PDA

View Full Version : Broncos expect the unexpected against 0-8 Raiders

Denver Native (Carol)
11-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Facing a team that hasn't won in a year, the Broncos are prepared to expect the unexpected. The Raiders, with no shot at the playoffs in sight, could choose to experiment a little, maybe try some new plays, perhaps throw something at the Broncos that they may not have seen on tape from Oakland's previous eight games.

After all, what do the Raiders have to lose?

But the Broncos, coming off a troubling loss to the Patriots, have a lot to lose, and they have a lot to prove. So when they say they don't look at records or they're focused on the "next one up," it's not all baloney.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26885127/broncos-expect-unexpected-against-0-8-raiders

Northman
11-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Give me a win any way shape or form. I would prefer for us to be angry and utterly destroy them but losing to them would be highly embarrassing.

Nomad
11-06-2014, 05:08 PM
BRONCOS will win.

tripp
11-06-2014, 05:29 PM
If the Broncos beat the Patriots, I would think about the Raiders away being a trap game. I don't see it now. Been listening to the radio and they've all said it's a different atmosphere here. Fox doesn't go and make chit chat to the reporters, they're practising a bit longer. I hope they play angry.

Shazam!
11-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Broncos are gonna be ****ing pissed off and come out looking for blood. Rayduhs are gonna get friggin demolished.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-06-2014, 06:50 PM
The Fade shouldn't be a very tough team to beat. Of course I hate these types of games because they have nothing to lose and can pretty much do whatever they want. I expect fake punts, onside kicks, and wildcat formations (it is Sparano and he'll do anything to get this notch in his belt right now). They've also played several good teams tough. SD, NE, and Seattle all won by a TD or less.

We should crush them, but will we?

Runamok
11-07-2014, 10:34 AM
The Fade shouldn't be a very tough team to beat. Of course I hate these types of games because they have nothing to lose and can pretty much do whatever they want. I expect fake punts, onside kicks, and wildcat formations (it is Sparano and he'll do anything to get this notch in his belt right now). They've also played several good teams tough. SD, NE, and Seattle all won by a TD or less.

I expect a Broncos win but as you mention, the Raiders have played a lot of teams tough and I wouldn't expect anything less this week in a Divisional matchup.

I hate these types of must-win games.

Krugan
11-07-2014, 05:07 PM
Just gonna go ahead and say we have a let down.

Gut feeling, nothing more.

Nomad
11-07-2014, 07:46 PM
Just gonna go ahead and say we have a let down.

Gut feeling, nothing more.

You try'n to ruffle featers 'round here.:lol:

Slick
11-07-2014, 07:52 PM
Just get a win and get out of that dump healthy.

BroncoWave
11-07-2014, 07:55 PM

You say this like it's not the obvious way for him to approach this game. He absolutely should be doing fake punts, going for 4th downs, trick plays, etc. Given the disparity in talent, it's the only way Oakland can stay in the game. Any smart coach would throw the kitchen sink at Denver if they had a team as bad as Oakland. The more variance Oakland can create, the better shot they have at staying in the game. Now it could also swing the other way and lead to an even bigger blowout, but that's the beauty of variance.