PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos: Watch Champ Bailey's retirement speech live here Tuesday at 1 p.m.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2014, 11:05 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - Future Hall-of-Fame cornerback Champ Bailey will retire from the NFL and the Denver Broncos today.

Watch Bailey's news conference live on the 7NEWS app, TheDenverChannel.com and Comcast channel 247 at 1 p.m. MT.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/denver-broncos-watch-champ-baileys-retirement-speech-live-here-tues

I would think it would also be carried on the Broncos' website, but there is nothing on there yet stating it will be

SoCalImport
11-18-2014, 01:42 PM
the link wouldn't get me there. then I realised it's not quite time yet.

weazel
11-18-2014, 02:22 PM
Just started... someone was beating him to the podium so he tripped and fell to the ground.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2014, 02:47 PM
It will be on the Broncos' site - http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Champ-Bailey-retirement-press-conference/1150fa30-84f5-4f4b-bbe7-0876810020df

Champ Bailey retirement press conference

Watch Champ Bailey's retirement press conference live, beginning at approximately 1 p.m. MT.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2014, 02:48 PM
just started... Someone was beating him to the podium so he tripped and fell to the ground.

wow - seriously!!!!!!

GEM
11-18-2014, 04:03 PM
I'm so glad he held out and didn't cry. The couple times he got close, I about lost it. Just love him!

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Tribute to Champ Bailey

Players and coaches share their thoughts on Champ's career.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Tribute-to-Champ-Bailey/a07927b1-1580-4bef-86fc-da780bbba113

weazel
11-18-2014, 05:01 PM
wow - seriously!!!!!!

yep... serious. He did it so many times its the first thing I think of when I hear his name now. I wish it wasn't but it is. The second thing I think of is the Baltimore playoff game.

shank
11-18-2014, 05:28 PM
yep... serious. He did it so many times its the first thing I think of when I hear his name now. I wish it wasn't but it is. The second thing I think of is the Baltimore playoff game.

go home weazel, you're drunk.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2014, 08:03 PM
Champ Bailey signed his one-day contract to retire as a Bronco, but his legacy of excellence will linger for decades to come.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- For the last decade, there was no place Champ Bailey wanted to play other than Denver. And there was no place other than Dove Valley, in front of nearly 20 former teammates and dozens of coaches and staff, that he wanted to say goodbye to his life as a player -- but not his life in football.

A future in the game, perhaps on the broadcast side, is next for the Broncos' revered No. 24. But Tuesday was about looking back at 15 seasons in which he played cornerback better than anyone in his era, including 10 in a spot that he called "the greatest place on Earth."

With his voice quivering after a tribute video played, Bailey's "thank yous" were only surpassed by the number of interceptions he recorded during the 2005 and 2006 seasons that were the best of his career and arguably the best for any cornerback in NFL history.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Champ-Bailey-bids-farewell-to-the-greatest-place-on-Earth/91209662-ab1c-4a61-81cb-3a2ccc8de14a

smith49
11-19-2014, 09:29 PM
Well, while some of you can only think of Champs final couple of mediocre seasons, I for one can remember how insanely dominant he was for a good long time. I remember the day Portis was traded away for Bailey. My little brother called all up in arms because we let Portis go. I knew that Bailey was damn good, and I told him it was a good trade (plus I think we got more than Bailey as well if I remember correctly).

Anyhow, I surely didn't know how much of a fan of his I would become. He was/is one of the good ones. A guy a dad can say "be like him" to his kid. He was humble off the field, and pure dominance on it. He was, from what I understand, a guy everyone wanted to play with. His coaches, teammates and fans loved him.......and still do. I don't get super jacked up about sports figures, but Champ Bailey is worth getting geeked up about. I know I'll miss seeing him on the field and knowing that side of the field was locked down. Good luck In your retirement Champ and thank you for never giving us a reason to doubt our choice to follow and cheer for the best Corner to play the game!!!

Canmore
11-20-2014, 03:23 AM
Well, while some of you can only think of Champs final couple of mediocre seasons, I for one can remember how insanely dominant he was for a good long time. I remember the day Portis was traded away for Bailey. My little brother called all up in arms because we let Portis go. I knew that Bailey was damn good, and I told him it was a good trade (plus I think we got more than Bailey as well if I remember correctly).

Anyhow, I surely didn't know how much of a fan of his I would become. He was/is one of the good ones. A guy a dad can say "be like him" to his kid. He was humble off the field, and pure dominance on it. He was, from what I understand, a guy everyone wanted to play with. His coaches, teammates and fans loved him.......and still do. I don't get super jacked up about sports figures, but Champ Bailey is worth getting geeked up about. I know I'll miss seeing him on the field and knowing that side of the field was locked down. Good luck In your retirement Champ and thank you for never giving us a reason to doubt our choice to follow and cheer for the best Corner to play the game!!!

We got Bailey and a second round pick (Tatum Bell) for Portis iirc. We got the better end of that trade.

Loved Bailey. Watched him for ten years. Most complete corner I have seen. Cover, tackle, compete. He was the complete package. Twelve times a Pro-Bowler and All-Decade.

weazel
11-20-2014, 12:56 PM
go home weazel, you're drunk.

lol

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2014, 08:19 PM
Champ volunteers for the Food Bank of the Rockies
On Thursday morning, Champ Bailey volunteered for the Food Bank of the Rockies serving over 300 people.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Champ_volunteers_for_the_Food_Bank_of_the_Rockies/203faa3a-66e6-48c6-a2ed-63b43dd02142

Bronco4ever
11-22-2014, 08:39 PM
Champ volunteers for the Food Bank of the Rockies
On Thursday morning, Champ Bailey volunteered for the Food Bank of the Rockies serving over 300 people.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Champ_volunteers_for_the_Food_Bank_of_the_Rockies/203faa3a-66e6-48c6-a2ed-63b43dd02142

Does Champ still live in the Denver area?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2014, 08:46 PM
Does Champ still live in the Denver area?

No, he now lives in CA. I think I heard he was at practice Friday, so he may be hanging around for a while.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2014, 08:47 PM
Posted: Nov 21, 2014
Champ Bailey Surprise Visit
Champ Bailey make a surprise visit to a young Broncos fan who is upset about his retirement

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Champ_Bailey_Surprise_Visit/52e7777f-3c90-459c-ba9f-a11990fe6867