PDA

View Full Version : Broncos, Chris Harris in contract extension negotiations

Denver Native (Carol)
11-08-2014, 06:37 PM
The Broncos have opened contract extension negotiations with cornerback Chris Harris, according to NFL sources.

One of the team's most pleasant surprises since the Broncos signed him to a mere $2,000 bonus as an undrafted rookie out of Kansas in 2011, Harris is eligible for unrestricted free agency after this season.

"My focus is on the team and trying to help this team win a Super Bowl," Harris said.

It hasn't always been easy for the Broncos to get a new deal done with one of their own. They had contract negotiations with wide receiver Demaryius Thomas and tight end Julius Thomas before training camp in July, but those talks stalled in August.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26898543/broncos-chris-harris-contract-extension-negotiations-sources-say

HORSEPOWER 56
11-08-2014, 06:45 PM
I hope we can lock him up long term. He's a great, do it all player.

dogfish
11-08-2014, 06:58 PM
but but but! don't you guys understand that we're out of cap space, and will have to lose most of our free agents next year? :doh:

tomjonesrocks
11-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Whoa. Unexpected -- but I'd love this.

Joel
11-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Whoa. Unexpected -- but I'd love this.
My sentiments exactly. He's my favorite Bronco, because the guy no one wanted who truly does do it all without strutting; it's so obvious he spent his whole career around Champ Bailey. He doesn't give up TDs going for Ints, just SMOTHERS guys in coverage, makes quick sure tackles on the rare occasions he does allow a catch, and is just as selfless, fearless and proactive against the run. All without talking about Harris Island or wide-eyed screaming rants into the camera during postgame interviews.

REALLY hope we get this done, both for the massive role he plays himself, and what he can impart to talented-but-young CBs like Roby, Webster and whoevers follows them.

Darrell Green-->Champ Bailey-->Chris Harris Jr.-->???

Dapper Dan
11-08-2014, 08:20 PM
I thought they were going to put contract talks off until after the seaso . Isn't that what they said about DT and JT?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-08-2014, 09:36 PM
I thought they were going to put contract talks off until after the seaso . Isn't that what they said about DT and JT?

Yes, they did say that about DT and JT; however, they have quite a few players who's contracts will be up, and I would think they need to get some out of the way asap.

Dapper Dan
11-08-2014, 09:54 PM
Yes, they did say that about DT and JT; however, they have quite a few players who's contracts will be up, and I would think they need to get some out of the way asap.

I concur.

Simple Jaded
11-08-2014, 10:43 PM
I hope he signs faster than he runs. Am I right?

dogfish
11-08-2014, 10:44 PM
I hope he signs faster than he runs. Am I right?

don't even. . .

:D

Simple Jaded
11-08-2014, 10:47 PM
don't even. . .

:D

They should have incentives tied to getting caught from behind by 6-6 white dudes.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-09-2014, 11:55 AM

I have a feeling that DT and JT negotiations reached an impasse. That's why they stopped. They probably wanted more than Elway was willing to pony up (pun intended) and wouldn't go lower. Harris' agent might be more willing to negotiate and so talks are ongoing.

NightTerror218
11-09-2014, 02:25 PM
I have a feeling that DT and JT negotiations reached an impasse. That's why they stopped. They probably wanted more than Elway was willing to pony up (pun intended) and wouldn't go lower. Harris' agent might be more willing to negotiate and so talks are ongoing.

I believe offers are on table for forward each. Just stopped negotiations.