PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' greats Terrell Davis, Rod Smith praise Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
10-24-2014, 11:00 AM
Nearing the season's halfway point, the Broncos represent the AFC favorite to reach the Super Bowl. During a Thursday luncheon for corporate sponsors, former Broncos greats Terrell Davis and Rod Smith provided a peek behind the curtain, explaining the Broncos' excellence.

The relentless pursuit of victories begins with owner Pat Bowlen, they agreed.

"After I woke up from ACL surgery in 1999, the first call I got was from Pat Bowlen. I will always remember that," said Davis at the Seawell Grand Ballroom at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts.

"He did so many little things to help us. We didn't have roommates on the road. Not every team does that. ... One time, I had a personal issue and called him for help, and he immediately took care of it. I would run through a wall for him."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26786876/broncos-greats-terrell-davis-rod-smith-praise-bowlen

Dapper Dan
10-24-2014, 11:20 AM
I think Bowlen may have killed someone for Terrell Davis.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-24-2014, 02:14 PM
DENVER — Denver Broncos Ring of Famers Rod Smith and Shannon Sharpe were among the final people to leave the Broncos' locker room late Thursday night after Denver's 35-21 win against the San Diego Chargers.

Smith and Sharpe, the top receiver and tight end of the Broncos' Super Bowl champion teams, lingered as they talked with current Broncos players, and they enjoyed a reunion with running back Terrell Davis, in town for the NFL Network telecast, and receiver Ed McCaffrey, who does color commentary for the Broncos' radio broadcast, and of course, with their quarterback John Elway, the man who has built their beloved team into arguably the best team in the NFL.

Smith and Sharpe know what a championship team plays like, and they know what a championship locker room feels like. This season might only be nearing its midpoint, but they can sense that Elway has built something special here in the wake of the Broncos' Super Bowl heartbreak in February.

rest - http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2014/10/24/denver-championship-feel-investments-on-defense-pay-off/17821441/

tripp
10-24-2014, 03:09 PM
I think Bowlen may have killed someone for Terrell Davis.

Bowlen can't do no wrong in my eyes.

Dapper Dan
10-24-2014, 05:53 PM
Bowlen can't do no wrong in my eyes.

I didn't say it was wrong. I'm sure it was justified