PDA

View Full Version : Did the Broncos lose in NE last year and still get HFA?

MHCBill
11-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Reviewing the remaining schedules it basically comes down to this...

Both the Pats and Broncos play Miami and Buffalo at home = wash.

Both the Pats and Broncos play at San Diego = wash.

The Pats have NY Jets at home, Broncos have Oakland at home = wash.

The Pats play at Green Bay and at Indy, whicle the Broncos play at KC and Cincinnati = wash.

The Pats play Detroit at home, Denver plays at St. Louis... I'll take Denver in this game advantage.

Assuming Denver beats Oakland on the road this week while the Pats are on the bye it looks to me that the schedule slightly favors Denver at St. Louis while New England plays Detroit.

If we don't beat Oakland this week and St. Louis next week while the Pats play the Colts, then there really isn't much too complain about. The schedule is otherwise even.

SR
11-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Your conclusion being...

Krugan
11-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Nothing they can do but play their schedule and see how things shake out.

Same as every year.

right now they didnt win one they needed.

DenBronx
11-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Your conclusion being...

That we have a small window to take back 1st place if we get our ish together.

ShaneFalco
11-03-2014, 04:29 PM
st. louis not just going to roll over for denver.

Denver got punked yesterday. They punched us in the mouth, and straight up punked by NE. Reminded me of the SB all over again, and frankly if any teams plays physical on D left on the schedule, its the Rams.

Joel
11-03-2014, 04:53 PM
Last year NE was increasingly decimated by injuries as the season progressed, while we were pretty healthy till the playoffs apart from Vickerson and Clady. Perhaps most significantly, Ward ended Gronks season about a month before the playoffs, but NE was walking wounded by seasons end, played 3/5 on the road after us and STILL only lost ONE game, finishing 12-4 as the #2 seed, just a game behind us.

This year, well, did you check our and their injury reports going into that game? It was much the same for them, but we had everyone except Trevathan and Ball. They kicked the crap out of us in every phase of the game ANYWAY. Champions DICTATE destiny; they don't hope someone else does their dirty work FOR them. Remember when we got to host the '05 AFCCG because Pitt knocked off Mannings #1 Colts, our perennial kryptonite? Remember what a disaster that AFCCG (the ONLY one Denver's EVER lost at home) and who hoisted their 5th Lombardi at seasons end?

We can still get the #1 seed back, though even if Indy beats NE at home FOR us next week we'll still need to keep doing our job like we should've yesterday to avoid BOTH of them getting byes and making us #3 or worse. Just winning the division requires winning tough road divisonal games against KC and SD, who are both just a game back, and will get back most of the many starters they lacked last time. On paper, we should win those games; on paper, we should make up at least one game on NE, because their remaining schedule's tougher. Yet on paper we should've blown them out last night though: Did we...?

sneakers
11-03-2014, 04:53 PM
lol the cheatriots are going to lose 2 of their next 4 games

screencap this please

VonDoom
11-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Last year NE was increasingly decimated by injuries as the season progressed, while we were pretty healthy till the playoffs apart from Vickerson and Clady.

Have you been listening to the national press again? Because that's the revisionist history that they're trying to push regarding the AFCCG last year. If I recall, we were down Clady, Vickerson, Wolfe, Moore, MILLER and Harris going into that game. We also had Champ for a cup of coffee at the end of the year. We were just as beat up as the Pats in that game.

VonDoom
11-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Also, funny little stat quirk that I just read elsewhere that makes me feel a little better about hoping the Patriots lose some games - they haven't beaten good teams on the road in years. The last time they won a game on the road against a team that finished with a winning record that year was 2010. I count 0-5 since then in games that fit this criteria. I'm under the assumption that both the Colts and Packers will finish above .500; I'm not as sure about the Chargers as I was before. So obviously it's no guarantee of anything, but it's proof once again that it's hard to win road games in this league against good competition.

For the record, in 2012 and 2013, we were 4-4 on the road against teams that finished with a winning record that year.

MasterShake
11-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Well you can't have turnovers or special teams gaffes on the road and expect to win, and the Broncos did both on Sunday. I agree with those who are frustrated that we lost and the way we did it, but the good news is they are correctable mistakes. Its not like we don't have the talent, yesterday came down to mental lapses in all three phases. You have to play good teams nearly flawless to stand a chance, and that is what New England did to us and we failed to do to them. Just like last year I think the script flips if we host them at Mile High in the postseason. For all of the mystique of Foxboro, its important to remember that even in their Dynasty years New England has struggled here. Denver has won 4 of 6 going back to 2003 including both playoff games at home. I think Home Field Advantage is crucial:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/ScreenShot2014-11-03at74807PM_zps55a3bade.png

One silver lining you can take away from yesterdays game is that instead of thinking they can cruise to a #1 seed Denver HAS to focus and get up for games that they might take for granted such as the upcoming game in Oakland. The Raiders have been in their games and would love to screw over some teams as they circle the drain. IF we don't see a renewed focus and killer instinct from this team down the stretch for playoff seeding I will start to worry. As it stands we made mistakes on the road to a great team and lost. No surprises there though we have every right to be pissed. I'm just not concerned...yet. :D

CrazyHorse
11-03-2014, 11:21 PM
Basically every game from here on out is a must win.

MOtorboat
11-04-2014, 04:03 AM
Last year NE was increasingly decimated by injuries as the season progressed, while we were pretty healthy till the playoffs apart from Vickerson and Clady. Perhaps most significantly, Ward ended Gronks season about a month before the playoffs, but NE was walking wounded by seasons end, played 3/5 on the road after us and STILL only lost ONE game, finishing 12-4 as the #2 seed, just a game behind us.

This year, well, did you check our and their injury reports going into that game? It was much the same for them, but we had everyone except Trevathan and Ball. They kicked the crap out of us in every phase of the game ANYWAY. Champions DICTATE destiny; they don't hope someone else does their dirty work FOR them. Remember when we got to host the '05 AFCCG because Pitt knocked off Mannings #1 Colts, our perennial kryptonite? Remember what a disaster that AFCCG (the ONLY one Denver's EVER lost at home) and who hoisted their 5th Lombardi at seasons end?

We can still get the #1 seed back, though even if Indy beats NE at home FOR us next week we'll still need to keep doing our job like we should've yesterday to avoid BOTH of them getting byes and making us #3 or worse. Just winning the division requires winning tough road divisonal games against KC and SD, who are both just a game back, and will get back most of the many starters they lacked last time. On paper, we should win those games; on paper, we should make up at least one game on NE, because their remaining schedule's tougher. Yet on paper we should've blown them out last night though: Did we...?

Do you really think the No. 1 seed should blow out the No. 2 seed, played at the No. 2 seed's home field?

Do you actually believe that?

Good grief.

New England out played Denver in Week 9. That's it. As to all that other garbage about 2005 and 2013 and 2003 and 2004. LOL.