PDA

View Full Version : Denver Tradition re-emerges

Spiritguy
11-25-2014, 03:55 PM
Denver's "Barrel Man" has a resurgence as his sun suits up for the Miami game. Wonder if he'll continue to show up with the barrel or if it's a one time thing. Some good pics and more of the story at the link. ;) Wonder if this had any effect on the outcome of the game?

I wanted to share this storied Bronco's tradition here with you guys, in case it wasn't caught on the news, as the Barrel Man's memory still looms large in our Bronco's community.

We were tailgating this past Sunday and there was a lot of hub-bub around the truck next to us in the parking lot. I asked one of the guys what was going on and they told us that the Barrel Man's son was getting dressed!? What in the world we thought...surely this was a joke? I'm always skeptical of scammers chasing glory in today's celebrity driven days.

But the crew of 4-5 guys with him all looked like straight-shooters, and they started giving us back-stories on the Barrel Man and his son...this was no joke, it was a moment of history flashing in front of our eyes!

We talked to them for awhile, and apparently the Barrel Man told his son that he did *not* want his son going to every game like he did. I'm not sure the exact reasoning for that advice, but he did pass onto his son, a wish that his son suit up "one last time" in his honor.http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/11/25/7282157/the-barrel-mans-son-suits-up-in-dads-honor

dogfish
11-25-2014, 06:49 PM
huh. . . that's kinda cool. . .

underrated29
11-26-2014, 02:54 AM
His name is sunny?

Dapper Dan
11-26-2014, 03:02 AM
I think it would have been fine for anyone to do it, but it's pretty awesome that it's his son doing it.

Timmy!
11-26-2014, 03:14 AM
I could rock a barrel..... :D

tripp
11-26-2014, 10:06 AM
I think it would have been fine for anyone to do it, but it's pretty awesome that it's his son doing it.

Made it 100x better that his son is doing it.

shank
11-26-2014, 02:58 PM

underrated29
11-26-2014, 03:26 PM
You sneaky basturd shank