PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs beaten by Raiders

Dean
11-21-2014, 07:21 AM
The Faiders finally beat someone. ;) KC lost to Oakland. . . Oakland? :rolleyes: Broncs have AFC West lead.

Shazam!
11-21-2014, 10:02 AM
Gotta beat Miami down now and take advantage.

tripp
11-21-2014, 11:37 AM
Need Pats to lose and for us to beat the Tuna and we'll be in better shape.

FanInAZ
11-21-2014, 12:39 PM
Oakland Raiders' crazy celebration saved by timely timeout

You'll have to excuse the Oakland Raiders for losing their minds celebrating late in Thursday night's 24-20 win against the Kansas City Chiefs. It was their first victory in more than a calendar year.

Still the sight of linebackers Khalil Mack and Sio Moore celebrating a sack 15 yards offside as the clock ran and the Chiefs were getting ready to snap the ball was pretty darn funny.

The sack came on third down, with the Raiders trying to seal a close win. Maybe Mack and Moore thought the sack came on fourth down. Maybe they thought the Chiefs called a timeout, even though they had none left. Maybe the two were so overwhelmed by the moment they forgot what to do next. Either way, the two were doing goodness knows what well behind quarterback Alex Smith as he called for the snap.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/oakland-raiders--crazy-celebration-saved-by-timely-time-out-052525332.html

I've never heard anyone refer to the Raiders as the smartest team. However...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL7yAO61xbk

weazel
11-21-2014, 01:52 PM
that was an awesoem sack celebration!

Joel
11-21-2014, 03:59 PM
I've never heard anyone refer to the Raiders as the smartest team. However...
The three defensive penalties (all legit) on one 4th down play just 3 plays before the sack snafu was a nice touch, too. Short of picking Smith up bodily and CARRYING him into their end zone, I don't know what more Oakland could've done to give that game back to KC in the final minute. But they took care of our business FOR us, so yea; too bad they couldn't beat NE for us, too.

Dean
11-22-2014, 07:29 AM
I wonder if KC's loss helps us in the long run? I doubt they would have been over looking the Broncos anyway but now they may feel that their trip to the play offs is hanging on this game. When you couple that with how poorly we tend to play in Arrowhead, I am worried.

Pudge
11-22-2014, 07:51 AM
I wonder if KC's loss helps us in the long run? I doubt they would have been over looking the Broncos anyway but now they may feel that their trip to the play offs is hanging on this game. When you couple that with how poorly we tend to play in Arrowhead, I am worried.

Denver's not going to give up this game after the egg they layed in st Louis

Valar Morghulis
11-22-2014, 07:55 AM
PFM will have no hurries or sacks, the o-line will be dominant and CJ will rush for 100, PFM throws 8 TDs.

Joel
11-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Well, it helps us in the sense we're 3-0 in the division and everyone else has at least 2 losses, including one each to us, so the head-to-head tiebreak's safe, and if we win ANY road division game, we can't lose the second tiebreak either. But I worry EVERY time we go to Arrowhead; it's always a tough place for any visitor (just ask NE,) and we must win out and hope NE loses 2 of their last 6 to regain homefield. And if we're worried about winning the division, the playoffs won't be fun.

MOtorboat
11-22-2014, 01:58 PM
Well, it helps us in the sense we're 3-0 in the division and everyone else has at least 2 losses, including one each to us, so the head-to-head tiebreak's safe, and if we win ANY road division game, we can't lose the second tiebreak either. But I worry EVERY time we go to Arrowhead; it's always a tough place for any visitor (just ask NE,) and we must win out and hope NE loses 2 of their last 6 to regain homefield. And if we're worried about winning the division, the playoffs won't be fun.

Are you this miserable in real life?

MOtorboat
11-22-2014, 01:58 PM

Win at home against Miami and at Arrowhead next week and Denver is almost de facto division champs at that point. Four straight years...

Timmy!
11-22-2014, 02:44 PM
Are you this miserable in real life?

This should be his avatar. Mods, make it happen.

http://popten.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/eeyore.jpg

Joel
11-22-2014, 04:07 PM
Win at home against Miami and at Arrowhead next week and Denver is almost de facto division champs at that point. Four straight years...
Hooray for being a top eight team four years running: That's why we pay PFM $20 million/yr—wait, no: We were ALREADY division champs BEFORE Manning; seems like we ought to do better WITH him.

Valar Morghulis
11-22-2014, 04:10 PM
Hooray for being a top eight team four years running: That's why we pay PFM $20 million/yr—wait, no: We were ALREADY division champs BEFORE Manning; seems like we ought to do better WITH him.

you cant be serious - i am starting to buy into the "spam" and "troll" comments about you.

You are clearly intelligent so i have no idea how you could believe that nonsense

MOtorboat
11-22-2014, 04:20 PM

They did.

Joel
11-22-2014, 04:28 PM
you cant be serious - i am starting to buy into the "spam" and "troll" comments about you.

You are clearly intelligent so i have no idea how you could believe that nonsense
We're defending CONFERENCE Champs; it's hard to be excited over a fourth straight division title that was an apparent given less than a month ago. Guess a 3-6 team beating us by 2 scores shifted perspective.

MOtorboat
11-22-2014, 05:05 PM
We're defending CONFERENCE Champs; it's hard to be excited over a fourth straight division title that was an apparent given less than a month ago. Guess a 3-6 team beating us by 2 scores shifted perspective.

You should try to enjoy something.

LawDog
11-22-2014, 06:00 PM
You should try to enjoy something.

Joel is the Jay Cutler of this forum. Inconsistent as hell. He goes along and posts some really interesting and insightful stuff, then he puts on his pouty face and throws five Ints, er goes off the doom and gloom deep end and everyone jumps all over him for being, well, Joel. I just try and focus on his good games and suffer through the rest. On balance, I'm happy he is here, but he sure does make me want to bang my head on the wall a bit too often.

Thanks for being you Joel Cutler.

Dean
11-23-2014, 07:51 PM
Our offense went up against a strong defensive team and they are back. I feel much better about facing KC in KC even with them having extra prep time.

Poet
11-23-2014, 08:59 PM

You pay him 20 million a year to be an elite player who greatly enhances your chances to win the Superbowl.

He has lived up to that.

Poet
11-23-2014, 09:15 PM
Trade you quarterbacks.

FanInAZ
11-23-2014, 11:38 PM
Trade you quarterbacks.

How many 1st round picks are you offering us?

Davii
11-23-2014, 11:50 PM

All of them.

Poet
11-24-2014, 12:29 AM

Zero. He's old, and one or two more years as a legitimate SB contender doesn't mean much. Joel told me.

FanInAZ
11-24-2014, 01:09 AM
Zero. He's old, and one or two more years as a legitimate SB contender doesn't mean much. Joel told me.

That may be true, but how many years does Dillon & the Bengals have as a legitimate SB contender. In fact, which do you think will be happening 1st...

a) Manning retires.

b) Dillon carrying a clip board behind someone else's franchise QB.

Poet
11-24-2014, 01:11 AM
That may be true, but how many years does Dillon & the Bengals have as a legitimate SB contender. In fact, which do you think will be happening 1st...

a) Manning retires.

b) Dillon carrying a clip board behind someone else's franchise QB.

Who is Dillon? Do you mean Dalton, or are you making an Andy Dalton joke?

FanInAZ
11-24-2014, 01:14 AM
Who is Dillon? Do you mean Dalton, or are you making an Andy Dalton joke?

Its after 11 pm were I live right now. I can't be held responsible for any boneheaded statements that I might make.

Poet
11-24-2014, 01:16 AM
Its after 11 pm were I live right now. I can't be held responsible for any boneheaded statements that I might make.

Haha, I wasn't trying to be a dick.

Manning has at most one more year after this. Brown loves the deal he got Dalton to ink, and with Dalton we're probably a regular season machine, which means he has a steady source of income.

Does that answer your question?

FanInAZ
11-24-2014, 01:24 AM
Haha, I wasn't trying to be a dick.

Manning has at most one more year after this. Brown loves the deal he got Dalton to ink, and with Dalton we're probably a regular season machine, which means he has a steady source of income.

Does that answer your question?

I knew you're asking a legitimate question in response to my boneheaded post.

Yes, you did answer the question that I intended to ask, but failed. Who knows, maybe Dalton will be the next Romo. A QB that goes from 1 every fan of the team wants to run out of town, to someone who's been given the supporting cast he needs to succeed & leading his team in becoming a legitimate SB contender.

Poet
11-24-2014, 01:27 AM
I knew you're asking a legitimate question in response to my boneheaded post.

Yes, you did answer the question that I intended to ask, but failed. Who knows, maybe Dalton will be the next Romo. A QB that goes from 1 every fan of the team wants to run out of town, to someone who's been given the supporting cast he needs to succeed & leading his team in becoming a legitimate SB contender.

I didn't fail at all. It's almost incomprehensible that Dalton doesn't 'outlast' Manning. He's under a new contract. Brown loves the money that he gets from having a competitive team. Manning has one more year left. At worst/best, Dalton gets one mulligan year, which then gives him two in total. At least that is how I see it.

FanInAZ
11-24-2014, 01:29 AM
I didn't fail at all. It's almost incomprehensible that Dalton doesn't 'outlast' Manning. He's under a new contract. Brown loves the money that he gets from having a competitive team. Manning has one more year left. At worst/best, Dalton gets one mulligan year, which then gives him two in total. At least that is how I see it.

No, no, I failed by getting Dalton's name wrong.

Poet
11-24-2014, 01:30 AM
No, no, I failed by getting Dalton's name wrong.

Now I failed.

We fail.

FanInAZ
11-24-2014, 01:34 AM
Now I failed.

We fail.

Your failure was just simply mistaking me for 1 of numerous members of this board who believe the disagree with them constitutes a failure, I'm not going to mention any names. Its understandable. :nod:

Dean
11-26-2014, 08:02 PM
Does anyone out there know anything about Eric Berry's replacement? I think his name is Bob Parker.