PDA

View Full Version : Briefs: Broncos may get Emmanuel Sanders, Julius Thomas back vs. Dolphins

Denver Native (Carol)
11-20-2014, 02:08 PM
Emmanuel Sanders can tweet, but he can't practice — yet. Julius Thomas can walk without a limp, but he isn't running routes — yet.

Both watched Wednesday's workout at Dove Valley, but neither has been ruled out for Sunday's game against the Miami Dolphins. Wide receiver Sanders watched video at his locker, talked with teammates and remained upbeat. He can't be interviewed as part of the NFL concussion protocol, but he tweeted Tuesday that his status is "questionable" for Sunday.

Sanders suffered a concussion last Sunday when absorbing a violent hit by St. Louis Rams safety Rodney McLeod. The Broncos say McLeod should be fined based on the NFL rules regarding striking a defenseless receiver. Rams coach Jeff Fisher said McLeod should not have been penalized for unnecessary roughness.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26972409/briefs-broncos-may-get-emmanuel-sanders-julius-thomas

VonDoom
11-20-2014, 03:04 PM
Neither of them practiced again today, but both were apparently out there watching. I have no real idea how things will shake out by Sunday.

Mike
11-20-2014, 03:47 PM
After seeing Ball out there on Sunday I don't have much faith in the medical staff. Denver can't afford to lose this Sunday, but I hope they don't rush people back that aren't ready.

Joel
11-20-2014, 04:54 PM
After seeing Ball out there on Sunday I don't have much faith in the medical staff. Denver can't afford to lose this Sunday, but I hope they don't rush people back that aren't ready.
Amen to that. Welker used to be an All Pro, but hasn't looked right all year, and I can't help thinking his last concussion will ultimately prove career-ending. I was surprised to see Ball in last weeks game AT ALL since he was still nursing an injury, but when he aggravated it and went out, sending him BACK in was just beyond insane. Just another reminder of how inadequate our coaching is.

Ravage!!!
11-20-2014, 05:04 PM
Did you read a med book, too?

Joel
11-20-2014, 08:47 PM
Your sig just gets more hilarious every time you do this, man; have YOU read IT? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvs2g5Nj0NI

tripp
11-20-2014, 09:28 PM
Is it pretty normal for players during concussion protocol to be out this long?

CrazyHorse
11-21-2014, 10:14 AM
Won't matter if the o-line continues to play like ass.

Slick
11-21-2014, 10:23 AM
Hopefully they're game planning for those guys to be out. If they get in for one play and come hobbling off and don't have Lattimer active, my head might explode.

VonDoom
11-21-2014, 10:24 AM
Hopefully they're game planning for those guys to be out. If they get in for one play and come hobbling off and don't have Lattimer active, my head might explode.

Latimer had to have been a part of the plan in practice this week ... right?

Slick
11-21-2014, 10:26 AM
Latimer had to have been a part of the plan in practice this week ... right?

I hope so. I don't expect him to be a savior but at least have him dressed.

VonDoom
11-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Some updates from today. Based on this, I'd say Sanders should be good to go, probably not on Julius. Let's see what the final injury report says:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 36m36 minutes ago

Emmanuel Sanders is running routes and catching passes in individual drills.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 35m35 minutes ago

Emmanuel Sanders was cleared through the post-concussion protocol for physical activity yesterday afternoon.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 34m34 minutes ago

I think it would be accurate to describe Julius Thomas as very limited. Broncos will release final injury report in about an hour.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 28m28 minutes ago

Emmanuel Sanders has been cleared for physical activity yesterday afternoon- not sure about independent doctor clearance for contact

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 25m25 minutes ago

For #Broncos Emmanuel Sanders and Julius Thomas, both in helmets and jerseys, took part in individual drills and looked to be practicing.

VonDoom
11-21-2014, 02:24 PM
More updates, basically confirming the above. If Virgil and JT are both out, we're down to just Tamme again at TE:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 29m29 minutes ago

Hillman and Ball are OUT. Sanders is probable after having a full practice. J.Thomas is listed as DNP and questionable.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 29m29 minutes ago

Emmanuel Sanders cleared - he's playing

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 28m28 minutes ago

Also questionable is TE Virgil Green, who was limited today.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 19m19 minutes ago

Sanders was full participant in practice Friday, Fox said. Sanders also stayed on field for a bit after practice working with Cody Latimer.

Timmy!
11-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Tamme is going to need to not completely suck for a game or two with our TE injury situation.

Slick
11-21-2014, 02:33 PM
What the heck happened to Virgil Green?

Joel
11-21-2014, 02:36 PM
What the heck happened to Virgil Green?
No kidding; he went out during the Seattle game, right? That was before our early bye; Trevathan missed less time when he fractured his leg (then again, he fractured it somewhere else soon after returning; remember when we thought switching trainers would solve our perennial medical problems?)

VonDoom
11-21-2014, 03:22 PM
No kidding; he went out during the Seattle game, right? That was before our early bye; Trevathan missed less time when he fractured his leg (then again, he fractured it somewhere else soon after returning; remember when we thought switching trainers would solve our perennial medical problems?)

According to the Game Books on NFL.com, he played up until the Chargers game in week 8 (though I didn't look into how many snaps he's gotten). He's been inactive with this mysterious injury for the last three (and probably four now) weeks.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-21-2014, 04:18 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders is good to go.

Sanders cleared the NFL's post-concussion protocol late Thursday, and had a full workload during Friday's practice. He is listed as probable for Sunday's game against the Miami Dolphins.

The only issue Sanders had was in his conditioning, because he did not practice Wednesday or Thursday.

AND

Thomas is joined on the "questionable" list by fellow tight end Virgil Green, who was limited all week because of a calf injury. Green has not played since Week 8 against San Diego, leaving the Broncos with just two active tight ends against the Patriots, Raiders and Rams.

full article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Injury-updates-Emmanuel-Sanders-probable-Julius-Thomas-questionable/4500b0c0-e4d7-48aa-8648-62bc79f035ad

Denver Native (Carol)
11-21-2014, 04:29 PM
Reading/hearing many times that Green's blocking is a key for the running game, this is one reason the running game has not been doing well.

Joel
11-21-2014, 04:30 PM
I miss his versatile and high quality passing AND blocking more than ever. On the other hand, if Cornick and Clark were good enough for 3-tackle packages earlier this year, surely ONE of them could be a sixth blocker now. Speaking of which: Remember when Elway said Cornick EARNED the starting RT spot, and it wasn't a comment on Clark? Anyone still believe that...?

Magnificent Seven
11-21-2014, 09:53 PM
My gut says Orange Julius will not be playing this Sunday. Jacob Tamme will be our tight end for this game against Miami. Save Orange Julius for big game on Sunday Night in Kansas City.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-21-2014, 10:18 PM
Reading/hearing many times that Green's blocking is a key for the running game, this is one reason the running game has not been doing well.

Well, at least Julius Thomas's blocking ability doesn't matter.......

dogfish
11-23-2014, 12:24 AM
even if we do re-sign orange julius, which i expect we will, the position could still use an overhaul in the off-season. . .

i'm a little surprised we haven't brought in a vet with two guys banged up. . . i suppose if one of them does limp off, we could just run an extra OL out there instead of playing two-TE, but it's hardly ideal to be forced into it. . .

Cugel
11-23-2014, 03:00 PM
I miss his versatile and high quality passing AND blocking more than ever. On the other hand, if Cornick and Clark were good enough for 3-tackle packages earlier this year, surely ONE of them could be a sixth blocker now. Speaking of which: Remember when Elway said Cornick EARNED the starting RT spot, and it wasn't a comment on Clark? Anyone still believe that...?

#1 Clearly that was a big fib.
#2 Cornick and Clark are not going to play baring emergency. Both played themselves into the dog-house. If, given the state of emergency on the OL neither is being inserted into the game, we can safely conclude they are not in the Broncos future. Buh-bye! (https://screen.yahoo.com/total-*******-airlines-000000788.html)

Simple Jaded
11-23-2014, 03:09 PM
even if we do re-sign orange julius, which i expect we will, the position could still use an overhaul in the off-season. . .

i'm a little surprised we haven't brought in a vet with two guys banged up. . . i suppose if one of them does limp off, we could just run an extra OL out there instead of playing two-TE, but it's hardly ideal to be forced into it. . .

They need a TE that can do both, even if they keep JT, unfortunately there just won't be the cap space and rookies just don't contritbute much for this offense.

Joel
11-23-2014, 04:31 PM
ESPN says Orange Julius and Clark are both inactive today. With our anemic run game, Greens continued injury and our use of 3-OT sets earlier this year, I can't help wondering if we'll see Cornick anyway.