PDA

View Full Version : Take 5 with Bradley Roby: Broncos’ rookie CB answers questions about college, food and NFL

Denver Native (Carol)
11-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Bradley Roby’s journey to the Broncos began in high school. He starred at Peachtree Ridge in Suwanee, Ga. As a punt returner, wide receiver and cornerback, he helped his team reach the 2009 state quarterfinals. He redshirted as a freshman at Ohio State, and focusing on cornerback for the first time, his career took off. He started the next 37 games. A first-team All-Big Ten performance as a junior placed him firmly on the Broncos’ radar. Impressed with his athleticism and football IQ, the Broncos drafted Roby in the first round with the 31st overall pick. He has excelled in nickel coverage with the Broncos this season, making big plays against the Colts and Cardinals. He will answer questions from fans each Thursday during the remainder of the season, and says he’s open to “anything, not just football-related stuff.” Here’s the first installment:

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/11/06/take-5-broncos-bradley-roby-talks-food-favorite-players/30746/

underrated29
11-06-2014, 06:33 PM
I really like Roby. If he can keep on his development plan I think he will be a mainstay for us for a while. Hes so physical, he could be a beast at FS in a pinch I bet.

Joel
11-08-2014, 07:33 PM
I like and hope we can keep all our CBs except Tony Carter (whom I wish we'd made SOME kind of pre-deadline deal for with one of the teams reportedly offering, because I don't see him back next year unless we let Harris walk, and something's better than nothing.) One reason I hope we keep Harris around and bring back Champ as a coach is to give Roby and Webster that legacy of playing the run, being physical AND STILL MAINTAINING TIGHT COVERAGE instead of hotdogging it for an Int only to give up a big conversion or TD instead.

Talib's physical, but gives up a lot of plays trying to make them; I'd prefer Roby and Webster be more like Harris. Champ made a lot of Ints, too, but rarely gave up big catches trying. Roby and Webster both have the physical ability, so if they can gain that skill we could be set at CB for a long time; when Talibs contract ends and he's over 30, we just thank him for his service and move on with Harris, Roby and Webster at the top of their game and in their prime.

Tebowtime2011
11-08-2014, 10:52 PM
I really like Roby. If he can keep on his development plan I think he will be a mainstay for us for a while. Hes so physical, he could be a beast at FS in a pinch I bet. Can you at least wait until he is in late 30s to start the talk about moving him to safety, like champ. Aren't you the same guy who kept urging Kyle fuller to go to safety? Why are you fixated on moving good CBs to FS?

Simple Jaded
11-08-2014, 11:31 PM
Can you at least wait until he is in late 30s to start the talk about moving him to safety, like champ. Aren't you the same guy who kept urging Kyle fuller to go to safety? Why are you fixated on moving good CBs to FS?

Looked to me like UR is just complementing the dudes physicality. "In a pinch". . .

Tebowtime2011
11-08-2014, 11:33 PM
Can you at least wait until he is in late 30s to start the talk about moving him to safety, like champ. Aren't you the same guy who kept urging Kyle fuller to go to safety? Why are you fixated on moving good CBs to FS?

Looked to me like UR is just complementing the dudes physicality. "In a pinch". . . I know I'm not attacking him I'm just asking why does he want good, physical CBs to play safety.

SR
11-09-2014, 12:07 AM
I like and hope we can keep all our CBs except Tony Carter (whom I wish we'd made SOME kind of pre-deadline deal for with one of the teams reportedly offering, because I don't see him back next year unless we let Harris walk, and something's better than nothing.) One reason I hope we keep Harris around and bring back Champ as a coach is to give Roby and Webster that legacy of playing the run, being physical AND STILL MAINTAINING TIGHT COVERAGE instead of hotdogging it for an Int only to give up a big conversion or TD instead. Talib's physical, but gives up a lot of plays trying to make them; I'd prefer Roby and Webster be more like Harris. Champ made a lot of Ints, too, but rarely gave up big catches trying. Roby and Webster both have the physical ability, so if they can gain that skill we could be set at CB for a long time; when Talibs contract ends and he's over 30, we just thank him for his service and move on with Harris, Roby and Webster at the top of their game and in their prime.

What's with your obsession to bring former Broncos players and coaches back as coaches?

underrated29
11-09-2014, 12:36 AM

When I Looked at fuller I noticed he had trouble when the ball was not infront of him. I did think he would make a better fs then cb. Obviously he is Ballin for the bears!

I know I'm not attacking him I'm just asking why does he want good, physical CBs to play safety.

I don't want physical DBS to play safety. I just thought fuller looked better as a s where he can keep the ball infront of him and make plays on it. As for roby, I love him just where he is. But if we were to encounter a scenario.....if our guys.......you know......I think he could do it.

Joel
11-09-2014, 07:18 AM
What's with your obsession to bring former Broncos players and coaches back as coaches?
I wouldn't call it an OBSESSION; I mentioned Dennison and now Champ within the last couple days, and had previously mentioned Kubes. It's hardly unprecedented in the NFL, but in Dennisons case he played LB for us in 3 SBs, later ran our offensive line, then our whole offense and Houstons and is now coaching Baltimores QBs, so he's got diverse playing and coaching experience on both sides of the ball. In Champs case, the moment someone here linked to his retirement announcement the threads were overflowing with people eagerly hoping we'd bring him back to turn our current CBs into new Champs.

Dzone
11-09-2014, 09:30 AM
Move him to safety. lol

broncosinindy
11-09-2014, 07:51 PM
Should a had two pics today looking pretty good.