PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Fisher: “Peyton Manning has best cast of playmakers he’s ever had”

Denver Native (Carol)
11-12-2014, 03:53 PM
Rams coach Jeff Fisher spent years as a defensive assistant and coordinator with three different NFL teams and has placed an emphasis on developing a solid pass rush with this team, starting with defensive end Robert Quinn and rookie tackle Aaron Donald.

But on Sunday, when St. Louis hosts the Broncos and their offense that ranks No. 2 in scoring (31.8 points per game) and third in net yards (414.7 per game), Fisher knows he has his work cut out for him. Any team does when it faces a Peyton Manning-lead offense.

“With all due respect to the Colts and that system, the system is completely different now,” Fisher said Wednesday. “Everybody is moving around, as compared to Marvin (Harrison) playing one side and Reggie (Wayne) on the other. (Manning) just made those plays and would put his offense in the best position all the time because he knew exactly what you were doing defensively. This offense is completely different. They’ve done an outstanding job of putting outstanding players around him. I think this is the best of cast of playmakers that he’s ever had, and obviously the results are showing that.”

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/11/12/jeff-fisher-peyton-manning-best-cast-playmakers-hes-ever/30842/

chazoe60
11-12-2014, 03:55 PM
I always really liked Jeff Fisher. He's a damn good coach if you ask me.

Northman
11-12-2014, 04:09 PM

I would love to have him in Denver.

DenBronx
11-12-2014, 04:53 PM
He's right.

Now get it done Manning. As in win us a damn ring.

Simple Jaded
11-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Starving Marvin, Reggie Wayne and Anthony Gonzales says Hi.

Valar Morghulis
11-12-2014, 05:29 PM

DT, JT, Sanders and Welker says move over old men!

7DnBrnc53
11-12-2014, 05:31 PM

Marvin Harrison was a choker in the playoffs.

I don't know if Reggie Wayne has ever looked as good as Emmanuel Sanders is looking this year.

And, Anthony Gonzalez was just average.

Simple Jaded
11-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Marvin Harrison was a choker in the playoffs.

I don't know if Reggie Wayne has ever looked as good as Emmanuel Sanders is looking this year.

And, Anthony Gonzalez was just average.

It was a joke, Gonzales being the punchline.

Btw, you're completely wrong about the other two.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-12-2014, 08:48 PM

I would love to have him in Denver.

Yep. Fisher was in the top 3 of guys I wanted after McDaniels.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-12-2014, 08:51 PM

You could say Dallas Clark or our boy Stokely, but Gonzales was hot garbage. He was injured more games than he played in his short NFL career. Even when healthy, he was unimpressive.

tomjonesrocks
11-12-2014, 08:55 PM

You hear Rodney Harrison say he's dirty on the radio? Interesting. Harrison isn't a fave of mine.

tomjonesrocks
11-12-2014, 08:57 PM
rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/11/12/jeff-fisher-peyton-manning-best-cast-playmakers-hes-ever/30842/

Probably true. The Ravens loss, snatched away by Moore, was the moment though. I don't think they'll have an opportunity that good again.

The sums of these teams somehow aren't more than the parts. It's really hard to understand.

7DnBrnc53
11-12-2014, 08:57 PM
It was a joke, Gonzales being the punchline.

Btw, you're completely wrong about the other two.

Man, Harrison always made big drops or had big fumbles in the postseason. And, Wayne is good, but is he as fast as Sanders? No.

Has he ever been as dominant as Sanders has been lately? No way.