PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos knocked off AFC perch in rout

Denver Native (Carol)
11-03-2014, 03:39 PM
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Maybe Peyton Manning hadn't heard Patriots fans chanting "Bra-dy's bet-ter" late in the fourth quarter while he sat on the bench in the cold. He almost certainly wouldn't have cared even if he had, although he did glare into the crowd when a cup came hurtling his way as he left the field. For this night, at least, Manning might have agreed with the partisans' assessment. Manning is famously self-critical and attuned to the nuances of his game, as meticulous in his self-scouting as he is in coordinating his orange tie with his Broncos-blue suit. But his critique of himself Sunday night, after the Denver Broncos were dominated by the Patriots, 43-21, was even blunter than the New England crowd's.

"If the quarterback stinks, you're usually not going to win many games," Manning said.

When it was pointed out to Manning that it was hard to remember him ever saying he stunk, he replied: "I don't usually stink, but I stunk today."

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000422248/article/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-knocked-off-afc-perch-in-rout

Nomad
11-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Raiders are going to get a pissed off Manning, and an ass whoopin:lol:

Krugan
11-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Ahhh classy boston peeps, throwing things at players.

Almost like going to oakland, but colder and with a horrible accent...

MNPatsFan
11-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Raiders are going to get a pissed off Manning, and an ass whoopin:lol:The Raiders would get an ass whooping regardless of whether Manning is pissed.:lol:

I'm thinking the Lions' status of being the only team to go 0-16 is in jeopardy.;)

Nomad
11-03-2014, 06:04 PM

Almost like going to oakland, but colder and with a horrible accent...

I guess throwing batteries is ok:lol:

MNPatsFan
11-03-2014, 06:06 PM

Almost like going to oakland, but colder and with a horrible accent...Unfortunately, there are idiot fans for every team who throw things at opposing players.