PDA

View Full Version : BTV Live: Fox

Denver Native (Carol)
11-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Watch live as Head Coach John Fox meets the media at approximately 1:15 p.m. MDT.

It is on right now - did not start at 1:15 p.m.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-Live-Fox/8f66be47-ba3f-43ed-995b-241b536ae22d

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 24m 24 minutes ago

Gotta feeling Broncos players getting a little extra coaching today from John Fox and assistants. Fox closing in on half-hour late for press

VonDoom
11-03-2014, 04:10 PM
From Twitter:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 19m19 minutes ago

Gotta feeling Broncos players getting a little extra coaching today from John Fox and assistants. Fox closing in on half-hour late for press

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Nate Irving has a knee sprain and the Broncos will "continue to evaluate" him, Fox said. Welker has a "back bruise."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Fox: Welker is "day to day." Irving will continue to be evaluated, Fox said.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Fox: "We all stunk. There was some good, there was some bad. Not enough good. At the end of the day, the buck stops here. That's on me."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Fox, on Revis comments about knowing what DEN was doing: "I think there were sometimes yesterday we didn't know what we were doing."

MileHighReport ‏@MileHighReport 20s21 seconds ago

Fox, on Revis saying he knew what #Broncos were doing on offense: "I don't even know how to respond to that." Me: That's a problem.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 37s37 seconds ago

Fox: team had three players new to punt-coverage team. "It started off bad and got progressively worse."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 23s24 seconds ago

Fox: kicking a FG was not an option on the fourth-down failure in the 2nd quarter. "We were going to punt."

Fox, on McManus: "We're not here to pin it one person... windy conditions ... not an easy place to kick ... need to improve that."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 2m2 minutes ago

"There's no doubt we need to do better than we did yesterday. ... Not here to pin it on one person." Coach Fox

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 41s41 seconds ago

Fox, "We haven't even had a chance to talk about" replacing Irving. Nelson/Barrow/S.Johnson are options, Fox added.

Fox: "The sky's not falling. This stuff is fixable, and that's my job."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 12s13 seconds ago

Nothing more predictable in a John Fox presser than this ... Q: "How concerned are you about XX?" Fox: "It's all concerning."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 9s10 seconds ago

Fox, on team's mistakes: "First you admit them, then you fix them, then you do everything to make sure they don't happen again."

Denver Native (Carol)
11-03-2014, 04:17 PM
It is over - here are some things Coach Fox said:

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 6m

Fox, on team's mistakes: "First you admit them, then you fix them, then you do everything to make sure they don't happen again."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 7m

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 8m

Fox, "We haven't even had a chance to talk about" replacing Irving. Nelson/Barrow/S.Johnson are options, Fox added.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 9m

Fox, on McManus: "We're not here to pin it one person... windy conditions ... not an easy place to kick ... need to improve that."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 10m

Fox: kicking a FG was not an option on the fourth-down failure in the 2nd quarter. "We were going to punt."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 10m

Fox: team had three players new to punt-coverage team. "It started off bad and got progressively worse."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 11m

Fox, on Revis comments about knowing what DEN was doing: "I think there were sometimes yesterday we didn't know what we were doing."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 13m

Fox: "We all stunk. There was some good, there was some bad. Not enough good. At the end of the day, the buck stops here. That's on me."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 14m

Fox: Welker is "day to day." Irving will continue to be evaluated, Fox said.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 14m

Nate Irving has a knee sprain and the Broncos will "continue to evaluate" him, Fox said. Welker has a "back bruise."

Simple Jaded
11-03-2014, 04:25 PM
I take it Irving had an MRI and the tear isn't season ending?

Mike
11-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Not too shabby.

The Broncos have had the same problems, Fox has been unable to fix them.

Joel
11-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 19m19 minutes ago

Well, hot dog—only took three years and HOW many blowouts?! A whole extra half hour:

NO MORE "43-8"

NO MORE "They were just a better team."

NO MORE "We made mistakes, but they're correctable."

Oops, I stand "corrected" on that last #NoMore. No KIDDING it's your job, genius; plan to start DOING it any year soon?!

There were many times most people in the stands, the gameday thread and Kalahari lean-tos knew what we were doing (not that that disproves Foxs claim HE didn't.)

Fox, on Revis saying he knew what #Broncos were doing on offense: "I don't even know how to respond to that." Me: That's a problem.
A recurring one for us: When opposing PLAYERS outsmart a HEAD COACH, what's that say of the coach...?

You bet your sweet shabby it is. How you can keep coming up short three years running after the roster full of Pro Bowlers Elway giftwrapped for you every time is beyond me.

Great; so what year do we move on to Step 2 then? Is Fox in the Twelve Steps of Recovery or Five Stages of Grief? A mistake becomes an error when one refuses to correct it.

Joel
11-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Not too shabby.

The Broncos have had the same problems, Fox has been unable to fix them.
Nothing to add (except how does he have the GALL for yet another "we lost because of fixable mistakes I still haven't fixed" presser.) At least he stepped up enough his "admissions" include acknowledging who's to blame for that; must not be a REAL Broncos fan. :rolleyes:

VonDoom
11-03-2014, 05:18 PM
I take it Irving had an MRI and the tear isn't season ending?

They still have to do more tests, but it appears it's not season ending

Davii
11-03-2014, 05:20 PM
I take it Joel isn't a Fox fan...

GEM
11-03-2014, 05:49 PM
No he's just got a higher football IQ then Fox. :rolleyes: Fox should log on here and take some pointers from Joel.

Joel
11-03-2014, 06:20 PM
No he's just got a higher football IQ then Fox. :rolleyes: Fox should log on here and take some pointers from Joel.
He should take some pointers from SOMEONE; it's not like there's a shortage of people with a higher football IQ. Apparently there were at least two at Sundays game alone—one was PLAYING. :rolleyes:

C'mon, be real: When multiple people in every gameday thread can predict what we'll do on the next play, it's a safe bet Belicheat or whoever's coaching this weeks opponent knows, too. That makes it a safe bet to fail miserably unless our many jaw-droppingly talented players make yet another oustanding play, which is a tribute to them, but means they win DESPITE Fox, not because of him. And I know top pro athletes should be able to self-motivate for big games and hone their drills for themselves, but for those of them and others who don't, that's where coaching come in—or SHOULD....

Denver Native (Carol)
11-03-2014, 06:31 PM
The Broncos OC, Adam Gase is PAID to put the offensive game plan together for each game. It has been stated many times that Manning also has input into the offensive game plan. Not sure what that has to do with Coach Fox.

Shazam!
11-03-2014, 06:45 PM
So really he said nothing we didn't know already.

GEM
11-03-2014, 06:50 PM
He should take some pointers from SOMEONE; it's not like there's a shortage of people with a higher football IQ. Apparently there were at least two at Sundays game alone—one was PLAYING. :rolleyes:

C'mon, be real: When multiple people in every gameday thread can predict what we'll do on the next play, it's a safe bet Belicheat or whoever's coaching this weeks opponent knows, too. That makes it a safe bet to fail miserably unless our many jaw-droppingly talented players make yet another oustanding play, which is a tribute to them, but means they win DESPITE Fox, not because of him. And I know top pro athletes should be able to self-motivate for big games and hone their drills for themselves, but for those of them and others who don't, that's where coaching come in—or SHOULD....

I'd love for you to get to put together a game plan. Nah, I really wouldn't, then we'd be 2-6, not 6-2.

Why haven't you taken your above average football IQ to a team and really teach these neanderthals how to play the game? I mean you're of such high acumen, they really could learn a thing or 2 from you. :laugh:

These players get paid millions to be "up for a game" if they aren't, move the hell on and get someone in who is. That really isn't the coaches job, that's why the player collects a pay check.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-03-2014, 07:25 PM
The best part of this thread is that these were the same questions that Bellicheat dodged after they got smoked by the Chiefs. Perhaps Fox just should've responded to each with "we're on to Oakland". We sound like Pats fans after the Chiefs game. Overreact much?

Sure, let's fire John Fox and re-hire Josh Mcdumbass or another young, brash hotshot idiot coordinator to screw up what we've got going here. Maybe he'll trade Manning for Christian Ponder or something so we can go 4-12 again. That would be super awesome sauce!

We lost. We can't change it. We're on to Jokeland.

SR
11-03-2014, 08:38 PM
The Broncos OC, Adam Gase is PAID to put the offensive game plan together for each game. It has been stated many times that Manning also has input into the offensive game plan. Not sure what that has to do with Coach Fox.

He's the HEAD COACH

tripp
11-03-2014, 08:41 PM
The best part of this thread is that these were the same questions that Bellicheat dodged after they got smoked by the Chiefs. Perhaps Fox just should've responded to each with "we're on to Oakland". We sound like Pats fans after the Chiefs game. Overreact much?

Sure, let's fire John Fox and re-hire Josh Mcdumbass or another young, brash hotshot idiot coordinator to screw up what we've got going here. Maybe he'll trade Manning for Christian Ponder or something so we can go 4-12 again. That would be super awesome sauce!

Wouldn't totally be opposed to re-hiring Dennis Allen as a DC, maybe next year?

HORSEPOWER 56
11-04-2014, 06:54 AM

Wouldn't totally be opposed to re-hiring Dennis Allen as a DC, maybe next year?
I don't know what your beef is with JDR but the defense is markedly better with him than it was with Allen. Yes Allen took us from dead last to a respectable 20 something, but he wasn't half the DC JDR is.

We gave up big plays much more often with Allen than JDR and our rush defense wasn't good. JDR is the guy who pushed for huge DTs like Pot Roast to improve the defense inside. This could be the best defense the Broncos have had since the 70s. I just don't get the hate. It was one bad game.

Mike
11-04-2014, 10:06 AM

It's too late to fire him. All that is left is to pray for homefield advantage and the right playoff matchups. If we have to go on the road against a good team or need the coaches to give us advantage then I have no expectations in the playoffs.

Davii
11-04-2014, 10:08 AM
Can anyone name a better AVAILABLE coach?

HORSEPOWER 56
11-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Can anyone name a better AVAILABLE coach?

I'm sure folks will try, but Fox is better than a lot of HCs who have jobs right now and definitely better than some young coordinator. I happen to like Fox and the players do too.