PDA

View Full Version : Brady: Rivalry with Manning 'special'

Denver Native (Carol)
10-27-2014, 10:37 AM
With Sunday's high-profile matchup between the future Hall of Famers Tom Brady and Peyton Manning on tap, the 37-year-old New England Patriots quarterback acknowledged Monday that as he has aged, he's allowed himself to reflect on the rivalry with his 38-year-old Denver Broncos counterpart.

"Five, six years ago you don't think about those things," Brady said in a radio interview with WEEI in Boston. "But as you mature a little bit and realize this could always be the last one, then you do. It's pretty special.

"[Manning has] been one of the greatest players to ever play. I've been fortunate to share a field with one of the best players that has ever played the game. And every time we play a Peyton Manning-led team, it comes down to the wire. Everything is usually at stake."

rest - http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11772043/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-says-rivalry-peyton-manning-denver-broncos-special

Nomad
10-27-2014, 10:41 AM
I wonder if this will be a flex game, or is it too early for that? I noticed Raiders play in Seattle (this will be a CBS game), so we may be missing this game up here:ohwell:

Slick
10-27-2014, 10:53 AM
Classy thing for Brady to say.

BroncoJoe
10-27-2014, 10:56 AM

Do you ever start typing in Spanish?

PatriotsGuy
10-27-2014, 10:58 AM
I wonder if this will be a flex game, or is it too early for that? I noticed Raiders play in Seattle (this will be a CBS game), so we may be missing this game up here:ohwell:

It's too late to flex it.

Slick
10-27-2014, 11:00 AM
Do you ever start typing in Spanish?

No. I dream in Spanish a lot, and there are times where I forget an English word. I was talking with my sister on Skype the other night and I spoke Spanglish to her a couple of times.

Nomad
10-27-2014, 11:28 AM
It's too late to flex it.

I checked titantv, and we get the Chargers/Fins for the early game, and for now, the BRONCOS/Patriots.

Manning/Brady rivalry is a can't-miss type of game.

BTW......you'll be rooting for the Fins, in support for the BRONCOS, correct?

PatriotsGuy
10-27-2014, 12:39 PM
BTW......you'll be rooting for the Fins, in support for the BRONCOS, correct?

Hmmmm, that seems like an unwise thing to do :D

tripp
10-27-2014, 04:36 PM
Brady is one of my favourite QB's to watch and play the game, very classy guy. Unfortunately on Sunday, I hope this happens again... how did he not fumble?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58PrkjRQIdo

SoCalImport
10-27-2014, 08:25 PM
yeah. as bad ass as the sack was I 've always been more amazed by Brady not even coming close to fumbling. Probably because he knew it was coming a split second before the hit...but still...

Valar Morghulis
10-28-2014, 08:30 AM

All joking aside - he is a classy dude.

But i remember when Brady bust his knee and was out for the year - PFM phoned him to wish him well, i think there is a genuine mutual respect/friendship between them

PatriotsGuy
10-28-2014, 08:52 AM
All joking aside - he is a classy dude.

But i remember when Brady bust his knee and was out for the year - PFM phoned him to wish him well, i think there is a genuine mutual respect/friendship between them

They text each other occassionally, Brady texted him after he broke the TD record.