PDA

View Full Version : Broncos add RB Jeremy Stewart from PS

VonDoom
11-22-2014, 02:23 PM
Apologies if this was posted elsewhere, but I saw on Twitter that we brought up Jeremy Stewart from the practice squad and waived Kapri Bibbs. I know nothing about Stewart, but he'll be our number three RB tomorrow

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2014, 02:27 PM
from article:

The 6-foot-1, 215-pound Stewart is from Baton Rouge, La. and Stanford. He was an undrafted rookie in 2012, when he bounced between the Philadelphia Eagles, New York Jets and Oakland Raiders.

He got 25 carries for 101 yards and eight catches for 62 yards in four games with the Raiders in 2012, and had two more carries and two receptions in 2013. He was signed to the Broncos’ practice squad six weeks ago.

full article - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/11/22/broncos-promote-jeremy-stewart-ahead-kapri-bibbs-3-running-back/30998/

Joel
11-22-2014, 04:04 PM
I'm more surprised we waived Bibbs when Legwold just wrote an article about (among other things) Sunday likely being his first time on an NFL field. Makes me wonder why, though I still feel really good about Anderson and Thompson. Or as good as I can given the state of our "line."

VonDoom
11-22-2014, 04:14 PM
I'm more surprised we waived Bibbs when Legwold just wrote an article about (among other things) Sunday likely being his first time on an NFL field. Makes me wonder why, though I still feel really good about Anderson and Thompson. Or as good as I can given the state of our "line."

I would have liked to see Bibbs in action. We might get him back on the PS. I heard yesterday that Stewart was a better blocker, so that might have something to do with it

Joel
11-22-2014, 04:26 PM
I would have liked to see Bibbs in action. We might get him back on the PS. I heard yesterday that Stewart was a better blocker, so that might have something to do with it
Makes sense; that same article quoted Studesville reminding us that no one who can't block will ever get the chance to run. If memory serves, part of why Bibbs went undrafted was being in a similar situation as Julius Thomas: Just one year of college ball, which didn't give him much time to learn all the finer points of his position. Blocking could be well be one of them; I haven't seen him enough to know, but it's a common shortcoming in rookie RBs, and an impermissible one on a SB contender with a 38-year-old first ballot HoFer at QB. For the record, Thompson's made some NICE blocks in his rare appearances.

Simple Jaded
11-22-2014, 07:01 PM
Teams needing a RB just had Tate and Chong hit the market, hopefully Bibbs makes it to PS. As for Stewart, if blocking is all that matters the Broncos should put an OL in the backfield, hell put Unrein back there, couldn't hurt the running game.

Ziggy
11-22-2014, 07:29 PM
I still think that Bibbs is the most talented RB on this roster. I hope he clears waivers.

Slick
11-22-2014, 07:46 PM
Championship!

VonDoom
11-22-2014, 07:52 PM
Teams needing a RB just had Tate and Chong hit the market, hopefully Bibbs makes it to PS. As for Stewart, if blocking is all that matters the Broncos should put an OL in the backfield, hell put Unrein back there, couldn't hurt the running game.

I doubt Stewart will see much action anyway, but if he can block, and Green is playing (which he supposedly is), let's see what the line can do. I'd like to throw out a sixth lineman (I believe Cornick is back now) and try to pound away for a while.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2014, 08:14 PM
Makes sense; that same article quoted Studesville reminding us that no one who can't block will ever get the chance to run. If memory serves, part of why Bibbs went undrafted was being in a similar situation as Julius Thomas: Just one year of college ball, which didn't give him much time to learn all the finer points of his position. Blocking could be well be one of them; I haven't seen him enough to know, but it's a common shortcoming in rookie RBs, and an impermissible one on a SB contender with a 38-year-old first ballot HoFer at QB. For the record, Thompson's made some NICE blocks in his rare appearances.

One year at CSU, but he did play college ball at a smaller college in 2011

In 2011, attended Snow College in Ephraim, Utah, where he played in 11 games for the Badgers, rushing for 415 yards and six touchdowns on 74 carries (5.6)
Top performance was against Mesa where he had 10 rushes for 133 yards and three touchdowns, including a game-winning 11-yard TD run in overtime to elevate then-No.4-ranked Snow to a 7-0 record
Ran the ball six times for 99 yards and a score in a 48-38 win over No. 6 New Mexico Military Institute.

And, what he accomplished at CSU despite not becoming a starter until the seventh game of the season:

In his lone season at Colorado State, sophomore running back Kapri ("kuh-PREE") Bibbs took the college football world by storm, earning second-team All-America from the Walter Camp Foundation and first-team All-Mountain West honors despite not becoming a starter until the season's seventh game...he was just the third player in CSU football history to be named Walter Camp All-America...Bibbs also received honorable mention All-America fromSports Illustrated and was chosen by the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame as the 2013 Male College Athlete of the Year in the state of Colorado...Bibbs tied for No. 1 in the nation in rushing and total touchdowns (31) and ranked No. 6 in rushing yards (1,741).

full article - http://www.csurams.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/kapri_bibbs_742682.html

Valar Morghulis
11-23-2014, 04:59 AM
I heard Stewart is like the off spring of TD and Beastmode - i also heard he picks up the blitz better than anyone currently in the NFL, with the speed of Holliday and catches out of the backfield like Sproles. I also heard he an PFM are good friends and he already knows the playbook - in fact, he added some extra plays.

I cant remember where i heard any of this - but it sounds legit. Stewart is the answer. You can not hope to stop him, you can only hope to contain him.

I have no idea what the point in this post was.

Simple Jaded
11-23-2014, 02:41 PM
I heard Stewart is like the off spring of TD and Beastmode - i also heard he picks up the blitz better than anyone currently in the NFL, with the speed of Holliday and catches out of the backfield like Sproles. I also heard he an PFM are good friends and he already knows the playbook - in fact, he added some extra plays.

I cant remember where i heard any of this - but it sounds legit. Stewart is the answer. You can not hope to stop him, you can only hope to contain him.

I have no idea what the point in this post was.
And to think these guys were worried? Pfft.

sneakers
11-24-2014, 07:23 AM
at least bibbs got a couple good paydays out of being on the roster

Denver Native (Carol)
11-26-2014, 01:32 PM
Kapri Bibbs kept his options open.

When the Broncos promoted Jeremy Stewart in front of him last week, Bibbs took advantage of his brief free agency to try out for the Arizona Cardinals on Tuesday. The Cardinals signed veteran Michael Bush. That will lead Bibbs back to the Broncos' practice squad, according to NFL sources.

Bibbs spent the season's first seven weeks there. It was always a viable alternative after Denver waived him over the weekend.

rest - plus - Plan for Trevathan
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27011270/briefs-kapri-bibbs-returns-broncos-after-tryout-cardinals