PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the rest of the schedule

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
11-16-2014, 05:20 PM
What are your predictions for the Broncos remaining games? We're 2-3 on the road this season with 3 road games against tough opponents. In addition, we will be playing a good front 7 at home next week.

I say we go 3-3 or 4-2 down the stretch.

Northman
11-16-2014, 05:46 PM
Hard to say, this team is up and down week by week. You never know what your going to get like a box of chocolates.

BroncoWave
11-16-2014, 05:52 PM
Yeah hard to say , 4-2 I guess?

Dapper Dan
11-16-2014, 05:55 PM
I agree. It's impossible to tell. We beat Arizona by 3 TDs and get shut down by the Rams. It might be best to use a magic 8 ball.

Dapper Dan
11-16-2014, 05:56 PM
The biggest question marks will be the road games, like you said. SD, KC, and Cincy. I really hope we beat Cincy.

Dzone
11-16-2014, 06:05 PM
at chiefs and at chargers, theres 2 losses right there

SR
11-16-2014, 06:07 PM
I think we are looking at 10-6 and a wild card spot if we're lucky.

Nomad
11-16-2014, 06:09 PM
I think the Dolphins game is very important to the BRONCOS psychy. It could be the litmus test for the rest of the season.

BroncoWave
11-16-2014, 06:11 PM
I think the Dolphins game is very important to the BRONCOS psychy. It could be the litmus test for the rest of the season.
If we lose to Miami, at home, then it will be pretty clear that this team doesn't have a heart and will never get one. That game is a must-win.

Nomad
11-16-2014, 06:17 PM
If we lose to Miami, at home, then it will be pretty clear that this team doesn't have a heart and will never get one. That game is a must-win.

I agree, and if I remember correctly, Dolphins have always been a PITA for the BRONCOS, whether in Denver or Miami. Other than that one SB year, of course:D

Shazam!
11-16-2014, 06:38 PM
Worst 7-3 team in the NFL.

ShaneFalco
11-16-2014, 06:55 PM
i think Denver will win out the rest.

Davii
11-16-2014, 06:56 PM
13-3, 1 seed.

Joel
11-16-2014, 07:03 PM
Worst 7-3 team in the NFL.
Nah, the Chefs are a faux 7-3, just as they were a faux 11-5 last year. They're still tied with us for the division lead though.

Everywhere except the interior offensive line, we have the talent to beat anyone anywhere. Yet we lack the COACHING to do so, else our line wouldn't be such a mess even after those coaches FINALLY realized the multitude of blocking sins Mannings elite skills were covering (Question: Is there a prize for eventually figuring out what's been obvious for 3+ seasons? Answer: Yes, the Lamar Hunt Trophy.)

So no predictions; games are only predictable when teams are, and we never know which Broncos'll show up each week nor even each HALF. The team that came back from 24-0 to beat SD, or that gave them a 24-0 lead in the first place? The team that led 24-0 @NE, or the team that blew that lead to lose in OT? The team that opened the season with a 24-0 lead on Indy, or the team that nearly blew that one, too? The team that won 34-17 @Baltimore (and only a garbage time TD made it THAT close) or the one that lost at home to the SAME TEAM just a month later?

Who knows? All I know for sure is that any team that wants a Lombardi must be able to bring its A game for 60:00 a minimum of 3 straight games.

DenBronx
11-16-2014, 07:38 PM
13-3, 1 seed.

I like that. We would have to win out. After how we played against NE and SL ...im thinking not so much.

We go 4-2 down the stretch and end up 2nd or 3rd seed. Road will go through NE in the playoffs. Windows closing guys and this team better fix their ish now or were going to be on the outside looking in once again.

Just not buying this team this year so far. I can only hope we get HOT near the playoffs. Teams that seem to win it all get hot down the stretch. Im hoping that will be us this year. I could careless about going 13-3, 14-2, 15-1 or 16-0. That means nothing because we haven't taken advantage when we had those records. Give me 11-5 and a hot/healthy team come playoff time.

LawDog
11-16-2014, 07:50 PM
Nah, the Chefs are a faux 7-3, just as they were a faux 11-5 last year. They're still tied with us for the division lead though.

Everywhere except the interior offensive line, we have the talent to beat anyone anywhere. Yet we lack the COACHING to do so, else our line wouldn't be such a mess even after those coaches FINALLY realized the multitude of blocking sins Mannings elite skills were covering (Question: Is there a prize for eventually figuring out what's been obvious for 3+ seasons? Answer: Yes, the Lamar Hunt Trophy.)

So no predictions; games are only predictable when teams are, and we never know which Broncos'll show up each week nor even each HALF. The team that came back from 24-0 to beat SD, or that gave them a 24-0 lead in the first place? The team that led 24-0 @NE, or the team that blew that lead to lose in OT? The team that opened the season with a 24-0 lead on Indy, or the team that nearly blew that one, too? The team that won 34-17 @Baltimore (and only a garbage time TD made it THAT close) or the one that lost at home to the SAME TEAM just a month later?

Who knows? All I know for sure is that any team that wants a Lombardi must be able to bring its A game for 60:00 a minimum of 3 straight games.

KC is not tied with Den in division lead. Den is 3-0 including a victory against KC. Chefs have won just a single division game.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-16-2014, 08:23 PM
If Sanders or Thomas (at least 1) can't play next week, chalk up another loss. Tamme doesn't come close to JT in production (and can't block either) and I doubt Lattimer will be able to make up for the production that Sanders brings.

Dapper Dan
11-16-2014, 08:39 PM
If Sanders or Thomas (at least 1) can't play next week, chalk up another loss. Tamme doesn't come close to JT in production (and can't block either) and I doubt Lattimer will be able to make up for the production that Sanders brings.

I don't think TE will be a big deal, but I agree on Sanders. He's really made a lot of plays the last several weeks.

Joel
11-16-2014, 10:04 PM
KC is not tied with Den in division lead. Den is 3-0 including a victory against KC. Chefs have won just a single division game.
Not technically, but the division games aren't over yet, so that tiebreak's undecided, even if we nominally hold it now. They're also at home for 3 of their remaining 4, with Oakland the only road game, while we're on the road for 2 of the last 3, with Oakland the only HOME game. We REALLY need to beat them @Arrowhead to lock up the division, but that's a tough place for any visitor, definitely including us.

CrazyHorse
11-16-2014, 11:54 PM
13-3 is still possible. I think NE loses at Green Bay but I don't see any other losses for them, maybe SD since they have to travel to the west coast. At the beginning of the season I predicted we would be 13-3 with losses at Seattle, New England, and for a random one St. Louis since it was a third consecutive road game. They're right on track so far. Injuries are starting to pile up and the offensive line is a mess. If these don't get resolved the Broncos won't be going very far in the post-season. Worst case scenario we go 2-4 finishing 9-7 just missing the playoffs. I think the team's too talented for that to happen though.