like you said the matchups the 1 seed might have could be brutal if things keep going the way they are. A 2 seed with a first round bye is fine by me.

Joel
11-26-2014, 04:38 PM
I'm less worried about whom we'd face at home as #2 seed (especially since that's impossible to know before 1) seedings and 2) wildcard games are final) than ending up in an AFCCG @NE. I know the NFL's littered with horror stories of one-and-done #1 seeds, but #1 seeds losing Conference Championship Games are decidedly more rare. So are NE home losses, especially in the playoffs. But it is what it is now; we'll just have to keep winning through February—wherever—but in a little over a month that'll be true for everyone. We beat the #1 seed on the road en route to our first championship, so it CAN be done.

OrangeHoof
11-26-2014, 05:26 PM
Our best bet for the #1 seed is:

a) win out while New England loses two games.
b) win the AFC West but lose one additional game while New England loses two games and one of the AFC North teams besides Cincy wins out to take the AFC North. In that scenario, NE, Denver and Pit/Bal/Cle are in a three-way tie with the first tiebreaker (head-to-head) not relevant so the next tiebreaker comes to conference record which Denver should win.

Both scenarios seem implausible but that's how we can get the #1 seed.

Joel
11-26-2014, 06:09 PM
The second scenario should note NEs conference record is only nominally worse: They've completed more conference games, so have 1 more loss, but equal wins. Consequently, they have an NFC game left, and losing it wouldn't help us in tiebreaks, but ALL ours are vs. AFC teams, so ANY loss WOULD affect tiebreaks. Thus if we won 4/5 and they 3/5, but one of their losses were @GB, we'd still be even on conference tiebreak, which the AFCN Champ would probably lose first (2/3 non-Cincy teams have 4 conference losses) leaving us and NE to start the tiebreak procedure over, and they'd still win on head-to-head.

We've probably already lost playoff homefield for good, but ANY more losses effectively clinch it for NE: There's no way we, Cincy nor Indy make up 3 games on them with <5 to play. Ultimatey, there's probably a good reason they hold head-to-head tiebreaks over ALL other AFC division leaders (though it sure as Hell helps that they got to host 2/3; I call BS on THAT supposed random-yet-perennial scenario.)

Magnificent Seven
12-01-2014, 12:03 AM

Told you so! I was right! CJ Anderson was dancing and having fun at the Arrowhead Stadium. Our defense looked sharp tonight!

Magnificent Seven
12-01-2014, 12:06 AM
So, Broncos won tonight and Broncos are tied with Patriots in the playoff picture. They are 9-3. I know Patriots beat us and they have tie-breaker. However, should we root for Chargers next Sunday against Patriots? Broncos would jump back to seed # 1 if they win over Bills and Patriots lose to San Diego?

MOtorboat
12-01-2014, 12:22 AM
The second scenario should note NEs conference record is only nominally worse: They've completed more conference games, so have 1 more loss, but equal wins. Consequently, they have an NFC game left, and losing it wouldn't help us in tiebreaks, but ALL ours are vs. AFC teams, so ANY loss WOULD affect tiebreaks. Thus if we won 4/5 and they 3/5, but one of their losses were @GB, we'd still be even on conference tiebreak, which the AFCN Champ would probably lose first (2/3 non-Cincy teams have 4 conference losses) leaving us and NE to start the tiebreak procedure over, and they'd still win on head-to-head.

We've probably already lost playoff homefield for good, but ANY more losses effectively clinch it for NE: There's no way we, Cincy nor Indy make up 3 games on them with <5 to play. Ultimatey, there's probably a good reason they hold head-to-head tiebreaks over ALL other AFC division leaders (though it sure as Hell helps that they got to host 2/3; I call BS on THAT supposed random-yet-perennial scenario.)

All that worrying...

OrangeHoof
12-01-2014, 12:40 AM
So, Broncos won tonight and Broncos are tied with Patriots in the playoff picture. They are 9-3. I know Patriots beat us and they have tie-breaker. However, should we root for Chargers next Sunday against Patriots? Broncos would jump back to seed # 1 if they win over Bills and Patriots lose to San Diego?

I'll root for San Diego next week. I enjoyed the heck out of Brady launching sideline F-bombs as the Pack ran out the clock on him and would enjoy a repeat of that even if it is Phyllis inflicting the pain. I have confidence we can defeat the Chargers for the division title which means we can get back the #1 seed if the Patriots lose again.

Seriously, the biggest threat standing between the Broncos and another Super Bowl is a return trip to Foxboro so I'll root for anything (other than us losing) that prevents that scenario.

Magnificent Seven
12-01-2014, 01:33 AM
...and so did the Colts.
...and so did the Lions.

I was right. :salute:

So... Chargers and Dolphins have chance to beat Patriots, too. Therefore, I am going to root for Chargers this Sunday for once. Broncos could get back to seed # 1 and earn 2 home-field advantages in the playoff picture. GO BRONCOS!

Cugel
12-01-2014, 01:59 AM
New England winning home games—especially in the playoffs—may not be guaranteed, but is as close as the NFL will ever get.

Tell that to the Baltimore Ravens.

We need to win out and have GB and SD show up big when NE plays them on the road. I feel good about Lambeau, but the SD game is just their toughest of 5 straight tough games to end their season, and I don't know how much they'll have left then. At least they should still have something to play for, especially if they win @Baltimore this week, but rooting for SD down the stretch is something of a double-edged sword, because guess whom they host the week after NE?

San Diego has almost ZERO chance to win the Division and the Chiefs just lost all hope. Chargers are 2-2 in the Division and Denver is 4-0. Supposing the Chargers beat the Broncos, the worst the Broncos are going to do is 5-1 in the division (their last division matchup is against the Raiders at home which is as close to a W as it gets in the NFL).

The Best the Chargers can do is 4-2. Even if they finished with the same record, they lose the tie-breaker. Denver just has to beat the Bills at home and win @Cincinnati and they finish 12-4 or 13-3 and have the #2 seed.

They need to win out and hope N.E. drops another game to have the #1 seed 13-3 versus 12-4. That's the only way that happens.

As for going into N.E. and winning that looks daunting, but remember the 2005 playoffs? Denver was happy because the Steelers knocked off the Colts so the Broncos didn't have to travel to Indy and face Peyton Manning for the AFC Championship game? The home team doesn't always win. Same thing happened to the Pats in 2012. They were ecstatic when the Ravens knocked off the Broncos so they had the home field advantage.

That didn't work out that well either, since the Ravens thrashed them.

For the Broncos to beat the Pats they need to be able to keep running the ball effectively, and for Peyton to have a better game. They will be getting Talib and Woodyard back on defense and J.Thomas back on offense.

Losing J. Thomas was key tonight because Jacob Tamme dropped a sure TD pass in the end zone that Thomas would certainly have caught. If he got that pass it's 21-0 in the 2nd quarter and the game is over at half-time.

Magnificent Seven
12-01-2014, 02:56 AM
Tell that to the Baltimore Ravens.

San Diego has almost ZERO chance to win the Division and the Chiefs just lost all hope. Chargers are 2-2 in the Division and Denver is 4-0. Supposing the Chargers beat the Broncos, the worst the Broncos are going to do is 5-1 in the division (their last division matchup is against the Raiders at home which is as close to a W as it gets in the NFL).

The Best the Chargers can do is 4-2. Even if they finished with the same record, they lose the tie-breaker. Denver just has to beat the Bills at home and win @Cincinnati and they finish 12-4 or 13-3 and have the #2 seed.

They need to win out and hope N.E. drops another game to have the #1 seed 13-3 versus 12-4. That's the only way that happens.

As for going into N.E. and winning that looks daunting, but remember the 2005 playoffs? Denver was happy because the Steelers knocked off the Colts so the Broncos didn't have to travel to Indy and face Peyton Manning for the AFC Championship game? The home team doesn't always win. Same thing happened to the Pats in 2012. They were ecstatic when the Ravens knocked off the Broncos so they had the home field advantage.

That didn't work out that well either, since the Ravens thrashed them.

For the Broncos to beat the Pats they need to be able to keep running the ball effectively, and for Peyton to have a better game. They will be getting Talib and Woodyard back on defense and J.Thomas back on offense.

Losing J. Thomas was key tonight because Jacob Tamme dropped a sure TD pass in the end zone that Thomas would certainly have caught. If he got that pass it's 21-0 in the 2nd quarter and the game is over at half-time.

Woodyard?! He is a Titan now. You mean # 59 Danny Trevathan?

OrangeHoof
12-01-2014, 04:09 AM
If Miami wins the Monday-nighter at the Jets, they will leap past the others into the #6 seed.

Miami, Kansas City, Buffalo, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Cleveland would all be tied, technically, at 7-5.

Miami would have the divisional tiebreaker with Buffalo (3-1 division record vs 3-2)

Baltimore would have the divisional tiebreaker over Pittsburgh and Cleveland due to head-to-head (BAL 2-1, PIT 2-2, CLE 1-2)

So then it becomes a three-way tie between Kansas City, Miami and Baltimore which Miami wins based on conference record (MIA 6-3, KC 5-4, BAL 3-5).

It should be noted that Pittsburgh's conference record is solid (6-3) so if it were to break free of Baltimore and Cleveland, they would be in good tiebreaker position against AFC teams from other divisions.

VonDoom
12-01-2014, 07:27 AM

Yes. Obviously this is assuming we keep winning games, but if we beat the Bills and the Chargers beat the Pats, we would be in great shape. Mind you, I don't think the Pats lose two in a row. But a Chargers loss next week is nearly irrelevant for us; in order to have any shot at a #1 seed, we'll need to beat the Chargers anyway, and whether they win or lose next week, we can win the division by beating them on 12/14. They could really help us out next week, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

CrazyHorse
12-01-2014, 08:00 PM
First seed and home field throughout the playoffs?
http://memecrunch.com/meme/12TW0/so-you-re-telling-me-there-s-a-chance/image.png

Cugel
12-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Nobody really thinks the Pats are going to lose 2 in a row, but stranger things have happened. Even their home game against Miami is not automatic. Look at Denver's game against the Dolphins! They have a great pass-rush and Ryan Tannehill is doing really well with 20 TDs & only 6 INTs. Don't count Miami completely out. They'd have to win out to get in the playoffs, but that's not impossible either.

Magnificent Seven
12-02-2014, 10:07 PM
AFC Scenarios:

INDIANAPOLIS can clinch the AFC South division title with:
1) A WIN + Houston loss

DENVER can clinch a playoff berth with:
1) A WIN + Baltimore loss + Pittsburgh loss + Cleveland loss + Houston loss or tie + KC loss
2) A WIN + Baltimore loss + Pittsburgh loss + Cleveland loss + Houston loss or tie + SD loss + KC tie

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

OrangeHoof
12-03-2014, 01:11 AM
The Playoff Projector is back at ESPN and elsewhere:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Choose a starting point then tweak the wins and losses over the next four weeks to see what happens if this then that. Lots of extremely interesting scenarios.

CrazyHorse
12-03-2014, 01:04 PM
The Playoff Projector is back at ESPN and elsewhere:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Choose a starting point then tweak the wins and losses over the next four weeks to see what happens if this then that. Lots of extremely interesting scenarios.

I love this thing!

Magnificent Seven
12-07-2014, 07:50 PM
High Fives! Denver Broncos jumped back to # 1 seed in the playoff picture for now. We gotta root for San Diego. If Patriots lose tonight... Broncos could stay above Patriots in the playoff picture.

VonDoom
12-08-2014, 01:36 PM
The SD game last night was the last realistic chance for the Pats to lose a game at the end of this year. With that out of the way, it seems very likely that the Pats finish as the #1 seed, so we should all prepare for that scenario.

As far as we're concerned, we're in very nice shape for the #2 seed and a bye week to rest up, which would be an even bigger help than usual this year with our early bye. We can split the next two road games, beat the Raiders at home and finish 12-4, which would guarantee us a 2 seed at this point no matter what anyone else does. Of course, I'd rather just win them all, but it might not make any difference to our playoff positioning. If we're going to win one, it might as well be this week at SD so we can wrap up the division in grand style, rather than having to win at Cincy to stay ahead of the other division leaders.

Buff
12-08-2014, 01:38 PM
The SD game last night was the last realistic chance for the Pats to lose a game at the end of this year. With that out of the way, it seems very likely that the Pats finish as the #1 seed, so we should all prepare for that scenario.

As far as we're concerned, we're in very nice shape for the #2 seed and a bye week to rest up, which would be an even bigger help than usual this year with our early bye. We can split the next two road games, beat the Raiders at home and finish 12-4, which would guarantee us a 2 seed at this point no matter what anyone else does. Of course, I'd rather just win them all, but it might not make any difference to our playoff positioning. If we're going to win one, it might as well be this week at SD so we can wrap up the division in grand style, rather than having to win at Cincy to stay ahead of the other division leaders.

Of course I'd prefer to be the #1 seed and homefield - but as a fan it's almost more enjoyable to root for an underdog. Coming in as a prohibitive favorite the last couple seasons has been really nerve wracking. That Baltimore playoff game was absolute misery, even before the Rahim Moore play.

VonDoom
12-08-2014, 02:17 PM
Of course I'd prefer to be the #1 seed and homefield - but as a fan it's almost more enjoyable to root for an underdog. Coming in as a prohibitive favorite the last couple seasons has been really nerve wracking. That Baltimore playoff game was absolute misery, even before the Rahim Moore play.

I remember my stomach being in knots before that game, and apparently I had good reason.

That is the one silver lining if we make it to an AFCCG against NE this year - everyone will expect us to lose this time, so maybe we can surprise people.

pulse
12-08-2014, 04:42 PM

New England still has to play the Bills and the Dolphins. Those are by no means guarantees. New England lost their way out of the #1 seed by losing late in the season to Miami last year. And the Bills defense is good enough to beat anybody if their offense doesn't suck it up. I'm by no means saying a NE loss is likely, but it's certainly not a long shot. But even if New England clinches the #1 seed, Denver can still beat them in New England. They may be tougher at home, but they're not invincible.

VonDoom
12-08-2014, 04:55 PM
New England still has to play the Bills and the Dolphins. Those are by no means guarantees. New England lost their way out of the #1 seed by losing late in the season to Miami last year. And the Bills defense is good enough to beat anybody if their offense doesn't suck it up. I'm by no means saying a NE loss is likely, but it's certainly not a long shot. But even if New England clinches the #1 seed, Denver can still beat them in New England. They may be tougher at home, but they're not invincible.

The game they lost against Miami in this situation last year was in Miami. I think that's a whole different ballgame in Foxboro. The Bills game is the last game of the season, again in Foxboro, and the Bills are likely out of it at that point. In between there, they travel to play the Jets. I pulled hard for them to win that game in Foxboro earlier this year, but this is a Jets team that's given up by now.

Now, anything can happen, as you say, but it's very unlikely that NE loses another game, and I think our chances of the one seed are pretty slim. I just get this sense that we're on a collision course with them again, but this time in their stadium in the AFCCG.

The best scenario I can come up with for NE losing in the playoffs is if the Ravens or Steelers are there at 4/5/6, because I think those teams (especially the Ravens) are not at all intimidated by the Pats. We would probably get the Colts in this scenario, which I can live with.

Magnificent Seven
12-08-2014, 11:57 PM
If Miami Dolphins beat Patriots this Sunday... Broncos can lock the seed # 1 after they beat San Diego. Broncos have easy games after week 15. (Bengals and Raiders)

Pudge
12-09-2014, 12:02 AM
If Miami Dolphins beat Patriots this Sunday... Broncos can lock the seed # 1 after they beat San Diego. Broncos have easy games after week 15. (Bengals and Raiders)

I wouldn't dismiss the Bengals

VonDoom
12-09-2014, 07:24 AM

Yeah, why would you assume the Bengals game will be easy? It's on the road, that team has 8 wins and are a division leader. They've been a hard team to figure out, but you can say that about most any team that aren't the very top of the league.

Magnificent Seven
12-09-2014, 02:38 PM
Yeah, why would you assume the Bengals game will be easy? It's on the road, that team has 8 wins and are a division leader. They've been a hard team to figure out, but you can say that about most any team that aren't the very top of the league.

I feel 97% confident that Broncos will win over Cincinnati. I've learned that defense wins. Look at Broncos' defense and they look sharp. Moreover, Danny Trevathan is eligible to play this Sunday and we will have healthy defense team back in time for Cincinnati.

Broncos got solid running backs. CJ Anderson and Juwan Thompson. I am sure they will have a good night game. Plus. Emmanuel Sanders know Bengals' defense well because he was a Steeler. D. Thomas, Orange Julius, and Welker will be there with Sanders. I feel confident on that night game. GO BRONCOS!

BroncoWave
12-09-2014, 02:44 PM
Here's a pretty interesting scenario I've been thinking about. Say we have a first round bye locked up heading into week 17 and NE still hasn't lost either. Do we play all our starters hoping that NE loses, or do we rest some guys who are banged up and be happy to stay at #2. I think I would almost lean toward resting guys to be as fresh as possible for a playoff run.

Buff
12-09-2014, 03:32 PM
Here's a pretty interesting scenario I've been thinking about. Say we have a first round bye locked up heading into week 17 and NE still hasn't lost either. Do we play all our starters hoping that NE loses, or do we rest some guys who are banged up and be happy to stay at #2. I think I would almost lean toward resting guys to be as fresh as possible for a playoff run.

So where is the interesting scenario? ;)

100% of NFL coaches play their starters and aim for the #1 seed. Even Gregg Popovich would play his guys.

Poet
12-09-2014, 03:42 PM

Our secondary is the strength of the much maligned defense, and Peyton Manning isn't going to fall for Newman's tricky play or Iloka's closing speed.

Broncos win that game -and end our season- by 17 points. Unless of course some crazy shit happens and your seed is locked up.

BroncoWave
12-09-2014, 03:43 PM
So where is the interesting scenario? ;)

100% of NFL coaches play their starters and aim for the #1 seed. Even Gregg Popovich would play his guys.

I don't know. In our situation of not having had a bye since week 3 and having a bunch of banged up guys, I can see Fox resting those guys at least. If we're lucky the NFL won't shift the start times and we'll know at kickoff what we need to do.

Buff
12-09-2014, 03:47 PM
I don't know. In our situation of not having had a bye since week 3 and having a bunch of banged up guys, I can see Fox resting those guys at least. If we're lucky the NFL won't shift the start times and we'll know at kickoff what we need to do.

The other factor is that we're already going to have a bye week - and I think the coaches are more concerned about being rusty than being fresh.

I think an interesting question is would we rest Manning for a full game if New England has already wrapped up #1 before we kickoff?

VonDoom
12-09-2014, 03:47 PM

I think it depends on start times, as you say. We're definitely playing the late window, so the question is does NE/Buffalo stay at 1:00 Eastern? I know the NFL likes to screw around with times that week to keep things as "interesting" as possible, but I wouldn't mind the Pats being done so that we know where we stand either way. Did they shift the NE game last year on week 17? I can't remember.

BroncoWave
12-09-2014, 03:52 PM
The other factor is that we're already going to have a bye week - and I think the coaches are more concerned about being rusty than being fresh.

I think an interesting question is would we rest Manning for a full game if New England has already wrapped up #1 before we kickoff?

I think we'd treat it like a preseason game. Put the starters out for a few series so they don't have two whole weeks off and get rusty, but start to take Manning and some other guys who may be banged up out of the game as it goes along.

PatriotsGuy
12-09-2014, 04:01 PM
We're on to Miami.

Poet
12-09-2014, 04:04 PM
We're on to Miami.

When your team wins I'm happy for you and MN. God I hate your team, though.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-10-2014, 07:02 AM
This article pretty much lays it out.

The Patriots' 23-14 win over San Diego on Sunday Night Football helped the Broncos in one way, but hurt them in another.

The result ensured that the 10-3 Broncos are in great shape to win the AFC West. One more win -- no matter who it's against -- will give them their fourth consecutive division crown, because the Broncos would win any tiebreaker with the Chargers at 11-5:
•If Denver beats only San Diego, the Broncos would win on a head-to-head sweep.
•If Denver beats only Cincinnati in Week 16, the Broncos would win on a conference-record tiebreaker; they'd be deadlocked on head-to-head, division record (4-2) and record against common opponents (8-4), but the Broncos would win on conference record (9-3 to 8-4).
•If Denver beats only Oakland in Week 17, the Broncos would win on division record (5-1 to 4-2).

The Broncos also control their path to a playoff bye; with two wins in the next three games, the Broncos are assured of being off for the wild-card weekend. Given how minor injuries have accumulated like lake-effect snow with no bye after Week 4 to offer a breather, that respite could be essential.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Week-15-playoff-scenarios/7d746142-91ad-4f8a-895d-875fc13fd054

In essence, we can clinch the division this week with a win and even a first round bye depending on what the other division leaders do.

Nomad
12-10-2014, 09:09 AM
13-3 is a cursed record for the BRONCOS.....just saying.:lol::ohwell:

Win the division against SD, beat Cincy and #2 spot, and see how Oz does playing a whole game against the Raiders.

Basically, the next 2 games are going to be playoff caliber games.

TXBRONC
12-12-2014, 04:45 PM

They've been really inconsistent this year. One game they look like world beaters and the next their struggling.

Runamok
12-12-2014, 05:20 PM
The game they lost against Miami in this situation last year was in Miami. I think that's a whole different ballgame in Foxboro. The Bills game is the last game of the season, again in Foxboro, and the Bills are likely out of it at that point. In between there, they travel to play the Jets. I pulled hard for them to win that game in Foxboro earlier this year, but this is a Jets team that's given up by now.

Now, anything can happen, as you say, but it's very unlikely that NE loses another game, and I think our chances of the one seed are pretty slim. I just get this sense that we're on a collision course with them again, but this time in their stadium in the AFCCG.

The best scenario I can come up with for NE losing in the playoffs is if the Ravens or Steelers are there at 4/5/6, because I think those teams (especially the Ravens) are not at all intimidated by the Pats. We would probably get the Colts in this scenario, which I can live with.

Yes sir, the Ravens are probably the best chance of knocking NE out of the POs. Not sure The Sqeelers are up to it.

As to the top seed, NE has two games left at home and one on the road (Jets) and every one of those teams are capable of beating the Pats, based on a long history. But I doubt any of them will this season, without some injuries to NE. They seem to be on a mission.

VonDoom
12-12-2014, 05:45 PM
They've been really inconsistent this year. One game they look like world beaters and the next their struggling.

I agree. That's why I said they've been up and down - you never really know what you're going to get from the Bengals. My point was only that we can't dismiss them as an easy win. They might be playing for the division and/or their playoff lives and it's in their building, so I expect a fight.

Yes sir, the Ravens are probably the best chance of knocking NE out of the POs. Not sure The Sqeelers are up to it.

As to the top seed, NE has two games left at home and one on the road (Jets) and every one of those teams are capable of beating the Pats, based on a long history. But I doubt any of them will this season, without some injuries to NE. They seem to be on a mission.

You're probably right about the Steelers - another wildly inconsistent team. But the Ravens have proven they have no fear of Foxboro.

Poet
12-14-2014, 11:26 PM
The Steelers are capable of beating NE. Revis is having a very good year, but he's not going to blank Brown. New England wants no part of Bell, and Roethlisberger is having a great season as well. Heath Miller and Murray, the other WR, also round out one of the best offenses in the league right now. Pitt can get into a shootout with just about anyone. I'd still pick NE, though.

Magnificent Seven
12-15-2014, 12:55 AM
I am hoping that Patriots could lose to NY Jets. Big upset of the week and Broncos can jump back to # 1 seed.

BroncoWave
12-15-2014, 08:52 AM
There is zero chance of the Pats losing to the Jets. I would just erase that hope from your mind right now because you'll only end up disappointed with that one. The Bills do have a chance I guess, but it would still just really surprise me. I think everyone just needs to resign themselves to us getting the 2 seed at this point, because the Pats probably aren't losing either of these games.

In an ideal world for us, we beat Cincy this week and the NFL doesn't move the Pats kickoff back to the late window in week 17 so that we know if our game will matter or not when we kick off against Oakland.

VonDoom
12-15-2014, 09:12 AM
There is zero chance of the Pats losing to the Jets. I would just erase that hope from your mind right now because you'll only end up disappointed with that one. The Bills do have a chance I guess, but it would still just really surprise me. I think everyone just needs to resign themselves to us getting the 2 seed at this point, because the Pats probably aren't losing either of these games.

In an ideal world for us, we beat Cincy this week and the NFL doesn't move the Pats kickoff back to the late window in week 17 so that we know if our game will matter or not when we kick off against Oakland.

I've been saying to give up on the idea of the one seed for a while now. It's possible, but unlikely. Really, the SD game gave us an overwhelming chance of being the two seed - we would have to lose both of our next two games to finish anywhere but number two. One win and we get that needed bye. The Pats will beat the Jets next week, so the only thing we can do on Monday is keep pace with them by beating Cincy and hope that the Bills need that game in week 17 and play their game of the year. But if we lose to Cincy, it really doesn't change much for us as we currently stand.

OrangeHoof
12-15-2014, 10:42 AM
Baltimore and Pittsburgh can both beat the Pats in Foxboro but the Steelers still have a weak OL and Baltimore blows hot and cold. They won't be intimidated, though, like some AFC teams would.

One good team will miss out in the NFC again thanks to the NFC South taking up an undeserved #4 seed. There are scenarios where Philly wins their last two and still misses out on the playoffs after last night's loss. Seattle/Arizona and Detroit/GB will be division title games which will have a direct bearing on who gets the byes. I'd hate to see Seattle with the #1 seed again after all their early losses. Dallas, OTOH, has the head-to-head tiebreak with Seattle.

DenBronx
12-15-2014, 10:51 AM
Seattles so scrappy like that, reminds me of the Chargers. They suck earlier in the year then they come on late in the year.

CoachChaz
12-15-2014, 11:24 AM
Baltimore and Pittsburgh can both beat the Pats in Foxboro but the Steelers still have a weak OL and Baltimore blows hot and cold. They won't be intimidated, though, like some AFC teams would.

One good team will miss out in the NFC again thanks to the NFC South taking up an undeserved #4 seed. There are scenarios where Philly wins their last two and still misses out on the playoffs after last night's loss. Seattle/Arizona and Detroit/GB will be division title games which will have a direct bearing on who gets the byes. I'd hate to see Seattle with the #1 seed again after all their early losses. Dallas, OTOH, has the head-to-head tiebreak with Seattle.

The NFC is going to be fun to watch. I think Philly wins their last two and Dallas loses to Indy. That gives Philly the division and could knock Dallas out completely. However...GB still has a game with Detroit and Seattle has to play AZ and STL. ATL, CAR and NO all have to play each in the last 2 weeks as well. Going to be fun to watch.

VonDoom
12-15-2014, 12:07 PM
The NFC is going to be fun to watch. I think Philly wins their last two and Dallas loses to Indy. That gives Philly the division and could knock Dallas out completely. However...GB still has a game with Detroit and Seattle has to play AZ and STL. ATL, CAR and NO all have to play each in the last 2 weeks as well. Going to be fun to watch.

I agree. The AFC is falling into place and barring some kind of major upset, we pretty much know where the top three teams are (I can't figure out the North yet). The NFC is much more intriguing, since any number of teams can end up with the top seed. The Packers really hurt their chances, but I still think they win out and put away Detroit in week 17. I can't see the Seahawks losing again, unfortunately; they're just in a zone right now. Amazing that Dallas could end up as the one seed or out of the playoffs entirely, depending on how the next couple of games go, particularly the Colts game next week.

CoachChaz
12-15-2014, 12:16 PM
I agree. The AFC is falling into place and barring some kind of major upset, we pretty much know where the top three teams are (I can't figure out the North yet). The NFC is much more intriguing, since any number of teams can end up with the top seed. The Packers really hurt their chances, but I still think they win out and put away Detroit in week 17. I can't see the Seahawks losing again, unfortunately; they're just in a zone right now. Amazing that Dallas could end up as the one seed or out of the playoffs entirely, depending on how the next couple of games go, particularly the Colts game next week.

I just dont think Dallas has the defense to stop the Colts, nor the total offense to win a shootout against them. But if AZ wins out, that gives SEA and DAL the same record and SEA would be out. So many variables for the NFC. Definitely going to be fun to watch.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-15-2014, 12:26 PM
Green Bay's loss at Buffalo really dropped them in the playoff picture

Nomad
12-15-2014, 12:38 PM
http://q.usatoday.com/2014/12/14/nfl-playoff-picture-afc-nfc-playoffs/

Cugel
12-15-2014, 12:58 PM

The Seahawks game against the Rams will be tough. The Rams offense is hopeless but their defense can dominate teams as they did the Broncos.

underrated29
12-15-2014, 01:24 PM
I dont know who arizona plays but I do not see them winning either of their next two games. They have no offense especially now that they are on their 3rd string rookie QB. Arizona is done.

The top two teams are the hawks and packers. The packers can beat the hawks easily imo. Packers will rep the nfc in super bowl. (my early season prediction was broncos vs pack in superbowl)....Id rather not face the pack. They look real tough, but like pot roast said. Bring them on. Only team I do not want to face is the pats. They seem like the best team in the NFL to me right now. I hate saying it too. I hate them so much. I just hope we get lucky and they go 1 and done in the playoffs this year.

VonDoom
12-15-2014, 01:24 PM
I just dont think Dallas has the defense to stop the Colts, nor the total offense to win a shootout against them. But if AZ wins out, that gives SEA and DAL the same record and SEA would be out. So many variables for the NFC. Definitely going to be fun to watch.

I would normally agree about the Colts, but they have little to play for and are banged up (I hear TY Hilton might not play next week). The Cowboys will be motivated to cement their spot, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them win that game.

OrangeHoof
12-15-2014, 01:31 PM
People will say this season and last are reasons why the playoffs should be expanded. I think they are reasons NOT to expand because the whole anxiety over going 11-5 and still missing the playoffs adds to the drama.

BroncoWave
12-15-2014, 02:09 PM

Dirty little secret about Indy ... They struggle against good teams. 2-4 against teams with winning records this year. I would give Dallas a really good chance against them.

CoachChaz
12-15-2014, 03:00 PM
Dirty little secret about Indy ... They struggle against good teams. 2-4 against teams with winning records this year. I would give Dallas a really good chance against them.

Dallas isnt exactly astonishingly better at 3-3 against teams with winning records. Considering I'm forced to watch them every week, I just dont see how they are even in a playoff picture. So, I guess I'm a little jaded.

Poet
12-15-2014, 03:43 PM
Dallas isnt exactly astonishingly better at 3-3 against teams with winning records. Considering I'm forced to watch them every week, I just dont see how they are even in a playoff picture. So, I guess I'm a little jaded.

I think you're being a little too harsh on them. Dez Bryant is a stud WR, Murray is having his huge outlier season, Romo has long since been a very good QB, and Jason Witten is still a top flight TE. Their offensive line has been superb, and their defense is no longer god awful. They are a playoff caliber team -not in the NFC South sense- to me.

tripp
12-15-2014, 03:52 PM
I think you're being a little too harsh on them. Dez Bryant is a stud WR, Murray is having his huge outlier season, Romo has long since been a very good QB, and Jason Witten is still a top flight TE. Their offensive line has been superb, and their defense is no longer god awful. They are a playoff caliber team -not in the NFC South sense- to me.

Demarco Murray broke his hand and has gone into surgery today to fix it, although he's not considered ruled out for Sunday, but I cannot imagine how effective he will be against the Colts considering they'd need him ready to go for the Playoffs.

BroncoJoe
12-15-2014, 05:28 PM
I dont know who arizona plays but I do not see them winning either of their next two games. They have no offense especially now that they are on their 3rd string rookie QB. Arizona is done.

The top two teams are the hawks and packers. The packers can beat the hawks easily imo. Packers will rep the nfc in super bowl. (my early season prediction was broncos vs pack in superbowl)....Id rather not face the pack. They look real tough, but like pot roast said. Bring them on. Only team I do not want to face is the pats. They seem like the best team in the NFL to me right now. I hate saying it too. I hate them so much. I just hope we get lucky and they go 1 and done in the playoffs this year.

I hope your arm/shoulder is fully healed. You may need another surgery with all this back-patting.

VonDoom
12-15-2014, 05:30 PM

That was my SB pick as well (homer glasses - on!) and I'd rather play GB than Seattle at this point. I have no desire to go to Foxboro, though that's likely to happen, but re-living that nightmare SB in a Seattle rematch would not be easy to watch.

underrated29
12-15-2014, 06:41 PM
I hope your arm/shoulder is fully healed. You may need another surgery with all this back-patting.

Why thank you Joe.
Back patting for something that is still to be determined in the future, eh? Tough crowd.

#NeverLookAtMyPredictionThreadYourHeadsWillExplode

Magnificent Seven
12-16-2014, 02:02 AM
Here are the AFC playoff scenarios for Week 16:

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

New England can clinch home-field advantage in the AFC playoffs with:
1) NE win + DEN loss

New England can clinch a first-round bye with:
1) NE win
2) NE tie + IND loss or tie
3) IND loss + CIN loss or tie + PIT loss or tie + BAL loss or tie

DENVER BRONCOS

Denver can clinch a first-round bye with:
1) DEN win
2) DEN tie + IND loss or tie

CINCINNATI BENGALS

Cincinnati can clinch the AFC North division title with:
1) CIN win + PIT loss + BAL loss or tie

Cincinnati can clinch a playoff spot with:
1) CIN win
2) CIN tie + BAL loss
3) CIN tie + KC loss or tie + SD loss or tie
4) KC loss + SD loss + BUF loss or tie

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Pittsburgh can clinch a playoff spot with:
1) PIT win

BALTIMORE RAVENS

Baltimore can clinch a playoff spot with:
1) BAL win + PIT loss + CIN loss
2) BAL win + KC loss or tie + SD loss or tie
3) BAL tie + KC loss + SD loss + BUF loss or tie

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24889976/nfl-playoff-picture-week-16-scenarios-11-teams-can-tie-up-bids

CoachChaz
12-16-2014, 10:09 AM

I think they'll make the playoffs simply because other teams schedules play to their benefit, but my money is betting they lose the first game they play. Like I said...I watch them play every week and they just arent as good as their record would indicate. My opinion anyway.

Poet
12-16-2014, 02:06 PM
I think they'll make the playoffs simply because other teams schedules play to their benefit, but my money is betting they lose the first game they play. Like I said...I watch them play every week and they just arent as good as their record would indicate. My opinion anyway.

I feel you.

Hold me.

BroncoWave
12-16-2014, 02:07 PM
Hey king, do you think the Bengals wind up making it into the playoffs?

Poet
12-17-2014, 07:58 PM
Hey king, do you think the Bengals wind up making it into the playoffs?

I think it's pretty likely. One more win almost guarantees it, and they also have a shot at making it in via other teams losing and what not. Cincinnati with Dalton typically plays very well at Pittsburgh. We also have an outside chance against you guys, although I'm not picking us to win.

hamrob
12-17-2014, 09:44 PM
1st round
Cinn at Indy
Balt at Pitt

Byes: NE, DEN

2nd round
Indy at DEN
Balt at NE

AFC Championship
DEN at NE

Superbowl
DEN vs. SEA

Runamok
12-17-2014, 09:50 PM

I may puke after saying this, but more than a couple of Packers' fans expect Dallas to be in the NFCCG.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-17-2014, 11:18 PM
I may puke after saying this, but more than a couple of Packers' fans expect Dallas to be in the NFCCG.

Dallas will only be in the championship game if they get through GB to get there. There's no way they get through Seattle.

Poet
12-17-2014, 11:22 PM
I wonder how tough Arizona will be.

EastCoastBronco
12-18-2014, 09:48 AM
I wonder how tough Arizona will be.

Arizona's D is tough. Offence...not so much.

Cugel
12-18-2014, 04:44 PM
Dallas will only be in the championship game if they get through GB to get there. There's no way they get through Seattle.

That's pretty funny considering the Cowboys already beat them in Seattle 30-23 this season. Is Seattle playing better? Sure. But, the game will probably be played in Dallas. They definitely would have a chance.

underrated29
12-18-2014, 04:52 PM
Arizona could have run the deck with Palmer. Without him and without stanton they are done for. We saw that first hand. Seattle will sadly crush AZ. Dallas is no where near as good as GB imo. I do not believe dallas can beat seattle either. That said I think seattle is extremely overrated right now. They have been playing well no doubt, but their defense is being run on (yes, even with wagner back) and their offense imo is vastly worse. Couple that with the fact that harvin is no longer returning kicks and punts for big yards or tds and they just arent all that tough imo. Who have they played recently that is any good? I do not know is why I am asking....but philly isnt. not with sanchez. who else? Green bay should take out seattle if they meet no problem. NFC is a big joke right now.

VonDoom
12-18-2014, 06:07 PM
Arizona could have run the deck with Palmer. Without him and without stanton they are done for. We saw that first hand. Seattle will sadly crush AZ. Dallas is no where near as good as GB imo. I do not believe dallas can beat seattle either. That said I think seattle is extremely overrated right now. They have been playing well no doubt, but their defense is being run on (yes, even with wagner back) and their offense imo is vastly worse. Couple that with the fact that harvin is no longer returning kicks and punts for big yards or tds and they just arent all that tough imo. Who have they played recently that is any good? I do not know is why I am asking....but philly isnt. not with sanchez. who else? Green bay should take out seattle if they meet no problem. NFC is a big joke right now.

I don't know if the NFC is a "joke" - Seattle is unfortunately great again and GB has the best QB in the game. Still, the NFC will only be relevant to me if we make the Super Bowl. Until then, I don't much care how that side plays out. I'm much more concerned about our own potential opponents

BroncoWave
12-21-2014, 05:18 PM

Well, I called this one. The Colts just beat up on bad teams and struggle against good ones. I see them getting bounced in the first round by either Pit/SD/Cin.

Poet
12-21-2014, 05:50 PM
Well, I called this one. The Colts just beat up on bad teams and struggle against good ones. I see them getting bounced in the first round by either Pit/SD/Cin.

I want no part of Indy...or anyone in the playoffs except SD.

BroncoWave
12-21-2014, 06:00 PM
I want no part of Indy...or anyone in the playoffs except SD.

I would love to get Indy. Overall, though, I would be really surprised if Denver or New England fall to any of these AFC teams before the AFCCG. Pitt is the one who would worry me the most of the bunch right now. That's who I'm scared we will get in round 2.

Poet
12-21-2014, 06:06 PM
I would love to get Indy. Overall, though, I would be really surprised if Denver or New England fall to any of these AFC teams before the AFCCG. Pitt is the one who would worry me the most of the bunch right now. That's who I'm scared we will get in round 2.

Pitt is a SB contender and I would pick them to beat Denver and they might be able to edge NE. Regardless, Indy pasted us earlier pretty badly.

BroncoWave
12-21-2014, 06:07 PM
Another dirty little secret...Andrew Luck is kind of a turnover machine. He's second in the NFL in turnovers behind only Jay Cutler. It seems like most people have already anointed him as the next great QB, and he is really talented, but he turns the ball over a lot.

BroncoWave
12-21-2014, 06:08 PM
Pitt is a SB contender and I would pick them to beat Denver and they might be able to edge NE. Regardless, Indy pasted us earlier pretty badly.

Well that's because you guys suck even worse. ;)

Poet
12-21-2014, 06:10 PM
Well that's because you guys suck even worse. ;)

To be fair, if we played in the playoffs, we'd beat Denver too. Denver is going out against the first team they play.

VonDoom
12-21-2014, 06:27 PM

Yeah, just one more problem with the two seed at this point. Indy will probably fall to four and get eaten up by the Pats as we have to take on the Steelers

Poet
12-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Yeah, just one more problem with the two seed at this point. Indy will probably fall to four and get eaten up by the Pats as we have to take on the Steelers

I wish you well against the hated Steelers.

7DnBrnc53
12-21-2014, 07:40 PM
To be fair, if we played in the playoffs, we'd beat Denver too. Denver is going out against the first team they play.

You sure about that? I don't think so.

I think that the Broncos have to focus on the 2 now. Just beat Cincy and worry about health for the playoffs. Buffalo isn't beating NE. They can't even beat the Raiders.

Poet
12-21-2014, 07:42 PM
You sure about that? I don't think so.

I think that the Broncos have to focus on the 2 now. Just beat Cincy and worry about health for the playoffs. Buffalo isn't beating NE. They can't even beat the Raiders.

Yeah, you guys are going to get rolled. Your defense is vastly overrated and your offense is still scary, but there's something about a slow moving Manning in cold weather that just isn't scary come playoffs time. Imagine playing Pittsburgh - Talib and Harris aren't going to cover Brown for shit and Bell is going to ******* rape you guys sideways.

7DnBrnc53
12-21-2014, 07:48 PM
Yeah, you guys are going to get rolled. Your defense is vastly overrated and your offense is still scary, but there's something about a slow moving Manning in cold weather that just isn't scary come playoffs time. Imagine playing Pittsburgh - Talib and Harris aren't going to cover Brown for shit and Bell is going to ******* rape you guys sideways.

I don't think so. You need to put down the fantasy.

Poet
12-21-2014, 07:53 PM

Not much fantasy to it. There's not much of a reason to trust Denver to win a SB. You guys don't have it. Look at the best teams from the NFC - The Packers would kill you. The Seahawks defense is fixed and you guys lost to them the last time anyway, there's no reason to expect a win. You're clearly worse than NE, Pittsburgh is a tough matchup as well.

I'm just saying this to help you brace for the reality. I've been on here after the postseason losses for Denver. You guys take it hard. I'm here for you.

DenBronx
12-21-2014, 08:31 PM
Im not buying that Pitt or the Bengals are a better team than Denver, even in their backyard.

NE, GB and Sea I will buy but those are the only teams.

Poet
12-21-2014, 08:33 PM
Who said better, lol? That's not how playoff games go.

underrated29
12-21-2014, 08:36 PM
You can't be serious King. Pitts would not stand a chance against us. I agree our defense is not nearly as good as some make it out to be nor is it as good as it should be considering the talent. That said our defense is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Pitts and our offense is just as good. Can be better but I won't say that.

Pitts would not be able to stop us. We would be able to stop them a time or two.

Our biggest problems are stale predictable play calling on offense (always run on first down, always run out of the extra OL formation, never a PAP). And on defense we play to much zone and do not blitz enough. Not aggressive enough.

Pitts can hang with us in offense, not defense.
Balt can out do us on defense but they cannot hang on offense.
Cincy (remains to be seen- for now it looks like you cannot hang on offense rather equal on defense)
Indy- capable on offense but not playing like it. Defense is not even close.

Pats- only team who can hang on offense and defense. They played us when we had OLine problems (cornik and Clark) on the line and inability to run the ball. We have fixed those issues which will make the game closer

Seattle- had we won the overtime toss that could be a win (when we had the same OLine problems against new england)

Shazam!
12-21-2014, 08:37 PM

Not much fantasy to it. There's not much of a reason to trust Denver to win a SB. You guys don't have it. Look at the best teams from the NFC - The Packers would kill you. The Seahawks defense is fixed and you guys lost to them the last time anyway, there's no reason to expect a win. You're clearly worse than NE, Pittsburgh is a tough matchup as well.

I'm just saying this to help you brace for the reality. I've been on here after the postseason losses for Denver. You guys take it hard. I'm here for you.

He's right...

Poet
12-21-2014, 08:39 PM
UR clearly does not understand what an Antonio Brown and L. Bell are. The Steelers have one of the best coaches in the game. You think that they're going to be psyched out against playing in Denver? Sure, a weakened Manning is good enough to beat the likes of Cincinnati in the regular season, but come on, that's just not the same thing.

Timmy!
12-21-2014, 09:20 PM
King is master trolling tonight....and the fish are biting.

underrated29
12-21-2014, 09:24 PM
UR clearly does not understand what an Antonio Brown and L. Bell are. The Steelers have one of the best coaches in the game. You think that they're going to be psyched out against playing in Denver? Sure, a weakened Manning is good enough to beat the likes of Cincinnati in the regular season, but come on, that's just not the same thing.

Tell me my friend how are bell and brown and their superior coach doing standing wise? Have they played better or worse teams then us, yet they are still behind us in the standings.

Fact is, their offense is the ONLY thing carrying their team. Their defense blows!! They barely snuck past KC. Brown and bell each had a TD. That's it. Bells was a 1 yard run. 14pts from those guys. I know they have other players who have scored but tell me how can their defense stop us?

Why is manning weakend btw? Because he has thrown 1 Td in the past two games?

Does tha mean Rogers is weakend too? How about big ben. How many has he thrown the last two games? 2? 3?.....one more then Peyton, against weaker teams?

Poet
12-21-2014, 09:30 PM
Tell me my friend how are bell and brown and their superior coach doing standing wise? Have they played better or worse teams then us, yet they are still behind us in the standings.

Fact is, their offense is the ONLY thing carrying their team. Their defense blows!! They barely snuck past KC. Brown and bell each had a TD. That's it. Bells was a 1 yard run. 14pts from those guys. I know they have other players who have scored but tell me how can their defense stop us?

Why is manning weakend btw? Because he has thrown 1 Td in the past two games?

Does tha mean Rogers is weakend too? How about big ben. How many has he thrown the last two games? 2? 3?.....one more then Peyton, against weaker teams?

In the playoffs the standings argument dies like the wind. Don't believe me, how often do the number one seeds win the SB/send both number one seeds to the SB? That's simply an invalid way to look at it.

How is Manning weakened? Well, gee, I don't know, that thigh injury didn't do him any favors, he hasn't looked like his old self the past several weeks either, and to top it all off, he's listed questionable right now by a head coach who isn't known to pull a 'Belichek' or a 'Shanahan' and toy with the injury report.

Poet
12-21-2014, 09:31 PM
Oh, and that Pittsburgh pass rush is starting to heat it up and your offensive line is not good. Manning is superb and getting rid of the ball, but that can only do so much. He is doomed.

underrated29
12-21-2014, 09:36 PM
Now I know you are not serious. I should have read the previous page.

Poet
12-21-2014, 09:37 PM
Real Talk - you guys are going to get shit on in the playoffs. Denver is a very weak team mentally. You are not meant for greatness.

underrated29
12-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Real Talk - you guys are going to get shit on in the playoffs. Denver is a very weak team mentally. You are not meant for greatness.

Real talk....who beats us? By how much?

Have you seen how many redzone attempts we have had that have been field goals and not Tds? That's not going to last. You know it. We know it.

Timmy!
12-21-2014, 09:50 PM
:pop2:

DenBronx
12-21-2014, 09:55 PM
Up until this very thread I hadnt even thought the Bengals were relevant. Still don't. They suck. They're overrated. Their coach blows games. Not clutch. Never even get to AFCC games. Their fire crotch QB isnt even better than Ryan Tannehill, Joe Flacco, Eli Manning or Big Ben, he's not elite in anyway shape or form. Not to mention they have some of the worst unis in the NFL.

Hadnt even thought about em. We will blow them out.

Poet
12-21-2014, 10:09 PM
Lol at me getting under Bronx's skin. That was fun.

UR, if you play Pittsburgh or NE you will lose. Probably by 7-13 points if it's NE, and 3-7 if it's Pitt.

BroncoWave
12-21-2014, 10:19 PM
Hey King, did you see the Bengals got flexed to Sunday night next week? So Dalton now gets two night games at the end of the year to try to secure a playoff spot. Have fun with that, buddy!

Poet
12-21-2014, 10:20 PM
It'll be like my team was like yours in the SB, except not as crushing, and I won't be nearly as sad as someone people on this site. Just remember that I'll be here for you guys after your inevitable Manning fueled letdown.

tripp
12-21-2014, 10:22 PM
SD in the playoffs with the Ravens loss to the Texans?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-21-2014, 10:36 PM

UR, if you play Pittsburgh or NE you will lose. Probably by 7-13 points if it's NE, and 3-7 if it's Pitt.
Pittsburgh doesn't have the D to win in Denver, but I agree the Broncos won't win in NE.

It'll be like my team was like yours in the SB, except not as crushing, and I won't be nearly as sad as someone people on this site. Just remember that I'll be here for you guys after your inevitable Manning fueled letdown.

You sound like a man (or woman) who has accepted losing. That must be what educated Raiders fans sound like.

I will say, you are doing a nice bit of trolling. I've never seen you like this. You must be trying to mask the pain of your team's tremendous suckiness.

underrated29
12-21-2014, 10:52 PM

Pitts, name your stakes.

Poet
12-21-2014, 10:58 PM
Pitts, name your stakes.

If I'm right, you send me a pic of your girlfriend's boobs. If you win, you get a picture of your girlfriend's boobs.

underrated29
12-21-2014, 11:01 PM
If I'm right, you send me a pic of your girlfriend's boobs. If you win, you get a picture of your girlfriend's boobs.

Tempting...very tempting offer.
Throw in a pic of your boobs too

Poet
12-21-2014, 11:02 PM
Tempting...very tempting offer.
Throw in a pic of your boobs too

They're so hairy you can't even see the nipples.

A sig bet straight up with no points. Denver vs. Pittsburgh. You take Denver, I take Pitt. That's the offer.

underrated29
12-21-2014, 11:03 PM
Ps- for their place this week I'll win $700. I'm up by 1.2 pts and have Aj green left and opponent has Julius Thomas. Tomorrow I will be on your side hoping aj has a baller game and Julius doesn't not score. Broncos still win tho.

I have a bad feeling Julius gets 3tds tho. And its strong. Not good for my wallets sake

underrated29
12-21-2014, 11:03 PM
They're so hairy you can't even see the nipples.

A sig bet straight up with no points. Denver vs. Pittsburgh. You take Denver, I take Pitt. That's the offer.

Done!

What if denver doesn't play Pitts?

Poet
12-21-2014, 11:04 PM
Done!

What if denver doesn't play Pitts?

Then we'll play it by ear.

OrangeHoof
12-22-2014, 12:53 AM
This thread if running off the rails - FAST.

Back to reality. The Steelers will be the #3 seed and play Denver #2 unless something unusual happens. It might even be better for Denver to lie down Monday night against Cincy. Here's why:

Denver can't get the #1 seed unless NE loses at home to Buffalo. Denver can't *miss* the #2 seed unless they lose to both Cincy and Oakland while Cincy beats Pittsburgh next week. If that happens, Cincy gets the #2 seed based on better record (11-4-1 vs 11-5).

But Pittsburgh is in a better chance to win their division over Cincy because if Pittsburgh beats Cincy at home next Sunday night, they win the division regardless of whether the Bengals beat Denver or not. They would get the #3 seed because they have the head-to-head tie-breaker with Indy.

IOW, for Denver to be the #2 seed, and Pittsburgh to be the #3 seed, all that has to happen is Denver to beat Oakland and Pittsburgh to beat Cincy and it's pretty much cast in stone.

What Indy or SD does is irrelevant here.

The top four seeds are almost set already - #1 NE, #2 DEN, #3 PIT, #4 IND.

If Cincinnati loses their last two games, they could still be eliminated only if San Diego beats KC and Baltimore beats Cleveland.

If SD beats KC, they're in.
If Baltimore beats Cleveland and KC beats SD, the Ravens are in.

If the Texans beat the Jaguars and both SD and Baltimore lose, Houston (!!!) gets the 6th seed.
If KC beats the Chargers while the Ravens and Texans both lose, KC gets the 6th seed.

So, as it stands, regardless of the Cincy-Denver outcome, the likeliest scenario by far is Cincy @ Indy and SD/Balt/Hou/KC at Pitt. Then Indy at NE and Pitt at Denver. Yeah, I know, it sucks.

If Denver wins, they clinch the #2 seed, still have a chance at the #1 seed if Buffalo beats NE and get a first-round bye either way. But if they lose and then beat Oakland and Cincy wins at Pittsburgh, Cincy becomes the #3 seed and Pittsburgh the #5 seed so Pitt plays at Indy and the winner gets NE while Denver gets the #6/Cincy winner in Denver.

7DnBrnc53
12-22-2014, 01:00 AM
That King guy is just trolling. I will wait until after the playoffs to respond when we win.

Poet
12-22-2014, 01:04 AM
How do you place confidence in a choke-artist QB and an overrated defense? Is it just because you guys are really good you feel the need to believe that Denver is the truth?

CrazyHorse
12-22-2014, 03:21 AM
How do you place confidence in a choke-artist QB and an overrated defense? Is it just because you guys are really good you feel the need to believe that Denver is the truth?

Dalton and the Bengal's D?

Poet
12-22-2014, 03:27 AM
Dalton and the Bengal's D?

We're playing each other in the SB?

CrazyHorse
12-22-2014, 03:37 AM
We're playing each other in the SB?

I dunno. Wasn't following the whole thread. I just hope the Bills and Rams win next week. I hate the thought of a Patriots-Shecawks Super Bowl.

Valar Morghulis
12-22-2014, 03:44 AM
Who said better, lol? That's not how playoff games go.

So true.

7DnBrnc53
12-22-2014, 03:49 AM

Go get help.

Poet
12-22-2014, 03:52 AM
Go get help.

Is your QB a choke artist? Yes. Is your defense overrated? Yes. I then asked a question.

Why do you hate facts and logic?

Valar Morghulis
12-22-2014, 04:03 AM
Is your QB a choke artist? Yes. Is your defense overrated? Yes. I then asked a question.

Why do you hate facts and logic?

Logic. Mr Wittegstein might suggest your preferred reality is interfering with facts and logic of this reality.

I don't believe manning is a choke artist - but I can see the argument for it.

Our D is far from over rated. The facts and stats support this in almost every measured variable.

Poet
12-22-2014, 04:08 AM
Logic. Mr Wittegstein might suggest your preferred reality is interfering with facts and logic of this reality.

I don't believe manning is a choke artist - but I can see the argument for it.

Our D is far from over rated. The facts and stats support this in almost every measured variable.

We all watched the Dolphins and the Patriots play you. You guys didn't exactly stonewall Indy, either. You're boys have been running into some soft offenses this year. Tsk. Tsk. Debord would tell you that you're seeing the Denver defense as a spectacle.

Valar Morghulis
12-22-2014, 04:22 AM
We all watched the Dolphins and the Patriots play you. You guys didn't exactly stonewall Indy, either. You're boys have been running into some soft offenses this year. Tsk. Tsk. Debord would tell you that you're seeing the Denver defense as a spectacle.

Ahhh, the anecdotal response, no greater form of faulty logic out there! convince me with empiricism.

Nomad
12-22-2014, 09:52 AM
This thread if running off the rails - FAST.

Back to reality. The Steelers will be the #3 seed and play Denver #2 unless something unusual happens. It might even be better for Denver to lie down Monday night against Cincy. Here's why:

Denver can't get the #1 seed unless NE loses at home to Buffalo. Denver can't *miss* the #2 seed unless they lose to both Cincy and Oakland while Cincy beats Pittsburgh next week. If that happens, Cincy gets the #2 seed based on better record (11-4-1 vs 11-5).

But Pittsburgh is in a better chance to win their division over Cincy because if Pittsburgh beats Cincy at home next Sunday night, they win the division regardless of whether the Bengals beat Denver or not. They would get the #3 seed because they have the head-to-head tie-breaker with Indy.

IOW, for Denver to be the #2 seed, and Pittsburgh to be the #3 seed, all that has to happen is Denver to beat Oakland and Pittsburgh to beat Cincy and it's pretty much cast in stone.

What Indy or SD does is irrelevant here.

The top four seeds are almost set already - #1 NE, #2 DEN, #3 PIT, #4 IND.

If Cincinnati loses their last two games, they could still be eliminated only if San Diego beats KC and Baltimore beats Cleveland.

If SD beats KC, they're in.
If Baltimore beats Cleveland and KC beats SD, the Ravens are in.

If the Texans beat the Jaguars and both SD and Baltimore lose, Houston (!!!) gets the 6th seed.
If KC beats the Chargers while the Ravens and Texans both lose, KC gets the 6th seed.

So, as it stands, regardless of the Cincy-Denver outcome, the likeliest scenario by far is Cincy @ Indy and SD/Balt/Hou/KC at Pitt. Then Indy at NE and Pitt at Denver. Yeah, I know, it sucks.

If Denver wins, they clinch the #2 seed, still have a chance at the #1 seed if Buffalo beats NE and get a first-round bye either way. But if they lose and then beat Oakland and Cincy wins at Pittsburgh, Cincy becomes the #3 seed and Pittsburgh the #5 seed so Pitt plays at Indy and the winner gets NE while Denver gets the #6/Cincy winner in Denver.

You put a lot of thought into this. :lol:

OrangeHoof
12-22-2014, 11:34 AM

Primarily to prove that tonight's game largely does not matter. And, if we'd rather host Cincy in the second round instead of Pittsburgh and their refs, it actually helps for us to lose.

Of course, if we lose, then New England clinches the #1 seed but catching them has been a pipe dream for weeks unless you think Kyle Orton can beat Tom Brady.

tripp
12-22-2014, 11:36 AM

He has a point. I came to the same conclusion this morning when I was looking at the Playoff picture. My concern isn't who we play in the AFC divisional round, it's WHO the Patriots play in their game. Obviously I want the toughest match up possible for them, and I feel that is Pittsburgh. In order for that to happen, like Orangehoof said, Cinci needs to win the next two games left on their schedule to win their division, making Pittsburgh 5th seed. Although we may end up playing Pittsburgh regardless because I could see Chargers beating Cinci again like they did last year.

Looking at all the possible situations can be a bit mind boggling, I think the best thing to do is win out, and see what happens.

tripp
12-22-2014, 11:38 AM
Primarily to prove that tonight's game largely does not matter. And, if we'd rather host Cincy in the second round instead of Pittsburgh and their refs, it actually helps for us to lose.

Of course, if we lose, then New England clinches the #1 seed but catching them has been a pipe dream for weeks unless you think Kyle Orton can beat Tom Brady.

No but I do think their Defense can beat Tom Brady. Sucks that it's in Foxboro though.

Nomad
12-22-2014, 11:41 AM
Only thing BRONCOS need to worry about is getting the W, whether it's at home or in NE.

Not sure why so many are scared to go to NE, I welcome it because I know when the BRONCOS beat the Patriots there, they'll win the SB as well.

MasterShake
12-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Only thing BRONCOS need to worry about is getting the W, whether it's at home or in NE.

Not sure why so many are scared to go to NE, I welcome it because I know when the BRONCOS beat the Patriots there, they'll win the SB as well.

Exactly. If you can't beat New England in Foxboro you sure as hell don't have a chance against the NFC team in the Super Bowl at that point. Lets just let things play out and enjoy the ride, lord only knows after Manning leaves how many 13-3 and 2nd seed seasons we will be having the next few years (or decades)....

VonDoom
12-22-2014, 12:16 PM
He has a point. I came to the same conclusion this morning when I was looking at the Playoff picture. My concern isn't who we play in the AFC divisional round, it's WHO the Patriots play in their game. Obviously I want the toughest match up possible for them, and I feel that is Pittsburgh. In order for that to happen, like Orangehoof said, Cinci needs to win the next two games left on their schedule to win their division, making Pittsburgh 5th seed. Although we may end up playing Pittsburgh regardless because I could see Chargers beating Cinci again like they did last year.

Looking at all the possible situations can be a bit mind boggling, I think the best thing to do is win out, and see what happens.

It's likely that Pitt will be the 3 seed, which puts them in our backyard in the divisional round, assuming all else is equal (which is hard to assume in the NFL). But the Bengals don't have to win their last two - they can lose to us, and still win the division next week (which would probably put them at the 4 seed and the Colts at the 3, but let's not get ahead of ourselves).

Pitt would be difficult, but my favorite scenario might be the Ravens getting in at the 6 seed, then playing at Pitt on wild card weekend. First, I love that game between two teams that hate each other. And second, if the Ravens win, they would play at Foxboro in the divisional round, where they have had some success over the last few years.

BroncoWave
12-22-2014, 12:57 PM
It's likely that Pitt will be the 3 seed, which puts them in our backyard in the divisional round, assuming all else is equal (which is hard to assume in the NFL). But the Bengals don't have to win their last two - they can lose to us, and still win the division next week (which would probably put them at the 4 seed and the Colts at the 3, but let's not get ahead of ourselves).

Pitt would be difficult, but my favorite scenario might be the Ravens getting in at the 6 seed, then playing at Pitt on wild card weekend. First, I love that game between two teams that hate each other. And second, if the Ravens win, they would play at Foxboro in the divisional round, where they have had some success over the last few years.

If we host Baltimore in the afccg and lost to them again, there would be a mass suicide on this board lol. And if it were because of Moore again, he'd have to go into witness protection.

tripp
12-22-2014, 03:03 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Ravens in the playoffs, but after watching Flacco against Houston, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Nor should Indy after they get molested by Dallas. That must be discouraging for Colts fans.

VonDoom
12-22-2014, 03:37 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Ravens in the playoffs, but after watching Flacco against Houston, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Nor should Indy after they get molested by Dallas. That must be discouraging for Colts fans.

I've kind of changed my way of thinking about teams like that. We basically have the upper echelon of NFL teams each year (of which we are one this year - I think you can probably guess the others) and then you have the next tier, which include the Colts, Ravens, Steelers, etc. These aren't BAD teams, but they're teams that are likely to be more inconsistent on a week to week basis than the top teams. Top teams, you can expect a good effort every week and probably a win; the next tier? One week they can beat anyone, and the next week they look like they don't belong on the field. But in the playoffs, all it takes is one game, one hot streak, and they can be very dangerous. That's the position we're in now - us and the Patriots SHOULD be meeting in the AFCCG, but nothing is guaranteed and we still have to play the games.

7DnBrnc53
12-22-2014, 03:44 PM
If we host Baltimore in the afccg and lost to them again, there would be a mass suicide on this board lol. And if it were because of Moore again, he'd have to go into witness protection.

Also, you forgot a few more things:

1. Fire Fox and Del Rio immediately after the game. Bring in Dennis Allen (if available) as DC, and go on a HC search.
2. I would also be tempted to encourage Manning to retire and move on without him.

Poet
12-22-2014, 03:48 PM
Ahhh, the anecdotal response, no greater form of faulty logic out there! convince me with empiricism.

Well you can look at the offensive capabilities of the teams you have played, which is not strong.

7DnBrnc53
12-22-2014, 03:49 PM
Well you can look at the offensive capabilities of the teams you have played, which is not strong.

Just keep talking, pal. We'll see in a month or so.

tripp
12-22-2014, 03:50 PM
Also, you forgot a few more things:

1. Fire Fox and Del Rio immediately after the game. Bring in Dennis Allen (if available) as DC, and go on a HC search.
2. I would also be tempted to encourage Manning to retire and move on without him.

#1: Yes

#2: No

If I have to watch a QB like Lindley play for the Broncos, I think a piece of me would die.

Poet
12-22-2014, 03:50 PM
Just keep talking, pal. We'll see in a month or so.

Maybe you guys can get a trade exemption and swap QB's with New England.

MOtorboat
12-22-2014, 04:09 PM
Maybe you guys can get a trade exemption and swap QB's with New England.

Is that how Denver won that game last year?

Your shit is really weak in this thread. The "overrated" argument is always silly. Your boys need a win tonight.

Poet
12-22-2014, 04:12 PM
Is that how Denver won that game last year?

Your shit is really weak in this thread. The "overrated" argument is always silly. Your boys need a win tonight.

You won based on The Fearless Brady being chained to the ground with an awful team. Right now the GOAT only has one real weapon in Gronk and he is dominating. Hail Brady, Lord of Victory and Morality.

MOtorboat
12-22-2014, 04:17 PM
You won based on The Fearless Brady being chained to the ground with an awful team. Right now the GOAT only has one real weapon in Gronk and he is dominating. Hail Brady, Lord of Victory and Morality.

Oh. OK. Well you got me. :rolleyes:

Poet
12-22-2014, 04:20 PM
That's right I ******* did you sawed off little shit. Boom. pwnt. pwnage. in yo face. bitch.

MOtorboat
12-22-2014, 04:52 PM
That's right I ******* did you sawed off little shit. Boom. pwnt. pwnage. in yo face. bitch.

http://www.rantsports.com/fantasy/files/2013/08/Andy-Dalton2.jpg

Poet
12-22-2014, 05:15 PM
Look into the eyes of your killer.

MOtorboat
12-22-2014, 05:19 PM

I like how the drapes match the decor.

Poet
12-22-2014, 05:23 PM
I like how the drapes match the decor.

No one cares about your ginger pubes.

MOtorboat
12-22-2014, 05:31 PM

No one cares about your ginger pubes.

Tebow > Dalton.

He won a playoff game with his Jesus powers. Dalton used his ginger powers and all Cincinnati got was a bunch of ******* Big Red Chewing gum.

Dalton is mentally weak when the lights shine the brightest. I have consigned myself to losing every MNF/SNF/TNF game with him, as well as losing the playoffs because of him. Cutler has a playoff win. Dalton is red.

Poet
12-22-2014, 05:35 PM
Cognitive Dissonance is a bitch. I just can't help but hate and love Dalton, and you Bronco fans are soft and you need the abuse.

MOtorboat
12-22-2014, 05:38 PM
Cognitive Dissonance is a bitch. I just can't help but hate and love Dalton, and you Bronco fans are soft and you need the abuse.

Hey King, when was the last time the Bengals won a playoff game?

Poet
12-22-2014, 05:39 PM
Hey King, when was the last time the Bengals won a playoff game?

Around the same time people last looked at you and thought you were cute.

/killedhimwiththatone

MOtorboat
12-22-2014, 05:51 PM
Around the same time people last looked at you and thought you were cute.

/killedhimwiththatone

Joel > King87

Poet
12-22-2014, 05:56 PM
Joel > King87

Tom Brady > John Elway.

Cleveland Rocks > Mo.

MOtorboat
12-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Love me some Cleveland Rocks.

Poet
12-22-2014, 06:00 PM
Love me some Cleveland Rocks.

He was a tool. To be fair, though, Joel usually raped you in football debates. You lacking a certain eloquence and grace, which manifested as he continually smashed you with the utmost of repetition. It was embarrassing.

MOtorboat
12-22-2014, 06:01 PM
He was a tool. To be fair, though, Joel usually raped you in football debates. You lacking a certain eloquence and grace, which manifested as he continually smashed you with the utmost of repetition. It was embarrassing.

Good thing I know you're a lying scumbag.

Poet
12-22-2014, 06:03 PM
Good thing I know you're a lying scumbag.

How am I a liar? Scumbug? Really, Moseph?

MOtorboat
12-22-2014, 06:04 PM
How am I a liar? Scumbug? Really, Moseph?

Your last post was a lie. That makes you a scumbag.

Facts.

Boom. Pwned. Roasted.

Poet
12-22-2014, 06:06 PM
Liars aren't scumbug: Denver fans say Elway is the best ever, which is obviously not true - but you're not scumbags. Joel did rape you, scrub.

#styledonKingstyle

MOtorboat
12-22-2014, 06:12 PM
Liars aren't scumbug: Denver fans say Elway is the best ever, which is obviously not true - but you're not scumbags. Joel did rape you, scrub.

#styledonKingstyle

Your arguments are devoid of anything factual or logical.

Poet
12-22-2014, 06:16 PM
Your arguments are devoid of anything factual or logical.

They are far more honest than yours. You live your life within a narrative. I have surpassed your lesser existence. I am an avatar of logic.

MOtorboat
12-22-2014, 06:26 PM
They are far more honest than yours. You live your life within a narrative. I have surpassed your lesser existence. I am an avatar of logic.

At least I didn't lose to T.J. Yates.

Poet
12-22-2014, 06:36 PM
We lost to Arian Foster and ******* Andy Dalton.

MOtorboat
12-22-2014, 06:41 PM
We lost to Arian Foster and ******* Andy Dalton.

http://rhymeswithright.mu.nu/archives/images/8cc77c64f9c34305b55f247baef45d7a-getty-135508312%5B1%5D.jpg

Poet
12-22-2014, 06:42 PM
Mo, that's not an Andy Dalton or an Arian Foster.

MOtorboat
12-22-2014, 06:43 PM
Mo, that's not an Andy Dalton or an Arian Foster.

Thats a T.J. Yates. Facts.

Poet
12-22-2014, 06:44 PM
It's like watching a dog take a shit outside and then trot around it gleefully.

MOtorboat
12-22-2014, 06:45 PM
It's like watching a dog take a shit outside and then trot around it gleefully.

Commentary on your own posts, now?

Poet
12-22-2014, 06:46 PM
Commentary on your own posts, now?

I know you are but what am I - classic Mo. Classic. Mo. Classic. Mo. Claaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasic. Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

DenBronx
12-22-2014, 07:03 PM
What happened to Joel? Banned?

tripp
12-22-2014, 07:16 PM
What happened to Joel? Banned?

I haven't seen him in here for weeks.

Pudge
12-22-2014, 11:56 PM

You jinxed us

NightTrainLayne
12-23-2014, 01:19 PM

Haven't checked in on this thread since last week, and just read this post right now.

Not picking on you Chaz. . .I would have agreed with you at the time. What a surprise that Dallas game was, at home for them no less!

Nomad
12-23-2014, 05:33 PM
If the BRONCOS would lose to the Raiders (BRONCO Nation would have a complete meltdown:lol: ), would the BRONCOS be a wildcard team?

Valar Morghulis
12-23-2014, 05:33 PM
Only if Cinci win - i think

Buff
12-23-2014, 05:36 PM
If the BRONCOS would lose to the Raiders (BRONCO Nation would have a complete meltdown:lol: ), would the BRONCOS be a wildcard team?

No, we already clinched the division last week. So the lowest we could fall would be to the #4 seed. But we'd be playing on wildcard weekend then obviously.

BroncoWave
12-23-2014, 05:37 PM
No, we already clinched the division last week. So the lowest we could fall would be to the #4 seed. But we'd be playing on wildcard weekend then obviously.

Only if the Bengals win. If they lose to Pitt, we are the 2 seed regardless. Too bad that game got flexed.

Nomad
12-23-2014, 05:39 PM
Only if the Bengals win. If they lose to Pitt, we are the 2 seed regardless. Too bad that game got flexed.

Go Steelers!

Buff
12-23-2014, 05:40 PM

Go Steelers!

BroncoWave
12-23-2014, 05:40 PM
Also, we can't fall to 4. Indy can't pass us.

BroncoWave
12-23-2014, 05:41 PM
Go Steelers!

As long as we beat Oakland we get the bye regardless. If it comes down to needing a Pitt win, we have way bigger problems.

Buff
12-23-2014, 05:41 PM
Also, we can't fall to 4. Indy can't pass us.

Good point, I think we'd have the same conference record if we lost to Oakland, and have the H2H against them. Assuming those are the two tiebreakers in play.

Nomad
12-23-2014, 05:42 PM
As long as we beat Oakland we get the bye regardless. If it comes down to needing a Pitt win, we have way bigger problems.

I agree. If the BRONCOS somehow lose to the Raiders, they are in trouble. Im in trouble because my head would explode:lol:

BroncoWave
12-23-2014, 05:43 PM
Assuming we beat Oakland, I'm rooting for cincy in that game. I'd rather cincy be the 3 seed than Pitt, because that would be our likely round 2 opponent. Pitt scares me.

VonDoom
12-23-2014, 05:52 PM
Assuming we beat Oakland, I'm rooting for cincy in that game. I'd rather cincy be the 3 seed than Pitt, because that would be our likely round 2 opponent. Pitt scares me.

Exactly what I was going to say. Ideally I'd want Cincy at 3, Indy at 4, Pitt at 5 and Baltimore at 6. If the Ravens win, they'd go to Foxboro. If the Bengals won, we'd get a shot at revenge

Nomad
12-23-2014, 06:06 PM

If BRONCOS can't beat Pitt in Denver, how do we expect them to remotely compete with the Patriots at Foxboro or the top tier NFC teams?

OrangeHoof
12-24-2014, 07:57 AM
If BRONCOS can't beat Pitt in Denver, how do we expect them to remotely compete with the Patriots at Foxboro or the top tier NFC teams?

Will you just shut up about this strawman argument please? There's NOTHING wrong with rooting for the most advantageous path through the playoffs. If there's a scenario where we don't have to win in Foxboro, I'm all for it because it improves our odds of reaching and winning the Super Bowl.

Do you think Steeler fans are giving back their SB wins over the Seahawks and Cardinals because it was only against weaker NFC teams? Hell, no. The goal is winning the Super Bowl and if other teams do our dirty work for us, it doesn't mean we get a smaller Lombardi Trophy or the league passes out cheaper Super Bowl rings.

Our 1997 playoff run to the Super Bowl was tough because we had to beat KC and Pittsburgh on the road then a heavily-favored Green Bay team in San Diego. They HAD to do it the hard way because they didn't win their own division and were a wild card. But the odds were against it at every step. Last year, we had every playoff game at home except for the Super Bowl which is the privilege of having the best record in the conference.

Enough of this "If we can't beat x, how can we expect to beat y" shit. The goal isn't to win the hardest route to the Super Bowl. The goal is WINNING the Super Bowl.

BroncoWave
12-24-2014, 08:48 AM
Great post, hoof! I've always hated that argument, but never been able to express why very eloquently. There is nothing wrong with rooting for the easiest path through the playoffs.

Nomad
12-24-2014, 10:00 AM
Will you just shut up about this strawman argument please? There's NOTHING wrong with rooting for the most advantageous path through the playoffs. If there's a scenario where we don't have to win in Foxboro, I'm all for it because it improves our odds of reaching and winning the Super Bowl.

Do you think Steeler fans are giving back their SB wins over the Seahawks and Cardinals because it was only against weaker NFC teams? Hell, no. The goal is winning the Super Bowl and if other teams do our dirty work for us, it doesn't mean we get a smaller Lombardi Trophy or the league passes out cheaper Super Bowl rings.

Our 1997 playoff run to the Super Bowl was tough because we had to beat KC and Pittsburgh on the road then a heavily-favored Green Bay team in San Diego. They HAD to do it the hard way because they didn't win their own division and were a wild card. But the odds were against it at every step. Last year, we had every playoff game at home except for the Super Bowl which is the privilege of having the best record in the conference.

Enough of this "If we can't beat x, how can we expect to beat y" shit. The goal isn't to win the hardest route to the Super Bowl. The goal is WINNING the Super Bowl.

Ok.....tough guy:lol:! Why worry about any team then, if the BRONCOS are good enough to win the SB, then they should welcome any opponent.

BroncoJoe
12-24-2014, 10:03 AM
It is what it is... If they play how they're capable, the Broncos can beat any team out there. They've just been so damn inconsistent lately!

BroncoWave
12-24-2014, 10:06 AM
Ok.....tough guy:lol:! Why worry about any team then, if the BRONCOS are good enough to win the SB, then they should welcome any opponent.

What's wrong with rooting for an easier path?

Nomad
12-24-2014, 10:06 AM
It is what it is... If they play how they're capable, the Broncos can beat any team out there. They've just been so damn inconsistent lately!

I just don't think any one team in the playoffs is an easy path. Right now, I would consider the BRONCOS the easy team to beat because of their injuries and inconsistencies.

Nomad
12-24-2014, 10:07 AM
What's wrong with rooting for an easier path?

There is no easy path in the playoffs

BroncoWave
12-24-2014, 10:13 AM

This is the flaw in your logic. You assume since we are rooting for cincy, that means we don't think we can beat Pitt. That's not the case at all. Of course they can beat Pitt. But I think they'd have an easier time beating cincy, hence, that's the matchup I'd rather have.

BroncoWave
12-24-2014, 10:15 AM
There is no easy path in the playoffs

Who said there is? When we say "easy", we don't mean easy win. We mean it's just slightly easier than the alternative. Still difficult, because every nfl game is, but just slightly less so.

Nomad
12-24-2014, 10:18 AM
This is the flaw in your logic. You assume since we are rooting for cincy, that means we don't think we can beat Pitt. That's not the case at all. Of course they can beat Pitt. But I think they'd have an easier time beating cincy, hence, that's the matchup I'd rather have.

So since you don't agree, it's a flaw in logic. Why do you go down this road with everyone you debate with? The BRONCOS have the same chance in beating the Steelers as does the Bengals?

BroncoWave
12-24-2014, 10:27 AM
So since you don't agree, it's a flaw in logic. Why do you go down this road with everyone you debate with? The BRONCOS have the same chance in beating the Steelers as does the Bengals?

No, it is a flaw in logic. You're assuming we don't think Denver can beat Pitt since we'd rather play cincy. No one is saying that.

underrated29
12-24-2014, 11:00 AM
The offense is fixed guys. We just need Marshall back healthy and TJ ward back healthy. All of our worries are on the defense now. Which is exactly where I'd rather they be. This is what we needed come playoff time. We needed the offense back to full strength and running high. It will be there, gase resurrected it right before halftime last week and let it start to warm up after half time.

It's back. Just hope for health in D and we are going to Roll!

Valar Morghulis
12-24-2014, 01:42 PM
The offense is fixed guys.

How so mate?

underrated29
12-24-2014, 02:26 PM
How so mate?

By attacking downfield. Attacking the defense!

What we saw monday night was a culmination of the offenses we have run, all year, all in one half. We started the game with the same stale offense we have been running the last 4-5 weeks. The ground and pound if you will. It became obvious what we would do based on the formations and the bengals were shutting us down. Hard Core! Gase scrapped that for the traditional 11? perosnalle. (the formation where we have 3 wr 1 te and 1 Rb). Gase literally scrapped the last 4-5 weeks offense and went to the spread 11 or whatever it is called. However, that was not working because we were calling the same stale plays we always do out of it. The bubble screen, short out and deep down sidelines. Peyton got picked off when the saftey jumped the route and stole it from JT. THEN- Gase had time for about 2-3 plays. What he did, same 11 formation, was call quick slants to DT. Comeback Routes. Deep middle passes to welker for 10ish yards. He attacked the defense!

As soon as I saw those few plays I was completely shut up from all the trash I had spoken about gase and his play calling. Iknew we were going to get back to what we used to do. No more, fooling the defense on crosses, outs for a short gain and bubble screens. No more. We were going to attack them. I even made a post in gameday thread how wew were going to come out and score a bunch.

And what happened? We came out and atttacked them. A beautiful seem route! A long bomb Post route. Quick slants. Come backs. PA passing. Mid passes to wes 7-10 yards. You saw how we did it. We cam out and scored 3 tds and took the lead. Nothing was stale. The defense had no clue what we were going to run, it was not predictable, I had no clue what we were going to run. John Gruden who was calling the game and calling the plays before we ran them (in the first half) did not know what we were going to run.

Gase went through his full back ogf tricks and plays until he finally found what he was missing (what many of us had been complaining about) Gase is a smart guy, just sometimes a little short sighted or maybe caught in the headlights a tad. (remember its only his 2nd year as an OC) I how complete faith that he has once again found the offense we lacked and will combine it with the ground and pound. We are going to Roll!!

PS- it is of my personal opinion, that the ints (at least the last one for sure) during our offense that was clicking is a result of lack of timing or being on the same page, which stems from (once again IMO) not being practiced very much because we havae been practicing and running the same stale plays. It is also of my opinion, that they will be practicing these quite a bit now that he has seen how effective our offense can be when we keep things fresh and attack the defense and that we will likely be scoring in the 40s for the next 3-4 games. ( I do realize what that means)

underrated29
12-29-2014, 12:24 AM
How so mate?

By attacking downfield. Attacking the defense!

What we saw monday night was a culmination of the offenses we have run, all year, all in one half. We started the game with the same stale offense we have been running the last 4-5 weeks. The ground and pound if you will. It became obvious what we would do based on the formations and the bengals were shutting us down. Hard Core! Gase scrapped that for the traditional 11? perosnalle. (the formation where we have 3 wr 1 te and 1 Rb). Gase literally scrapped the last 4-5 weeks offense and went to the spread 11 or whatever it is called. However, that was not working because we were calling the same stale plays we always do out of it. The bubble screen, short out and deep down sidelines. Peyton got picked off when the saftey jumped the route and stole it from JT. THEN- Gase had time for about 2-3 plays. What he did, same 11 formation, was call quick slants to DT. Comeback Routes. Deep middle passes to welker for 10ish yards. He attacked the defense!

As soon as I saw those few plays I was completely shut up from all the trash I had spoken about gase and his play calling. Iknew we were going to get back to what we used to do. No more, fooling the defense on crosses, outs for a short gain and bubble screens. No more. We were going to attack them. I even made a post in gameday thread how wew were going to come out and score a bunch.

And what happened? We came out and atttacked them. A beautiful seem route! A long bomb Post route. Quick slants. Come backs. PA passing. Mid passes to wes 7-10 yards. You saw how we did it. We cam out and scored 3 tds and took the lead. Nothing was stale. The defense had no clue what we were going to run, it was not predictable, I had no clue what we were going to run. John Gruden who was calling the game and calling the plays before we ran them (in the first half) did not know what we were going to run.

Gase went through his full back ogf tricks and plays until he finally found what he was missing (what many of us had been complaining about) Gase is a smart guy, just sometimes a little short sighted or maybe caught in the headlights a tad. (remember its only his 2nd year as an OC) I how complete faith that he has once again found the offense we lacked and will combine it with the ground and pound. We are going to Roll!!

PS- it is of my personal opinion, that the ints (at least the last one for sure) during our offense that was clicking is a result of lack of timing or being on the same page, which stems from (once again IMO) not being practiced very much because we havae been practicing and running the same stale plays. It is also of my opinion, that they will be practicing these quite a bit now that he has seen how effective our offense can be when we keep things fresh and attack the defense and that we will likely be scoring in the 40s for the next 3-4 games. ( I do realize what that means)

One down homie

Poet
12-29-2014, 03:31 AM
UR, if Bell is out for the playoffs our bet is off.

underrated29
12-29-2014, 10:37 AM
UR, if Bell is out for the playoffs our bet is off.

Fair and understandable, although I do maintain we could take them at full strength. Our biggest weakness is OLine. A team like Balt could down us. Their front 7 would destroy manning and our O. Most others should not be able.

OrangeHoof
12-29-2014, 01:22 PM
Zona @ Carolina. Don't be surprised at all if Panthers win this. They are on a roll and the Cardinals have issues with third string QB if Stanton can't go.

Balt @ Pitt. Crips vs Bloods pt XXXVI Hide the women and children. Dirty Harrison is back with the Steelers while Terrell Thuggs is a bit undermanned. The key will be Fucco who isn't playing that well. Steelers and their refs advance.

Detroit @ Dallas. This should be best game of the weekend. Stafford back in his hometown. Two QBs with a history of playoff calamities. Dez Bryant will make the difference. Cowboys advance.

Cincy @ Indy. Two more QBs with spotty postseason histories. Rested Indy will win a close one.

So the seedings will go to form the following weekend. CAR @ SEA, PIT @ DEN, DAL @ GB, IND @ NE. You can pretty well guess the rest: A Brady vs. Wilson Super Bowl.

Nomad
12-29-2014, 01:25 PM
I read this somewhere....

Saturday’s game will be the first postseason matchup between the Steelers and the Ravens since the Steelers beat the Ravens, 31-24, in the 2010 divisional round. They also defeated the Ravens, 23-14, in the 2008 championship game and 27-10 in the 2001 divisional round. This year will make it 4-0. All have been in Pittsburgh.

Timmy!
12-29-2014, 03:48 PM
If Bell can't go, I don't like the Steelers chances against the rat birds.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-29-2014, 08:31 PM
NFL playoffs schedule announced

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000451057/article/nfl-playoffs-schedule-announced