PDA

View Full Version : Terrance Knighton gobbles linemen while Broncos teammates tally sacks

Denver Native (Carol)
11-12-2014, 05:51 PM
He doesn't get hurries — shoot, it's hard to think anyone weighing a metric ton can hurry at all. And he seldom sacks. But Terrance "Pot Roast" Knighton, the devouring defensive tackle, is imperative for Denver's defense. We don't boast about Pot Roast the way we do DeMarcus Ware and Von Miller and, lately, Malik Jackson. But, as cornerback Aqib Talib explained Tuesday, "It all starts with T-Knight up front."

Sixty-seven yards. That's how many opponents run again Denver. Can you fathom this? Opponents run for 67 yards per game. Opponents total just 4.6 yards per play (pass or run). Both of these are first in the National Football League. I'm not ready to announce that this defense is better than the 2012 defense, but talk to me in December.

For the season, Knighton rates out at 4.4 on run defense on Pro Football Focus, a sturdy ranking. He's struggled in a few of the games this season — I'm not anointing him Canton-bound — but it's just fun to watch him bulldoze and bully and set up teammates.

rest more than just potroast - http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspecial/ci_26922629/terrance-knighton-gobbles-linemen-while-broncos-teammates-tally-sacks