PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Patriots 11/02/14

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

sneakers
11-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Ok Broncos, why not prove you're the best team in the AFC and get a stranglehold of the #1 seed?

You can do it!

Go Broncos!

http://i.imgur.com/7heeXiD.jpg

SR
11-01-2014, 08:38 PM
It's not even game day yet!

Joel
11-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Sure it is, and had been for over an hour when the thread was created: Well done, sneakers. :tongue:

SR
11-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Sure it is, and had been for over an hour when the thread was created: Well done, sneakers. :tongue:

In Europe. This is America!

Slick
11-01-2014, 09:33 PM
No, sneakers! No!

Dzone
11-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Forecast is calling for wind gusts up to 45 mph. Typical lousy New England weather

VonDoom
11-01-2014, 10:09 PM
I've posted my concerns about this game elsewhere. That being said, we are the better team and hopefully we go out and show it. For all the success we've had this year, this is only our third road game, and our other two include our only loss and a struggle against a bad Jets team. We have to prove we can win the big road game, so that it helps us get big home games down the line.

It won't be the end of the world if we lose, but man, a win would be utterly incredible here. Let's go get 'em.

BroncoWave
11-01-2014, 10:11 PM
My prediction is a 34-20 Denver win.

VonDoom
11-01-2014, 10:16 PM
My prediction is a 34-20 Denver win.

Sign me up for that!

Az Snake
11-01-2014, 10:58 PM
just win the game, broncos!:defense:

Ditto !!!

Joel
11-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Unpredictably intermittent homefield gusts reach marginal returns at some point, and it may be when a 20+ mph wind may or may not jump to 50 then back down to 20 between release and catch. It certainly hurts Manning more by removing his greatest strength, because pinpoint accuracy goes out the window, but there's no guarantee Bradys celebrated bad weather ability will fair much better. The smart thing to do in a game like that is run whenever possible, which plays to our TEAM strength: Top 5 run D vs. bottom 10 rushing offense and, to a lesser extent, bottom 10 rushing offense vs. bottom 10 run D.

The focus is Manning vs. Brady, but Hillman/Thompson vs. Vereen/Bolden, as well as their blocking, could be at least as big a story. It goes without saying we can't afford the fumbles that put Hillman in the doghouse last year and cost us the NE game (to be clear, only one of those fumbles was Hillmans, but that just underscores the point: The Pats are good at stripping footballs, and preventing that is a must tomorrow.) If our RBs play as well as the last few games, it may not MATTER how good Manning is or isn't; we have other options than passing, but NE doesn't.

That could prove a problem for them with or without the wind, because I think our secondary's at least as good as theirs (and the stats say they're BETTER per attempt) but we have MUCH better receivers for the secondaries to guard. Our front four and LBs are also better than NEs against both run and pass; perhaps those units would be more comparable if NEs best pass rusher wasn't out for a month and their best coverage LB out for the season, but they are, and that basically leaves Wilfork (hello, double team) and Ninkovich up front, backed by Hightower.

While I've been critical of our interior offensive linemen, they've played better the last couple games, and I'd definitely bet on them vs. a depleted NE front seven, and OUR solid front seven should fare much better against a Patriot interior line that's just as bad (they can and likely will double Potroast, but that's one less man to block Williams, Ware, Wolfe/Jackson and Miller.) It's just a more complete Broncos team that's not rendered helpless by talent, scheme or weather taking away its favorite weapon, which is very much the case for a Pats team that's managed only half as many rushing TDs.

If we run well and protect the ball, my only remaining concern will be getting off the field on 3rd and long, because we've had a bad habit of dominating 1st and 2nd down only to give up a conversion and extend drives we should've ended. The wind and Bradys dubious receiving corps may help us there if we can at least slow down Gronk, but we can't count on opposing players and weather doing our job for us. IF we do our job from kickoff to gun for a third straight big game (this one on the road) though we may not need Manning much.

Dzone
11-01-2014, 11:10 PM
say what?

Bronco9798
11-01-2014, 11:13 PM
There's always those one or two games a year we come out and look confused, no emotion, play horrible, and lose a game we shouldn't. It happens and you never understand it. Hopefully, this isn't one of those games. I've had a horrible feeling all week. It hasn't changed yet. We're a better team but sometimes that just doesn't matter. We'll see. Sometimes breaking down X and O's is just simply not needed. Games like these go beyond all and everything you would think would or should happen. This could be a classic, or just a real stinker!!

This game has huge implications for a tie breaker for possible home field advantage. This game right here could either put us at home for the AFC Championship game, or possibly right back here in New England, in January.

GO Broncos!!! We really need this one for a lot of reasons!!!!

Canmore
11-01-2014, 11:21 PM
A win and were in the drivers seat for home field. GO BRONCOS!!!

NightTrainLayne
11-01-2014, 11:23 PM
This is one of those games I feel like we should win, but won't. Should be a great game though.

Joel
11-01-2014, 11:23 PM
There's always those one or two games a year we come out and look confused, no emotion, play horrible, and lose a game we shouldn't. It happens and you never understand it. Hopefully, this isn't one of those games. I've had a horrible feeling all week. It hasn't changed yet. We're a better team but sometimes that just doesn't matter. We'll see. Sometimes breaking down X and O's is just simply not needed. Games like these go beyond all and everything you would think would or should happen. This could be a classic, or just a real stinker!!

This game has huge implications for a tie breaker for possible home field advantage. This game right here could either put us at home for the AFC Championship game, or possibly right back here in New England, in January.

GO Broncos!!! We really need this one for a lot of reasons!!!!
There've been a LOT of those games the past few seasons: We're just so overloaded with elite talent it usually doesn't cost us a win unless the opponent's very good. But the last two games we played up to our full potential from kickoff to gun, and blew up very good teams with just 3 days off between them, which I found VERY encouraging. The question now is can we make it a third straight game but on the road for just the third time all year, and despite 10 days off to lose focus and intensity. If the answer's yes, it's probably a good thing the team got that new trophy case.

New England needs this game far more mathematically; as sneakers said, a win would practically clinch the #1 seed since NE and everyone else would be multiple games behind us, and NE would have to beat Indy on the road next week to avoid falling behind BOTH of us (Indy has a much easier schedule left: The Pats probably couldn't get a bye if they lose both those games.) But we need it more psychologically, to prove once and for all we show up for big games from start to finish, even on the road, and beat good teams we SHOULD beat rather than choking. Games like this define championship seasons.

Shazam!
11-01-2014, 11:31 PM
I can see Hillman having a huge day.

sneakers
11-01-2014, 11:42 PM
Forecast is calling for wind gusts up to 45 mph. Typical lousy New England weather

all the better for hillman

Joel
11-02-2014, 12:02 AM
I can see Hillman having a huge day.
Sure hope so; this is a big test of whether his fumblitis is cured for good: If so, the story of this game could be how little the wind and secondaries made Manning AND Brady matter. I heard the green balls were frequent at recent practices; I hope they found a way to keep Hillman focused and alert without making him neurotic.

This could also be where we finally get a big helping of Thompson; Moreno averaged >6 yds/att last year, but 37 carries was asking too much, and once he was hurt we had no second option: Now we do. I'd LOVE to see him plow into that soft front four a dozen or more times after they're worn out trying to corral Hillman (though I'd like the reverse even better once Thompson knows the offense better.)

Nomad
11-02-2014, 12:05 AM
Ditto !!!

Yes sir, my friend! Just Win The Game, BRONCOS!:defense:

I expect a nailbiter, but our BRONCOS win the game. :salute:

Joel
11-02-2014, 02:33 AM
Can someone PLEASE block that guy today? He eats our lunch EVERY time we play NE; it's getting old. He's good, but not the All Pro we make him appear.

Con_Valian
11-02-2014, 03:37 AM
Go Broncos!!!!!!!!

Dapper Dan
11-02-2014, 03:39 AM
Embedded:

http://vimeo.com/85062085

Link:
http://vimeo.com/85062085

OrangeHoof
11-02-2014, 04:28 AM
More than any AFC West foe, this is the team that makes me physically ill to see the Broncos lose to.

A win today gives Denver a 1-1/2 game lead on the rest of the conference for Home Field advantage which means they can survive a road misstep against KC, SD or Cincy later so long as they don't lose more than once.

If they lose to the Patriots, however, they join the other two-loss teams and face the prospect of another AFC Championship Game in depressing Bradyville if it comes down to a tie.

Owning the tiebreaker over both Indy and New England would be psychologically huge as well.

Weather forecast calls for 40 degrees with wintry mix moving out of the area just before game time. Let's hope it speeds through and the conditions are dry before kickoff. A fast track favors our receivers.

BroncoWave
11-02-2014, 08:37 AM
Before everyone jumps off the ledge over losing the 1 seed to NE if we lose to them today, these are their next 5 games after us:

@ Indy
vs. Detroit
@ Green Bay
@ San Diego
vs. Miami

That is 5 potential playoff teams in a row, with 3 of them on the road. Chances are they will drop at least one if not two of those. So even if we do lose today, NE still has a LOT of work to do to wrap up the 1 seed.

Bronco9798
11-02-2014, 08:48 AM
More than any AFC West foe, this is the team that makes me physically ill to see the Broncos lose to.

A win today gives Denver a 1-1/2 game lead on the rest of the conference for Home Field advantage which means they can survive a road misstep against KC, SD or Cincy later so long as they don't lose more than once.

If they lose to the Patriots, however, they join the other two-loss teams and face the prospect of another AFC Championship Game in depressing Bradyville if it comes down to a tie.

Owning the tiebreaker over both Indy and New England would be psychologically huge as well.

Weather forecast calls for 40 degrees with wintry mix moving out of the area just before game time. Let's hope it speeds through and the conditions are dry before kickoff. A fast track favors our receivers.

I see you get it too. Ah, hey, we can still lose they say and be fine. NE has to to do this and play that team, etc., **** all that. We lose it puts more pressure on us to win in other games. We win then maybe we can afford to stumble somewhere down the road and be ok. NE could win today and go off on a huge winning streak. Let's not think, oh well hey it's fine, it's no big deal, we need to win this friggin game, period. Although, I have a bad feeling about this game, we still need to win it. GO Broncos!!! I'm all fired up now!!!! I'm ready for kickoff!!

Let's win and keep the pressure on other people to keep winning. Let's not put so much on ourselves.

Dzone
11-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Looks like a BLIZZARD in Foxboro. Weather is the major factor. Tight spirals vs wobbles in the wind

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-02-2014, 11:28 AM
60 minute effort today boys.

LETS GO BRONCOS!

chazoe60
11-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Go BRONCOS!

Nomad
11-02-2014, 11:32 AM
It's not like the game's about to start. The weather will clear........crosses fingers:lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Mark Haas is on live at NE now, from the stadium, and it's snowing there, the field is totally covered, and the wind is blowing.

Az Snake
11-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Someone mentioned eating lunch.
Here's what Tommie is going to eat; Pot Roast !!!
(Along with some sides of Ware and Miller)

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2357324/terranceknighton_sackanddance.0.gif

Az Snake
11-02-2014, 11:44 AM
It's not like the game's about to start. The weather will clear........crosses fingers:lol:

Mark Haas is on live at NE now, from the stadium, and it's snowing there, the field is totally covered, and the wind is blowing.

No worries; Peyton has his favorite glove now.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 1h

That 24-year NFL schedule rotation had bad timing. It'll be 64 in Denver today; there are snow squalls right now in NE.

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 1h

Peyton will again have to stick that bad weather narrative where the sun don't shine

Nomad
11-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 1h

That 24-year NFL schedule rotation had bad timing. It'll be 64 in Denver today; there are snow squalls right now in NE.

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 1h

Peyton will again have to stick that bad weather narrative where the sun don't shine

So Mike, we're supposed to assume Manning's starring out the window with a pouty face, letting the weather get inside his head.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 37m

Whiteout right now in Foxboro....look at SalPal!

Nomad
11-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Someone mentioned eating lunch.
Here's what Tommie is going to eat; Pot Roast !!!
(Along with some sides of Ware and Miller)

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2357324/terranceknighton_sackanddance.0.gif

Brady can have all the helpings of Pot Roast he wants.:lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2014, 11:52 AM
Brady can have all the helpings of Pot Roast he wants.:lol:

With Ware, Miller, and Wolfe on the side

VonDoom
11-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Game time is in four hours. It won't be snowing by then. Stop letting the hype scare you.

Joel
11-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Ultimately, the snow falls on the just and the unjust alike; we can't play in a dome every week, and this is the kind of game we'll have to win come January. We have more options and better options than throwing into a good secondary in a blizzard; NE doesn't. It's their field, so they know its turf and climate better than we, but "I still think we can win this," even if it won't be easy. ;)

Nomad
11-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Game time is in four hours. It won't be snowing by then. Stop letting the hype scare you.

As long as it doesn't change over to rain now......that would suck big time. I hate it when it does that crap here, everything turns into slicker-than-snot ice.

Davii
11-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Go Broncos!!!

If we have to win with shorter passes, yac, and a run game so be it!

We ARE the better team. NE has been balling as of late but Denver will pull it out. 31-20. Ronnie will have a good day, but our bruiser Juwan will have his career best day in relief as his downhill beat them up running style is perfectly suited to the elements.

In the end, I think the difference comes down to our much improved defense.

Nomad
11-02-2014, 12:16 PM
I think it'll come down to ball security. Gotta wrap up that ball. It'll be who has the least turnovers.

tripp
11-02-2014, 12:18 PM
The snow just emphasizes the run game now more than ever. Like Joel said snow doesn't just affect us, it affects the Patriots too. They're not immune to cold, they'll make bad plays too. IMO, I'm glad it's snowing, put to bed the whole Patriots are amazing in bad weather, etc. It's not like it doesn't get cold or snow in Denver.

tripp
11-02-2014, 12:20 PM
I think it'll come down to ball security. Gotta wrap up that ball. It'll be who has the least turnovers.

Good thing they've put extra emphasis on ball security this week, considering the sh*t show last year was with turn overs. This game will determine how good we really are.

Dzone
11-02-2014, 12:21 PM
Juwan Thompson weather! We got this. Old time football. This weather definitely heightens the tension. 4 hours to kickoff

Nomad
11-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Good thing they've put extra emphasis on ball security this week, considering the sh*t show last year was with turn overs. This game will determine how good we really are.

Considering the conditions......Hillman better emphasize holding on to that ball. Also, speed isn't always a good thing on snow, so I hope he doesn't slip a lot especially when planting that foot to change directions.

wayninja
11-02-2014, 12:26 PM
It's snowing at Foxborough. I still think we can win this.

SR
11-02-2014, 12:31 PM
It's snowing at Foxborough. I still think we can win this.

There shouldn't be any doubt.

Nomad
11-02-2014, 12:32 PM
This will be a positive only game day thread:lol:

SR
11-02-2014, 12:42 PM

Until you know what

Davii
11-02-2014, 12:42 PM

I'm glad you put that laugh on there Nomad. We all know we could win by 100 and there would be complaints in here.

wayninja
11-02-2014, 12:55 PM
I'm glad you put that laugh on there Nomad. We all know we could win by 100 and there would be complaints in here.

As is just. Unless the first play of every offensive possession results in TD, and the first possession by the opposition results in a turnover, there is room for improvement. Until we hit that goal, we suck.

Nomad
11-02-2014, 01:10 PM

I'm guilty from time to time:D.

I'm heading to Mass and I'll light a candle and say a prayer the BRONCOS do win. God is on our side.;)

Slick
11-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Broke out my old orange Shannon Sharpe jersey today. Hopefully Denver can "kill" the Patriots today.

SR
11-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Broke out my old orange Shannon Sharpe jersey today. Hopefully Denver can "kill" the Patriots today.

I'm wearing my Champ jersey today.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2014, 01:13 PM
As is just. Unless the first play of every offensive possession results in TD, and the first possession by the opposition results in a turnover, there is room for improvement. Until we hit that goal, we suck.

It really is hard to be a Broncos' fan - i.e. every other football team, week in and week out, plays a perfect game. I just can not understand why the Broncos can not do the same.

SR
11-02-2014, 01:15 PM
It really is hard to be a Broncos' fan - i.e. every other football team, week in and week out, plays a perfect game. I just can not understand why the Broncos can not do the same.

What?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2014, 01:19 PM
What?

Just replied to a post which stated what needs to happen to keep this a positive thread. Guess I should have ended my post with stating my sarcasm for the day.

Joel
11-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Go Broncos!!!

If we have to win with shorter passes, yac, and a run game so be it!

We ARE the better team. NE has been balling as of late but Denver will pull it out. 31-20. Ronnie will have a good day, but our bruiser Juwan will have his career best day in relief as his downhill beat them up running style is perfectly suited to the elements.

In the end, I think the difference comes down to our much improved defense.
I hope this is Thompsons breakout game, because you're right, the conditions are ideal for his power running, especially against a half strength front seven: Double team Wilfork, put a hat on Ninkovich and Hightower, then watch him snowplow for 6 yds a pop like Moreno last year, and Hillman+Thompson means we don't have to give either of them 37 carries like last year: There's a legit backup now.

Very likely; NE's good at causing turnovers, and we're far too generous with committing them, which was the whole game (both good and bad) last year. Slick ball's just increase the risk.

Yah, noticed and welcomed that, too, because we know NE will go for the strip, ESPECIALLY in these conditions and/or if trailing badly. You're right this is the one that proves how good we really are; games like this define championship seasons, and a win in Foxboroughs awful conditions would be almost as big as the playoff win at Arrowhead in '97, when they were division champs and we a wildcard.

SR
11-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Just replied to a post which stated what needs to happen to keep this a positive thread. Guess I should have ended my post with stating my sarcasm for the day.

Oh ok. Makes more sense now :)

ShaneFalco
11-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Broncos-Patriots: Snowing heavily in Foxborough; wind gusts to be 40 mphhttp://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24779968/broncos-patriots-snowing-heavily-in-foxborough-wind-gusts-to-be-40-mph

There should be no excuses for a team that is from denver!

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Oh ok. Makes more sense now :)

You should know me better than that :D

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2014, 01:33 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 13m

CB Kayvon Webster attended grandmother's funeral services. Re-joined Broncos at team hotel at 11 p.m. Saturday. He'll play today.

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 16m

I don't care what it's like at kickoff, weather folks were right. Say, sorry, Bill Belichick.

Joel
11-02-2014, 01:36 PM
I doubt Belicheat's at all sorry he was wrong (though he may regret it by tonight) and being right would've just reinforced his ominscient image.

Sorry about Websters gramma, but glad he's physically OK and will play today; hopefully we can get a win to give him at least a little happiness.

Slick
I hope WTE goes home cold, wet and sad.

Denver Native (Carol)
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24779968/broncos-patriots-snowing-heavily-in-foxborough-wind-gusts-to-be-40-mph

There should be no excuses for a team that is from denver!

Seriously - guess you have forgotten how many times people are skiing in the mountains, while others are playing golf in metro Denver

MOtorboat
11-02-2014, 01:38 PM
I hope this is Thompsons breakout game, because you're right, the conditions are ideal for his power running, especially against a half strength front seven: Double team Wilfork, put a hat on Ninkovich and Hightower, then watch him snowplow for 6 yds a pop like Moreno last year, and Hillman+Thompson means we don't have to give either of them 37 carries like last year: There's a legit backup now.

Very likely; NE's good at causing turnovers, and we're far too generous with committing them, which was the whole game (both good and bad) last year. Slick ball's just increase the risk.

Yah, noticed and welcomed that, too, because we know NE will go for the strip, ESPECIALLY in these conditions and/or if trailing badly. You're right this is the one that proves how good we really are; games like this define championship seasons, and a win in Foxboroughs awful conditions would be almost as big as the playoff win at Arrowhead in '97, when they were division champs and we a wildcard.

The Broncos are tied for second in LEAST number of turnovers.

Northman
11-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Which way to the more objective non thin skinned gameday thread?

wayninja
11-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Which way to the more objective non thin skinned gameday thread?

It's right between the leprechaun/unicorn threads.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-02-2014, 01:59 PM
My Sunday Ticket is down! Double you tee eff?

They better fix it... ****.

SR
11-02-2014, 02:03 PM
My Sunday Ticket is down! Double you tee eff? They better fix it... ****.

Use the mobile app in the mean time

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Miami 20, Phyllis 0

wayninja
11-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Miami 20, Phyllis 0

It's been fun watching phyllis in full clown-rage mode.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Use the mobile app in the mean time

Thank you. I got a tech to fix it thankfully.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 39s

Quinton Carter (hamstring) Virgil Green (calf) Steven Johnson (ankle) not playing

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Mark Haas @markhaastv · 29m

Field has been cleared. Lines being re-painted. #BroncosvsPatriots #NFL

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 3m

They're re-painting the yard lines and hashmarks at Gillette after scraping snow off the FieldTurf .... snow has stopped.

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 11m

#Broncos G Ben Garland and T Michael Schofield didn't get memo about weather, they're working out on field in shorts..

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 2h

And no, it doesn't appear a tarp was on the field in Gillette Stadium.

DenBronx
11-02-2014, 02:40 PM
I think NE is purposely trying to make the field icy to favor them.

Northman
11-02-2014, 02:41 PM

I would.

wayninja
11-02-2014, 02:45 PM

I'm not convinced that really 'favors' them. Unless they are just betting their running game vs our defense is better than vice-versa. That's... risky.

Joel
11-02-2014, 02:52 PM
The Broncos are tied for second in LEAST number of turnovers.
After being right in the middle the last two years: We seem to FINALLY have our heads straight this year, especially the last couple games; it's good to see, and very encouraging.

This is the biggest test of that so far though. I'm nervously optimistic; losing wouldn't be the end of the world, but playing a third straight complete game vs. a good team, this one on the road at arguably the WORST place for us and Manning... winning by ANY margin would exorcise a ton of demons.

Joel
11-02-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm not convinced that really 'favors' them. Unless they are just betting their running game vs our defense is better than vice-versa. That's... risky.
You have a talent for understatement: Top 5 run D vs. Bottom 10? Their offense averages slightly more per-game, but only because of more attempts: We're actually one spot ahead of them in yds/att, thanks to a big boost in our last 2 games as our running game started looking like it's on track. Protect the ball, and the difficulty of passing today HEAVILY favors us even before considering that both secondaries are great, but our pass rush and WR corps FAR better than theirs. Both hands on the ball and care on cuts, Ronnie, and let's see plenty of Juwan pounding their Swiss cheese front seven.

MileHighCrew
11-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Let's go Broncos huge WIN today!!!!!!

MOtorboat
11-02-2014, 03:15 PM
After being right in the middle the last two years: We seem to FINALLY have our heads straight this year, especially the last couple games; it's good to see, and very encouraging.

This is the biggest test of that so far though. I'm nervously optimistic; losing wouldn't be the end of the world, but playing a third straight complete game vs. a good team, this one on the road at arguably the WORST place for us and Manning... winning by ANY margin would exorcise a ton of demons.

Meh. With San Diego down big, this game doesn't mean too much, other than its another regular season game.

Slick
11-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Meh. With San Diego down big, this game doesn't mean too much, other than its another regular season game.

If we were playing the Jags I might agree. This is a huge game.

Northman
11-02-2014, 03:20 PM

Every game is huge.

MOtorboat
11-02-2014, 03:23 PM
If we were playing the Jags I might agree. This is a huge game.

Regular season game is regular season game.

Every game is huge.

Yeah. Every game is sort of huge, but it's the regular season. If Denver loses one it doesn't really mean squat. Denver lost at New England, but still had homefield last year.

A loss doesn't create a dire situation, therefore it's not that big of a deal losing a game.

Joel
11-02-2014, 03:24 PM
Except a win would mean a commanding lead over EVERYONE for homefield advantage (and NE would have to win @Indy next week to have a realistic shot at a bye,) but a loss would give NE the lead. The Bolts losing is big because a win today would give us a huge lead in the division, our obvious top priority, but if playing @NE challenges us at the start of November, the end of January would be worse.

Also, the worse SD does, the less beating them by 14 in Denver means. I still think SD's a very good team, even heavily injured, and KC pretty good, so those wins along with all the other top teams we beat say a lot about us, but the one knock there is they were all in Denver: This one's not, so another big win against another big team would mean so much more than the standings.

weazel
11-02-2014, 03:26 PM
I predict a Pats win...

MOtorboat
11-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Except a win would mean a commanding lead over EVERYONE for homefield advantage (and NE would have to win @Indy next week to have a realistic shot at a bye,) but a loss would give NE the lead. The Bolts losing is big because a win today would give us a huge lead in the division, our obvious top priority, but if playing @NE challenges us at the start of November, the end of January would be worse.

Also, the worse SD does, the less beating them by 14 in Denver means. I still think SD's a very good team, even heavily injured, and KC pretty good, so those wins along with all the other top teams we beat say a lot about us, but the one knock there is they were all in Denver: This one's not, so another big win against another big team would mean so much more than the standings.

You said the same junk last year.

Where was the AFC Championship played?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 56m

DB Omar Bolden back from concussion. DT Mitch Unrein WR Cody Latimer will dress

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 1h

Quinton Carter (hamstring) Virgil Green (calf) Steven Johnson (ankle) not playing

Northman
11-02-2014, 03:34 PM
I dont know if anyone caught it earlier but on the fantasy segment before RZ kicks off they showed a clip of Welker sitting on the bench mic'd up and talking with Peyton during the Chargers game. You can hear Wes asking Peyton how he thinks he is doing in fantasy on that night and Wes begins to say "Hey, i got you, me, and Sanders on my team. Do you think you can go back in and throw another TD?"

Then Peyton just puts his hands up to his ears and so "Oh my god..." or something to that effect.

It was effing hilarious.

Joel
11-02-2014, 03:35 PM
You said the same junk last year.

Where was the AFC Championship played?
Sure, we'd still have a great a shot at REGAINING the lead if we lost; with our schedule and theirs, I think we'd probably do it. But I didn't like having to hope they'd lose and then going right down to Week 17 knowing we HAD to win every game to even have a chance of avoiding another trip to NE. Win today, and we practically clinch homefield halfway through the season.

Plus it's the Pats in Foxborough, a historically hellish scenario for Manning, and for us, let alone both. Winning by ANY margin would be incredibly cathartic and send a message to the whole league.

DenBronx
11-02-2014, 03:39 PM
I don't get why some are down playing how important this game is.

1st seed through playoffs on the line.
Mannings record vs Brady
Broncos record vs Patriots
Bragging rights
Get a feel of what kind of team they are pre playoffs...we will meet them again.
Weeks and weeks of media talking about these two teams and who's better. I want to turn on First Take in the morning and watch Bayless skirm.
All of America will be watching.
We get to silence facebook idiots with a win.
Oh yeah....did I mention bragging rights?

Plus I bet $50 and a GT change on XBOX. So yeah we better win big!

BroncoWave
11-02-2014, 03:45 PM

1st seed through playoffs on the line. -Still a lot of football to be played, Pats have way tougher remaining schedule.
Mannings record vs Brady -Irrelevant
Broncos record vs Patriots -Irrelevant
Bragging rights -Irrelevant
Get a feel of what kind of team they are pre playoffs...we will meet them again. -We can get a feel for that win or lose. The loss clearly didn't hurt us last year.
Weeks and weeks of media talking about these two teams and who's better. I want to turn on First Take in the morning and watch Bayless skirm. -As irrelevant as possible
All of America will be watching. -Irrelevant
We get to silence facebook idiots with a win. -Irrelevant
Oh yeah....did I mention bragging rights? -Did I mention irrelevant? :D

Plus I bet $50 and a GT change on XBOX. So yeah we better win big!

My replies in orange. Not to say this isn't an important game, but it's really not that big of a deal if we lose. Could not care less what this does for the "national opinion" of us. If anything, it's better for the media not to be all up our assess saying how great we are.

MOtorboat
11-02-2014, 03:47 PM

1st seed through playoffs on the line.

Of the 9 things you listed, this is the only that matters. And there's 8 more games for Denver and 7 more for New England, so it's very unlikely it decides this one aspect anyway.

Nomad
11-02-2014, 03:48 PM
I predict a Pats win...

#throwsatomatoatyou:lol:

SR
11-02-2014, 03:49 PM
I dont know if anyone caught it earlier but on the fantasy segment before RZ kicks off they showed a clip of Welker sitting on the bench mic'd up and talking with Peyton during the Chargers game. You can hear Wes asking Peyton how he thinks he is doing in fantasy on that night and Wes begins to say "Hey, i got you, me, and Sanders on my team. Do you think you can go back in and throw another TD?" Then Peyton just puts his hands up to his ears and so "Oh my god..." or something to that effect. It was effing hilarious.

Peyton was talking about that after practice too one day during the week. Hilarious

Nomad
Manning can't let Brady beat him in, perhaps, his last game at Gillette.

Northman
Its alright, i would love to win but im not expecting it. We blew a 24-0 lead last year and should of won that game. It will suck to lose because i really want to beat the Pats but just have a feeling today. Hopefully im completely wrong.

Nomad
11-02-2014, 03:51 PM
Its alright, i would love to win but im not expecting it. We blew a 24-0 lead last year and should of won that game. It will suck to lose because i really want to beat the Pats but just have a feeling today. Hopefully im completely wrong.

Positive, North, positive vibes for the BRONCOS. They'll get the W.

wayninja
11-02-2014, 03:55 PM
All games are important. This is more important than most though. This has tiebreaker ramifications and is a test of the Broncos against a hot team.

It's important. Not sure how else to look at it.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-02-2014, 03:57 PM
I dont know if anyone caught it earlier but on the fantasy segment before RZ kicks off they showed a clip of Welker sitting on the bench mic'd up and talking with Peyton during the Chargers game. You can hear Wes asking Peyton how he thinks he is doing in fantasy on that night and Wes begins to say "Hey, i got you, me, and Sanders on my team. Do you think you can go back in and throw another TD?"

Then Peyton just puts his hands up to his ears and so "Oh my god..." or something to that effect.

It was effing hilarious.

Yeah, they had that during the Sound FX last week after Terrell Davis' Football Life, hilarious.

Peyton was saying Wes is always bugging him about that stuff when he's mic'd up

Jaws
11-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Not babysitting at 7 a.m tomorrow morning which means I can stay up late and watch a game live for the first time this season. Woot. Make it a good one Denver!
GO BRONCOS!

BroncoWave
11-02-2014, 04:02 PM
All games are important. This is more important than most though. This has tiebreaker ramifications and is a test of the Broncos against a hot team.

It's important. Not sure how else to look at it.

I don't think anyone is saying it's unimportant, just that it won't be the end of the world if we lose. They beat us last year and it was completely irrelevant in the long run.

wayninja
11-02-2014, 04:04 PM
I don't think anyone is saying it's unimportant, just that it won't be the end of the world if we lose. They beat us last year and it was completely irrelevant in the long run.

Fair enough, but I also don't recall anyone saying it's the end of the world if we lose...

Also, last year was last year.

Nomad
11-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Fair enough, but I also don't recall anyone saying it's the end of the world if we lose...

Also, last year was last year.

I am throwing away all the razors in the house....just in case.:lol:

AgentOrange
11-02-2014, 04:12 PM
Make sure the remote is on a tether, too. :laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2014, 04:12 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 17s

The sun is hitting the upper deck.

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 49m

#Broncos K McManus made 43, 45, 48, 48 yds to open end of stadium w/ snap and hold, missed 48 yds wide right...bit of a wind...worse earlier

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 1h

Watched Brandon McManus kick into open end of stadium in warm-ups - was 10-of-10 fm variety of dist. until first miss at 47 yds from rt hash

BroncoWave
11-02-2014, 04:13 PM

Someone should throw away all the razors in Joel's house too in case we win. :D

Nomad
11-02-2014, 04:14 PM
Make sure the remote is on a tether, too. :laugh:

I've earthquake proofed the tv's, so I can't just pick them up and throw them outside.:D

DenBronx
11-02-2014, 04:14 PM
Can someone please PM this Cali dude a link? Freakin stupid raiders and niner games going on in my area.

tripp
11-02-2014, 04:15 PM
Can't believe Rivers had one of the worst games in his career today haha. With that being said... Dolphins D-Line is no joke. I think they're right up there with us when it comes to rushing the passer.

Nomad
11-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Can't believe Rivers had one of the worst games in his career today haha. With that being said... Dolphins D-Line is no joke. I think they're right up there with us when it comes to rushing the passer.

I have the Dolphins as a potential upsetter of the BRONCOS. Yeah, I know the game is in Denver.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 17m

There's some snow piled up in the corners and a bit of snow on the seats, but that is all that remains from the morning snowstorm.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 30m

Gloves on both hands in warmups for Peyton Manning. In previous games this season, he wore a glove on only his throwing hand.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 38m

Not as bad as last year, but trickier. It swirls and can come from all directions. RT @Manny_Fresh18: how windy is it….really bad?

tripp
11-02-2014, 04:18 PM
I have the Dolphins as a potential upsetter of the BRONCOS. Yeah, I know the game is in Denver.

Dolphins for some reason.. are good at home. Beat the Patriots first game of the season, and beat them last year towards the end of the season. The tuna's defense showed up to play today.

tripp
11-02-2014, 04:20 PM

Yeah but we don't want to rely on anyone to get us home field advantage. Patriots remaining schedule is tough though.

Nomad
11-02-2014, 04:20 PM
Dolphins for some reason.. are good at home. Beat the Patriots first game of the season, and beat them last year towards the end of the season. The tuna's defense showed up to play today.

I believe it was Tebow or Orton as the only BRONCO QBs to win against the Dolphins in Miami.

SR
11-02-2014, 04:22 PM
I believe it was Tebow or Orton as the only BRONCO QBs to win against the Dolphins in Miami.

Tebow

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 19s

Today's winds are at 19 MPH. Last year they were at 22.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 7m

The developing playoff logjam in the AFC makes a win today crucial. The Broncos need separation from the mess of teams at 5-3 or better.

ShaneFalco
11-02-2014, 04:23 PM
Phil sims again? ****

tripp

Wasn't that Tebow's debut game as starter for the season too?

tripp
Looks like Pats won the toss?

wayninja
11-02-2014, 04:24 PM

I think that was the first game Tebow started afte replacing Orton. We were down 15 to 0 with 5:23 left to play and ended up winning in overtime.

Helluva game.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2014, 04:25 PM
:salute: GO BRONCOS :salute:

tripp
I think that was the first game Tebow started afte replacing Orton. We were down 15 to 0 with 5:23 left to play and ended up winning in overtime.

Helluva game.

Classic Tebow game.

SR
Phil sims again? ****

You're probably one of those people that inches up at a red light while the opposite direction of flow still has a green aren't you

MOtorboat
11-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Classic Tebow game.

55 minutes of pure shit and 5 minutes of OK.

wayninja
11-02-2014, 04:27 PM
starting off with 2 run plays... don't really like that.

tripp
11-02-2014, 04:27 PM
3rd down trying to establish the run game early..

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Not the greatest start so far. Loud crowd, gotta quiet em down.

tripp
Meh opening drive...

ShaneFalco
Peyton should tell the crowd to be quiet

wayninja
Inauspicious start

I Eat Staples
11-02-2014, 04:29 PM
If this is our gameplan we'll lose for sure, Re: Seattle.

FanInAZ
Not a good opening drive :(

Denver Native (Carol)
Go :defense::defense::defense:

Az Snake
C'mon Broncos' D !!!

Sent from az using Forum Runner

AgentOrange
Come on D!

tripp
11-02-2014, 04:30 PM
That drive was just feeling the Pats out.. aggressive on the Run D by the Pats.

tripp
Good tackle by Irving, stopped him from getting the 1st down.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
Stop em boys. Big 3rd down

wayninja
11-02-2014, 04:31 PM
Let the rampant holding begin!

Edmonton Bronco Fan
Need to get some pressure on Brady. Pats line doing a good job pass blocking so far.

aberdien
If this is our gameplan we'll lose for sure, Re: Seattle.
It's been 5 minutes.

SR
I bet Phil Simms is hard as a rock right now

AgentOrange
11-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Heheh....pass rush giving Tom happy feet!

AgentOrange
In-com-plete!

SR
Lucky there. Roby got torched

Bronco4ever
Brady threw such a perfect pass that he over threw him.

tripp
God damn that was close. Lafell is a fast dude.. that would've been clinical.

Buff
There is the patented Tom Brady deep overthrow. Right on time.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Roby may get picked on again today.

sneakers
go broncos

SR
Man alive that was sketchy

wayninja
I bet Phil Simms is hard as a rock right now

I for one, have no desire to know where Nantz's hands are.

I Eat Staples
Okay start by our defense, LaFell beat Roby and Brady missed a touchdown throw.

Maybe our offense will stop taking a knee on 1st and 2nd down and actually throw the ball (try to score).

SR
I for one, have no desire to know where Nantz's hands are.

Shielding his eyes probably

tripp
11-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Raiders are winning :lol:

MOtorboat
11-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Roby may get picked on again today.

Like to see the coaching staff move the cornerbacks around to throw Brady off.

Of course, if he is going to throw it too good for his receivers to catch today, we shouldn't have problems.

I Eat Staples
11-02-2014, 04:35 PM
It's been 5 minutes.

Yes, that's why I said IF. If our gameplan is to run the ball on 1st and 2nd down and play some kind of field position game, we'll lose. If we open up our offense and do what we do best, we'll win.

I Eat Staples
Still taking a knee on 1st down. What a gameplan.

SR
Like to see the coaching staff move the cornerbacks around to throw Brady off. Of course, if he is going to throw it too good for his receivers to catch today, we shouldn't have problems.

As long as Gronk is covered well I'm ok with whatever the CB coverage is. I think Talib will see a lot of Gronk.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-02-2014, 04:36 PM
Very conservative playcalling so far.

AgentOrange
Wow, our O is sucking. Come on!!

wayninja
This is pathetic. Are we going to attempt a pass that goes beyond the line of scrimmage?

weazel
those negative yard runs are exciting!

MOtorboat
11-02-2014, 04:37 PM
As long as Gronk is covered well I'm ok with whatever the CB coverage is. I think Talib will see a lot of Gronk.

I think that's where he was on the first drive.

I Eat Staples
Why do running backs think catching -3 yard passes on the ground or in coverage is a good idea? Happens numerous times every week and I never understand it. Just knock it down, 0 yards is better than -3.

SR
I think that's where he was on the first drive.

Me too

wayninja
How is that not PI? The defender wasn't even looking?

weazel
This is pathetic. Are we going to attempt a pass that goes beyond the line of scrimmage?

maybe our QB has a hard time throwing in the wind and hates the cold... I dont think anyone has ever mentioned that

SR
Why do running backs think catching -3 yard passes on the ground or in coverage is a good idea? Happens numerous times every week and I never understand it. Just knock it down, 0 yards is better than -3.

No it doesn't

Edmonton Bronco Fan
Nantz and Simms already begging to be muted.

AgentOrange
11-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Aaaand we're off with the kick penalties

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-02-2014, 04:39 PM

Refs aren't gonna call anything on the Pats. Always playing against two teams in Foxborough.

BroncoWave
No it doesn't

I definitely see it happen every week. Not necessarily always by Denver, but that happens pretty commonly.

Az Snake
C'mon Broncos' D !!!

smith49
11-02-2014, 04:40 PM

It was, but we're plying in NE.

Joel
Pretty ugly so far; which one of these teams has a top defense again? Too much backfield penetration on the runs, but Hillman not wowwing me to this point.

Northman
Do i need to start one of my "when are we going to score" threads? lol

Dzone
Put juwan thompson in and pound it.

I Eat Staples
No it doesn't

I'm not talking about the Broncos, I'm talking about all around the league. Every week there are completed passes into coverage behind the line of scrimmage where the receiver/running back would be better not catching it.

SR
I'm not talking about the Broncos, I'm talking about all around the league. Every week there are completed passes into coverage behind the line of scrimmage where the receiver/running back would be better not catching it.

Gotcha

AgentOrange
11-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Good stop D!

sneakers
11-02-2014, 04:42 PM
good job by the defense so far

wayninja
Costly penalty on the kickoff...

Denver Native (Carol)
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 8s

Great work from the CBs on that series. Talib shoots through for the first-down run stop; Harris takes down Edelman on 3rd down.

Joel
11-02-2014, 04:43 PM
put juwan thompson in and pound it.
^that^

Bronco4ever
Our offense needs to step it up on this drive.

Nomad
Lead a drive to the end zone, Manning!

I Eat Staples
Good defense, that field goal was a gift from the penalty. If we actually decide we want to play offense then the Patriots can have all the FGs they want.

FanInAZ
11-02-2014, 04:44 PM
I'm ready to see Manning throw on 1st down. :nod:

weazel
Raiders just got a BS PI call

Edmonton Bronco Fan
Defense has come to play. Hopefully the offense follows suit here in short order.

smith49
11-02-2014, 04:45 PM
Good defense, that field goal was a gift from the penalty. If we actually decide we want to play offense then the Patriots can have all the FGs they want.

Doesn't seem like that's very likely at this time. The O playing and all.

tripp
11-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Oh settle down, the O will find their rhythm.

AgentOrange
Yay! A pass o n 1st down and 7 yrds!

I Eat Staples
So when we throw on 1st down it's a positive play? Gee, what a novel concept!

wayninja
11-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Sanders running across the field is money.

FanInAZ
That's just what the Dr. ordered! 1st down!

Nomad
Oline doing a good job so far!

Edmonton Bronco Fan
That's a start. Moving the ball now.

weazel
that was an ugly throw

I Eat Staples
Check downs and screens are so much better than handoffs. Our "running game" should just be short passes.

smith49
11-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Oh settle down, the O will find their rhythm.

That's why I said "at this time". Looks like they are going to ditch the run until the pass game is set up.

wayninja
They got Revis on Sanders. Respect right there.

Denver Native (Carol)
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 27s

Hillman hobbles a bit. Juwan Thompson now in.

I Eat Staples
Oh look, the first bad play of the drive. I wonder why...

AgentOrange
Hrm...even Thompson is getting stuffed

Edmonton Bronco Fan
Emmanuel's speed is so sexy.

I Eat Staples
Great catch DT!

SR
11-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Revis getting torched

Edmonton Bronco Fan
BEY BEY yeeeaaaahh

Nomad
Nice hands, DT!

Jaws
tsk wes!!!!

smith49
11-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Man, NE Dbacks sure seem to be getting to our WR's early.

ShaneFalco
one of the most blatent pis i have seen in a while.

aberdien
Finally a PI!

weazel
lol why did it take so long to get a flag on that? he was draped on him

SR
Ronnie Hillman gives me the same feeling Trindon Holliday did

AgentOrange
Oh wow, Patsies got a PI!

Edmonton Bronco Fan
They actually made that call in NE? Well I'll be damned. Good call.

Nomad
Too much contact my man, even though you played the ball

BroncoWave
Awesome drive. Wind clearly not a factor in the passing game.

Jaws
Woot. Hillman!

Az Snake
11-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Ronnie !!!

Northman
We seriously held on that play but ill take it. lol

Bronco4ever
Touchdooooown!

aberdien
Woohoo!

Denver Native (Carol)
:salute: TOUCHDOWN BRONCOS :salute:

:salute: RONNIE HILLMAN :salute:

FanInAZ
Touchdown!

sneakers
woohoooooo!

AgentOrange
Man, oh man, do I LOVE hearing that crowd boo!

Suck it Foxboro

smith49
Haha big hold by Wes there, but I'll take a no call.

Slick
11-02-2014, 04:53 PM
Great drive!

sneakers
nice drive!

I Eat Staples
There we go!

On this scoring drive: 7 passes for 67 yards (plus a PI penalty), 2 rushes for 1 yard

Just keep throwing, we don't need to run.

SR
Good blocking by Julius on that TD run

Edmonton Bronco Fan
Good looking offensive drive there. Nice variety in the playcalling as well.

Northman
11-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Haha big hold by Wes there, but I'll take a no call.

Yea, im really shocked it wasnt called. Pretty blatant.

Joel
Wow, Orange Julius got away with an illegal block in the back on that TD, but it looks like our run's set up the pass if we can manage the winds and secondary. Hillman looking BAD so far, almost handing NE a red zone pick; maybe Thompson wouldn't do better, but if it IS broke, DO fix it.

Nomad
Great drive!

I always have to double take your avi:lol:

SR
Wow, Orange Julius got away with an illegal block in the back on that drive, but it looks like our run's set up the pass if we can manage the winds and secondary. Hillman looking BAD so far, almost handing NE a red zone pick; maybe Thompson wouldn't do better, but if it IS broke, DO fix it.

Jesus, Joel...

Nomad
I didn't see no hold!!;)

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 1m

Manning took what was there on that series. Pats conceded underneth routes, and Manning made NE pay for Revis' soft coverage on Sanders.

MOtorboat
Jesus, Joel...

Haha, lol.

Touchdown. Suck it, Joel.

Dzone
Defense is going to dominate and shut brady down damit

I Eat Staples
11-02-2014, 04:57 PM
I don't think we needed our 5 runs for 6 yards to set up the pass, I think Peyton and our receivers are just the best passing attack to ever play the game.

New England does us a favor every time they defend the run, so let's not return the favor by running the ball. I don't care about wind, we win with Peyton's arm.