PDA

View Full Version : Champ Bailey, former Broncos cornerback, to retire from NFL

Denver Native (Carol)
10-28-2014, 07:57 PM
In recent months, Champ Bailey has lived the life not atypical of many retired Americans.

He hangs out with his wife and 4-year-old son in Orange County, Calif. Why there when he grew up and played his college ball in Georgia and spent most of his NFL playing career in Denver? Because his wife is from Orange County, of course.

"Look, I play fantasy football now," Bailey said Tuesday. "I picked up Ronnie Hillman for my fantasy team. I saw Montee Ball go down and I said, 'Ronnie has to step up.' I texted somebody on the team, 'Tell, Ronnie to take advantage.' He's taken off."

Once a Bronco, always a Bronco.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26815279/champ-bailey-former-broncos-cornerback-retire-from-nfl

ShaneFalco
10-28-2014, 09:52 PM
wish we could bring him back as a extra db coach or something, so he has a chance to win a ring then.

Davii
10-28-2014, 10:35 PM
Elway, find a way to involve Champ. DB advisor, something.

Thanks for all the years Champ, you've always been a true pro, an amazing athlete, and one hell of a role model. I'll definitely miss watching you play!

Dapper Dan
10-28-2014, 11:06 PM
He could be a PR guy or something. They'll be trying to stick a mic in Manning's face. No means no! He'd be a total shutdown PR guy.

Joel
10-29-2014, 12:27 AM
wish we could bring him back as a extra db coach or something, so he has a chance to win a ring then.
This is a good idea on a lot of levels: I don't think it just coincidence Chris Harris' coverage, tackling and run-stuffing is so reminiscent of Champs. Having him to tutor Roby and Webster could give us a VERY good secondary for years to come, not to mention what it would mean when we can't afford all three of them and must draft another talented rookie to replace one (or more.)

Darrell Green-->Champ Bailey-->Chris Harris Jr-->???

Apollo
10-29-2014, 05:52 AM
Devastated that one of the best DB's to ever play didn't manage to win a ring with us. He gave us so many good memories and was a big part of our franchise for a good few years. He strikes me as the kind of guy who'd make a great coach and I hope someone within the organisation brings him on board.

Tned
10-29-2014, 07:59 AM
Devastated that one of the best DB's to ever play didn't manage to win a ring with us. He gave us so many good memories and was a big part of our franchise for a good few years. He strikes me as the kind of guy who'd make a great coach and I hope someone within the organisation brings him on board.

Yea, in many ways, the last two years were wasted. First, that bad Baltimore loss, where the Broncos were probably the best game in the NFL, and then last year, when they ran into Seattle, which was just one of those teams of destiny that has everything going there way. Shame they didn't cash in for Bailey and the other vets.

Dapper Dan
10-29-2014, 12:38 PM

Well, since 1999 no one has won a ring I the us.