PDA

View Full Version : Five Reasons Not To Panic

OrangeHoof
11-17-2014, 01:47 AM
1. Broncos are still undefeated in AFC West.
Denver currently has the tiebreak on the rest of the division. They've had recent success at both Arrowhead and Qualcomm. They know how to beat both these KC and SD.

2. Broncos have best conference record.
Only one conference loss (5-1) so any conference tiebreakers will go to them other than the Patriots who beat them head-to-head.

3. We're done with the NFC West.
KC still has to play at Arizona. SD still has St. Louis and San Francisco. Advantage, Denver. Plus, KC and SD still have one game left against each other.

4. Cody Lattimer can play.
Lattimer won't make you forget Sanders but he is tall, rangy and can get deep. He's been hidden due to the lack of injuries the Broncos' wideouts have had before St. Louis but I think he can make plays when pressed into service.

5. There's plenty of time to gel and get back in the groove before January.
Plenty of Super Bowl winners looked like crap in November before finding a late surge. Plus, we still have arguably the best QB in the league.

Simple Jaded
11-17-2014, 02:05 AM
Pound it, Launch it and Bring the Funk!

Northman
11-17-2014, 05:46 AM
Lmao

CrazyHorse
11-17-2014, 06:27 AM
13-3 for the third year in a row.

Shazam!
11-17-2014, 07:22 AM
I just rolled out of bed but I could post 5 reasons to panic.

This was also said after the Pats game too.

Not buying it. This team has taken steps back.

Dzone
11-17-2014, 07:33 AM
5 Reasons to Panic
1. Sanders is out
2. The o-line
3. John Fox
4. Special teams suck
5. Manning has bad days and admits He Stinks
Edit
6. Julius Thomas' ankle
Edit
7. No running game
Please feel free to add more reasons to panic. tia

Northman
11-17-2014, 08:52 AM
I dont think its even about panicking. Just being realistic of where this team is at right now.

Shazam!
11-17-2014, 09:07 AM
5 Reasons to Panic
1. Sanders is out
2. The o-line
3. John Fox
4. Special teams suck
5. Manning has bad days and admits He Stinks
Edit
6. Julius Thomas' ankle
Edit
7. No running game
Please feel free to add more reasons to panic. tia

Don't forget no faith in kicker.

VonDoom
11-17-2014, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the effort, but I'm not feeling it right now. This team is going nowhere. The question is how they'll finish the season - do they fall apart and finish as a wild card giving the Chiefs the division and losing in the wild card or divisional rounds? Or do they continue to embarrass KC, win the division and ultimately lose the AFCCG in Foxboro?

Dzone
11-17-2014, 09:22 AM
Thats right, we have a field goal kicker who is iffy beyond 30 yards...

Wondering what kind of pass rush Miami is going to bring

Nomad
11-17-2014, 09:29 AM
If the BRONCOS do this against the Dolphins, then I'd really be concerned. Dolphins will be their bounce back game.#fingerscrossed

Nomad
11-17-2014, 09:40 AM
Alright spiker......how's Tannehil going to do this weekend?

tripp
11-17-2014, 09:49 AM
The main question is, how will they address the O-line this week, if at all? That is the only thing in our control. We can't control Sanders or JT coming back, they will be back when they're ready, and by the sounds of it Sanders will be back this week.. JT on the other hand, not too sure. Test results came back negative on JT, but going for an MRI today just to be sure.

Dzone
11-17-2014, 09:58 AM
sign incognito. Whats to lose

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
11-17-2014, 09:59 AM
The Broncos have played 9.5 poor quarters in their last 12. The Broncos are not playing good football in multiple areas of the game at this moment in the season.

EastCoastBronco
11-17-2014, 10:09 AM
#1 Reason To Panic...
Same as last year.
Our offence cannot compete with physical defences.
They get punched a couple of times and fold up the tent.
Seattle, New England, St. Louis.
3 physical defences. 3 losses.
Pretty simple math.

MasterShake
11-17-2014, 10:15 AM
I just like the fact that I can be pissed at this team, and rightfully so after yesterdays performance, but still know that they have the tools to get it done. Right now I just feel like the pieces are out of place especially on the offensive line. I hate the fact that our team seems to go the way of how Manning plays, however. I actually felt we wasted a pretty good defensive effort, and when our offense was holding, false starting, dropping passes, or throwing interceptions we had no desire to even try to run the ball to slow things down. It is hard to get too wound up because in recent history you see teams like the Ravens look like a mess late in the season just to get red hot at the right time. At this point I'm not even worried about seeding, I just want to make sure we get the division. I'm all for shaking up the O-Line until we get things working as well as possible.

BroncoJoe
11-17-2014, 10:16 AM
#1 Reason To Panic...
Same as last year.
Our offence cannot compete with physical defences.
They get punched a couple of times and fold up the tent.
Seattle, New England, St. Louis.
3 physical defences. 3 losses.
Pretty simple math.

I'd disagree re: Seattle. They punched us, and we came back to score 17 in the 4th and took the game to OT. Lost the coin flip, lost the game.

MasterShake
11-17-2014, 10:20 AM
I'd disagree re: Seattle. They punched us, and we came back to score 17 in the 4th and took the game to OT. Lost the coin flip, lost the game.

The way Seattle is playing right now I'd love another shot at them. The rest of the NFC West is heating up again, though. Arizona looks great.

Nomad
11-17-2014, 10:29 AM
The way Seattle is playing right now I'd love another shot at them. The rest of the NFC West is heating up again, though. Arizona looks great.

Why? We had our shot. Do the BRONCOS have to resort to waiting till a team is mediocre to get revenge? I would hope the BRONCOS could beat them at their best.

BRONCOS defense shit the bed in that OT game. Hell, a pop warner team could have score at will.

MasterShake
11-17-2014, 11:43 AM
Why? We had our shot. Do the BRONCOS have to resort to waiting till a team is mediocre to get revenge? I would hope the BRONCOS could beat them at their best.

BRONCOS defense shit the bed in that OT game. Hell, a pop warner team could have score at will.

Whats wrong with wanting another crack? You think Baltimore wasn't aching to get another chance at us in the playoffs after we stomped them at their home? I'm just saying of all the NFC West teams left they are the only one's I "think" we could beat at this point, hardly a glowing endorsement of our teams struggles. A rematch with a team like the Cardinals would not be something I'd want to see right now.

Bronco9798
11-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Chiefs have a tough Defense. I watch it every week and they play even better at home. We need to be concerned and probably worried for this game. This will be a battle. They play a short dink and dunk game and they play for TOP. Their tight ends are a big part of their offense along with Charles. I don't like this game on a Sunday night on national TV. We could get really embarrassed if we aren't careful here in a couple of weeks. It's going to come down to the trenches again, and if it does, we lose, period. Chiefs are physical on defense. Something we don't do well against. Not a good feeling for this game coming up in 2 weeks. Unless things change and people toughen up a bit, we could be giving the division to the friggin Chiefs!!

MasterShake
11-17-2014, 12:05 PM
Chiefs have a tough Defense. I watch it every week and they play even better at home. We need to be concerned and probably worried for this game. This will be a battle. They play a short dink and dunk game and they play for TOP. Their tight ends are a big part of their offense along with Charles. I don't like this game on a Sunday night on national TV. We could get really embarrassed if we aren't careful here in a couple of weeks. It's going to come down to the trenches again, and if it does, we lose, period. Chiefs are physical on defense. Something we don't do well against. Not a good feeling for this game coming up in 2 weeks. Unless things change and people toughen up a bit, we could be giving the division to the friggin Chiefs!!

Yeah that is going to be a tough game. Oddly enough the thing that gave me a bit of hope going into the Super Bowl against such a tough team is that Denver was able to overcome how good KC was on defense last year. It really all does come down to matchups for that game. Our stout run defense needs to find its footing again and make Alex Smith one dimensional. On the same token, we can't start out one dimensional against the Chiefs or its going to be a long day.

Nomad
11-17-2014, 12:20 PM
Chiefs and Chargers are chomping at the bit for their games against the BRONCOS.

Nomad
11-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Chiefs and Chargers are chomping at the bit for their games against the BRONCOS.

Perhaps this will cause the Chiefs to overlook the Raiders:lol:

Bronco9798
11-17-2014, 12:32 PM
Yeah that is going to be a tough game. Oddly enough the thing that gave me a bit of hope going into the Super Bowl against such a tough team is that Denver was able to overcome how good KC was on defense last year. It really all does come down to matchups for that game. Our stout run defense needs to find its footing again and make Alex Smith one dimensional. On the same token, we can't start out one dimensional against the Chiefs or its going to be a long day.

That rat trap of a stadium they have will be rocking. You have to get by that first 15 to 20 minutes of emotion and electricity in that dump. If you let it get out of hand quickly there, it can be a nightmare. You got to remember, we have to make the most out of every opportunity they give you cause they play ball control on offense. They opened up with a 9 minute drive yesterday with that dink and dunk shit they do all day.

Nomad
11-17-2014, 12:35 PM
That rat trap of a stadium they have will be rocking. You have to get by that first 15 to 20 minutes of emotion and electricity in that dump. If you let it get out of hand quickly there, it can be a nightmare. You got to remember, we have to make the most out of every opportunity they give you cause they play ball control on offense. They opened up with a 9 minute drive yesterday with that dink and dunk shit they do all day.

Cold, noise, slow starts, night game......I hope Manning doesn't psych himself out.

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 12:50 PM
This is why nobody should be panicking.

It doesn't matter if th Broncos go 16-0 or 9-7 and get into the playoffs, it matters what happens in the playoffs.

You can be concerned all you what, but let's not sit here and act like a SuperBowl winning team from the past has not had ups and dowsn throughout the season, questions on both sides of the ball, and got hot in the playoffs and rolled through the SuperBowl on the road in environments nobody thought they could possibly win.

#Ravensforexample

It only matters what happens in the playoffs. And if they don't win it this year, the coaching staff should be gone. So far, Fox, Gase, and DelRio have all been completely underwhelming. They have the playoffs this season to figure it out.

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 12:50 PM

The Chargers are done. That team sucks.

Northman
11-17-2014, 12:53 PM

Yea, Alex Smith still sucks but he does what he needs to for that team and that is take care of the football. He is basically the Chiefs Trent Dilfer and all he needs to do is take care of the football and let the rest of the team carry the weight which they can do. We wont beat them in Arrowhead this year playing like we have been.

Bronco9798
11-17-2014, 12:54 PM
Yeah, well that sounds nice. Would you rather play in NE or Den in January? The regular season depends on who, when, and where you play. So it's not about only what happens when you get there, it's your situation before you get there. The 97 Broncos did it all on the road and winning the Super Bowl. This isn't that team. This team needs home field advantage and we're squandering it.

Bronco9798
11-17-2014, 12:55 PM
Yea, Alex Smith still sucks but he does what he needs to for that team and that is take care of the football. He is basically the Chiefs Trent Dilfer and all he needs to do is take care of the football and let the rest of the team carry the weight which they can do. We wont beat them in Arrowhead this year playing like we have been.

I know. This game could decide the division title in a round about way. It will give the winner an opportunity to control their own destiny.

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 12:57 PM
Yeah, well that sounds nice. Would you rather play in NE or Den in January? The regular season depends on who, when, and where you play. So it's not about only what happens when you get there, it's your situation before you get there. The 97 Broncos did it all on the road and winning the Super Bowl. This isn't that team. This team needs home field advantage and we're squandering it.

How many home games have the Patriots lost in the playoffs? 4 or 5 since their last SuperBowl win? . Again, let's not pretend that SuperBowl winning teams have never gone on the road before.

Bronco9798
11-17-2014, 01:01 PM
How many home games have the Patriots lost in the playoffs? 4 or 5 since their last SuperBowl win? . Again, let's not pretend that SuperBowl winning teams have never gone on the road before.

You're talking generalities. I'm talking about this team, this year. This team doesn't just want to get in, they want and need home field. We are not winning in NE in January wit this team. if you think we are, good for you. It don't take a genius to see what this team needs. It's not a road game in January against a good team with a good defense.

Nomad
11-17-2014, 01:04 PM
Does Manning really give you that much confidence on the road? Yeah, he could surprise us and find some sort of rejuvenating juice, but realistically, he sucks on the road especially during playoff time.

SR
11-17-2014, 01:06 PM
I'm not panicking. Yesterday was just an eye opener for me. All year long I've watched this team with the expectation that they go to the Super Bowl again...not anymore.

silkamilkamonico
You're talking generalities. I'm talking about this team, this year. This team doesn't just want to get in, they want and need home field. We are not winning in NE in January wit this team. if you think we are, good for you. It don't take a genius to see what this team needs. It's not a road game in January against a good team with a good defense.

The discussions you're talking about with this team are nothing different than what Ravens fans were saying 2 years ago (alot of them said forget the SuperBowl, we won't even make the playoffs), along with every other "underwhelming" SuperBowl team. Who's to say a team like Pittsburgh doesn't go into New England and beat them before we would even have to face them? That could very well happen. I am speaking in generalities, you are speaking in false facts.

Northman

I get what your saying but right now this team is 2-3 on the road so that isnt a very endorsing record to have. While they could still technically pull it together and run the table (they have the talent to do so) at this stage it doesnt look very promising. Denver right now just needs to take it game by game and then let the chips fall where they may.

Bronco9798
The discussions you're talking about with this team are nothing different than what Ravens fans were saying 2 years ago (alot of them said forget the SuperBowl, we won't even make the playoffs), along with every other "underwhelming" SuperBowl team. Who's to say a team like Pittsburgh doesn't go into New England and beat them before we would even have to face them? That could very well happen. I am speaking in generalities, you are speaking in false facts.

Sure. You just keep thinking what you want to think. It's cool....

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Does Manning really give you that much confidence on the road? Yeah, he could surprise us and find some sort of rejuvenating juice, but realistically, he sucks on the road especially during playoff time.

If that's the mantra on Manning, than we aren't winning a SuperBowl with him anyways, considering it isn't played at home. I cannot believe people are talking about one of the G.O.A.T like this. Might as well kick him out the window and go with Brock Osweiler right now.

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 01:08 PM
I get what your saying but right now this team is 2-3 on the road so that isnt a very endorsing record to have. While they could still technically pull it together and run the table (they have the talent to do so) at this stage it doesnt look very promising. Denver right now just needs to take it game by game and then let the chips fall where they may.

Than what does it matter. SuperBowl isn't being played in Denver this year.

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Sure. You just keep thinking what you want to think. It's cool....

Yea, I heard that last year when "there is no way this team will even make it to the SuperBowl".

I tell you one thing, if we don't make it to the SuperBowl this year, it won't be because of Manning. If till be because our DC stubbornly plays pssively with a bunch o aggressive players.

Bronco9798
11-17-2014, 01:10 PM

When you hit the road in the playoffs, they are usually pretty good teams. You'r really not going to change the complexion of this team. It is what it is. If we don't get home field advantage, in my opinion, we're pretty much doomed. Again, just my opinion. I don't like what I see out of this team with the coaching, horrible o line and a terrible running game. Just not my idea of a Super Bowl team right now.

Bronco9798
11-17-2014, 01:12 PM
Yea, I heard that last year when "there is no way this team will even make it to the SuperBowl".

I tell you one thing, if we don't make it to the SuperBowl this year, it won't be because of Manning. If till be because our DC stubbornly plays pssively with a bunch o aggressive players.

I never heard say last years teams wouldn't make it to the Super Bowl? I missed that, I guess. We were picked and favored at the start of the year by almost all publications. Again, Never heard that at all.

Nomad
11-17-2014, 01:14 PM
If that's the mantra on Manning, than we aren't winning a SuperBowl with him anyways, considering it isn't played at home. I cannot believe people are talking about one of the G.O.A.T like this. Might as well kick him out the window and go with Brock Osweiler right now.

Here we go with the pity party talk:lol:. Can't talk bad about Manning. You know we give shit to Cutler for shitting the bed, and the apologists blame the oline, receivers, defense, coaches, and everyone else or he doesn't have the right parts, and now finally they realize it's Cutler. This could be said for Manning as of late, and in his playoff history.

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 01:14 PM
When you hit the road in the playoffs, they are usually pretty good teams. You'r really not going to change the complexion of this team. It is what it is. If we don't get home field advantage, in my opinion, we're pretty much doomed. Again, just my opinion. I don't like what I see out of this team with the coaching, horrible o line and a terrible running game. Just not my idea of a Super Bowl team right now.

Ok then. This is the deal. Denver is not going to get HFA over New England this year. It isn't going to happen. And if the general consensus of the fans here is that we can't win on the road anyways, than this season is unofficially over.

IMHO, Denver has a better opportunity of pulling their heads out of their asses in one game at Foxborough in the playoffs and winning, then the Patriots losing 2+ games the rest of the way. If Denver has a .2% chance of winning in Foxborough in January, than they have a .1% chance of New England dropping 2+ games the rest of the year.

I guess we can be a little more accepting of the perishing of the rest of the season, or else happily go on with our lives.

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 01:15 PM
Here we go with the pity party talk:lol:. Can't talk bad about Manning. You know we give shit to Cutler for shitting the bed, and the apologists blame the oline, receivers, defense, coaches, and everyone else or he doesn't have the right parts, and now finally they realize it's Cutler. This could be said for Manning as of late, and in his playoff history.

Please don't put words into my posts. Everyone here knows Manning needs to play better. But your absolutely blind if you don't think the players around him need to play better. Especially on defense, where we were hoping to have a dominant defense, and it hasn't been.

Nomad
11-17-2014, 01:18 PM
Please don't put words into my posts. Everyone here knows Manning needs to play better. But your absolutely blind if you don't think the players around him need to play better also.

The QB is the hero when things go right, and they should be the zero when things go wrong. He is the leader of this team.

Northman
11-17-2014, 01:19 PM

Nah, definitely let him finish the year to see if he can right the ship and get us back. Thats what he is paid to do so might as well get our money's worth. But going into next year i zero problem moving with Oz or some other QB. I think Peyton has taken us as far as he can but there is still a lot of work that needs to be done before this team is truly championship material. Had we not got blown out last year like we did and not struggled this year i might feel differently. But nothing i have seen this year has shown me that we have that special something to win it all. Hopefully, the team can reach deep down and find that mojo they need to get it done but if you cant see that this team has some major issues i dont know what to tell you.

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 01:19 PM
The QB is the hero when things go right, and they should be the zero when things go wrong. He is the leader of this team.

No. Russell WIlson did not single handily beat Denver in the SuperBowl last season. The defense did.

Northman
11-17-2014, 01:20 PM
I never heard say last years teams wouldn't make it to the Super Bowl? I missed that, I guess. We were picked and favored at the start of the year by almost all publications. Again, Never heard that at all.

Me either. I call BS on that. lmao

Shazam!
11-17-2014, 01:20 PM

No. Russell WIlson did not single handily beat Denver in the SuperBowl last season. The defense did.

...and even worse, exposed the team's weakness apparently.

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 01:21 PM
Nah, definitely let him finish the year to see if he can right the ship and get us back. Thats what he is paid to do so might as well get our money's worth. But going into next year i zero problem moving with Oz or some other QB. I think Peyton has taken us as far as he can but there is still a lot of work that needs to be done before this team is truly championship material. Had we not got blown out last year like we did and not struggled this year i might feel differently. But nothing i have seen this year has shown me that we have that special something to win it all. Hopefully, the team can reach deep down and find that mojo they need to get it done but if you cant see that this team has some major issues i dont know what to tell you.

The major issues argument is irrelevant at this point. Yes they have major issues. So did the Patriots 5 weeks ago when our own fanbase was laughing at them like a circus of clowns. That doesn't mean it's impossible for them to be worked out or dealt with. It happens every season in the NFL throughout the season to a plethora of teams.

Bronco9798
11-17-2014, 01:22 PM
Please don't put words into my posts. Everyone here knows Manning needs to play better. But your absolutely blind if you don't think the players around him need to play better. Especially on defense, where we were hoping to have a dominant defense, and it hasn't been.

Our Defense has played well enough to win almost every game this year. That game yesterday, the D kept waiting for help from the Offense. And kept waiting. We were within 7 to 9 points all day yesterday. The Offense was so out manned and getting physically whipped. They couldn't do nothing. Can't blame the D for that one. They kept it close all day waiting for help.

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 01:22 PM

Congratulations. I'm very proud of you. And I also didn't say that you did.

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 01:23 PM
Our Defense has played well enough to win almost every game this year. That game yesterday, the D kept waiting for help from the Offense. And kept waiting. We were within 7 to 9 points all day yesterday. The Offense was so out manned and getting physically whipped. They couldn't do nothing. Can't blame the D for that one. They kept it close all day waiting for help.

The defense lost the Seattle game when their offense marched right down the field and scored like they were facing a Sunbelt defense. The defense dropped how many points to New England? Yes, the offense shit the bed yesterday. So did Gase for calling 9 f'n run plays or whatever.

Bronco9798
11-17-2014, 01:24 PM
The major issues argument is irrelevant at this point. Yes they have major issues. So did the Patriots 5 weeks ago when our own fanbase was laughing at them like a circus of clowns. That doesn't mean it's impossible for them to be worked out or dealt with. It happens every season in the NFL throughout the season to a plethora of teams.

Patriots are well coached and they are playing great football. They're not going into a funk all of a sudden. Yes, if we go there in January, the odds are, we're pretty much going to have a hard time winning there. That's just common sense. Anything can happen, sure. But not likely.

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 01:26 PM
Patriots are well coached and they are playing great football. They're not going into a funk all of a sudden. Yes, if we go there in January, the odds are, we're pretty much going to have a hard time winning there. That's just common sense. Anything can happen, sure. But not likely.

Excactly. Thank you for acknowledging that this season is unofficially over and we can watch the rest of the good that we choose to knowing that the inevitable bad is waiting, or move on with our lives.

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 01:27 PM

I'm just not sure why we bother. It seems to be a common theme around here that him winning in January on the road just isn't going to happen.

Northman
11-17-2014, 01:27 PM

True.

However, both teams like the Pats and Packers seem to have figured their issues out and are playing their best ball right now. This team in my opinion is far too talented not too be playing at that kind of level. This isnt just about this past week but the last few weeks. We are getting to a point where we are not even competing in those games. I can handle losing a close battle, but the way we are losing is not what is expected of this ball club and should not be accepted. I mean, i know the running joke on here is bust Jay Cutler's chops for his QB play but right now our QB is doing the same stupid mistakes that he is and we all know how much better Manning is. Im disappointed that we have spent as much money as we have on a QB so the amount of expectations is greater for me as a fan. If Manning is done, than he is done. I can live with that. But lets not keep going with this and parade him around like an over the hill Favre for the next couple of years.

Northman
11-17-2014, 01:28 PM
I'm just not sure why we bother. It seems to be a common theme around here that him winning in January on the road just isn't going to happen.

I never said it wouldnt happen, i just dont see it happening. But im also going to say that winning at home is no guarantee either (see Ravens game).

Nomad
11-17-2014, 01:30 PM
Excactly. Thank you for acknowledging that this season is unofficially over and we can watch the rest of the good that we choose to knowing that the inevitable bad is waiting, or move on with our lives.

You're better than this, man. No one is throwing in the towel. I, myself, want Manning to step up chew the coaches ass, chew on the offense, and look in the mirror and tell himself to grow some balls and play tough. It's gonna get cold, it's gonna be loud, and teams are gonna punch him in the mouth. He needs to punch back.

If Manning is the GOAT, the coaches should have enough respect to listen

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 01:32 PM
True.

However, both teams like the Pats and Packers seem to have figured their issues out and are playing their best ball right now. This team in my opinion is far too talented not too be playing at that kind of level. This isnt just about this past week but the last few weeks. We are getting to a point where we are not even competing in those games. I can handle losing a close battle, but the way we are losing is not what is expected of this ball club and should not be accepted. I mean, i know the running joke on here is bust Jay Cutler's chops for his QB play but right now our QB is doing the same stupid mistakes that he is and we all know how much better Manning is. Im disappointed that we have spent as much money as we have on a QB so the amount of expectations is greater for me as a fan. If Manning is done, than he is done. I can live with that. But lets not keep going with this and parade him around like an over the hill Favre for the next couple of years.

I agree. I'll just wait and see what happens in the next 6+ games to see if the caoches can save their jobs. This is on the coaches, it isn't on Manning.

Manning plays well enough for us to win 95%+ of the time, as long as the oline holds up their end of the deal. Coaches have failed miserably with the oline which is our biggest weakness, and they better figure things out quick. Gase has underachieved in playcalling, and all these posts I see around here about him becoming a head coach is laughable IMO. Del Rio is a terrible playcaller, and with this group who wants to get up in the offenses face and play aggressive, is being failed by a DC that calls passive plays and soft coverages with no blitzing.

All the components need to figure it out, and Manning needs to play better when it does. I'm just not sure how all this comes down to Peyton Manning and only Peyton Manning.

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 01:34 PM
You're better than this, man. No one is throwing in the towel. I, myself, want Manning to step up chew the coaches ass, chew on the offense, and look in the mirror and tell himself to grow some balls and play tough. It's gonna get cold, it's gonna be loud, and teams are gonna punch him in the mouth. He needs to punch back.

If Manning is the GOAT, the coaches should have enough respect to listen

I don't know, I'm certainly getting that impression in this thread from alot of you guys. But then again that is perception, like how some here get the perception that people are babying Manning, which I don't see at all happening either. I haven't seen one post around here saying, "if Mannig inly had better players around him he'd be perfect." Manning is part of the puzzle that needs to get better. But when the defense pins their ears down and get's to manning in .2 seconds because our oline sucks, I have to laugh at all the "Manning sucks because he can't scramble and make plays" like I saw in the game thread yesterday.

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 01:36 PM
I never said it wouldnt happen, i just dont see it happening. But im also going to say that winning at home is no guarantee either (see Ravens game).

Would you rather take a January game in Foxborough in the 40's, sunny with no wind, or a January game in Denver with 10-20 degrees and 20-30 mph gusts?

Nomad
11-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Manning needs to loosen up a bit, when he went all emo in the San Diego game and the BRONCOS had the game, it seems the team kinda went limp.

Northman
11-17-2014, 01:40 PM
I agree. I'll just wait and see what happens in the next 6+ games to see if the caoches can save their jobs. This is on the coaches, it isn't on Manning.

Manning plays well enough for us to win 95%+ of the time, as long as the oline holds up their end of the deal. Coaches have failed miserably with the oline which is our biggest weakness, and they better figure things out quick. Gase has underachieved in playcalling, and all these posts I see around here about him becoming a head coach is laughable IMO. Del Rio is a terrible playcaller, and with this group who wants to get up in the offenses face and play aggressive, is being failed by a DC that calls passive plays and soft coverages with no blitzing.

All the components need to figure it out, and Manning needs to play better when it does. I'm just not sure how all this comes down to Peyton Manning and only Peyton Manning.

Well, to be clear. Im not throwing everything on Peyton. Ive never stated that personally. While im ok with a coach like Fox im not really his biggest fan coaching wise. But the lst few weeks at least from Peyton's perspective is he has been turning the ball over a lot so im not sure what is going on with him because some of the turnovers are happening when he has time. Some of it could be route running, but some of it is on him himself. The thing for me is no matter how great i think John Elway was he made some pretty bad plays of his own. It happens.

The only difference right now for this squad is because of the amount of youth we have on this team its IMPERATIVE that Manning plays his absolute best because we really dont have any team leaders outside of him on offense. We have put all our chips into the Manning basket so as he goes the team goes. It can be debatable as too where the brunt of the blame for woes can go but in the end the players still have to make the plays on the field. And since Manning is the legend, etc he is the one who has to really make it happen. Maybe its unfair but this is what Peyton signed up for when he came here. He knew the type of young team we had here, this isnt a team built like it was when John won championships so unfortunately the brunt of the pressure has to fall on Peyton himself.

Bronco9798
11-17-2014, 01:41 PM
Would you rather take a January game in Foxborough in the 40's, sunny with no wind, or a January game in Denver with 10-20 degrees and 20-30 mph gusts?

You take the home game regardless of weather. There is no travel, it's your home, your comfort zone, and your fans. Really a stupid question.

Northman
11-17-2014, 01:41 PM

Wont matter to me personally. I think the most important thing for us right now is too stop turning the ball over. You just cant win doing that and those and some of the penalties are just killing us right now. Correcting those things would go a very long way for things to turn around right now.

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 01:43 PM
You take the home game regardless of weather. There is no travel, it's your home, your comfort zone, and your fans. Really a stupid question.

Not really, you'd rather take playing conditions where Manning can't throw the ball at all, and try to force our run game and defense to win the game, when you can choose great conditions where there's no excuse for Manning weatherwise to not move the ball? That's just f'n stupid.

BroncoJoe
11-17-2014, 01:45 PM
Pats play the Lions this weekend, then visit Green Bay and San Diego after that. The rest of their schedule are probably wins over the Dolphins, at Jets, Buffalo.

There is a chance they drop two, even though they're playing very well. Detroit has a stout defense (jekyll and hyde offense) and I don't see them winning in Green Bay. Who knows what team shows up with the Chargers.

I'm not sure we can win out though. We have the Dolphins, @ Chiefs, Bills, @ Chargers, @ Bengals then Raiders. I'd guess we drop at least one of those games meaning NE would have to lose three. Doubt that.

At that point, we can only hope NE suffers a loss in the playoffs before we'd have to go there.

Bronco9798
11-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Not really, you'd rather take playing conditions where Manning can't throw the ball at all, and try to force our run game and defense to win the game, when you can choose great conditions where there's no excuse for Manning weatherwise to not move the ball? That's just f'n stupid.

Again, and the last time, you take the home game. They have to play on those conditions too. You never want to travel in the playoffs. Period. Period.......Just stupid.

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Yea I don't think we win in KC. I'm not worried at all about the Chargers. Bills could give us some issues with their defense but that game is at home. Bengals is going to be really tough game, tough defense on the road against a team that can look like the best team in the NFL some sundays or the worst team others.

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 01:49 PM
Again, and the last time, you take the home game. They have to play on those conditions too. You never want to travel in the playoffs. Period. Period.......Just stupid.

No. Just stupid to choose to take the game completely out of the hands of Manning, who some are saying is the only chance we have to win if he can figure it out. Yet you want to take the game completely out of his control, when you have an option of putting him in great weather conditions. But that's just my opinion.

Nomad
11-17-2014, 01:54 PM
I hope the BRONCOS figure it out quick, and start their run with the Dolphins.

OrangeHoof
11-17-2014, 01:55 PM

Maybe one of our trolls can cite the Patriots' post-season record in Foxboro since 2001. My guess is that it's pretty intimidating. I think the Ravens pulled it off one year but, otherwise, you have to get the Patriots out of that hellhole where bizarre things happen first before expecting a Patriot loss, particularly so with Manning involved.

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 01:56 PM
I hope the BRONCOS figure it out quick, and start their run with the Dolphins.

That is something we all can agree on. I think for me it's just wait till playoffs. They could go and drop 50 against Miami and look great and then shit the bed next week and then we have questions again.

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2014, 02:00 PM
Maybe one of our trolls can cite the Patriots' post-season record in Foxboro since 2001. My guess is that it's pretty intimidating. I think the Ravens pulled it off one year but, otherwise, you have to get the Patriots out of that hellhole where bizarre things happen first before expecting a Patriot loss, particularly so with Manning involved.

Pretty f'n good. 12-3. 4-3 since spygate.

Nomad
11-17-2014, 02:00 PM
That is something we all can agree on. I think for me it's just wait till playoffs. They could go and drop 50 against Miami and look great and then shit the bed next week and then we have questions again.

I believe this is the 'turning point' game.

PatriotsGuy
11-17-2014, 02:01 PM

Do you have a lot of trolls here?

7DnBrnc53
11-17-2014, 02:30 PM

They have lost three home playoff games since 2009. It's not that intimidating.

Northman
11-17-2014, 02:32 PM
Do you have a lot of trolls here?

That shit was funny. I needed that PAGS.

tripp
11-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Pats play the Lions this weekend, then visit Green Bay and San Diego after that. The rest of their schedule are probably wins over the Dolphins, at Jets, Buffalo.

There is a chance they drop two, even though they're playing very well. Detroit has a stout defense (jekyll and hyde offense) and I don't see them winning in Green Bay. Who knows what team shows up with the Chargers.

I'm not sure we can win out though. We have the Dolphins, @ Chiefs, Bills, @ Chargers, @ Bengals then Raiders. I'd guess we drop at least one of those games meaning NE would have to lose three. Doubt that.

At that point, we can only hope NE suffers a loss in the playoffs before we'd have to go there.

Pretty much what I'm thinking too. Although New England isn't impossible to beat in NE either, we need to stop putting them on a pedestal. With that being said, we looked ******* awful Sunday. We need to focus more on our remaining games than the Pats. How did we only score 7 points. :eek:

Bronco9798
11-17-2014, 03:32 PM
Pretty much what I'm thinking too. Although New England isn't impossible to beat in NE either, we need to stop putting them on a pedestal. With that being said, we looked ******* awful Sunday. We need to focus more on our remaining games than the Pats. How did we only score 7 points. :eek:

Because their defense was mean, played with a purpose, they hit us, they were bigger than us, and they intimidated us. We thought we could finesse them up front. Total failure.

tomjonesrocks
11-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Ok then. This is the deal. Denver is not going to get HFA over New England this year. It isn't going to happen. And if the general consensus of the fans here is that we can't win on the road anyways, than this season is unofficially over. IMHO, Denver has a better opportunity of pulling their heads out of their asses in one game at Foxborough in the playoffs and winning, then the Patriots losing 2+ games the rest of the way. If Denver has a .2% chance of winning in Foxborough in January, than they have a .1% chance of New England dropping 2+ games the rest of the year. I guess we can be a little more accepting of the perishing of the rest of the season, or else happily go on with our lives.

Pretty much the way I see it. Denver was in a position where they had to win out for HFA and it didn't happen.

Sucks with this personnel. What more really could JFE have done (well, other than at RB which is his achillies heel).

With HFA out of the picture why not try some drastic moves? Move Franklin back and see what happens. Play Thompson and get more physical.

In the end I think the only hope left that I see is NE getting beat unexpectedly in their first playoff matchup like Denver did vs the Ravens -- but status quo really makes no sense to me.

aberdien
11-17-2014, 04:15 PM
Realism is okay. We know our weaknesses, and that's a good thing. We still have the talent to win the SB. The Broncos have never won in STL, and STL has beat/made it close with most everybody they've played this season. Better to suck now than later. No worries.

tripp
11-17-2014, 04:37 PM
Because their defense was mean, played with a purpose, they hit us, they were bigger than us, and they intimidated us. We thought we could finesse them up front. Total failure.

What about the Chiefs? The Chiefs D isn't mean or they don't play with a purpose? We played the Chiefs earlier in the season and beat them. I'll take the Chiefs D over the Rams D anyday. Say what you want, but we can hang with tough defences. The Rams caught the Broncos at the right time, when there is an obvious problem that lies deeper than just the shuffling of our O-line. We're not obviously playing our best football right now. Back to the drawing board and time to test some new plays out, and exploit each team's defensive weakness.

VonDoom
11-17-2014, 04:41 PM
Back to the drawing board and time to test some new plays out, and exploit each team's defensive weakness.

I alluded to this elsewhere, and I agree - we play too similar against every team. It's not that hard for the other team to figure out what we like to do. A lot of teams can't compete with our talent, so we win anyway. But if we're playing a team that can slow us down, we get out of rhythm and can't adjust. Our offense is timing based, and when that timing is off, we're in big trouble (see: pretty much every loss from the Super Bowl on).

tripp
11-17-2014, 04:48 PM
I alluded to this elsewhere, and I agree - we play too similar against every team. It's not that hard for the other team to figure out what we like to do. A lot of teams can't compete with our talent, so we win anyway. But if we're playing a team that can slow us down, we get out of rhythm and can't adjust. Our offense is timing based, and when that timing is off, we're in big trouble (see: pretty much every loss from the Super Bowl on).

And when you don't have the timing right with your passes, you look for another way to get it done, I.E: the running game. We had 9 rushes yesterday. I don't get it, if the door is locked, why try to keep turning the knob? Look for another way to open it. We were forcing passes left, right, and center yesterday. Most of those forced passes were frustrating because you can't really expect Jacob Tamme to beat a CB 1 on 1 on a fly route. We didn't incorporate Juwan Thompson, which I felt would've been a good guy to go to on 3rd and short. But what do I know.

Valar Morghulis
11-17-2014, 05:32 PM
I think we should give Mister Cobble another shot - he could be the catalyst we need

HORSEPOWER 56
11-17-2014, 05:52 PM

You always take Denver. Another, and less talked about thing, is that Manning struggles on the road when there's crowd noise and he can't just easily audible and call plays. The Superbowl, Seattle, NE, the Rams, hell he even struggled in Oakland until the INT and CJ's superhuman effort took the wind out of the Oakland crowd (what little crowd showed up).

Valar Morghulis
11-17-2014, 06:00 PM
Up until the NE game manning was having another MVP season.

We took down the Cards and 49ers.

We have not lost a game in the division.

Most importantly, my new away jersey should be here soon.

Slick
11-17-2014, 06:09 PM
I don't know, I'm certainly getting that impression in this thread from alot of you guys. But then again that is perception, like how some here get the perception that people are babying Manning, which I don't see at all happening either. I haven't seen one post around here saying, "if Mannig inly had better players around him he'd be perfect." Manning is part of the puzzle that needs to get better. But when the defense pins their ears down and get's to manning in .2 seconds because our oline sucks, I have to laugh at all the "Manning sucks because he can't scramble and make plays" like I saw in the game thread yesterday.

He doesn't suck because he can't scramble, but his extremely limited mobility is a huge factor when playing the good defenses. That's the type of comments that were made in the gameday thread. Your quote is a huge exaggeration.

Joel
11-17-2014, 06:30 PM

This 3-6 team was one of the games we HAD to win or a shot at homefield, because running the table with seven games left was never likely, and even if we did that, we still needed NE to lose once.

Now it's much worse; even we run the table we need NE to lose TWICE. Basically, we must win our last 6 or NE must lose 3 of their last 6; both are pretty implausible. Miami's a good team (ask NE,) so unless we sort out our line in the next six DAYS we'll be lucky to win our next ONE, let alone our next six. We may be lucky to last long enough for a beatdown @NE. One thing's certain: If Brady makes it to a record sixth SB over Mannings broken dreams, that chant at the end of our LAST trip to NE will be heard forever.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-17-2014, 06:42 PM

I think a lot of it was shuffling the O-line. They weren't good before, but now they can't pass protect, can't run, and get called for more and more penalties every game. I hate to say it, but just go back to the original lineup with Clark at RT and see what happens. Every time we change the lineup, the line gets worse. Call it subtraction by addition...

OrangeHoof
11-17-2014, 06:59 PM
Watching Manning getting sacked yesterday was like watching a giraffe getting eaten by a bunch of lions. He can't possibly outrun anyone so he just gets swallowed up.

CrazyHorse
11-18-2014, 12:13 AM
The Chargers are done. That team sucks.
I hope not. They need to upset the Patriots. Pats have to go to the west coast so it's a possibility. They rarely drop two games in a row though.

I think the Packers beat the Patriots. Pats are good at home so the best bet for them to lose another game would probably be the Chargers on the road. The Jets could also pull it off. I would love home field advantage in the playoffs but we had it the last two years and we all know how well that turned out.

Yea I don't think we win in KC. I'm not worried at all about the Chargers. Bills could give us some issues with their defense but that game is at home. Bengals is going to be really tough game, tough defense on the road against a team that can look like the best team in the NFL some sundays or the worst team others.

I think we can the run the table. It's a possibility, but I don't think it's likely. We need to get some injured players back and fix the issues with the offensive line playing so poorly. Manning has historically owned the Chiefs. The Dolphins, Chargers, and Bengals are all toss ups at this point.

MOtorboat
11-18-2014, 03:43 AM

Sky definitely isn't falling, that's for sure. But I expect that reaction after a poor game.

shasta01
11-18-2014, 10:54 AM
This is why nobody should be panicking.

It doesn't matter if th Broncos go 16-0 or 9-7 and get into the playoffs, it matters what happens in the playoffs.

You can be concerned all you what, but let's not sit here and act like a SuperBowl winning team from the past has not had ups and dowsn throughout the season, questions on both sides of the ball, and got hot in the playoffs and rolled through the SuperBowl on the road in environments nobody thought they could possibly win.

#Ravensforexample

It only matters what happens in the playoffs. And if they don't win it this year, the coaching staff should be gone. So far, Fox, Gase, and DelRio have all been completely underwhelming. They have the playoffs this season to figure it out.

You should be very concerned because the simple fact is the Broncos aren't going into Foxboro and wining in January. So to pretend that just getting into the playoffs is all that matters is like whistling past the grave yard.

Valar Morghulis
11-18-2014, 12:51 PM
You should be very concerned because the simple fact is the Broncos aren't going into Foxboro and wining in January. So to pretend that just getting into the playoffs is all that matters is like whistling past the grave yard.

What team do you follow mate

Simple Jaded
11-20-2014, 12:20 AM
Pound it! Launch it! And Bring the Funk!.......and put some Stank on it!

tripp
11-21-2014, 02:10 AM
Five reasons not to panic:
1: Peyton Manning
2: Peyton Manning
3: Peyton Manning
4: Peyton Manning
and last but certainly not least, 5: Peyton Manning.

OrangeHoof
11-21-2014, 01:21 PM
6. The Chiefs could still lose to the Raiders.

Runamok
11-21-2014, 04:23 PM
I'm not panicking. Yesterday was just an eye opener for me. All year long I've watched this team with the expectation that they go to the Super Bowl again...not anymore.

Getting to the Super Bowl in consecutive years is not easy.

Runamok
11-21-2014, 04:31 PM

I don't think Peyton deserves all the blame but he sure don't seem to get it together unless all the pieces fall into place for him.

Also, I don't care what anyone says, that secondary sucks.

Runamok
11-21-2014, 04:45 PM

I have to disagree, Joe. The only question mark in their next three games is GB. They will SMOKE Detroit at home and toy with the Chargers as they usually do. NE-GB is probably a toss-up with either of them capable of beating the other.

Joel
11-21-2014, 06:47 PM
Detroit's had a soft schedule before now, and it's starting to show, but visitors winning @Lambeau in December's about as hard as winning @Foxborough. Having Verrett join Hardwick and Ingram on IR definitely doesn't help the Bolts, but they're still a good team, and most of the starters they were missing against us are starting to return now. It's very easy to see NE lose both those games.

The problem is even IF they do, we must STILL win out to get homefield, and must make the same strip to visit that same Bolts team starting to get healthy. The Pats are surging and we fading now; if we had our heads right and ANY kind of blocking we could beat anyone anywhere, but I've waited 2½ seasons for that to happen and it's worse than ever. If we put ourselves together well enough to earn homefield, we won't need it, but if not, it won't matter: The team the 3-6 Rams beat by two scores couldn't beat NE at Mile High nor anywhere else.

Cugel
11-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Detroit's had a soft schedule before now, and it's starting to show, but visitors winning @Lambeau in December's about as hard as winning @Foxborough. Having Verrett join Hardwick and Ingram on IR definitely doesn't help the Bolts, but they're still a good team, and most of the starters they were missing against us are starting to return now. It's very easy to see NE lose both those games.

The problem is even IF they do, we must STILL win out to get homefield, and must make the same strip to visit that same Bolts team starting to get healthy. The Pats are surging and we fading now; if we had our heads right and ANY kind of blocking we could beat anyone anywhere, but I've waited 2½ seasons for that to happen and it's worse than ever. If we put ourselves together well enough to earn homefield, we won't need it, but if not, it won't matter: The team the 3-6 Rams beat by two scores couldn't beat NE at Mile High nor anywhere else.

This is all true. But, remember that it was at this exact point in the season that the 2012 Ravens went to 9-2 after beating the Chargers, then wound up the season losing 4 out of their final five including getting blown out by Denver 34-17 to finish the season 10-6.

Then they got hot in the playoffs, walloped the Colts, beat us on the Rahim Moore fiasco and then absolutely crushed the Patriots 28-13 in Foxborough. Then the SB wasn't even close until the power failure allowed the 49ers to claw their way back into the game.

So, frankly, who the hell knows what's going to happen? Last year was about the first year in the last 5 you could possibly have predicted a probable Super Bowl winner at this point in the season (the Seahawks looked very strong).

MasterShake
12-01-2014, 12:36 PM
This is all true. But, remember that it was at this exact point in the season that the 2012 Ravens went to 9-2 after beating the Chargers, then wound up the season losing 4 out of their final five including getting blown out by Denver 34-17 to finish the season 10-6.

Then they got hot in the playoffs, walloped the Colts, beat us on the Rahim Moore fiasco and then absolutely crushed the Patriots 28-13 in Foxborough. Then the SB wasn't even close until the power failure allowed the 49ers to claw their way back into the game.

So, frankly, who the hell knows what's going to happen? Last year was about the first year in the last 5 you could possibly have predicted a probable Super Bowl winner at this point in the season (the Seahawks looked very strong).

As crushing as that loss to Baltimore was, I think its something I always keep in mind. Teams can struggle in the regular season and get hot just at the right time and blow through to a title. One of the things I like about Denver right now is that we seem to be picking up steam when we have to. It was great to see our team win when Peyton struggled a bit.

aberdien
12-01-2014, 03:54 PM
1 reason not to panic: CJ Anderson

tripp
12-01-2014, 04:53 PM

O-line looked much better, I didn't recall any holding penalties. Did see a few illegal formation penalties, but one was on Demaryius.

Valar Morghulis
12-01-2014, 05:06 PM

Is it possible cj stands for neo

VonDoom
12-01-2014, 05:58 PM
O-line looked much better, I didn't recall any holding penalties. Did see a few illegal formation penalties, but one was on Demaryius.

I believe both of those were on Sanders. But your point stands - I think we only had five penalties last night, which was pretty refreshing to see.

BroncoJoe
12-01-2014, 06:21 PM
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2014/0804/20140804__cj-anderson~p1.jpg