PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller: There for Aldon Smith

Denver Native (Carol)
11-04-2014, 03:27 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith has another game left on his nine-game suspension for violations of the NFL's substance abuse and personal conduct policies, and Von Miller can't wait to see his buddy back on the football field.

Miller knows exactly what Smith is going through.

Denver's pass-rushing linebacker missed the first six games last year while serving a drug suspension and then collected just five sacks in nine games before blowing out his right knee last December and missing the Super Bowl.

Miller is back this year and hit the halfway point with nine sacks, on pace to challenge his club record of 18½ he set in 2012. He was named the AFC's Defensive Player of the Month in October.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11819668/von-miller-denver-broncos-said-knows-aldon-smith-san-francisco-49ers-going-through

GEM
11-04-2014, 03:29 PM
Just don't go to any parties at his house, Von. Mmmkay!

CrazyHorse
11-04-2014, 11:11 PM
Von is also there in man coverage on Gronkowski in the endzone...

SoCalImport
11-05-2014, 02:51 AM
nobody was winning that matchup anyway. Terrible play call

SoCalImport
11-05-2014, 02:56 AM
"Miller bulked up by 25 pounds heading into last season. The extra weight made him top heavy and might even have contributed to his torn right ACL in December. He's back down to 245 and said in retrospect he wouldn't have packed on the pounds during his banishment.

"I probably would have lost a little weight," Miller said."

Yeah. If I had to guess I'd say Miller is best playing around 240lbs. He's obviously plenty strong at that weight and his quickness is in full effect.

CrazyHorse
11-05-2014, 07:04 PM
nobody was winning that matchup anyway. Terrible play call

Double cover him and bump him at the line. Have someone go over for the fade and inside for the quick slant. At least contest the points.