PDA

View Full Version : Broncos have a date with plenty of history

Denver Native (Carol)
10-28-2014, 09:58 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- It's not an issue, a point of controversy or even bulletin board material even if there had been an actual bulletin board in the locker room at any point over the past decade.

But it is a riddle of sorts, an unanswered question, the Denver Broncos say they feel like they're asking almost annually.

That if the NFL schedule is indeed based on predictable rotations, with pre-ordained slots, that offer a different collection of non-divisional opponents each season to go with a team that finished in the same place in their division as you finished in yours, how, then, do the Broncos keep facing the New England Patriots in Gillette Stadium.

"That's what I'm asking y'all," said Broncos cornerback Chris Harris Jr. with a laugh. "Y'all supposed to tell me that."

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning has pointed it out, just before each of the previous two trips "it's always random they say, but it's been strange how that works out."

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/146904/broncos-have-a-date-with-plenty-of-history

Dzone
10-28-2014, 10:58 AM
Lol

asked monday if he's every inquired about the scheduling quirk, broncos head coach john fox said: "i actually did ask that question and i was reassured that it'll flip in the future. So, when exactly that is, i'm not sure."

Krugan
10-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Ill never ever ever read responses to articles again(on other sites).

My brain hurts from trying to understand common asshat speak....

Denver Native (Carol)
10-29-2014, 03:11 PM
Denver plays at New England every season. So goes the grousing in the Mile High City as the Broncos prepare for their third consecutive regular-season road game in Foxborough on Sunday.

The stretch represents a quirk in the scheduling format that will even out over time if both teams mirror performances, an NFL official said. Take solace Broncos fans, if the Broncos and Patriots finish in the same spot in their divisions New England will travel to Denver in 2015, 2016 and 2017.

The format seems tilted to New England because of its fortunate timing. The scheduling formula established with realignment in 2002 created these rotations.

rest - explaining more
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26822984/broncos-new-england-again-because-timing-schedule-rotation

Joel
10-29-2014, 05:40 PM
At this point I'm more concerned we'll ease up if we beat NE, and someone we should crush will catch us napping. If ANYONE in Denver were unclear what an AFCCG rematch means Brady's NEVER won a road playoff game against Denver or Manning and neither have won one against him, that 50 pt beatdown they put on Chicago last week and this weeks halftime tribute to Spygate are ample reminders.

VonDoom
10-29-2014, 06:00 PM
Denver plays at New England every season. So goes the grousing in the Mile High City as the Broncos prepare for their third consecutive regular-season road game in Foxborough on Sunday.

The stretch represents a quirk in the scheduling format that will even out over time if both teams mirror performances, an NFL official said. Take solace Broncos fans, if the Broncos and Patriots finish in the same spot in their divisions New England will travel to Denver in 2015, 2016 and 2017.

The format seems tilted to New England because of its fortunate timing. The scheduling formula established with realignment in 2002 created these rotations.

rest - explaining more
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26822984/broncos-new-england-again-because-timing-schedule-rotation

I've posted this numerous times on here. People will still complain.