PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Notes - 10-24-14

Denver Native (Carol)
10-24-2014, 02:06 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 1h

Fox: "Our DL ... has taken to some of the things our coaches are teaching and executing under pressure." Good month for DL, he said.

Fox: "I've been impressed with Brandon Marshall ... He just keeps getting better."

Fox said he's already moved on to the Patriots. Players have weekend off, but some players have already started looking at Pats video.

... and then later, Moore told him, "That's why you drafted me!" Fox went to greet Moore after his INT. All good natured b/ coach & player.

Fox, on exchange w/ Moore, said earlier in the game, he'd told Rahim Moore he played a deep ball "not exactly how I'd schooled it" ...

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 2h

Fox: no new updates on injuries. Lamin Barrow is in the post-concussion protocol.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 2h

RFA in 2015. RT @mark_mac18: Add Marshall to free agents they'll want to keep. They're going to lose a lot of quality this offseason.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-24-2014, 02:10 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 3h

Top-rated @Broncos v. SD, per @PFF: Hillman (+4.2), Talib (+3.3), Vasquez (+3.1), Marshall (+3.1), Wolfe (+2.9), Miller (+2.8), Moore (+2.6)

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 3h 3 hours ago

Running back workload breakdown: Ronnie Hillman 52 plays, Juwan Thompson 12 plays, C.J. Anderson 2 plays.

Nate Irving played 81% of the defensive snaps as he returned to the nickel LB role. Bradley Roby played all but 7 snaps (89%)

Brandon Marshall, Rahim Moore, Chris Harris Jr. and T.J. Ward played every defensive snap last night..

Denver Native (Carol)
10-24-2014, 03:04 PM
Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 1h

Ronnie Hillman alert...#Broncos have five games over the remainder of their schedule against teams with run defense ranked 24th or worse.

Jeff Legwold retweeted
Von Miller @Millerlite40 · 1h

I want to give away another @MyProMerch shirt to support @KomenColorado. Send me your best Broncos fan photo, and I'll choose a winner!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-24-2014, 03:06 PM
Lindsay Jones @bylindsayhjones · 56m

Crazy stat: Because of Thursday game this week, and bye in Week 10, #Chargers will play only 1 game in next 23 days.

Joel
10-24-2014, 04:00 PM
Lindsay Jones @bylindsayhjones · 56m

Crazy stat: Because of Thursday game this week, and bye in Week 10, #Chargers will play only 1 game in next 23 days.
Yeah, saw that after the SF game; supposedly it's the longest any NFL team has ever gone between games in the same season. I'm sure they can use the time to get healthy (and get over 2 heartbreaking losses in 4 days,) but how rusty will they be after nearly a month off from anything but practice? I mean, are they doing ANYTHING next week, or just all sitting on the couch watching Oprah? :tongue:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 5h

The average rank of the defenses the Broncos have faced this year is 8.3. The average total defense rank of their upcoming opponents is 16.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2014, 07:09 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 4h

Kurt Warner on NFL Network: - “Ronnie Hillman to me has made a huge difference for this football team. He’s given them a little spark."

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 4h

Steve Mariucci on Denver D: “This defense is off charts. They’re so much better than they were. They will win Super Bowl because of great D

Joel
10-26-2014, 08:51 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 5h

The average rank of the defenses the Broncos have faced this year is 8.3. The average total defense rank of their upcoming opponents is 16.
Conversely, we're currrently the #1 rushing D, #3 total D and #6 scoring D (we're #17 vs. the pass, but that happens when we won't LET teams run, then force them to play catchup after halftime: We're #2 in yards allowed per passing attempt.) Hopefully our recent running success convinces us to go at NEs soft #24 run D at least as much as their #2 pass D: They sidelined Forte with a 37-7 halftime lead today but he STILL had 114 yds rushing, averaging 6 yds a pop.

SR
10-26-2014, 08:56 PM
we're #17 vs. the pass, but that happens when we won't LET teams run, then force them to play catchup after halftime

No shit.

Joel
10-26-2014, 09:02 PM
No shit.
I'm just saying, people shouldn't look at our slightly below average pass ranking and panic, because we're #2 in yds/att: We just force opponents to make a LOT of attempts, so they add up in the end.

SR
10-26-2014, 09:06 PM
I'm just saying, people shouldn't look at our slightly below average pass ranking and panic, because we're #2 in yds/att: We just force opponents to make a LOT of attempts, so they add up in the end.

Is this a new concept to you? Jesus Christ. It's been this way for the last three seasons.

Joel
10-26-2014, 09:32 PM
Is this a new concept to you? Jesus Christ. It's been this way for the last three seasons.
Not really; we were 17th in net yds/att last year, not 2nd, though that ranking was still much higher than our passing yds/gm.

Look, I made a positive post and it was only 2˝ sentences, so what exactly is your problem? The author?

SR
10-26-2014, 09:38 PM
Not really; we were 17th in net yds/att last year, not 2nd, though that ranking was still much higher than our passing yds/gm. Look, I made a positive post and it was only 2˝ sentences, so what exactly is your problem? The author?

If that's what you're saying, say it. Don't say 49182 other things and put the point in parentheses. Be succinct. Say what you need to say and be done.

WARHORSE
10-26-2014, 09:55 PM
Ronnie Hillman has EARNED the starting spot with his performances over the last few games.

I absolutely LOVE our Dline.

LOVE it.

The corners we have are uncontrollably sick.

But I dont for a second like our pass defense being ranked so low.

If Fox werent so darned conservative we could be so much more killer.

I want to slam the door in peoples faces and this defense is on its way.

Joel
10-26-2014, 10:02 PM
If that's what you're saying, say it. Don't say 49182 other things and put the point in parentheses. Be succinct. Say what you need to say and be done.
It wasn't the MAIN and certainly not ONLY thing I was saying: It's just ONE part of defense, and I covered ALL three main parts on a per-game basis (I also threw in pts/gm because it's a key stat.) I couldn't cite total and run D but skip pass D, because that'd be cherry-picking, but the nature of the games mitigates our mediocre pre-game pass ranking, as our #2 yds/att pass ranking shows. I'd have done the same with run D, but there's not a huge difference between being 5th in yds/att and 1st in yds/gm.

Joel
10-26-2014, 10:04 PM
Ronnie Hillman has EARNED the starting spot with his performances over the last few games.

I absolutely LOVE our Dline.

LOVE it.

The corners we have are uncontrollably sick.

But I dont for a second like our pass defense being ranked so low.

If Fox werent so darned conservative we could be so much more killer.

I want to slam the door in peoples faces and this defense is on its way.
Only Miami's better, and that ranking's hardly low. We won't LET anyone run, and huge leads FORCE them to pass, so they do it a lot—but don't get much: It just adds up because we MAKE them keep trying.