PDA

View Full Version : Peyton's Take: 'No excuses'

Denver Native (Carol)
11-16-2014, 09:01 PM
from article:

As John Fox put it, "Whenever you get one-dimensional, they’re teeing off on you. It’s not a fun day at the office if you’re playing up front."

"That’s probably not the ideal scenario that you want to take place coming into the game, so I think that plays into [the Rams'] strengths a little bit," Manning added. "But those are passes I’ve got to complete and I thought the guys up front fought like crazy against a good rush.

"I didn’t feel like I carried my weight today and offensively we’ve got to score more points than seven. That’s pretty plain and simple. ...Certainly we have to take responsibility for not doing our job on offense, and that starts with me."

full article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Peytons-Take-No-excuses/f1e99fc9-b228-49c7-b95f-9098d101049c

Appears that Peyton did not think the OL had a bad game.

wayninja
11-16-2014, 09:10 PM
While I'm happy that he's taking the brunt of the responsibility, I'm getting a bit tired of Peyton taking a mulligan. It's his offense, he needs to figure it out. Quick.

Northman
11-16-2014, 09:13 PM
Meh, Manning is starting to wear thin on me. Just correct the problem and quit talking already. Prove it on the field.

BroncoWave
11-16-2014, 09:13 PM
Peyton is always gonna say the right things and put responsibility on himself. Wouldn't put too much stock into what he says in a press conference.

BroncoWave
11-16-2014, 09:14 PM
Meh, Manning is starting to wear thin on me. Just correct the problem and quit talking already. Prove it on the field.

Well he has to talk to the media after the game. Part of the job description.

silkamilkamonico
11-16-2014, 09:16 PM
Peyton is always gonna say the right things and put responsibility on himself. Wouldn't put too much stock into what he says in a press conference.

Yes, I'm not sure what people are expecting him to say. He isn't going to through others under the bus, and he shouldn't.

I think everyone in the lockerroom knows that there are big time problems along the oline, and they are trying to fix it but don't know how at this point.

SR
11-16-2014, 09:43 PM
from article: full article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Peytons-Take-No-excuses/f1e99fc9-b228-49c7-b95f-9098d101049c Appears that Peyton did not think the OL had a bad game. Do you think he would say they did even if they didn't?

Joel
11-16-2014, 09:58 PM
When they went one-and-done as the #1 seed hosting Pitt in '05, he put the whole thing on his offensive line, prompting derision around the league (and much glee in Denver, who hosted the AFCCG because of it instead of going on the road for another 41-10 beatdown @Indy; turns out the prize for someone else beating the team you can't beat is gettting to play the team that beat the team you couldn't.)

That's all these comments (and the ones after NE) are, IMHO. He should be careful though, because homerism and his history make blaming every loss on him natural. We signed him to a team that needed unprecedented luck just to finish .500, then hoped to build a championship team around him before he ran out of gas: If we fail, all the folks who bought their SB tickets the day he bought his house in Denver will be the first to say that failure's all on our choking "best regular season QB." It sure won't be any deeper, bigger systemic problem with the TEAM, because that's not easily fixed and lead uncomfortable places.

tripp
11-16-2014, 10:39 PM
My issue is this: Rams do indeed have a good pass rush, I would be tempted to say the Dolphins have an even better pass rush, the Bills also have a good pass rush. What are we going to do against teams who have better offenses than the Rams, which I think Dolphins and Bills are better offensively than the Rams. Greg Zuerlein for Christ sakes scored 16 points.

Krugan
11-16-2014, 11:14 PM
10-6 is a real possibility.

Not sure thats enough to win the west, maybe a wild card.

Please put franklin back at RT, Vasquez back and start ANYONE but Manny.

The idea failed, Franklin isnt the answer at guard. We managed to have a record year with him at RT, despite his poor ass super bowl.

Its the one move we havent reversed so far....

Joel
11-16-2014, 11:18 PM
Never good when a 3-win teams PLACEKICKER can beat you by 2 scores. Best. Passing. EVAH! But STILL no run game, and one-dimensional teams win few games.

Joel
11-16-2014, 11:19 PM

The idea failed, Franklin isnt the answer at guard. We managed to have a record year with him at RT, despite his poor ass super bowl.

So who plays LG? Sign Incognito, put in the former DT who spent his first few seasons in the Air Force, or...?

Franklin may (sadly) be the best of our few uniformly bad RT options (despite Elways comment Cornick earned the start and it wasn't a reflection on Clark) but the real problem was always having two holes to fill with one mediocre-to-worse OT. WHEREVER we stick him, we still need someone else for the other hole, and really ought to stick him on the bench and find TWO someone elses. Except it's too late.

ShaneFalco
11-16-2014, 11:37 PM
My issue is this: Rams do indeed have a good pass rush, I would be tempted to say the Dolphins have an even better pass rush, the Bills also have a good pass rush. What are we going to do against teams who have better offenses than the Rams, which I think Dolphins and Bills are better offensively than the Rams. Greg Zuerlein for Christ sakes scored 16 points.
greg the leg is beast

CrazyHorse
11-17-2014, 12:10 AM

Frankling back to RT. Incognito to LG, Manny at center, and Vasquez at RG.

Shazam!
11-17-2014, 12:45 AM
That's twice he condemned his play in 3 weeks. I know the OLine is to blame for many of the prblems, but if he keeps talking like that he'll leave next year, retirement or elsewhere.

LRtagger
11-17-2014, 09:59 AM
Frankling back to RT. Incognito to LG, Manny at center, and Vasquez at RG.

Manny on the bench

Nomad
11-17-2014, 10:31 AM
Manning, this is your team, right the ship!

GEM
11-17-2014, 11:00 AM
Do you think he would say they did even if they didn't?

He threw a much better line in Indy under the bus.

Joel
11-17-2014, 12:48 PM
He threw a much better line in Indy under the bus.
I still think all he's doing now is trying to AVOID doing that again. That was a decade ago, and he's older and wiser now. We'll see how awful he thinks he is next offseason, when a ton of young stars at the end of cheap contracts can and will demand and get many times their current salaries from SOMEONE. As things stand, it's hard to see how we convince Manning to stick around for another futile season.

tripp
11-17-2014, 02:55 PM
I still think all he's doing now is trying to AVOID doing that again. That was a decade ago, and he's older and wiser now. We'll see how awful he thinks he is next offseason, when a ton of young stars at the end of cheap contracts can and will demand and get many times their current salaries from SOMEONE. As things stand, it's hard to see how we convince Manning to stick around for another futile season.

We shouldn't be convincing Manning to do anything. We equipped him with a ready made SB team, he just needed to orchestrate it. I wonder how hard you'd have to convince Tom Brady (if he was let go by the Patriots of course) to play with Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas, Wes Welker, and Emmanuel Sanders. Both sides have benefited from this is all I'm saying.

I have no doubt in my mind Manning comes back next year. He still has football in him that exceed past this year. You don't just go from being a top 5 QB in the first half of the season to a terrible QB. Things need to be adjusted/tweaked in the offence, whatever they have been doing this past 2 weeks to change things up, it hasn't worked. Back to the drawing board. I blame the O-line for a bit of Manning's performance. I blame Manning as well. A lot of rushed throws, even saw a Jay Cutler-esque back foot throw which I've never seen Manning do, not in recent memory atleast.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Here are both segments of Peyton's postgame.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Manning_on_227_loss_to_St_Louis/c808178b-2f23-40ad-9713-4856fc2875df

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Manning_I_give_them_a_lot_of_credit/50cbf202-90a5-4368-ae8e-74491d4bd490

Joel
11-17-2014, 06:07 PM
We DIDN'T equip him with a ready made SB team: It was Swiss cheese roster that needed the luckiest streak in football history to even finish 8-8, so once we signed Manning on the wrong side of 35 we had to rush to fill ALL those holes before his rapidly closing window shut for good. I concede Elway did a pretty good job, but the ONE exception is the ONE place inexcusable for a QB who learned the hard way a great line is the difference between 3 SB blowouts and a repeat championship: The line.

When Bradys line was a dumpster fire he looked like crap and the talk of the league was whether the Pats would CUT him; the difference is Belicheat sorted that crap out, his line's playing well and suddenly NE's the dominant NFL team again. Meanwhile, all our coaches AND ELWAYS have done with an offensive line that lost the SB almost singlehandedly is reshuffle the same bad players to different spots, despite a FA pool AND draft class LOADED with top guard talent.

It used to baffle me how none of could see (or at least wouldn't publicly admit) the problem, but it's TRULY inexplicable how they could see the problem and STILL refuse to solve it even with a wealth of great options. It's the ONE thing preventing a championship, there's TONS of guys who'd dramatically improve it—but no, let's go pay a bunch more Pro Bowl defenders after publicly (and rightly) saying "our defense kept us in" the SB even with HALF its starters out hurt. Let's make a good unit even better and ignore the awful one that cost us a SB. #Championship

If we fail yet again though, it'll aaaall get blamed on Manning. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the guy, because this is exactly what I feared would happen if we brought him to an unready team: He wouldn't win us a championship singlehandedly, but everyone would EXPECT him to, so blame all our failures on the mercenary choker from Indy.

It's already starting; why Manning would come back for more of the same is beyond me.

7DnBrnc53
11-17-2014, 06:43 PM
We DIDN'T equip him with a ready made SB team: It was Swiss cheese roster that needed the luckiest streak in football history to even finish 8-8, so once we signed Manning on the wrong side of 35 we had to rush to fill ALL those holes before his rapidly closing window shut for good. I concede Elway did a pretty good job, but the ONE exception is the ONE place inexcusable for a QB who learned the hard way a great line is the difference between 3 SB blowouts and a repeat championship: The line.

When Bradys line was a dumpster fire he looked like crap and the talk of the league was whether the Pats would CUT him; the difference is Belicheat sorted that crap out, his line's playing well and suddenly NE's the dominant NFL team again. Meanwhile, all our coaches AND ELWAYS have done with an offensive line that lost the SB almost singlehandedly is reshuffle the same bad players to different spots, despite a FA pool AND draft class LOADED with top guard talent.

It used to baffle me how none of could see (or at least wouldn't publicly admit) the problem, but it's TRULY inexplicable how they could see the problem and STILL refuse to solve it even with a wealth of great options. It's the ONE thing preventing a championship, there's TONS of guys who'd dramatically improve it—but no, let's go pay a bunch more Pro Bowl defenders after publicly (and rightly) saying "our defense kept us in" the SB even with HALF its starters out hurt. Let's make a good unit even better and ignore the awful one that cost us a SB. #Championship

If we fail yet again though, it'll aaaall get blamed on Manning. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the guy, because this is exactly what I feared would happen if we brought him to an unready team: He wouldn't win us a championship singlehandedly, but everyone would EXPECT him to, so blame all our failures on the mercenary choker from Indy.

It's already starting; why Manning would come back for more of the same is beyond me.

If this team doesn't win it all, or even get to the big one, I don't know if Manning should be allowed to come back. I am starting to have flashbacks with Dan Marino and Don Shula and the 92 AFC Title Game, where, despite playing against an average, undersized defense (that Dallas ran over), they didn't try to run the ball.

If the Broncos are only going to run it nine times, after Anderson may be starting to establish himself, they don't want to win.

tripp
11-17-2014, 08:14 PM
If this team doesn't win it all, or even get to the big one, I don't know if Manning should be allowed to come back. I am starting to have flashbacks with Dan Marino and Don Shula and the 92 AFC Title Game, where, despite playing against an average, undersized defense (that Dallas ran over), they didn't try to run the ball.

If the Broncos are only going to run it nine times, after Anderson may be starting to establish himself, they don't want to win.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side. It won't take long for everyone to reminisce about the Manning days in Denver once he's gone. Enjoy the ride while you can. Running it nine times, which I agree is absurdly low, shouldn't shock anyone. Be shocked when you run the ball more times than you pass, like the Tebow days.

Valar Morghulis
11-18-2014, 02:41 PM
We should be running more than 9 times, especially when Welker was dropping it, DT was double teamed and Sanders and JT were out. With CJ running hard he should have got more of a work out.

Manning has frustrated me recently as well, i even found myself thinking he might be done - but that is just crazy talk. He was walking to his 6th MVP after the 49ers game - he has sucked assh0les for 3 games in a row. We can not deny that - but i hope he comes back for another year at least. I am just loving this time of being a Broncos fan - we are contending, and doing so in the most competitive NFL ever.

We will come good. (i hope lol)

I would rather have these discussions and concerns about the imperfections of this team than watching a nail biting end of season run with Tebow just to finish .500

Tangerine
11-18-2014, 06:44 PM
We should be running more than 9 times, especially when Welker was dropping it, DT was double teamed and Sanders and JT were out. With CJ running hard he should have got more of a work out.

Manning has frustrated me recently as well, i even found myself thinking he might be done - but that is just crazy talk. He was walking to his 6th MVP after the 49ers game - he has sucked assh0les for 3 games in a row. We can not deny that - but i hope he comes back for another year at least. I am just loving this time of being a Broncos fan - we are contending, and doing so in the most competitive NFL ever.

We will come good. (i hope lol)

I would rather have these discussions and concerns about the imperfections of this team than watching a nail biting end of season run with Tebow just to finish .500

For whatever reason, the coaching staff panicked when Hillman got hurt and are now simply refusing to run the ball, despite Anderson being the best RB on the team in every statistic. A player like Anderson needs carries to get going though, he may get stuffed a few times, but eventually he'll start wearing down the d-line, and the big runs will start coming. It'll also slow down the pass rush, the pass rushers on the d-line love teeing off on the QB every play, they hate having to tackle a bruising RB.

7DnBrnc53
11-18-2014, 06:57 PM
The grass isn't always greener on the other side. It won't take long for everyone to reminisce about the Manning days in Denver once he's gone. Enjoy the ride while you can. Running it nine times, which I agree is absurdly low, shouldn't shock anyone. Be shocked when you run the ball more times than you pass, like the Tebow days.

Not if we don't win a ring, and not if the Pats win more SB's than we do. Manning should have been the answer to them, and they are 1-3 against them. Not right.

tripp
11-18-2014, 07:42 PM
Not if we don't win a ring, and not if the Pats win more SB's than we do. Manning should have been the answer to them, and they are 1-3 against them. Not right.

Just wondering, what team did we beat to get to the Super Bowl?

7DnBrnc53
11-19-2014, 02:15 AM
Just wondering, what team did we beat to get to the Super Bowl?

The Pats, but we got trounced. And, this year, we should be 9-1, and NE should be 3-7. However, it's not working out that way. The Pats don't go away, and we are underachieving with moron coaches that better get it together, or their jobs are gone.

MOtorboat
11-19-2014, 02:21 AM
The Pats, but we got trounced. And, this year, we should be 9-1, and NE should be 3-7. However, it's not working out that way. The Pats don't go away, and we are underachieving with moron coaches that better get it together, or their jobs are gone.

Lol.

I honestly tried not to be a dick and respond, but this is just too funny. New England should be 3-7?

Good grief.

Ziggy
11-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Where are the adjustments in these games? Manning gets pummeled, and we don't go to max protect. They are shutting down the passing game, and we don't hammer the ball with the run. We just completely abandon the running game. This team has been outcoached all season long. Most of the games, the talent has overcome that deficit. This offense is the most predictable offense in the league, and it just doesn't change. I've never seen a offense with this much talent be so darn boring.

This team has championship talent and bush league coaching. If success comes, it will be more because of changes to the scheme and not the starting 22.

Northman
11-19-2014, 12:45 PM
Where are the adjustments in these games? Manning gets pummeled, and we don't go to max protect. They are shutting down the passing game, and we don't hammer the ball with the run. We just completely abandon the running game. This team has been outcoached all season long. Most of the games, the talent has overcome that deficit. This offense is the most predictable offense in the league, and it just doesn't change. I've never seen a offense with this much talent be so darn boring.

This team has championship talent and bush league coaching. If success comes, it will be more because of changes to the scheme and not the starting 22.

I agree. Very lazy coaching on the part of Fox and company.

Joel
11-19-2014, 03:29 PM
I agree. Very lazy coaching on the part of Fox and company.
Too shabby? Think Elway's second guessing Foxs extension yet?

Northman
11-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Too shabby? Think Elway's second guessing Foxs extension yet?

Not sure. I mean, on one hand im kind of tired of Fox's coaching but on the other who else is out there worth hiring? Does Elway take a chance and go for a young gun again or does he stick with more experienced coaching? I suppose its all going to depend on what Manning does. If Peyton retires than John may decide to go elsewhere in the coaching ranks but if Manning stays i doubt he messes with it.

Joel
11-19-2014, 03:46 PM
If Manning's up for more of this frustration, replacing Fox may be the only hope of getting him and us over the hump. I'd take Kubiak in a heartbeat; I guarantee there wouldn't be all this valid moaning about our wreteched blocking and nonexistent run game, especially if he brought along Dennison as his assistant like he did in Houston and now Baltimore. Kubiaks SOLE problem once Wade built him a D was that his starting QB was so awful he managed to play BOTH of them out of a job; he'd have Manning in Denver, so problem solved.

For that matter, I'd probably take DENNISON over Fox; he was a LB on several SB teams (that happened to be ours,) then our STs, offensive line and finally OC coach before becoming Kubiaks Houston OC and now his QB coach in Baltimore, so he knows all three phases of the game well. It's not a matter of just getting retread Broncos (though that certainly wouldn't hurt; Elway knows both of them well,) but Dennison would probably and Kubiak DEFINITELY be a vast improvement on Fox.

Joel
11-19-2014, 03:55 PM
I also might just promote Del Rio; the supposed defensive guru we have for HC now isn't exactly electrifying, and even the folks who've thought well of our D the past four years tend to give the credit to either Del Rio or, before him, Allen. During Foxs surgery last year, we had a VERY rough stretch: @SD, KC and @NE; Del Rio was in charge for those games, and the only loss was at the very end of regulation when he lost two key defensive starters right around halftime and played the OT without the starting RB who'd carried the team all game.

Sure, it was a loss, but if Welker doesn't muff the punt with ~3:00 left it almost certainly goes in the books as a tie (at least) at a place we've been BLOWN OUT in ALL our other meetings. Not to mention that we led 24-0 at halftime despite Manning barely throwing for 100 yds in 5 qtrs of play. Anyone think there's ANY way Fox keeps us in that game with Manning playing so badly? If he'd played that game even as well as this years NE game, we win by double digits in regulation, but even a slightly below average Manning performance this year was enough to earn us another NE blowout, with no run game to save us.

I'm not quite to the point of "anyone but Fox," but getting close.

Northman
11-19-2014, 04:04 PM
We should of just signed this guy instead...

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Peyton-Manning-Cell-Phone-Commercial.jpg

Joel
11-19-2014, 04:48 PM
We should of just signed this guy instead...

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Peyton-Manning-Cell-Phone-Commercial.jpg
You laugh, but I was wondering last night what's next for Manning when he retires. I mean, the natural answer is position coach or maybe even OC somewhere, but—where? After Irsay threw him under the bus last year, you can bet he's not going back to Indy to coach the guy who took his job. Does he stick around Denver trying to coach up the guy he's made a spectator at not only games but PRACTICES for three years running? As football-fixated as Manning is, it's hard and a little sad to predict what he does after retirement; I'm sure he's discussed it often and at length with his dad though.

Maybe that's why he's still playing; I've heard a lot of retired players offer advice to younger ones that basically boils down to "NOTHING else will ever feel the same as taking the field on gameday, so play as long as you physically can." Then again, there's his health to consider; as I recall, he was diagnosed with the spinal stenosis condition that ended his older brothers football career before it even began, and have four spinal surgeries can't possibly have helped that. We SERIOUSLY need to FINALLY sort out our line and get this done once and for all.

Otherwise, Manning, Denver and everyone else will be hearing that "Brady's Better" chant until the end of time, especially if Brady goes to a record 6th SB over Mannings shattered dreams of a 3rd.

Northman
11-19-2014, 04:57 PM
You laugh, but I was wondering last night what's next for Manning when he retires. I mean, the natural answer is position coach or maybe even OC somewhere, but—where? After Irsay threw him under the bus last year, you can bet he's not going back to Indy to coach the guy who took his job. Does he stick around Denver trying to coach up the guy he's made a spectator at not only games but PRACTICES for three years running? As football-fixated as Manning is, it's hard and a little sad to predict what he does after retirement; I'm sure he's discussed it often and at length with his dad though.

Maybe that's why he's still playing; I've heard a lot of retired players offer advice to younger ones that basically boils down to "NOTHING else will ever feel the same as taking the field on gameday, so play as long as you physically can." Then again, there's his health to consider; as I recall, he was diagnosed with the spinal stenosis condition that ended his older brothers football career before it even began, and have four spinal surgeries can't possibly have helped that. We SERIOUSLY need to FINALLY sort out our line and get this done once and for all.

Otherwise, Manning, Denver and everyone else will be hearing that "Brady's Better" chant until the end of time, especially if Brady goes to a record 6th SB over Mannings shattered dreams of a 3rd.

Well, ive always preferred Brady over Manning even though they are both really great QB's. But i agree that for Peyton's legacy it would be nice for Denver and great for his resume to cap off a career with a SB win. Just need to get our shit together.

Ravage!!!
11-19-2014, 05:08 PM
No.. I don't think Elway is second guessing his decision to Fox. I think the EASIEST complaint to make is the couch QBs complaints about game-plays and play calling.

Even IF you read a book, we don't know nearly as much about football as Fox does. We don't know what kind of adjustments were made, or weren't made. We don't know what kind adjustments the defense made, as they are paid to do their jobs as well. We don't know if there COULD be adjustments made for the problems that were occuring. This assumption that "all we have to do" is make adjustments, and that fixes everything, is short sighted. It's inaccurate.

Ravage!!!
11-19-2014, 05:10 PM
You laugh, but I was wondering last night what's next for Manning when he retires. I mean, the natural answer is position coach or maybe even OC somewhere, but—where?

The natural answer is coaching? I do n't think Manning will coach. I think he'll be on one of the TV shows and analyze games and QB plays for the TV audience.

But IF he would ever wish to be a OC... there is no "where"...because I'm confident there would be a line of teams willing to take his football mind to call plays since he's done that throughout his career.

However, can someone as anal as Manning really call plays for another QB and accept inferior play/reads? Idk.

Joel
11-19-2014, 06:16 PM
Just my impression from a distance, but I think a booth would be too far away from the game for anyone as football-obsessed as Manning. It's not the same without a personal stake (vicarious or otherwise) in the outcome. You're surely right he'll have a host of suitors lining up just as when he hit free agency, but it's hard to see where he'll end up, because going back to Indy is impossible and staying in Denver could be awkward (plus I doubt a Gulf Coast native will stay in the Rockies for one moment longer than he's playing.)

Denver Native (Carol)
11-19-2014, 08:09 PM
John Fox says opinions "are like body parts: everybody has one." And lately everyone seems to have a few about the Broncos' offense.

Among the most opinionated? Peyton Manning.

"In my opinion, we lost that game (to the Rams) because I didn't play well enough in the passing game," Manning said Wednesday. " Did we throw it a lot? Yes, we did. There were plays to be made and I didn't make them."

AND

But does Manning feel his offensive line is good enough?

"Certainly. It's not easy forming chemistry in just two weeks in the middle of the season," he said. "What's that, just a handful of practices they've had together?"

full article - plus Peyton video
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26970511/peyton-manning-candid-dissecting-broncos-offensive-issues

Joel
11-19-2014, 08:48 PM
That doesn't sound terribly candid at all: He took all the blame for himself, with everyone from analysts to former Broncos to his own coach pointing fingers at the line. He's clearly trying to AVOID the candor widely panned after his #1 seeds one-and-done playoff performance in 2005. It's big of him, but c'mon: If a team holds its opponents to FGs or less on all but one drive yet only runs NINE times, that's not on the QB, not unless Gase sent in lots of runs but Manning audibled to a pass on nearly every one of them. Peytons take generously offers plenty of excuses to many people who've earned far fewer "passes" than he.

tomjonesrocks
11-19-2014, 08:56 PM
Even at the time I thought Manning got way too much shit for that "protection problems" thing.

He was getting questioned and made a slight slip up by prefacing his comment with "I'm trying to be a good teammate but" which drew attention.

But they did have protection problems in that game and he was just pointing out the obvious. What a big nothing that was. He should say it again now.

Northman
11-19-2014, 09:13 PM
No.. I don't think Elway is second guessing his decision to Fox. I think the EASIEST complaint to make is the couch QBs complaints about game-plays and play calling.

Even IF you read a book, we don't know nearly as much about football as Fox does. We don't know what kind of adjustments were made, or weren't made. We don't know what kind adjustments the defense made, as they are paid to do their jobs as well. We don't know if there COULD be adjustments made for the problems that were occuring. This assumption that "all we have to do" is make adjustments, and that fixes everything, is short sighted. It's inaccurate.

Well shit Rav, lets just close down the forum and not comment anymore. You've clearly shut everyone up, nothing but us dumbass primitives sitting from our couches cant possibly know anything about foozball or see what is happening on gameday. Shit, ive been wasting so much time here when you could of set me straight 7 years ago. Thanks!