PDA

View Full Version : Idiot scoreboard operator

tomjonesrocks
10-23-2014, 11:52 PM
I wish I could post and edit the video.

Peyton:
I got a problem with our scoreboard operator. I gotta have a little talk with him. I'm not sure what he's doing. He's playing music and showing players dancing and getting the crowd fired up when we have the ball. I don't think we should be doing that. I don't think we should be showing their quarterback on the sideline -- I thought that was kind of disrespectful.

Our fans are great, our fans are loud -- the scoreboard operator -- wasn't his best night.

:lol:

Simple Jaded
10-23-2014, 11:57 PM
Just do your ****** job Peyton.

CrazyHorse
10-23-2014, 11:58 PM
He was obviously pissed because it caused a false start.

tomjonesrocks
10-24-2014, 12:00 AM
He was obviously pissed because it caused a false start.

I love everything about the rant.

It's hilarious, he praises the fans, is another example of what a professional he is, and classy simultaneously.

Timmy!
10-24-2014, 12:04 AM
Ya.....playing "jump around" right before we try to run clock isn't exactly smart.

ShaneFalco
10-24-2014, 12:10 AM
Ya.....playing "jump around" right before we try to run clock isn't exactly smart.

seriously that song gets everyone hype.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-24-2014, 12:29 AM
Gotta love Peyton. Doesn't matter what point of the game it is, he takes his job seriously, and rightfully so. It's what makes him great. I'd be running and hiding if I'm that scoreboard operator.

Or he can hook up with the DJ and get him to play nothing but Rocky Top next home game.

Dzone
10-24-2014, 12:40 AM
I wish I could post and edit the video.

Peyton:
I got a problem with our scoreboard operator. I gotta have a little talk with him. I'm not sure what he's doing. He's playing music and showing players dancing and getting the crowd fired up when we have the ball. I don't think we should be doing that. I don't think we should be showing their quarterback on the sideline -- I thought that was kind of disrespectful.

Our fans are great, our fans are loud -- the scoreboard operator -- wasn't his best night.

:lol:
Yes, that was totally awesome. Thanks for posting that

tomjonesrocks
10-24-2014, 12:41 AM
Rivers, who I loathe, had a brilliant, genius quote saying if you'd told him at 10 years old that if he was going to be shown in front of 75,000 and get booed and then Peyton Manning was shown on the same clip getting cheered he'd have thought it was awesome.

Touché. What a perfect response. Dude has game.

His attire was great as always as well.

mouthofsouth
10-24-2014, 12:55 AM
I love Peyton, and I am not going to criticize him about how he conducts himself in most situations, least of all quieting down the crowd when Denver has the ball. But there is something I do not understand about it. He seems to get flustered when there is too much crowd noise while the offense has the ball at home. But, when on the road, it seems the crowd noise while the offense has the ball does not really bother him much. Even in Seattle, the noisiest of crowds, or in Kansas City, another noisy crowd. He seems pretty cool. So I would like an explanation on this. Keep doing what you do though, Peyton. It will be dull after you retire.

MOtorboat
10-24-2014, 01:00 AM
I love Peyton, and I am not going to criticize him about how he conducts himself in most situations, least of all quieting down the crowd when Denver has the ball. But there is something I do not understand about it. He seems to get flustered when there is too much crowd noise while the offense has the ball at home. But, when on the road, it seems the crowd noise while the offense has the ball does not really bother him much. Even in Seattle, the noisiest of crowds, or in Kansas City, another noisy crowd. He seems pretty cool. So I would like an explanation on this. Keep doing what you do though, Peyton. It will be dull after you retire.

Because the home crowd shouldn't be loud when the home team has the ball.

MOtorboat
10-24-2014, 01:46 AM
The whole scoreboard operator thing aside, Manning motioned to the crowd three times to shut up.

Seriously.

Shut the **** up when Denver is on offense. Is it that hard?

dogfish
10-24-2014, 03:13 AM
so awesome. . . i almost fell over laughing. . . just hilarious. . . friggin' nobody but PFM does that-- nobody. . . dude is a perfectionist down to the tiniest detail, simple as that. . . that scoreboard operator better watch his ass!

Valar Morghulis
10-24-2014, 03:35 AM
PFM expects to have to use silent snap counts and play with less audibles when on the road - but at home, he should have the luxury of having all his players hear his audibles, and allow him to change the play with ease as often as he wants, it will also allow him to draw the D offside.

It is nice to see that PFM cares so much, even when the game is coming to an end that he is willing the tell the fans to shut it

dogfish
10-24-2014, 04:58 AM
PFM expects to have to use silent snap counts and play with less audibles when on the road - but at home, he should have the luxury of having all his players hear his audibles, and allow him to change the play with ease as often as he wants, it will also allow him to draw the D offside.

It is nice to see that PFM cares so much, even when the game is coming to an end that he is willing the tell the fans to ****

manning runs shit. . . like a boss. . .

Northman
10-24-2014, 05:03 AM
Wonder if there will be a new scoreboard operator come Monday? lmao

ShaneFalco
10-24-2014, 05:04 AM
yes it will be me.

Tned
10-24-2014, 08:09 AM

He doesn't get flustered. Instead, he just motions, some times emphatically, for the crowd to quiet down. On the road, they have to deal with crowd noise, which limits their effectiveness. They have to at times resort to hand signals or he has to lean over or move over to RB or linemen or others to make sure they hear, which means he's far more limited in what he can do and how many changes he can make.

At home, when the crowd is quiet, he can make play or protection calls right up until the snap, which means he and the offense will be more effective.

In addition, leading up to a home game, the offense isn't going to be working on silent snap counts or hand signals, because they operate under the assumption that the crowd will be quiet and they can use verbal commands.

Buff
10-24-2014, 10:17 AM
It really is pretty remarkable when you're there how quiet 75,000 people get when we have the ball.

Also pretty funny what a maniacal control freak PFM is at all times.

DenBronx
10-24-2014, 10:51 AM
So apparently the scoreboard operator is tweeting up a storm according to NFLN AM. I don't know this guys twitter account but would love to know what this guy is saying in response to Manning. Must had stirred him up...

DenBronx
10-24-2014, 10:54 AM
It really is pretty remarkable when you're there how quiet 75,000 people get when we have the ball.

I'm ok with Manning being a control freak. He knows his shit... but it still funny to watch. Broncos fans are loud though and that's near impossible to stop. Good luck on that Manning. Lol

TXBRONC
10-24-2014, 11:03 AM
manning runs shit. . . like a boss. . .

Well he is known as the "Sheriff."

Pudge
10-24-2014, 11:57 AM
So apparently the scoreboard operator is tweeting up a storm according to NFLN AM. I don't know this guys twitter account but would love to know what this guy is saying in response to Manning. Must had stirred him up...

I can't find the tweets from the scoreboard operator

NightTrainLayne
10-24-2014, 01:13 PM
I can't find the tweets from the scoreboard operator

Someone started an account as a joke. It's a parody account.

DenBronx
10-24-2014, 02:48 PM
NTL is probably right. The scoreboard guy probably doesn't want anymore drama this week.

tripp
10-24-2014, 03:06 PM

There's a certain level of expectation you have for your own fans.

Joel
10-24-2014, 04:09 PM

Dude! :eek: You KNOW he HEARD that: Might as well start cleaning out your locker now; was nice posting with ya.... :(

*sigh* First our idiot scoreboard operator gets liquored up and runs his screen off, now this. :rolleyes:

Dzone
10-24-2014, 04:17 PM
Has this scoreboard operator been identified? Has the media been able to get some cameras outside his house?
The guy is probably in hiding in his parents basement, kind of like steve Bartman