PDA

View Full Version : Other forums

Dman444
09-16-2009, 01:53 PM
I just joined this forum yesterday after seeing it on the Broncomania and I've seen a lot of familiar names from both the Orangemane and BM.

Do you guys mainly just post on this site now? Why the switch?

dogfish
09-16-2009, 01:57 PM
can't speak for anyone else, but this is the only forum i post on, and it has been since it first came into existence two years ago. . . .

CrazyHorse
09-16-2009, 02:02 PM
I was on broncosfreak.com (not broncosfreaks.com) as a different name for a short period of time. Albeit under a different username. When it closed I came here and so did some of the other users. Some went back to broncosfreaks.com though.

West
09-16-2009, 02:07 PM
I only post on this one. This is the best Bronco site that i've come across.

GEM
09-16-2009, 02:09 PM
I was really undecided and non-committal to this place when it first came to be. I was tied into Mania and almost felt like I was betraying them if I made the move. Then when most of the people I really enjoyed weren't at Mania anymore, I slowly migrated here. Happy I did though, love this place.

Welcome to the boards, hope you enjoy your stay! :salute:

dogfish
09-16-2009, 02:11 PM
I was really undecided and non-committal to this place when it first came to be. I was tied into Mania and almost felt like I was betraying them if I made the move. Then when most of the people I really enjoyed weren't at Mania anymore, I slowly migrated here. Happy I did though, love this place.

plus, we don't have to be moderated by that nazi lord trychon over here. . . .

West
09-16-2009, 02:12 PM

He does have an extraordinary fiance though.

T.K.O.
09-16-2009, 02:13 PM
i used to like mania,but found this site has alot less "trash talk" and anger.
sure there are good heated debates but not the personal stuff.
and i just feel like people here are more friendly....its kinda like a small town compared to the inner city.
and i guess since i have spent most of my life in small towns (black hawk/central city before the whole gambling thing ruined them and where i live now in montana)i am more comfortable here.
besides.....its the best broncos website in the world !:salute:

T.K.O.
09-16-2009, 02:14 PM
He does have an extraordinary fiance though.

is that her in your sig?.....extraordinary indeed !;)

West
09-16-2009, 02:15 PM
is that her in your sig?.....extraordinary indeed !;)

Sadly, no. I've asked Dr. V if she could send me a pic for me to put in my sig but no luck. Some BS about LT wouldn't like it. :yardog:

T.K.O.
09-16-2009, 02:17 PM

i guess it would be rude to mention the main person that caused me to leave mania........alastor..........so i wont!
now thats a nazi.....that alastor person of whom i will not mention that is !;)

outdoor_miner
09-16-2009, 02:27 PM
I started off posting at the mane, but the overwhelming and suffocating negativity of that place caused me to come over here. I still check out the Mane once in awhile (as there are some super-duper smart football guys that post on the site), but I like the general attitude of people here better. Not that anyone really cares. :cool:

yardog
09-16-2009, 02:32 PM
I started off posting at the mane, but the overwhelming and suffocating negativity of that place caused me to come over here. I still check out the Mane once in awhile (as there are some super-duper smart football guys that post on the site), but I like the general attitude of people here better. Not that anyone really cares. :cool:

:tsk:

Traveler
09-16-2009, 02:33 PM

OooH! I'm gonna tell!:D

frauschieze
09-16-2009, 02:36 PM
I started out at the Freak, came here when it shut down. Now I post mainly here but sometimes at the "new Freak". I have an account on the Mane but I don't check in there often at all.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-16-2009, 02:37 PM
I came here for the free milk and cookies.

girler
09-16-2009, 03:42 PM
I came here to abuse and to be abused. But the milk and cookies aren't bad either. Plus, it's got great smilies! :salute:

Dman444
09-16-2009, 03:53 PM
I post mostly on BM, I also use OM a lot too. Hopefully I now hjave three places to talk about the Broncos!

Tned
09-16-2009, 03:55 PM
I was tricked into posting here. Still sometimes wonder how that happened (thanks Carol :sad: :mad: :sad:)

GEM
09-16-2009, 03:55 PM
As long as you make this place the main place, I'll do what I can to protect you from the newbie hazing. *giggles*

Kidding, of course. We don't have hazing. Unless you start 20 mindless threads, especially if there is already 20 mindless threads on the same mindless subjects.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-16-2009, 03:56 PM
We do too have hazing. It's just too bad Bill Devaroe is doing his community service today. You came here on a lucky day DMAN!!!!

West
09-16-2009, 03:57 PM
As long as you make this place the main place, I'll do what I can to protect you from the newbie hazing. *giggles*

Kidding, of course. We don't have hazing. Unless you start 20 mindless threads, especially if there is already 20 mindless threads on the same mindless subjects.

Hey! :yardog:

GEM
09-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Hey! :yardog:

You're lucky your still here after your first day blitz. :laugh:

West
09-16-2009, 04:00 PM
You're lucky your still here after your first day blitz. :laugh:

Shooooot. I wasn't worried in the slighest. :coffee:

:cool:

Northman
09-16-2009, 04:07 PM
I know ive made the switch from the Mane to here about a year ago but i still do go to the Mane time to time.

dogfish
09-16-2009, 04:15 PM
I post mostly on BM, I also use OM a lot too. Hopefully I now hjave three places to talk about the Broncos!

we're cooler than those other places-- you should post here. . . . :D

yea, we don't do any of that stuff. . . .

NOW SHOW US YOUR TITS!!

D1g1tal j1m
09-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Posted on Broncosfreak before it closed down. Found this place through postings at BF as to who to switch to. Happy I did.

Welcome!

powderaddict
09-16-2009, 04:40 PM
I post on BM the most (It's where my Bronco's posting career started), lurk here all the time and post fairly regularly, I like how the moderation here isn't as intrusive and a lot of my favorite posters from BM are here, I read MHR often and post there once in awhile.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2009, 04:41 PM
I was tricked into posting here. Still sometimes wonder how that happened (thanks Carol :sad: :mad: :sad:)

You ain't a kiddin you were tricked, and I was totally exhausted and blue in the face trying to convince you - it must have lasted AT LEAST 5 SECONDS :D

:welcome: to Broncos Forums Dman444 :salute:

orangeandblueblooded
09-16-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm currently suspended from the mane, and I don't think I will be going back there for a while. You know how when woman hang out together for a while they et on the same cycle....It is never ending PMS over there.

also, Kaylore is one of the reasons I frequented that place and now he is here. I am a follower....

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm currently suspended from the mane, and I don't think I will be going back there for a while. You know how when woman hang out together for a while they et on the same cycle....It is never ending PMS over there.

also, Kaylore is one of the reasons I frequented that place and now he is here. I am a follower....

:welcome: Great to have you here :salute:

Day1BroncoFan
09-16-2009, 04:53 PM
I started at mania. Came here when it started and have been here since. I still posted at mania for a while but can't remember the last time I was on that board.

:welcome:

orangeandblueblooded
09-16-2009, 04:56 PM
:welcome: Great to have you here :salute:

thanks..

GEM
09-16-2009, 05:06 PM

Welcome to the boards! :salute: Kaylore is a pretty good guy to follow.

powderaddict
09-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Welcome to the boards! :salute: Kaylore is a pretty good guy to follow.

He's got the best avi on the web, so he at least has that going for him :lol:

RunYouOver
09-16-2009, 05:14 PM
I post on the Mania and here...more over there. It's just one of those things where I've been there for so long, I don't want to leave, no matter how ridiculous some of the posts get ;)

Although I have been here since it started, too. I'm everywhere :D

Dean
09-16-2009, 05:48 PM
I am promiscuous. I don't post a lot but if something catches my interest I will post until something else catches my attention. Most of my posting is here but I also post on Broncomania (Broncos country), Orange Mane. and Mile High Report.

dogfish
09-16-2009, 05:50 PM
You ain't a kiddin you were tricked, and I was totally exhausted and blue in the face trying to convince you - it must have lasted AT LEAST 5 SECONDS :D

carol, that just did NOT sound good. . . . :huh:

groupie!

:laugh:

Meck77
09-16-2009, 05:51 PM
I joined the original Broncomania back in 2000. Actually back then nobody even really posted there and the Chat room was the most active place to talk Broncos. Then I joined the mane, the freaks, here...wherever. It's the forum...it's what you make of it.

T.K.O.
09-16-2009, 05:51 PM
I am promiscuous. I don't post a lot but if something catches my interest I will post until something else catches my attention. Most of my posting is here but I also post on Broncomania (Broncos country), Orange Mane. and Mile High Report.

your like a record.....you get AROUND !:D

dogfish
09-16-2009, 05:54 PM
so why is it that nobody from the mane ever followed hotrod over here?

Grover
09-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Topscribe sent me a PM to invite me over here when Broncomania went all weird.

I don't post (much) but find this to be the most intelligent Broncos community. The Mane is great during training camp because of the detailed camp reports.

I stick around because I'm always learning something, and because I'm addicted to dogfish's selection of avatars.

NameUsedBefore
09-16-2009, 05:55 PM
I'd say a good lot of people are from Broncomania which, to many, kinda went down the tubes in terms of quality fairly quickly.

Dean
09-16-2009, 06:37 PM
your like a record.....you get AROUND !:D

. . . and around.

I like that simile compared to some others that come to mind.

T.K.O.
09-16-2009, 06:39 PM

yeah but it was his first time......;)

topscribe
09-16-2009, 06:42 PM
I just joined this forum yesterday after seeing it on the Broncomania and I've seen a lot of familiar names from both the Orangemane and BM.

Welcome to the board! :welcome:

For my explanation, and on the behalf of the others there, see my sig. :)

-----

topscribe
09-16-2009, 06:43 PM
I only post on this one. This is the best Bronco site that i've come across.

There goes the neighborhood . . . :coffee:

-----

weazel
09-16-2009, 07:24 PM
I was on broncosfreak.com (not broncosfreaks.com) as a different name for a short period of time. Albeit under a different username. When it closed I came here and so did some of the other users. Some went back to broncosfreaks.com though.

I as well...

Devilspawn
09-16-2009, 07:35 PM
This site is better than Mania overall. I didn't think that off the bat since it was still fairly new, but the less people you have, the less jackoffs and you can simply chill here and vibe. I don't know about the other sites but I keep hearing that this place is pretty much a combination of Mania and the Freak. I've never been to the Freak. Yet.

Dreadnought
09-16-2009, 07:35 PM
I was a refugee when Broncosfreak shut down and got to like it - a lot better actually, so a step up IMO. This is the only place I post as I confuse easily and can't remember my passwords anywhere else anyway

Meck77
09-16-2009, 08:02 PM
I think a board is what you make it. For some they are just a place to talk football. Understandable. For others they are simply a place to troll. For me they've been a great vehicle to meet interesting Broncos fans from all over the world. Been fortunate to meet good people from all the various Broncos sites over the years.

T.K.O.
09-16-2009, 08:02 PM
I was a refugee when Broncosfreak shut down and got to like it - a lot better actually, so a step up IMO. This is the only place I post as I confuse easily and can't remember my passwords anywhere else anyway

huh......?:confused:

T.K.O.
09-16-2009, 08:06 PM
I think a board is what you make it. For some they are just a place to talk football. Understandable. For others they are simply a place to troll. For me they've been a great vehicle to meet interesting Broncos fans from all over the world. Been fortunate to meet good people from all the various Broncos sites over the years.

for me its a place to get alot of info without all the hard work of actually looking for it.....
and the fabulous prizes of coarse !:salute:

Day1BroncoFan
09-16-2009, 08:09 PM
I like the dramas as they unfold, sort of like watching a soap opera.

West
09-16-2009, 08:17 PM
There goes the neighborhood . . . :coffee:

-----

Kiss my ass, Blue.

I was just trying to be nice. :(

girler
09-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Kiss my ass, Blue.

I'll kiss your ass. :D That's nice. :salute:

:whip:

T.K.O.
09-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Kiss my ass, Blue.

try harder !!!:mad:

:beer:

CraigHwk
09-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Been on the Mane for a couple of years but recently found this after being unable to reach the Mane for a few days now. I think I like it here. :)

Dman444
09-16-2009, 08:32 PM

Oh dear God, Hotrod is here?

West
09-16-2009, 08:35 PM

No but his alter egos Dortoh and Cap'n Suggie are here.

Lonestar
We started this place two tears ago because for the most part we were disenchanted with the mania..

I believe that we have most of the top posters in Bronco ville here.. that is not to say that mane and mania are devoid of them.. but IMHO the cream of the crop post here ..

we have a lot of variety of things to go into.. and most of the posters are more mature here and alot less trolls every day..

welcome on board.. hope you will stay and enjoy.. :salute:

Dman444
Welcome to the board! :welcome:

For my explanation, and on the behalf of the others there, see my sig. :)

-----

Thanks, I've seen you a lot in the past on BM. It seems a lot of quality posrers have left both BM and OM.

I can see why people get tired of OM, but I do like BM. Also seems to be more ladies over here!

West
09-16-2009, 08:36 PM
We started this place two tears ago because for the most part we were disenchanted with the mania..

I believe that we have most of the top posters in Bronco ville here.. that is not to say that mane and mania are devoid of them.. but IMHO the cream of the crop post here ..

we have a lot of variety of things to go into.. and most of the posters are more mature here and alot less trolls every day..

Thank ya, JR! :beer:

:D

frauschieze
09-16-2009, 08:36 PM

:spit::spit::spit:

For your explanation, please see below. :heh:

girler
09-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Thanks, I've seen you a lot in the past on BM. It seems a lot of quality posrers have left both BM and OM.

I can see why people get tired of OM, but I do like BM. Also seems to be more ladies over here!

If you like ladies who know football, you came to the right place!!!

West is a great lady, but she doesn't like to say that she's the one in her sig right away. Don't let her fool you, she's HOT! :girl:

West
09-16-2009, 08:44 PM
If you like ladies who know football, you came to the right place!!!

West is a great lady, but she doesn't like to say that she's the one in her sig right away. Don't let her fool you, she's HOT! :girl:

:lol:

I'm a man. I have one of those things.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Been on the Mane for a couple of years but recently found this after being unable to reach the Mane for a few days now. I think I like it here. :)

:welcome: to Broncos Forums - great to have you here :salute:

girler
09-16-2009, 08:47 PM
:lol:

I'm a man. I have one of those things.

:listen: She's also a BIG fan of Lady Gaga. ;)

West
09-16-2009, 08:49 PM
My bad.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-16-2009, 08:50 PM
You guys need to stop being gross and get back on topic. Welcome to the club Dman. Do not let pedophiles like West scare you.

Dman444
Pfft. No. I like regular vaginas.

Hahahaha, hey man, if it's post op it's still a vagina!

:naughty:

girler
And she likes weiner. I wonder if she jacks off and uses her dildo at the same time. :confused:

Um, we're in orange dear Westie...

West
09-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Hahahaha, hey man, if it's post op it's still a vagina!

:naughty:

You need to research Lady Gaga. She has both.

And what does that mean, girler?

frauschieze
09-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Ahhh.....self moderation. How nice. I'm just gonna sit back, put my feet up and have another lemonade.

frauschieze
09-16-2009, 08:52 PM
You need to research Lady Gaga. She has both.

And what does that mean, girler?

It means knock the Lounge talk off, CC boy. :throwrock:

West
09-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Ahhh.....self moderation. How nice. I'm just gonna sit back, put my feet up and have another lemonade.

You putting anything extra in that lemonade, cheesy cheese?

West
09-16-2009, 08:53 PM
It means knock the Lounge talk off, CC boy. :throwrock:

I didn't start it.

I'm just fueling the fire. :D

frauschieze
09-16-2009, 08:53 PM
You putting anything extra in that lemonade, cheesy cheese?

Nope. Not tonight. I'm gonna take a nap here soon, then do more homework. I've got tons to get done before I leave town on Friday.

West
09-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Nope. Not tonight. I'm gonna take a nap here soon, then do more homework. I've got tons to get done before I leave town on Friday.

I hear ya on that one. I got a lot of shit to do too. My weekend is booked and nowhere on my schedule says homework. I gotta get it done before tomorrow night.

girler
09-16-2009, 08:55 PM

Hey, my feet are up and I'm drinking lemonade too! Is yours sugar-free like mine? :beer:

Requiem / The Dagda
09-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Frau why would you even have homework you're like 39.

frauschieze
09-16-2009, 08:56 PM
I hear ya on that one. I got a lot of shit to do too. My weekend is booked and nowhere on my schedule says homework. I gotta get it done before tomorrow night.

I have 26 hours in a car, but somehow I don't think trying to keep books by hand in a moving vehicle is gonna fly. :(

girler
I didn't start it.

I'm just fueling the fire. :D

:listen: You were the only one who said the lounge words.

West
I have 26 hours in a car, but somehow I don't think trying to keep books by hand in a moving vehicle is gonna fly. :(

It takes 26 hours to get to Denver from Montana?

Dang. Its 25 from FL.

frauschieze
09-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Frau why would you even have homework you're like 39.

I feel 243. I can't tell if you're being an ass or just forgot.... I'm still in school. Will be for a few more years.

frauschieze
09-16-2009, 08:58 PM
It takes 26 hours to get to Denver from Montana?

Dang. Its 25 from FL.

No, dip, it's 13 hours down and 13 hours back from where I live.

West
09-16-2009, 08:59 PM
No, dip, it's 13 hours down and 13 hours back from where I live.

Easy with those words, frau. My psyche is fragile and it gets broken when people make fun of me. :pout:

West
09-16-2009, 09:00 PM
I feel 243. I can't tell if you're being an ass or just forgot.... I'm still in school. Will be for a few more years.

That's not a hard one to figure out. :lol:

frauschieze
09-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Easy with those words, frau. My psyche is fragile and it gets broken when people make fun of me. :pout:

Whatever. You shoulda been banned forever ago.

girler
09-16-2009, 09:01 PM

Ya, you better acknowledge her femaleness when you mock her. :girl:

West
09-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Whatever. You shoulda been banned forever ago.

Shooooot. I've been untouchable since day one.

I'm like Jay Cutler. :first:

:shocked:

;)

Shazam!
09-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Former at Broncomania/Broncos Country and Broncosfreak.

This Forum is the best.

Skinny
09-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Signed up on BroncosUpdate and Mania in 03', and the OM in 05'. I post on the BU message board once in a blue moon and use too at Mania until it decided to go in a diffrent direction. I don't have a single post at the mane but i lurk around from time to time.

Dreadnought
09-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Shooooot. I've been untouchable since day one.

I'm like Tommy Maddox. :first:

:shocked:

;)

Slight correction. And, Wanna bet? We can work out a trade with Harkov for you easily enough

West
09-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Slight correction. And, Wanna bet? We can work out a trade with Harkov for you easily enough

Dread, yall wouldn't ban me. :D

Dreadnought
09-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Dread, yall wouldn't ban me. :D

Who said anything about a ban? We'll have Topscribe act as your agent and get the best deal we can get. Maybe West for Zambini, straight up.

West
09-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Who said anything about a ban? We'll have Topscribe act as your agent and get the best deal we can get. Maybe West for Zambini, straight up.

Hell, he's done it before. ;)

But who's Zambini?

Dreadnought
09-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Hell, he's done it before. ;)

But who's Zambini?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

West
09-16-2009, 09:55 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:questionmark:

:westisfrickinglost:

topscribe
09-16-2009, 10:06 PM
I sent my offer to the Freak:

Nothing less than a Six Million Dollar Burger from Carl's Jr. and a large Three Musketeers bar.

Throw in a six-pack of Coors (regular, not light), and West is yours . . .

-----

dogfish
09-16-2009, 10:07 PM

what, you didn't know?

:laugh:

now there's a freudian slip for ya. . . . :lol:

Dreadnought
09-16-2009, 10:14 PM
I sent my offer to the Freak:

Nothing less than a Six Million Dollar Burger from Carl's Jr. and a large Three Musketeers bar.

Throw in a six-pack of Coors (regular, not light), and West is yours . . .

-----

We'll see if they fall for it. Thats more than i had hoped for. Spin Harkov a line of BS about his enormous potential upside and crap like that.

topscribe
09-16-2009, 10:23 PM
We'll see if they fall for it. Thats more than i had hoped for. Spin Harkov a line of BS about his enormous potential upside and crap like that.

Dread, I'm a Christian . . .

-----

Shazam!
09-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Spin Harkov a line of BS about his enormous potential upside and crap like that.

Tch.

frauschieze
09-16-2009, 10:47 PM
:questionmark:

:westisfrickinglost:

Zam is a legend.

In his own mind.

Dman444
09-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Well, this thread lost me.

frauschieze
09-16-2009, 10:53 PM

Welcome to our world. :hi:

It's kinda like Alice in Wonderland. We're all mad here.

dogfish
09-16-2009, 11:34 PM

mission accomplished. . . . :laugh:

MOtorboat
09-16-2009, 11:56 PM
This thread is as gay as AIDS.

jhildebrand
09-16-2009, 11:57 PM
I began at Broncomania/BroncosCountry (not sure if they are the same).

I found this place once free thought and fair criticism went out the window and one person had all the best posters banned, suspended, or simply run off.

I find that I am liking this place more but I am slowly working myself in as I am a more experienced poster now. (I rubbed some people the wrong way starting out at the other place-SORRY RAV :elefant:)

sneakers
09-17-2009, 12:21 AM
I like pancakes.

West
09-17-2009, 12:53 AM
Zam is a legend.

In his own mind.

Kinda like me.

But everyone knows it. :D

Elevation inc
09-17-2009, 02:56 AM

i started at the mania and quite enjoyed myself there racking up 3500 posts and numerous friends in over a year, but with the cutler saga and off-season drama, things went sour there quick, Mods had to play even keel and some of the vets getting pissed at noobs who were spamming were getting banned and suspened for what many of us considered trivial stuff.

however the mods had a job to do, so many decided to take a break and check this place out for the same reason you did(hearing about it on the mania)

this place has some very good vet posters and the knowledege and way its put out here is much more mature on a daily basis in my opinion than the mania, mostly becasue its less known, so the spammers, trolls, and what we call noobs, flood mania more often than here.

that means the conversation here is more direct, and more substantial, and more fullfilling.

if you love the draft i recommend the mania though, where guys like Lancane, Cugel, Mug, BXTX77. MAXPOWER, Larry dean and many others provide good info.

however here guys like lex, Dogfish, West, Dream, JR and others provide good info, the conversation just tends to die quicker here than there becasue of the amount of interested people.

if you love just genral discussion this is the place to be for fullfilling, substantial conversation, and realtively mild mannered debate for the most part(things can still get personal though)

now both sites have there irritating and annoying posters, but im at a point now where i personally visit both becasue of friends in both places and good info in both places as well.

the off-season drama soured alot people to many things on the boards at both the mania and here, but now things seem to have been relatively stable the last few weeks.

the organgmane is another one, but its more of a good old boy club and if your not well-known, and have a differing opinion it can get you in deep. best advice there is to lurk for awhile and slowly make friends with minumum posting before you dive in deep.

the good news is the mods here and at the mania have straightened both sites to where I belive it has now become fun to post at both places....you will find good info at both places, and i recommend visiting both and enjoying your time.

welcome to the boards:beer:

Dirk
09-17-2009, 05:51 AM
I joined this board over a while back under a different name but forgot what it was after a hiatus due to personal issues.

I have seen other boards but none are as good as this one. Welcome!