PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Davis, John Lynch, Steve Atwater among 26 semifinalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame

Denver Native (Carol)
11-19-2014, 11:12 AM
Junior Seau, Kurt Warner and Tony Dungy are among 26 semifinalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's class of 2015.

Seau and Warner are among eight first-year candidates in the balloting. Dungy is in his second year on the ballot.

Former general managers Bill Polian and Ron Wolf previously were selected as contributor finalists. Mick Tingelhoff is the senior committee nominee, and there will be 15 modern era finalists to be considered on Jan. 31, the day before the Super Bowl, in Phoenix.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26966122/terrell-davis-john-lynch-steve-atwater-among-26

BroncoJoe
11-19-2014, 11:40 AM
Davis should be a lock. Lynch - meh. Don't get me wrong - love the dude but I'm indifferent on him. Atwater should be in as well, but the safety position (both he and Lynch) are tough. I'd MUCH rather get Davis in there before either of them. Without Davis, we aren't 2x SB Champions IMO.

Krugan
11-19-2014, 11:53 AM
Hoping for Meck and Davis, would bet both get short changed again.

broncofaninfla
11-19-2014, 12:43 PM
So many Broncos belong, Atwater, Davis and Meck come to mind but I've given up hope that the HOF committee will ever give former Broncos due justice and the recognition they clearly earned.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-19-2014, 01:07 PM
Junior Seau, Kurt Warner and Tony Dungy are among 26 semifinalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2015.

Other semifinalists include receivers Marvin Harrison, Tim Brown, and newcomers Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt; running backs Jerome Bettis, Terrell Davis, Roger Craig and newcomer Edgerrin James; safeties John Lynch, Darren Woodson and Steve Atwater; defensive ends/linebackers Charles Haley and Kevin Greene; linebacker Karl Mecklenburg; newcomer cornerback Ty Law; offensive tackles Joe Jacoby, Mike Kenn and newcomer Orlando Pace; guard Will Shields; newcomer center Kevin Mawae; place-kicker Morten Andersen; and coaches Don Coryell and Jimmy Johnson.

Last January, Harrison, Dungy, Andersen, Bettis, Brown, Haley, Greene, Lynch and Shields were finalists.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11901127/junior-seau-kurt-warner-tony-dungy-pro-football-hall-fame-semifinalists

aberdien
11-19-2014, 01:51 PM
How many get in?

tomjonesrocks
11-19-2014, 02:59 PM
How many get in?

If any, I'll say Lynch as he played for Denver the shortest period of time.

weazel
11-20-2014, 01:17 PM
dont hold your breath

SoCalImport
11-20-2014, 01:25 PM
Davis and Warner should be locks.

MOtorboat
11-21-2014, 12:47 AM
How many get in?

Off the top of my head...five and two senior committee nominees, or is it seven and two senior committee nominees. Either way, not many.

TimHippo
11-21-2014, 02:28 AM
rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26966122/terrell-davis-john-lynch-steve-atwater-among-26

Orlando Pace, Kurt Warner, Junior Seau are locks.

Terrell Davis unfortuantely wont' get in. Only 3 pro bowls, and 7600 yards. Career shortened by that interception.

Valar Morghulis
11-21-2014, 08:55 AM
Orlando Pace, Kurt Warner, Junior Seau are locks.

Terrell Davis unfortuantely wont' get in. Only 3 pro bowls, and 7600 yards. Career shortened by that interception.

I know - but for me 2000 yds, reg season mvp and superbowl mvp should be plenty

dogfish
11-22-2014, 09:46 PM
if lynch gets in before atwater, they should just burn the damn thing to the ground. . . what an absolute sham!

Softskull
11-22-2014, 09:53 PM
if lynch gets in before atwater, they should just burn the damn thing to the ground. . . what an absolute sham!

It's the ultimate Old Boy network. It's old guys in yellow jackets and the guys that like to hang out with them doing the voting. TD and Gradishar not being in the HOF is a travesty.
I suspect another year of disappointment.

Canmore
11-22-2014, 09:58 PM
It's the ultimate Old Boy network. It's old guys in yellow jackets and the guys that like to hang out with them doing the voting. TD and Gradishar not being in the HOF is a travesty.
I suspect another year of disappointment.

I think you can count on that.

Pudge
11-22-2014, 10:02 PM
I don't even know if we need to start a new thread every year, just bump the one from the previous year

Canmore
11-22-2014, 10:03 PM

Who do you think will get in first and maybe only?

dogfish
11-22-2014, 10:38 PM

you mean between lynch and atty?

HORSEPOWER 56
11-22-2014, 11:20 PM

If I had to guess it would be Lynch. He's been in the spotlight more, was a bigger name (along with Sapp and Brooks) and is now a broadcaster so his name is still out there. Atwater all but disappeared once he retired and even though he's a big name to Broncos fans, he's not as big to everyone else. I can see Atwater being a Floyd Little type where it takes a long time and a lot of campaigning to get him in.

Canmore
11-23-2014, 04:13 AM
If I had to guess it would be Lynch. He's been in the spotlight more, was a bigger name (along with Sapp and Brooks) and is now a broadcaster so his name is still out there. Atwater all but disappeared once he retired and even though he's a big name to Broncos fans, he's not as big to everyone else. I can see Atwater being a Floyd Little type where it takes a long time and a lot of campaigning to get him in.

That is what I think. Sorry Atwater...another Bronco snubbed.

Dzone
11-23-2014, 07:53 AM
I wont be at all surprised if john lynch gets in before Atwater. Why? Because the NFL HOF is a sham and a joke.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-23-2014, 10:56 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking.

capt. Jack
11-24-2014, 12:45 PM
I will make the drive, if TD gets in this year!