PDA

View Full Version : At season's halfway point, John Elway speaks in team meeting

Denver Native (Carol)
11-06-2014, 06:18 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- When it comes to formally speaking to the team he runs on a daily basis, Denver Broncos executive vice president of football operations/general manager John Elway picks his spots.

Following Sunday’s 22-point loss against the New England Patriots and with the Broncos halfway into whatever becomes of the season, Elway decided it was one of those spots.

“We took a punch in the mouth, but we’re going to get up and keep fighting,’’ said defensive tackle Terrance Knighton, one of the team’s five captains. “And Elway came in and talked to the team and let us know how he felt about the team midway through the season. He had good things to say, he had bad things to say. Now, we just focus on getting back on track and getting a streak going.’’

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/9777/at-halfway-point-john-elway-spoke-in-team-meeting

Slick
11-06-2014, 06:50 PM
I think it's great that he talked to the team, and that he does it so sparingly that it probably has real meaning to the players. I would have loved to have heard it.

Northman
11-06-2014, 08:13 PM
If there is one man who knows what needs to be done it would be Johnny Boy.

tomjonesrocks
11-06-2014, 11:37 PM
So we know he doesn't think "everything's all good" the way some fans do.

Dzone
11-07-2014, 12:38 AM
Yes, the sparingly part is awesome. Not like Jerry Jones who probably gives a speech a day until it's meaningless

tomjonesrocks
11-07-2014, 12:46 AM
Yes, the sparingly part is awesome. Not like Jerry Jones who probably gives a speech a day until it's meaningless

Was the last time after last seasons' Seahawks preseason game?

tripp
11-07-2014, 09:46 AM

That was a complete joke during that Monday Nighter where he has a headset on talking to Mike Tirico and Jon Gruden, and then tells the media Romo's status.

I don't know how Jason Garrett handles it.

GEM
11-07-2014, 02:05 PM
He walked into that meeting with his head held high. He looked at the players and said....

If you don't do your job this week, I'm kicking you in the nuts on Monday. Protect your nuts.

Northman
11-07-2014, 03:11 PM
He walked into that meeting with his head held high. He looked at the players and said....

If you don't do your job this week, I'm kicking you in the nuts on Monday. Protect your nuts.

So in other words, in the tradition of "Hat Day" it will be "No Cup Day".