PDA

View Full Version : How can the Broncos get Julius Thomas more looks? Adam Gase explains

Denver Native (Carol)
11-06-2014, 09:37 PM
One of the biggest surprises of the Broncos’ 43-21 loss to the Patriots in Foxborough, Mass., last weekend was how little tight end Julius Thomas was used.

Thomas, who has been one of the Broncos’ most lethal weapons on offense this season, leads the league in receiving touchdowns (10). But on Sunday, he was targeted just twice for 33 yards and didn’t get his first look until the third quarter. Meanwhile, Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski compiled 105 yards on nine receptions with one touchdown and a one-handed grab that had even his quarterback in awe.

So what happened to Thomas? And how can the Broncos get him more looks Sunday against the Raiders?

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/11/06/can-broncos-get-julius-thomas-involved-adam-gase-explains/30755/

DenBronx
11-07-2014, 03:36 PM
How come we can never stop Gronkowski?

That's a bigger question and concern right now.

SR
11-07-2014, 03:38 PM
How come we can never stop Gronkowski? That's a bigger question and concern right now.

Bullshit defensive scheming

Dean
11-08-2014, 01:38 PM
How come we can never stop Gronkowski?

That's a bigger question and concern right now.

Or. . . how can we get JT to block someone, anyone? Having a running game opens all receivers.

MOtorboat
11-08-2014, 01:49 PM
22 games, 22 touchdowns. Get the man the ball. Don't give a damn about any perceived or actual blocking issues.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Peyton finds/throws to the open man. If JT is open, Peyton will throw him the ball. If he's not, he won't. It's possible teams have given him more attention of late due to him being a threat.

I watch the games on TV so I don't get to see the downfield coverage like you would at a game. Is JT getting open?

Valar Morghulis
11-08-2014, 03:31 PM
has JT not been more involved in pass protection since we lost Ball - i think that explains his lack of targets recently - but i could be wrong - i am just a limey after all

MOtorboat
11-08-2014, 03:39 PM
has JT not been more involved in pass protection since we lost Ball - i think that explains his lack of targets recently - but i could be wrong - i am just a limey after all

He averages four catches a game. He had two against New England. I think the point is being exaggerated a little this week because of the loss.

Slick
11-08-2014, 04:40 PM
22 games, 22 touchdowns. Get the man the ball. Don't give a damn about any perceived or actual blocking issues.

Agreed although I don't think anyone is out of line if they comment about his poor blocking.