PDA

View Full Version : Dyserts mother passes in car crash

OB
11-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Zac Dysert, a quarterback on the Broncos' practice squad, left the team Monday after his mother, Carla Dysert, was killed in a car accident in his hometown of Ada, Ohio.

Carla, 56, was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the Allen County Sheriff's Office, after the driver of a Mazda lost control of his car on Ohio State Route 81 and went over the center line and into the path of Dysert's Buick SUV.

The driver of the Mazda was injured and transported to a nearby hospital.

Zac Dysert was selected by the Broncos in the seventh round (No. 234 overall) of the 2013 draft out of Miami (Ohio) University. He was named to the team's 53-man roster in August of 2013 and has been on the practice squad for the 2014 season, but has yet to play a regular-season game.

The Courier of Northwestern Ohio first reported news of the accident.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26955247/zac-dysert-leaves-broncos-after-mother-is-killed

It jumped out for more than one reason - last year my ex went to a game (I think in Indy) and was talking with is family for over an hour in a restaurant before the game - I remember him texting me and saying "guess who I just met" He said they were super nice, super humble people.

Thoughts and prayers for Zac and his family

Northman
11-17-2014, 04:47 PM
I feel bad for his loss.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-17-2014, 04:53 PM
Prayers for Zac and his family

7DnBrnc53
11-17-2014, 05:43 PM
Oh, dear. Prayers are sent.

Joel
11-17-2014, 06:32 PM
Awful news; thoughts and prayers are with the Dysert family.

Dapper Dan
12-01-2014, 03:22 AM
I just now read this. Ugh. We hear about this way too often. Sad news. I hope his family can cope okay.