PDA

View Full Version : Patriots to Honor 3-time Super Bowl Champions

CrazyHorse
10-28-2014, 09:19 PM
BOSTON (CBS) — While Sunday night’s Patriots-Broncos game will be the latest chapter in the historic Tom Brady-Peyton Manning rivalry, it will also feature a very special reunion at halftime

There will be plenty of bling on the field at Gillette Stadium, as the Patriots will honor 18 of the 22 players who earned three Super Bowl rings with the franchise during their run of success during the early 2000s.

New England won their first Super Bowl in 2001, upsetting the heavily-favored St. Louis Rams, and went on to win back-to-back titles in 2003 and 2004, becoming just the second team in the Super Bowl era to win three championships in four years.http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/10/28/patriots-to-honor-3x-super-bowl-champions-at-halftime-vs-broncos/

Let's hope this serves as a distraction allowing the Broncos to pull out a victory.

Joel
10-29-2014, 01:18 AM
Will there be a film tribute...? :whistle:

tripp
10-29-2014, 12:52 PM
This does nothing but add fuel to the fire for Peyton, like you needed to do that already.

FanInAZ
10-29-2014, 03:37 PM
That was more clever then the one I was about to post: "Will the cameraman be honored as well?"

aberdien
10-29-2014, 03:52 PM
I hope they honor their undefeated season too.

Joel
10-29-2014, 05:16 PM
I hope they honor their undefeated season too.
The Bears TWICE went undefeated UNTIL THE CHAMPIONSHIP, but rarely speak of it. It's a tribute to history and bulletin boards, really: The 'Skins spoiled the second one two years after Chicago beat them 73-0 in the NFL Championship (still the highest score in any NFL game) which itself was just 3 weeks after the 'Skins beat the Bears 7-3, prompting Marshall to tell the press the Bears were crybabies and quitters; Halas showed his players those press clippings before the championshp, and the rest is NFL history—kinda like Spygate championships. ;)