PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall To Broncos Fans: ‘Calm Down, It’s Going To Be Okay’

spikerman
11-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Does this make you feel better?

“Everybody needs to calm down, it’s going to be okay,” Marshall said, reminiscent of early this season when Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers told Green Bay fans to “Relax” on his radio show after a 1-2 start.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/11/04/brandon-marshall-to-broncos-fans-calm-down-its-going-to-be-okay/?utm_source=DailyContInfoNewsletters#038;utm_mediu m=DailyContInfoNewsletters&038;utm_campaign=CBS4Bronco sUpdates

chazoe60
11-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Why is the Bears receiver telling us to calm down? ;)

Runamok
11-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Why is the Bears receiver telling us to calm down? ;)

Oh, I don't know. Maybe because he's a mental case?

OB
11-05-2014, 09:44 PM
It's cause deep in his heart he still wishes he was a bronco.

Nomad
11-05-2014, 09:47 PM
It's cause deep in his heart he still wishes he was a bronco.

You do know it's Denver's LB:lol: Never mind you were answering chazoe!:lol:

I should read the posts above before saying anything

Dzone
11-06-2014, 12:09 AM
When I read that I thought maybe he was popping off on that tv show he is on, Inside the NFL.

MOtorboat
11-06-2014, 01:24 AM
lol.

Northman
11-06-2014, 06:06 AM
Does this make you feel better?

Ill feel better after we win the SB.

Pudge
11-06-2014, 08:26 AM
Ill feel better after we win the SB.

It's impossible for me to enjoy a winning football team unless we win a super bowl. Until then I'm going to remain a ******* basket case because we lost a game.

Northman
11-06-2014, 08:48 AM
It's impossible for me to enjoy a winning football team unless we win a super bowl. Until then I'm going to remain a ******* basket case because we lost a game.

Oh, im no basket case so i feel incredibly bad for you. Just my expectations are high this year considering what is expected. Regular season games are fine but they are just simply that. As the great Shannon Sharpe once said anything less than a SB championship is a failed season since that is the ultimate goal. I dont need to be down about it but i dont celebrate regular season games as SB victories. I leave that kind of stuff to Raider and Chief fans.

Mike
11-06-2014, 09:05 AM
Oh, im no basket case so i feel incredibly bad for you. Just my expectations are high this year considering what is expected. Regular season games are fine but they are just simply that. As the great Shannon Sharpe once said anything less than a SB championship is a failed season since that is the ultimate goal. I dont need to be down about it but i dont celebrate regular season games as SB victories. I leave that kind of stuff to Raider and Chief fans.

Yeah, the expectation is the SB. The wins are great, but anything less than a SB win is a failure. Elway has put together an amazingly talented roster, now it is time for them and the coaches to deliver. That is why I am more than a little frustrated with the product on the field. I would expect this team to be hitting on all cylinders at this point in the season. I would also expect the coaches to be putting together game plans that are more vanilla than preseason games.

Nomad
11-06-2014, 09:18 AM
5 of the eight games left are road games. Only 2 losses have been road games. No breaks since week 4. I expect them to bounce back big against Oakland, if they struggle, I'll be concerned.

BroncoWave
11-06-2014, 09:18 AM
I think calling a season in which you don't win the super bowl a "failure" is insane. In a sport with single elimination playoffs, it is so fluky that the best team just doesn't win all that often. Just look at recent years in the NFL. Wild Card teams win the super bowl all the time now. Since 2001, as many wild card teams as 1 seeds have won the Super Bowl.

These are the seeds of Super Bowl winners since 2001: 4, 2, 2, 1, 2, 6, 3, 5, 2, 1, 6, 4, 4, 1.

So in that span you have 3 WC teams and 3 one seeds. You also have 7 teams who played on wild card weekend as well as 7 teams who had first round byes. These numbers show that it's pretty much become completely random who gets hot and goes all the way in the playoffs. I just think it's silly to call a team a failure for not winning the title when it just takes one fluky bounce in a single game to knock you out.

All you can ask of a GM is to build a team that is good enough to contend for a title year after year. Elway has done just that. Will it suck if we don't win a title with this group? Yeah. But will it be a failure? Heck no.

Northman
11-06-2014, 09:28 AM
All you can ask of a GM is to build a team that is good enough to contend for a title year after year. Elway has done just that.

Definitely. That is what he was brought in to do so that is definitely the expectation we have and that Mr. Bowlen has.

But will it be a failure? Heck no.

Well technically yes since the SB is by what all is measured. If we dont win it will be a successful season but still a failure since we did not achieve what was expected.

BroncoWave
11-06-2014, 09:32 AM
Definitely. That is what he was brought in to do so that is definitely the expectation we have and that Mr. Bowlen has.

Well technically yes since the SB is by what all is measured. If we dont win it will be a successful season but still a failure since we did not achieve what was expected.

IMO, it's just unrealistic to ever EXPECT to win the Super Bowl even if you are the most talented team given, as I said, the randomness of the playoffs. And if you listen to coaches and GMs talk before the season, you never hear them say "we expect to win the Super Bowl" (unless it's Rex Ryan). They always say their goals are to win the division, get the 1 seed, then see where things go from there.

Northman
11-06-2014, 09:48 AM
IMO, it's just unrealistic to ever EXPECT to win the Super Bowl even if you are the most talented team given, as I said, the randomness of the playoffs. And if you listen to coaches and GMs talk before the season, you never hear them say "we expect to win the Super Bowl" (unless it's Rex Ryan). They always say their goals are to win the division, get the 1 seed, then see where things go from there.

Well, i think your over analyzing what is being said. Its not that guys like Mike or myself dont realize that things happen (Ravens a couple of years ago) throughout the year or the playoffs but when you go out of your way as an organization to assemble a team for the very purpose of winning a SB than its easy to see why people would expect that. Otherwise, why bother watching football at all if you dont expect to win a SB? Back when Tebow was playing i never had the feeling of expecting a SB victory because the team just wasnt assembled for that purpose. The team was basically trying to find an identity and a winning formula but i dont think anyone really saw us overachieving that year like we had. But that team was a much different feeling for me than the current one in place. Personally, if the Denver Bronco players and coaches dont expect to win a championship than im extremely pissed that we wasted that much money on Peyton Manning. lol

BroncoWave
11-06-2014, 09:53 AM
North, obviously winning a title is their ultimate goal. It's every team's ultimate goal. I'm just saying that winning the title shouldn't be the line that separates a season from being a good one or a failure.

Krugan
11-06-2014, 09:58 AM
The whole point of the season is to win the super bowl.

This discussion has been around for ages, the bottom line is, if you dont take home a trophy, you didnt finish the job.

Its the WHOLE point of the game.

I get your point, there are positives that can be taken from any year, but the line is very clear, Super Bowl Champions. Not getting there means you failed. Climbing mount everest, either you summit or you fail.

BroncoWave
11-06-2014, 10:01 AM
The whole point of the season is to win the super bowl.

This discussion has been around for ages, the bottom line is, if you dont take home a trophy, you didnt finish the job.

Its the WHOLE point of the game.

I get your point, there are positives that can be taken from any year, but the line is very clear, Super Bowl Champions. Not getting there means you failed. Climbing mount everest, either you summit or you fail.

So should John Elway be fired if we fail to win a Super Bowl in say his first 5, maybe 10 years of running the team?

GEM
11-06-2014, 10:01 AM
If that's the case, then why watch the games leading up to the SB? If that's the end all, be all, all that matters, why waste so much time in front of the tv on the way there. In the end, more often than not, you're just going to be disappointed, so why bother?

Northman
11-06-2014, 10:03 AM
So should John Elway be fired if we fail to win a Super Bowl in say his first 5, maybe 10 years of running the team?

No, why would you think that?

John is doing what he can to assemble the best team possible but lets not kid ourselves, Bowlen brought him in to win a championship so the expectation is there.

Northman
11-06-2014, 10:04 AM
If that's the case, then why watch the games leading up to the SB? If that's the end all, be all, all that matters, why waste so much time in front of the tv on the way there. In the end, more often than not, you're just going to be disappointed, so why bother?

Because you can still enjoy the game in general?

Slick
11-06-2014, 10:04 AM

Come on Wave.

What do think the players think, especially after the last two seasons? They were just happy to be there?

BroncoWave
11-06-2014, 10:05 AM
No, why would you think that?

John is doing what he can to assemble the best team possible but lets not kid ourselves, Bowlen brought him in to win a championship so the expectation is there.

Well according to you guys it's a failure not to win the Super Bowl, so wouldn't that make Elway a failure as a GM if he can't build a Super Bowl winner?

BroncoWave
11-06-2014, 10:07 AM
Come on Wave.

What do think the players think, especially after the last two seasons? They were just happy to be there?

I'm not saying they shouldn't be disappointed with how those seasons ended. I'm just saying that when you step back to look at the big picture, those were two great seasons. Did they end in disappointment? Yeah. Do I wish we'd won Super Bowls that year? Yeah. Does that mean I think those teams were giant failures who wasted my time watching them? Heck no.

I would be really miserable as a sports fan if I were only ever happy when my team won championships.

Northman
11-06-2014, 10:09 AM
Well according to you guys it's a failure not to win the Super Bowl, so wouldn't that make Elway a failure as a GM if he can't build a Super Bowl winner?

If 10 years from now John fails to win a championship than yes, he failed to do what Bowlen brought him in to do. It does not mean John didnt try nor mean that we didnt get close but if we cant win a championship under his reign than we have failed in what was expected. If Pat Bowlen didnt care about winning a SB Wave he would of never fired Shanahan or even McDaniels for that matter. You do realize this right? If it was simply about just winning a handful of games Bowlen would of left everything as is but we both know thats not the case. Bowlen said it himself "its been TOO LONG not to win the big one".

Northman
11-06-2014, 10:11 AM
I'm not saying they shouldn't be disappointed with how those seasons ended. I'm just saying that when you step back to look at the big picture, those were two great seasons. Did they end in disappointment? Yeah. Do I wish we'd won Super Bowls that year? Yeah. Does that mean I think those teams were giant failures who wasted my time watching them? Heck no.

I would be really miserable as a sports fan if I were only ever happy when my team won championships.

Again. Your really over analyzing. No one said they were GIANT failures. Just failures because the job wasnt accomplished. Good things happened during those seasons but it still fell short of the ultimate goal.

BroncoWave
11-06-2014, 10:12 AM
If 10 years from now John fails to win a championship than yes, he failed to do what Bowlen brought him in to do. It does not mean John didnt try nor mean that we didnt get close but if we cant win a championship under his reign than we have failed in what was expected. If Pat Bowlen didnt care about winning a SB Wave he would of never fired Shanahan or even McDaniels for that matter. You do realize this right? If it was simply about just winning a handful of games Bowlen would of left everything as is but we both know thats not the case. Bowlen said it himself "its been TOO LONG not to win the big one".

Where did I say Bowlen doesn't care about winnning a Super Bowl? Could you please quote me on that?

As for Shanny and McDaniels, I think fired them because they were failing to even get the teams to the playoffs anymore. Had we been winning the division and advancing deep in the playoffs every year, I don't think his trigger would have been as quick on those guys.

GEM
11-06-2014, 10:16 AM
Because you can still enjoy the game in general?

Gosh sakes, if you guys were Raiders fans the last decade, I could see the complaints. Broncos fan the last 40...we're damn effing lucky.

Slick
11-06-2014, 10:17 AM

I agree with you. This team has been really fun to watch, and I do think "failure" is a pretty harsh assessment. I was disappointed too. All of us were, but who am I to tell others how to feel even though I think some of us take the game much too seriously as fans?

GEM
11-06-2014, 10:18 AM
I agree with you. This team has been really fun to watch, and I do think "failure" is a pretty harsh assessment. I was disappointed too. All of us were, but who am I to tell others how to feel even though I think some of us take the game much too seriously as fans?

Disappointed is a good word for it. Failure? When we see the likes of what the Browns fans and Raiders fans have gone through for decades...no way.

Northman
11-06-2014, 10:19 AM
Where did I say Bowlen doesn't care about winnning a Super Bowl? Could you please quote me on that?

I never said you stated that. But your contention is that everyone should just be satisfied that we are winning some ballgames and making the playoffs. Im just pointing out that even the owner is expecting a SB as well so why give us so much grief because we expect a SB? I dont understand that logic from you.

BroncoWave
11-06-2014, 10:20 AM

I guess if someone wants to be miserable ever year we don't win a title that's their prerogative, it's just not a viewpoint I get. I used to be that way when I was, like, a teenager, but I just don't let it make me that angry anymore.

GEM
11-06-2014, 10:20 AM
It's not grief anyone is giving anyone, it's a discussion on different view points, just trying to understand yours, like you're trying to understand ours.

Northman
11-06-2014, 10:22 AM
I guess if someone wants to be miserable ever year we don't win a title that's their prerogative, it's just not a viewpoint I get. I used to be that way when I was, like, a teenager, but I just don't let it make me that angry anymore.

Who says we are miserable? Dude, i dont let that shit bog me down. Its just a game. :lol:

BroncoWave
11-06-2014, 10:22 AM
Disappointed is a good word for it. Failure? When we see the likes of what the Browns fans and Raiders fans have gone through for decades...no way.

Exactly. I think it shows a huge lack of perspective to call a team that doesn't win the super bowl a "failure". There are probably a good 20-25 fanbases who will kill to have the kind of team Denver has right now.

Krugan
11-06-2014, 10:23 AM
At no point did I say the season couldnt be ENJOYABLE and FUN to watch, but ultimately, it is a failure if the trophy isnt in your case.

I would be willing to bet ANY gm would say the team FAILED if they didnt get the job done. It doesnt mean its realistic or expected, but the job is to win championships, and when you dont get there you failed.

Dont make it more than it is.

BroncoWave
11-06-2014, 10:23 AM
Who says we are miserable? Dude, i dont let that shit bog me down. Its just a game. :lol:

I wasn't calling out anyone in particular. That's just the sense I get out of the way some people discuss this issue.

Northman
11-06-2014, 10:24 AM
At no point did I say the season couldnt be ENJOYABLE and FUN to watch, but ultimately, it is a failure if the trophy isnt in your case.

I would be willing to bet ANY gm would say the team FAILED if they didnt get the job done. It doesnt mean its realistic or expected, but the job is to win championships, and when you dont get there you failed.

Well said.

GEM
11-06-2014, 10:25 AM

And there are GM's whose jobs would be secured just to have the last 2 1/2 seasons that Denver has had.

BroncoWave
11-06-2014, 10:27 AM
It's a good thing Pittsburgh didn't consider Bill Cowher a failure because he didn't win a title in his first 13 years as the head coach. And Pittsburgh is a historically great franchise who always has the goal of winning it all.

Slick
11-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Agreed. Well said Krugan.

I think everyone is a little nervous about the way that supposed less talented Patriots team put it on the Broncos. Not so much losing to them, but the way they lost. There's only a small handful of teams that can play good enough offense to score with Denver, and a same number of defenses that can play physical enough to throw Peyton's offense off. Unfortunately those are playoff teams, so I can see the concern. I have those same concerns.

Krugan
11-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Let me ask a couple questions.

1) what is the purpose of the NFL season(besides make rich people richer)?

2) What is goal after reaching the playoffs?

3) What is the ultimate prize these rosters are playing for?

The answer should dictate what the goal is, and should give you reason why I continue the argument that the sole purpose of an nfl season is to win a trophy.

It has nothing to do with my personal feeling about where my team is, just simple arguing that failure is failure.

Northman
11-06-2014, 10:45 AM
And there are GM's whose jobs would be secured just to have the last 2 1/2 seasons that Denver has had.

Indeed. But because they did not do the things necessary to get to that level they are no longer with those organizations. Likewise, with coaching, when guys like Shanahan help lead a team to SB titles but then fail to get back there they are let go. In the end its all about getting that ring so as long as John is able to keep the team winning and a contender he willl continue to be given a chance to get that ring. But if he cant get it than its a failure that we didnt win a championship during his tenure. Doesnt mean we didnt have successful and fun seasons but failing to win a championship is just that.

BroncoWave
11-06-2014, 10:49 AM
Indeed. But because they did not do the things necessary to get to that level they are no longer with those organizations. Likewise, with coaching, when guys like Shanahan help lead a team to SB titles but then fail to get back there they are let go. In the end its all about getting that ring so as long as John is able to keep the team winning and a contender he willl continue to be given a chance to get that ring. But if he cant get it than its a failure that we didnt win a championship during his tenure. Doesnt mean we didnt have successful and fun seasons but failing to win a championship is just that.

Like I said, I don't think Shanny was let go because we weren't winning titles anymore. I think he was let go because we weren't even close to contending for titles anymore. Had we still been winning the division and getting first round byes consistently but not winning titles, I think Shanny would have been kept on.

Northman
11-06-2014, 10:49 AM
It's a good thing Pittsburgh didn't consider Bill Cowher a failure because he didn't win a title in his first 13 years as the head coach. And Pittsburgh is a historically great franchise who always has the goal of winning it all.

Yet, on the flipside a buy like Marty Shott who is a decent coach had some very good and successful seasons yet never won let alone made a SB and thus was fired because of that fact.

Krugan
11-06-2014, 10:50 AM
Agreed. Well said Krugan.

I think everyone is a little nervous about the way that supposed less talented Patriots team put it on the Broncos. Not so much losing to them, but the way they lost. There's only a small handful of teams that can play good enough offense to score with Denver, and a same number of defenses that can play physical enough to throw Peyton's offense off. Unfortunately those are playoff teams, so I can see the concern. I have those same concerns.

Im nervous indeed. Although I had that game pegged as a loss anyway. The Pats at home are just sick good.

The last 3 years have been a blast to watch, its great to be close to the top, and I dont expect a bowl this year either, but I love the idea we are close and have a real shot. Sadly, the odds are ill have an empty hook waiting for he next super bowl champs shirt, but its not going to change the enjoyment level trying to get there.

Ill still cheer and pout and come back for more, even if we fail to reach the goal.

BroncoWave
11-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Yet, on the flipside a buy like Marty Shott who is a decent coach had some very good and successful seasons yet never won let alone made a SB and thus was fired because of that fact.

And many people thought it was a bad move for SD to let him go. They definitely haven't gotten any closer to a title since they fired him.

Krugan
11-06-2014, 10:57 AM
And many people thought it was a bad move for SD to let him go. They definitely haven't gotten any closer to a title since they fired him.

It might have been, but doesnt it kind of support the point that the goal was to WIN the title, not just get close?

I would assume they made a change because they wanted to take the next step?

Northman
11-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Like I said, I don't think Shanny was let go because we weren't winning titles anymore. I think he was let go because we weren't even close to contending for titles anymore. Had we still been winning the division and getting first round byes consistently but not winning titles, I think Shanny would have been kept on.

I disagree, and that quote from Bowlen happened the day that Shanahan was fired so that kind of tells me that it was a little more than just making the playoffs, etc. Shanahan made the playoffs at least 4-5 times from 2000 to when he was fired So it wasnt like he wasnt having winning seasons. Up until last year it had been 15 years since Denver had even made the SB and i think Bowlen saw the success of teams like the Steelers and Patriots and wanted to be back in the big game and winning championships. If its not about winning titles Wave than there was zero need to fire Shanahan.

BroncoWave
11-06-2014, 10:58 AM
It might have been, but doesnt it kind of support the point that the goal was to WIN the title, not just get close?

I would assume they made a change because they wanted to take the next step?

Sure, that's why most teams make the decision to fire coaches, but that doesn't mean it's rational. Clearly Marty wasn't what was holding them back since they have come no closer to winning it since letting him go.

Northman
11-06-2014, 10:59 AM

Doesnt change the fact that he still failed to do what was expected of him.

BroncoWave
11-06-2014, 10:59 AM
I disagree, and that quote from Bowlen happened the day that Shanahan was fired so that kind of tells me that it was a little more than just making the playoffs, etc. Shanahan made the playoffs at least 4-5 times from 2000 to when he was fired So it wasnt like he wasnt having winning seasons. Up until last year it had been 15 years since Denver had even made the SB and i think Bowlen saw the success of teams like the Steelers and Patriots and wanted to be back in the big game and winning championships. If its not about winning titles Wave than there was zero need to fire Shanahan.

We missed the playoffs Shanny's last 3 seasons here. That's why he was let go IMO. Just my opinion obviously, but I think he would have been kept on had we made deep playoff runs those 3 years.

Northman
11-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Sure, that's why most teams make the decision to fire coaches, but that doesn't mean it's rational. Clearly Marty wasn't what was holding them back since they have come no closer to winning it since letting him go.

Hard to say, the talent on the team is vastly different from when Marty had it.

BroncoWave
11-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Doesnt change the fact that he still failed to do what was expected of him.

So was Bill Cowher his first 13 years in Pitt. What a failure!

Northman
11-06-2014, 11:05 AM
So was Bill Cowher his first 13 years in Pitt. What a failure!

So based on your one example do you think it was a mistake to fire Shanahan? I mean, Shanny had already won 2 rings and if your argument is that teams are not staying with the coaches long enough than should Denver have just kept riding Mike until he finally won another one? Where do you personally draw the line?

BroncoWave
11-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Never said it was a mistake to fire Shanny. Like I said, we failed to make the playoffs 3 years in a row. Given that we weren't even competitive with the top teams anymore, it was time for him to go. Had we still been winning divisions and making deep playoff runs, I would have thought it a mistake to fire him.

I do think, in general, though, teams are WAY too quick to fire people. I get that it's a win now league and people are impatient, but you seem to see a strong correlation between crappy franchise and franchises who fire coaches and GMs all the time.

Krugan
11-06-2014, 11:17 AM
I think there is a misunderstanding here.

a teams choice to retain a person really has nothing to do with the core argument from the last couple pages.

Sadly failure to deliver the hardware leads to some being removed from position.

Guess its the way it is in the world, your a ceo, your goal is to increase profit 8% this year, but you made 5, so you got close and get another year. They want 8 again this year, you got 5, you get let go. Its just how it works. Wasnt really all that bad, but you didnt produce so you get let go.

BroncoWave
11-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Bill Bellichick is another great example of the point I am making. When Shanny was fired, we were just over 10 years removed from our last title. The Pats are about 10 years removed from their last title as well. The difference is that the Pats still win their division every year and make deep playoff runs. And given that, the Pats aren't even close to considering firing him.

Northman
11-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Bill Bellichick is another great example of the point I am making. When Shanny was fired, we were just over 10 years removed from our last title. The Pats are about 10 years removed from their last title as well. The difference is that the Pats still win their division every year and make deep playoff runs. And given that, the Pats aren't even close to considering firing him.

Well, they have also still been to the SB twice since their last win so the fact that they are still vying for championships go a long way.

BroncoWave
11-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Well, they have also still been to the SB twice since their last win so the fact that they are still vying for championships go a long way.

Which is exactly my point. We are in the same boat right now, vying for championships on a yearly basis. Which is why it's hard for me to say that anything about this team over the last 3 years could be considered a "failure".

Northman
11-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Which is exactly my point. We are in the same boat right now, vying for championships on a yearly basis. Which is why it's hard for me to say that anything about this team over the last 3 years could be considered a "failure".

If using disappointment is a better term for you than just fly with that man. I think your exaggerating the term "failure" in a sense that you believe that we feel the team is utter shit which isnt the case. Last year, we failed to win the championship. For you, last year was a disappointment. I think you guys have kind of made a mountain out of an anthill here and gotten extremely hung up on the term alone. There are many variations when it comes to failure so i think you guys have just taken the use of it much more than intended.

BroncoJoe
11-06-2014, 12:16 PM
failure

a : omission of occurrence or performance; specifically : a failing to perform a duty or expected action <failure to pay the rent on time>
b (1) : a state of inability to perform a normal function <kidney failure> — compare heart failure (2) : an abrupt cessation of normal functioning <a power failure>
c : a fracturing or giving way under stress <structural failure>
a : lack of success
b : a failing in business : bankruptcy
a : a falling short : deficiency <a crop failure>
b : deterioration, decay
4 : one that has failed

One could argue if the Broncos don't win the Superbowl, they failed. One could also contend they're not a failure based on the definition.

Either way, it appears to me some people just like to argue.

IMO, if they don't win the SB this year, it is a failure because that is the clear objective for this team. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching, or participating in the ups and downs of an NFL season. It just means they didn't achieve their stated goal, which is to win the championship this year.

GEM
11-06-2014, 12:21 PM
One could argue if the Broncos don't win the Superbowl, they failed. One could also contend they're not a failure based on the definition.

Either way, it appears to me some people just like to argue.

IMO, if they don't win the SB this year, it is a failure because that is the clear objective for this team. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching, or participating in the ups and downs of an NFL season. It just means they didn't achieve their stated goal, which is to win the championship this year.

Along with 30 other teams, people need to be fired. :laugh:

Northman
11-06-2014, 12:22 PM

I thought there was 32 teams in the NFL? :confused:

GEM
11-06-2014, 12:22 PM
I really don't think anyone is up in arms about the whole thing, we're coming off a week where we got our asses handed to us and getting ready to play the Raiders...not much to talk about. Unless we want to talk about the huge red mark on Manning's forehead every week, now that would be a good discussion. :laugh:

GEM
11-06-2014, 12:24 PM
I thought there was 32 teams in the NFL? :confused:

1 wins and the other 1 is us. Duh, North. :D

BroncoJoe
11-06-2014, 12:52 PM

My point, thus the bolded "this" team, is they were built to win the Superbowl. We aren't the Raiders, Jaguars, Jets or any other team you want to throw out there as a comparison. That's just not a realistic comparison.

underrated29
11-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Wow. A 5 page thread on the semantics of Failure.

This thread is a failure.
(letsseeifwecangetto10pages)

BroncoWave
11-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Wow. A 5 page thread on the semantics of Failure.

This thread is a failure.
(letsseeifwecangetto10pages)

I'm apparently the only person on this board who has it set to 40 posts per page, so it's only on page 2 for me. :D

underrated29
11-06-2014, 01:08 PM
I'm apparently the only person on this board who has it set to 40 posts per page, so it's only on page 2 for me. :D

Damnit!
Thats a failure

Northman
11-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Damnit!
Thats a failure

No, thats just obnoxious.

capt. Jack
11-06-2014, 03:40 PM
I thought we should have beaten the Seahawks and the Patriots to make a statement. We made a statement alright, we are not as good as them, yet!

Nomad
11-06-2014, 03:44 PM
I thought we should have beaten the Seahawks and the Patriots to make a statement. We made a statement alright, we are not as good as them, yet!

Manning has his shot to beat the crap out of the Raiders.....on the road.

capt. Jack
11-06-2014, 04:02 PM

That is always nice to see!
:)

Northman
11-06-2014, 04:07 PM

So your saying there is a chance.....

BroncoWave
11-06-2014, 04:11 PM

I still think we can win this week!

Nomad
11-06-2014, 04:13 PM

Unless he gets stabbed going to the game.....it is Oakland:lol:

Mike
11-06-2014, 05:39 PM
Elway brought in Manning and all these other high-price talents in for one goal, to win the SB. Failure to win a SB is a failure of that goal. It doesn't mean that Elway failed as a GM or the games/season was not fun to watch.

I don't know what the big deal is in saying any of that. But, then again, I expect more than not-too-shabby.