PDA

View Full Version : Emmanuel Sanders nearly signed with Patriots

Denver Native (Carol)
10-24-2014, 08:02 PM
It didn't take long for Emmanuel Sanders to learn that he landed in "wide receiver heaven" with Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos.

A bit of a tease in Pittsburgh for four years, Sanders has cleared the century mark four times in his last six games and is coming off a career-best performance in Thursday's win over the Chargers.

Just as the Lions have been lifted by the acquisition of Golden Tate, the Broncos have hit the jackpot with Sanders.

If Sanders hadn't switched agents prior to the 2014 free agency period, though, he might have ended up on a different AFC contender.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000416649/article/emmanuel-sanders-nearly-signed-with-patriots

Davii
10-24-2014, 08:03 PM
Glad he didn't wind up with the Hoodie

Ravage!!!
10-24-2014, 09:00 PM
I thought we signed him right before he signed with Chiefs?

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-24-2014, 09:16 PM
Eeeeeeeew. Makes me feel dirty just reading that.

Joel
10-25-2014, 09:19 AM
Meh; Logan Mankins DID sign with them, and look how that went. For that matter, Welker and Randy Moss signed with them and STILL didn't win a SB; I think Sanders is better off, and knows it.

Playing in Foxborough always sucks for us, and always sucks for Manning (last years game was the only time all season he played like CRAP) but I feel good about this one. Maybe not as good as when the Chefs pounded the snot out of NE on national TV, but good; Brady's line has grown, but is still starting a pair of rookies, Mankins is gone, Ridley and Mayo are done, Chandler Jones is out for a month, and their WRs are still a bunch of scrubs. And we get 10 days to prepare for them, while they're busy playing someone else.

Not only should we win this game, we could blow out Brady and Belicheat in their own house; how sweet would THAT be, for both the Broncos in general and Manning in particular?

Nomad
10-25-2014, 09:55 AM
Can't look back, he's a BRONCO.:salute:

CrazyHorse
10-26-2014, 08:19 PM
They don't need him. They have Brandon LaFell and Danny Amendola.

Runamok
10-26-2014, 08:31 PM
Glad he didn't wind up with the Hoodie

Anyone even remember Decker? What an upgrade.

PatriotsGuy
10-26-2014, 08:57 PM
Meh; Logan Mankins DID sign with them, and look how that went. For that matter, Welker and Randy Moss signed with them and STILL didn't win a SB; I think Sanders is better off, and knows it.

Playing in Foxborough always sucks for us, and always sucks for Manning (last years game was the only time all season he played like CRAP) but I feel good about this one. Maybe not as good as when the Chefs pounded the snot out of NE on national TV, but good; Brady's line has grown, but is still starting a pair of rookies, Mankins is gone, Ridley and Mayo are done, Chandler Jones is out for a month, and their WRs are still a bunch of scrubs. And we get 10 days to prepare for them, while they're busy playing someone else.

Not only should we win this game, we could blow out Brady and Belicheat in their own house; how sweet would THAT be, for both the Broncos in general and Manning in particular?

Doomed

Joel
10-26-2014, 09:05 PM
Doomed
We'll see. Before declaring who's "doomed," you should compare our schedule after next weeks game to ya'lls. I'd elaborate on that, but that would defeat the purpose of not elaborating on that.

PatriotsGuy
10-26-2014, 09:09 PM
We'll see. Before declaring who's "doomed," you should compare our schedule after next weeks game to ya'lls. I'd elaborate on that, but that would defeat the purpose of not elaborating on that.

New Englands is really tough, I don't know about Denvers. I am not in the prediction business. I will be curious what Vegas sets the spread at.

Joel
10-26-2014, 09:49 PM
New Englands is really tough, I don't know about Denvers. I am not in the prediction business. I will be curious what Vegas sets the spread at.
It's relatively easy, especially compared to starting the season vs. Arizona and half a dozen teams fresh off playoff appearances. Counting Arizona, we have 10 games against playoff teams this year, but after Foxborough 7 will be behind us, and the worst we can do in those is 5-2. After that we've got @SD, @KC (always tough) and @Cincy, but the rest are the Raiders round robin, St. Louis, Miami and Buffalo. 5 of the last 8 (including the next 3, and all the tough ones) are on the road, but playing ya'll ends the really brutal part of our schedule, where every game but one was against a playoff team.

It's hard to see how we win <12 games, and 14+ seems more likely. A lot depends on injuries, both in terms of us staying healthy and how many SD starters return for that game, but we're not the only ones who must worry about that, because ya'll go there a week before us. And their last 5 games are freakin' nightmarish (@Baltimore, us, ya'll, @SF and @KC) so I feel pretty good about winning the division, but really want to win next week to take a big lead in playoff seeding (I still don't buy Baltimore, so beating ya'll would put us multiple games up on all division winners in my mind.) *touches all wood in sight*

MOtorboat
10-26-2014, 10:03 PM
So the Denver Schedules and the Boston Schedules play next week.

Do the Denver Broncos and the New England Patriots?

Joel
10-26-2014, 10:07 PM
So the Denver Schedules and the Boston Schedules play next week.
No.

Do the Denver Broncos and the New England Patriots?
Yes.

MOtorboat
10-26-2014, 10:10 PM
No.

Yes.

Thanks. I couldn't tell from the other posts in this thread.