PDA

View Full Version : Denver's Unsolvable Defense

VonDoom
10-24-2014, 10:15 AM
I figured there would be some nice Bronco-centric articles around this morning; this is a good one:

What Miller and a revived Ware allow the Broncos to do is rush four and still keep quarterbacks up at night. Coming into last night, Denver was getting pressure on 29.3 percent of opponent dropbacks — the fourth-highest rate in the league, according to ESPN Stats & Info. It did so while blitzing on only 22.8 percent of dropbacks. Only five teams have brought five or more rushers less often. With the secondary the Broncos have assembled, their defense is basically unsolvable.

“We’re going to stop the run, and y’all are going to have to come out here and throw the ball at me and Talib,” Harris says. “And it’s going to be a long day when y’all do that.”

The rest: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/denvers-unsolvable-defense-puts-it-in-a-league-of-its-own/

Ziggy
10-24-2014, 11:03 AM
This is the most talented D we've had since the Orange Crush. JDR has done a great job of putting them in positions to succeed since the bye. We don't need a shut down defense to win a championship. We just need them to be good. Right now they look very good.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-24-2014, 11:22 AM
I love Harris's swagger. :laugh:

"It's gonna be a long day..."

NightTrainLayne
10-24-2014, 01:22 PM
"Unsolvable". I love it!